TW2 in Italian is absolutely essential because...

+
Tommy said:
With huge sales maybe a patch later that would add Italian voices to your game :) *fingers crossed*
I think that is exactly what Tomek is suggesting. At a later date, with more resources, an italian VO is possible. But unlikely for the premiere.Shame, but its better than nothing, right?

wisielec said:
wisielec said:
With huge sales maybe a patch later that would add Italian voices to your game :) *fingers crossed*
I think that is exactly what Tomek is suggesting. At a later date, with more resources, an italian VO is possible. But unlikely for the premiere.Shame, but its better than nothing, right?
I took it that was what he suggestedNothing would be like having your native language for the premier but having a VO patch would definitely be better than nothing. At least it would be something to hope for

Heck the voiceovers released later might even be better quality than the premier localizations. Remeber TW1 and the EE voiceovers?

Tommy said:
Tommy said:
Tommy said:
I took it that was what he suggestedNothing would be like having your native language for the premier but having a VO patch would definitely be better than nothing. At least it would be something to hope for
but I want it to day one (cry)

Vilgefortze said:
Heck the voiceovers released later might even be better quality than the premier localizations. Remeber TW1 and the EE voiceovers?
Hell yea ^_^
Vilgefortze said:
Exactly what I thought after reading the Big Boss post . I'm positive :)
Vilgefortze said:
For sure. Again I'm positive (need emoticon to express my positive mood, plz)

wisielec said:
wisielec said:
Unfortunately, I won't buy a game hoping for a later patch of this genre. I abandoned the attitude of buying games that give "promises" and praying developers for things that won't happen. Look for example Unreal Tournament III and its promised subsequent Linux support.A game without a localization is an half baked product, period. I don't believe to things like "We don't have money", etc. etc. Computer videogames are a multi million dollars business, developers work hard and game publishers are just trying to earn as much as possible. They don't have money because they're trying to increase earnings sacrifying the final quality of the product, not because there aren't funds.I'll buy this game when the final localization will be released, not a day before.

@mjordanIt's a vicious cycle mate. If there is low Italian sales because of this kind of boycott, it might not be considered "profitable" to release a localization.

mjordan79 said:
mjordan79 said:
mjordan79 said:
Unfortunately, I won't buy a game hoping for a later patch of this genre. I abandoned the attitude of buying games that give "promises" and praying developers for things that won't happen. Look for example Unreal Tournament III and its promised subsequent Linux support.A game without a localization is an half baked product, period. I don't believe to things like "We don't have money", etc. etc. Computer videogames are a multi million dollars business, developers work hard and game publishers are just trying to earn as much as possible. They don't have money because they're trying to increase earnings sacrifying the final quality of the product, not because there aren't funds.I'll buy this game when the final localization will be released, not a day before.
A game without localization is a half baked product? Haha, come on. Localizations are extras. Of course they have the money to do localizations. Heck, they could make localizations for every country! But then they wouldn't earn much/anything. It's still a business, not a charity. The Italian sales were low enough on TW1 to not warrant a localization of TW2. What does that tell you? You can shake your fist at corporates and their 'greediness' but that won't do much. (And you not buying the game really means nothing to them. Fair enough, though, if you're just stating it but using it as a "threat" of kinds is silly.)

Vilgefortze said:
@mjordanIt's a vicious cycle mate. If there is low Italian sales because of this kind of boycott, it might not be considered "profitable" to release a localization.
No, it's not. Games sell poorly when they're implemented poorly. You can't produce sh*t and expect to sell greatly. This is not a vicious cycle because we're not speaking about something that has been produced with state of the art in mind. We're speaking of an half baked product.The reality is they want to earn X dollars dropping Y dollars from the investments. This is the reality.The game price is full, the features are missing. I'm not such an idiot, thanks.

