TW2 in Italian is absolutely essential because...

+
However, the behavior of the publishers ruin the wonderful reputation of CDPit is important that they also make their voices heard

I got this noticehttp://www.thewitcher.com/newsletter_12_2010.htmlseemed like a jokeCDP asks asks us to supportI joined immediately, and I immediately ordered the gamebut ...

secondchildren said:
They're simply advertizing GOG pre-ording. Nothing unregular imo. What's the point?
"you'll be giving practically 100% of your money to, and thus supporting, the company creating the game"" As you can see, we're doing what we can to offer you the best possible product on the best possible terms - and hopefully making you happy in the process. "

Hi all. I'm joining this topic to join my voice to that of alla Italians who wants The Witcher 2 to be dubbed in our language. I loved the Italian dubbing of the first chapter too, and I think it would be great to have an Italian dubbing also for the second chapter of this fantastic game. Please, do it.

Deudermont said:
Hi all. I'm joining this topic to join my voice to that of alla Italians who wants The Witcher 2 to be dubbed in our language. I loved the Italian dubbing of the first chapter too, and I think it would be great to have an Italian dubbing also for the second chapter of this fantastic game. Please, do it.
Thanks. We really need your support. I hope you can also spread the voice to your friends or other forums out there so that we can keep our protest going :)

I sincerely hope you get TW2 dubbed in your native language. I tried at one point to play TW1 with Polish VO and English subtitles and even though i know the game it seemed i spent most of the time reading what they were saying and missing some of the gameplay action on screen . I can only imagine what it would be like playing the game for the first time and trying to do the same

Playing a game completely dependent on subtitles can be a pain. You guys DO need an Italian dubbing. I remember playing some game in Russian with English subtitles once. I did not know Russian back then. And boy was it frustrating.Can't anyone quote any Italian sales figures for TW1 to show just how much of the TW1 revenue can from Italian fans? I searched, but couldn't find much. But I can't read Italian. So maybe I missed something.I'm sure sales figures would be a convincing argument. While localization is not entirely in the hands of the REDs, they sure can influence it in some way....

I am the first to realize that is not a reliable pollBut myself and many of my friends has regularly purchased one or even two copies of the game(which will not happen if the game will not be dubbed in Italian)

@F5F9I understand what you're saying. But if you need to present your case to the Devs, you need to show them the "bigger picture". You earned "x" with your game. of that, "y" was because of Italians, who you're now ignoring.Unfortunately that's the only language distributors will understand. Net profit/loss/decrease in profits etc.

Hey guys, let me start with apologies - I joined this thread quite late and 5 pages to read is just quite a lot for the moment. Let me give you my 2 cents regarding the Italian dubbing for The Witcher 2.As for the moment we're not producing the Italian voiceovers, which means that most probably the premiere version will not include those (there's still space for changes later on, yes).The main reason behind it is, as always, time/people/money (I know I keep repeating this mantra forever, but forgive me guys - I'm a producer :) ). We had to close down the number of languages we could do dubbing for, and obviously we were forced to consider the sales of our previous game. That was an ABSOLUTELY DIFFICULT decision, because all our lives are about supporting community, but we can't afford more dubbed language versions. At least for the time being.And yes, we really are sorry...

He didn't say that.I'm sure with the huge revenue TW2 will rake in they'll soon be able to release localized versions in more languages..

But, the harsh reality is that Italians aren't a big enough market to warrant a localization with their current resources... so might be best to expect the worst, so you won't be disappointed.

Top Bottom