TW2 in Italian is absolutely essential because...

+
for me you did not understand one thing: in Italy the prices are much higher than the England and the Italian people to save money, buy the game from sites UK like: gog, Amazon, Zavvi, play.com etc.. So, I do understand CD Project, which between sales UK there is a good part of Italian sales mainly because Italians bought from England. is that you do not understand.this year with The Witcher 2, the Italian sales will all be on the UK market because you save money and because the dubbing does not exist. I personally buy from italy spending a little more, but many guys I meet in the many Italian forums buy from UK sites, not by the Italian shops. CD Project in my opinion, should be from sites giving UK buyers of Italian names on them, just so they can understand when the witcher sells in Italy.calculating retail sales only in Italian stores, never understand how many sales were made in Italy.Simple. ;)

I understand your frustration as i am from small European country and no games ever get localized here , but i don't care as i know English and Russian.You should try understand CDprojekt , localizing game isn't cheap at all especially if they want to bring quality over quantity as they are doing now , they are spending more money to get better quality localization's , but they scraped few of them as that would be way to expensive.I believe if game will be selling well CDPR may even make Italian localization later , knowing what nice guy's they are.

Altair1402, are you sure that Italian players who buy The Witcher game(s) from abroad aren't nocticed in sales statistics? I don't think so. Mail order companies who sell to foreign countries surely make evaluation where do their customers come from and what kind of articles do they buy. And I'm sure these results are rewarded to manufacturers. So via a roundabout route CDPR notice these costumers. And they may ask themselves... many Italian fans buy the game from UK though it's available in their own country? And if they want to know they ask the distributor / publisher.

@Altair1402More people answered the same thing to me again and again. I think You don't get the point. I don't know, maybe it's the language (english) or it's me which I'm totally unable to explain myself better. If you come here http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=2831.msg5479780#msg5479780 we talk a bit in our native language and maybe I'll clear up one and forever what I'm trying to explain to my countrymen: to F5F9, mjordan, PCMaster etc.cheers :)@PetraAgree :)Most people here is simply reporting what they can read in other forums, because they hardly know the real selling rates (how could they?).

The games localized in my language (Bulgarian) are very few and no AAA titles were ever translated, including The Witcher. TW2 is getting voiced in many laguages and subtitled in even more. I think every one should be able to play it. If not, subtitles are the answer.

PetraSilie said:
Altair1402, are you sure that Italian players who buy The Witcher game(s) from abroad aren't nocticed in sales statistics? I don't think so. Mail order companies who sell to foreign countries surely make evaluation where do their customers come from and what kind of articles do they buy. And I'm sure these results are rewarded to manufacturers. So via a roundabout route CDPR notice these costumers. And they may ask themselves... many Italian fans buy the game from UK though it's available in their own country? And if they want to know they ask the distributor / publisher.
I'm unsure of what I say, I know many guys are booking for example the game on GOG.COM, live in Italy but they buy it in UK because it saves. I do not know if CD PROJECT took account also of the Italian sales abroad, I know is that usually only estimate the retail sales IN ITALY. However I do not want controversy, I play and I booked May 19 I get home and I'll be happy to play it, but I'm sorry that they have eliminated the Italian dubbing, if decided so patience CD project, will have their reasons.

Hi everyone, I'm Italian too!First, let me say that I didn't read the whole thread. It's just too long. So, I'm sorry if it seems that I'm here to ruin the party but I really want to share my view on the matter.I'm personally not interested in having an italian dub in this game (or any other for what it matters).Because:1-it costs quite a bit2-it's never well done3-italian voiceactors/actors have the bad habit of shouting too much4-an amazing amout of details and meanings are lost in translations (yeah I know, in this particular case it doesn't really matter since even the english version will be a translation)Usually italian voiceactors have completely different voices, often even out of character. Have you ever heard Revy from the anime "Black Lagoon"? Her original voice is hoarse, rough, badass. In italian she sounds like a 15 years girl with high pitched voice. Almost Sailor Moon like.Or Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. The protagonist was dubbed by someone with such a strong roman accent that "It's terrible!" became "E' teribbile!" (should have been "E' terribile!"). It was really painful to hear.What about Aslan from The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (The Chronicles of Narnia). The Italian dubbing was done by Omar Sharif, an international actor born in Egypt. Why? Just, why? I barely understood what he was saying just because I had read the book.But since we are talking about videogame, a more pertinent example is the game Mirror's Edge. Faith's voice in italian is dubbed by a famous italian actress, Asia Argento. Her dubbing was so flat and expressionless that I had to surf the net to find a way to unlock the english language (since the installer doesn't ask which language to install), or I'd have hanged myself out of depression. Let's be real. Books, movies, games, comics... everything that gets translated into italian is in dire risk of being altered in some asinine manner or simply mistranslated.Has someone played the italian version of oblivion? It was a mess.A dialogue example: "Have you seen him?" "No." "Oh, so you haven't."Correct italian should be: "L'hai visto?" "No" "Oh, quindi non l'hai visto"Instead it got translated this way: "L'hai visto?" "No" "Oh, quindi non ce l'hai"Which means: "Have you seen him?" "No." "Oh, so you don't have it/him?"Or simpler things like "scale" (you know, from fishes), got transalted as "bilancia" which in english is "balance" (and of course "scale", hence the confusion).I could go on, but I think I've made my point.In our country it works this way and it's very sad.