Vilgefortze said:
Yep. We must keep on protesting and "conviced" CDP that we're faithful fanz too.

secondchildren said:
secondchildren said:
Yep. We must keep on protesting and "conviced" CDP that we're faithful fanz too.
It's kind of difficult, though. Lots of Italians buy the game now? CDP might think there's no need for localization, the Italians are buying the game even without it! Not many are buying it? Well, they might figure it's because there's no localization, or that there's not a big market for the game... either way, it's a sacrifice the producers are obviously willing to make. If the devs decide to do something like the EE for TW2, there's more hope though, I think.

how many copies of The Witcher have been sold in Italy?Italians in the forums I keep reading about people who buy today for the first timeand I read that many have taken even appreciating the full location ...

mjordan79 said:
This is the reality.The game price is full, the features are missing. I'm not such an idiot, thanks.
? Wtf are you talking bout mate?How many localized (in so many languages, and your own) AAA titles do you get? I guess most common would be subtitled, right (in contrary to VO)? How can you say that CDP is cutting edges on this one? Witcher is still one of the most "localized" games I think. How many have you in DA:O?Features missing? Lets face it, most of the VO are extras as native and english are most common when comes to games developement...Prove me wrong if I am.

Dezired said:
It's kind of difficult, though. Lots of Italians buy the game now? CDP might think there's no need for localization, the Italians are buying the game even without it!
Not at all. Or they would the same with German and French. It's absolutly the opposite. Tomacsz said in the post: they made this choice based of the TW sales in any single country.@wisielec and mjordan79I totally agree with Wisielec. TW EE has been translated in many languages and we-italian are not certainly any ..ucking kinda special people. Czech, Japanese, Spanish will have subs too but they're not screwing up for this.We have our chance to express our opinion and I think we should keep on it. But let's act not like spoiled kids, alright? just be a lil bit more mature and calm down.And as Wisielec here said, DAO sold too much in Italy too, without any localization at all. And totally unworthy if you asked me. At least I'm sure TW2 worths the cost.@mjordan79 what do you expect? CDP total devotion to us and self-sacrifice? Wouldn't you do the same with a big project in your hand and economy\people\money aspect to care about? Do you really expect CDP said: "of course, my dear Italian friends! Here's your dub!"C'mon, let's be a grown up. Since a few weeks ago, before this protest starts, I (say) I was the only italian here. ONLY I. Where were you others? Have you any idea of how many russian\polish\german\british\american are here? So you think you come here after all these years, whine, whim, cry, screw up, grumble and pretend to be the most addicted TW fanz in the world? Did you make any contribution at all in WWiki Italia, like I only do? HAve you done something at all for this community like I do?Well when you have the time to answer these questions, you can have some reason to pretend an italian localization.(I can translate this in ita too, if you want the full localization )

Well said, secondchildren. :)Everyone understands that you want a localization. But whining about it and saying the game is "half baked" because there's no localization is incredibly dumb. I'm not a native speaker either, and I'm not crying because the game won't be localized to my native language. Or is The Witcher 2 a half-baked game until it has VO for all the three thousand languages in the world? What, you're saying they're not making VO for 3000 languages? How dare they, they probably just want to make a profit or something!! Or are you, mjordan, somehow special?I think a thread like this is the best Italians can do now, though. Just without the self-entitlement, please.

I understand the bitterness of mjordanafter TW1, CDP in Italy had become a myth for the incredible support to usersthe disappointment was huge ...

F5F9 said:
I understand the bitterness of mjordan
He is understandable. And I understand the frustration and angry. But I do not justify the offense neither immature reaction.
after TW1, CDP in Italy had become a myth for the incredible support to usersthe disappointment was huge ...
Why? do u have any rates or statistics to report? Or are you talking using pluralis majestatis? I think CDP report on previuos sales in Italy are more reliable. And as I've said before DAO sold too many copies even here, in Italy. But I hear no whining about the lack of localization. Indeed I see people who don't care neither the sucking DAO subs.

Top Bottom