TW2 GOG version

+
TW2 GOG version

Hey all.. I get to know that ALL profilt of GoG of TW2 version goes to CDPR. That's really nice to hear and i have already pre-ordered earlier.The CE edition has 2 DLCs.. How many DLCs are the players getting for supporting the GoG version?I saw an updated thread about TW2 and it does not mentioned what DLC GoG version will be getting:http://tw2.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=28407.0Thanks for shedding some light.

none, what's exclusive from GOG is the art book:"The artbook is more than 200 pages filled with gorgeous high-resolution graphics from every step of game development. "

I heard that we will get DLC when we register the game? Wow that suxs honestly if there is none especially those who pre-order the GoG version just to support the developers.If that is the case i might consider getting the CE version then.

I preordered on GOG since it supports the devs the most...no DLC is fine with me except I still believe all the finishing moves should be in there for everyone and not just those who buy from specific places. It'll be modded in though I hope.

Muldred said:
I preordered on GOG since it supports the devs the most...no DLC is fine with me except I still believe all the finishing moves should be in there for everyone and not just those who buy from specific places. It'll be modded in though I hope.
Also the GoG version is not entirely DRM free. There will be no standalone patches for GoG version and player still need to have internet connection to update the game for future patches. It was confirmed by GoG staff in the GoG forum.Not entirely DRM free and no DLC and just slightly cheaper than the retail, IF this is how CDPR treating the gamers that support them then i'll be getting the CE version then.

archaven said:
archaven said:
Also the GoG version is not entirely DRM free. There will be no standalone patches for GoG version and player still need to have internet connection to update the game for future patches. It was confirmed by GoG staff in the GoG forum.Not entirely DRM free and no DLC and just slightly cheaper than the retail, IF this is how CDPR treating the gamers that support them then i'll be getting the CE version then.
What is their reason for that, did they say? Doesn't make sense to have the full game be DRM-free but not the patches/DLC. They could easily just add that to what you are able to download on GOG.com.I still will buy from GOG though because CDPR really is one of my favorite companies right now in the PC gaming world. However, that does suck that I will not be able to download patches/DLC from GOG to put on my TW2 DVD-R. But I still like having a non DRM hard copy. I just hope they rethink and do offer a standalone patch that I can save to my computer/DVD-R instead of me having to be checked online when I install and want to patch.

Muldred said:
Muldred said:
Muldred said:
What is their reason for that, did they say? Doesn't make sense to have the full game be DRM-free but not the patches/DLC. They could easily just add that to what you are able to download on GOG.com.I still will buy from GOG though because CDPR really is one of my favorite companies right now in the PC gaming world. However, that does suck that I will not be able to download patches/DLC from GOG to put on my TW2 DVD-R. But I still like having a non DRM hard copy. I just hope they rethink and do offer a standalone patch that I can save to my computer/DVD-R instead of me having to be checked online when I install and want to patch.
The reason for no standalone patches for GoG version is because they do not want pirates in updating the game. This is purely nonsense if you asked me because it's not really a tough job for pirates to come out with standalone patches. Look at Ubisoft DRM.. even that could be bypassed. So was it worth it spending so much time, effort and money just to fend off pirates(which they failed to do so) then spending the time with probably storyline content DLCs?

The reason they added automatic updating is because of the ease, you just open up the game and it updates then its ready to play, no worrying about having to find patches, some people wouldn't even know there's patches. I personally think this is great because I can't be bothered to go to GOG.com to get some 5mb patch or whatever.

The other side of the coin is that I don't want to download a 500mb patch via GoG, Steam or whatever digital distribution platform. I want to be able to download it using my download manager of choice and back it up to a disc. As for knowing about patches, they could always have a launcher that connects to the internet and informs you of a patch without mandatory downloading from the system.

I read the Witcher 2 April FAQ
Registered users will also receive automatic notifications of updates via the game launcher. Inaddition, this will be the only way to update the product – patches will not be available as separatefiles, making it impossible to update illegal copies of the game in this manner.
it says automatic notifications, I think that means it will tell you there's a patch and a choice to download it, not mandatory updating like Steam.

Lexino said:
The reason they added automatic updating is because of the ease, you just open up the game and it updates then its ready to play, no worrying about having to find patches, some people wouldn't even know there's patches. I personally think this is great because I can't be bothered to go to GOG.com to get some 5mb patch or whatever.
My internet line was only 512kbps.. I've pre-ordered the GoG version solely to support CDPR and also because of NO DRM.Also, if the patch has became few hundred megabytes it would be ridiculous for me to update on my another PC which has no internet connection.What's the point in not releasing a standalone patch? In FACT CDPR has admitted themselves reason for no standalone patch is to NOT allow pirates to update the game. Which is purely nonsense to begin with..

Kodaemon said:
The other side of the coin is that I don't want to download a 500mb patch via GoG, Steam or whatever digital distribution platform. I want to be able to download it using my download manager of choice and back it up to a disc. As for knowing about patches, they could always have a launcher that connects to the internet and informs you of a patch without mandatory downloading from the system.
.. and most importantly, I don't want anything patching anything automatically. IF I have a problem, then I would look IF an available patch fixes that particular problem, and IF I install a patch, I want the ability to back out of it should it introduce a bigger or more annoying problem than the one I had before.

SystemShock7 said:
SystemShock7 said:
.. and most importantly, I don't want anything patching anything automatically. IF I have a problem, then I would look IF an available patch fixes that particular problem, and IF I install a patch, I want the ability to back out of it should it introduce a bigger or more annoying problem than the one I had before.
I'm with you on this, I do decide if and when I want to update anything, but you know, it is nowadays trending feature, make eveything easy for casual gamers not having to even think for a second.

arkray said:
arkray said:
arkray said:
I'm with you on this, I do decide if and when I want to update anything, but you know, it is nowadays trending feature, make eveything easy for casual gamers not having to even think for a second.
Also not to mentioned that no free DLC for fans who supported them :(

archaven said:
Your obsession to constantly keep mentioning the dlc is just astounding. It's just a one friggin item!

Tohveli said:
Tohveli said:
Your obsession to constantly keep mentioning the dlc is just astounding. It's just a one friggin item!
Well, some collectors just want to have it all. And retailers are playing that. :)But I just saw something that was news to me:>> — Mysterious Merchant: NPC that offers unique items (without the DLC available only through hard quests)

DelightfulMcCoy said:
Well, some collectors just want to have it all. And retailers are playing that. :)But I just saw something that was news to me:>> — Mysterious Merchant: NPC that offers unique items (without the DLC available only through hard quests)

Coelocanth said:
Coelocanth said:

Top Bottom