I sympathize with those who may not have the game in italian... but TBH, if a company doesn't include a certain language in the game, I have to assume the company didn't include it because the Italian market wasn't big enough to justify spending whatever amount of resources were required to translate every little passage and word of the game into Italian. I mean if CDProjekt assumes that the quantity of sales they'd get from translating it into another language wouldn't generate enough revenue to offset the price of translating it, the only conclusion I can imagine is that this would actually result in a net COST to CDProjekt... Much as I'd love to have the game available to as many as possible, I am even more interested in the financial success of CDProjekt... so that they can continue to make such great games for people in the future. That possibility is made more difficult if they start operating more like a charity than a business.

I join hips in hopes of translation for the most beautiful game I've had.If they do the translation for TW2 I will be in store on the first day to buy it. But if the translation will be very indecisive.

I will wish the game translated, but if only english i will buy in english. Sure, i'd prefer in my languages, but many title have only sub. DA2 only to remember the last one.Hope in a future patch to add italian but i don't believe itOT: Mass effect 1 and 2 have great translation effect IMHO

sorry for my english maybe is this the reason for my post!please include italian voice in the witcher 2!the witcher 1 translation is excellent!thank you

I want to learn beautiful language!So, maybe CD Project should consider to create Italian forum? I really wanto to see how Geralt speaks Italiano :D

Voivod999 said:
English has become the primary Universal (on Earth at least) language.With English, you can go ANYWHERE (well, about anywhere lol) and most will understand you.This is not for most other languages, like Italian, Spanish, Turkish, Dutch (I am Dutch, note).So it is logical they go English all the way. :)Adapt, I did too. :p
The translation of game its only a cuestion of money.In my opinion your argument is: English is universal, so, the others lenguage only can be local lenguage,But i say that its because the country with more economic power have english lenguage.And England had a powerful international trade and many colonies in the world, in the past.its only a economical cuestion, not by numbers of native speakers.For example the spanish lenguage:
''In 1999, there were according to Ethnologue 358 million people speaking Spanish as a native language and a total of 417 million speakers worldwide. Currently these figures are up to 400 and 500 million people respectively. Spanish is the second most natively spoken language in the world, after Mandarin Chinese'' ''Spanish is the second most studied language in the world, after English.''
We must learn Mandarin, soon will be the universal lenguage ^.^

The first The Witcher was in italian audio language then this one has to be in italian audio language too, that's all. May be this is a marketing problem but how many copyies of the game shall be sold in this way? More or less then before? I mean in Italy.

Mebrilia said:
i am italian and i support this thread.. But for me its also good if the witcher 2 have subtitles...
There will be Italian subtitles. There will be no Italian dub because TW1 sold very bad in Italy. :(

Aver said:
Aver said:
i am italian and i support this thread.. But for me its also good if the witcher 2 have subtitles...
There will be Italian subtitles. There will be no Italian dub because TW1 sold very bad in Italy. :(
And without audio in italian you think it could be sold better? The hype for The Witcher 2 it's great in Italy too.

http://multiplayer.it/notizie/88745-the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings-the-witcher-2-sotto-la-nostra-lente-dingrandimento.html

"Siamo molto soddisfatti del successo che The Witcher 2 sta riscontrando", ha dichiarato Christian Born, Head of Marketing Namco Bandai Partners Italia. "Mi riferisco agli ottimi voti che sta prendendo sulla stampa specializzata di tutto il mondo e al fatto che, in Italia, l'esclusivissima Collector's Edition è gi

Top Bottom