TW2 in Italian is absolutely essential because...

+
i don't see the point complaining about no italian dubbing... i mean you can play the game in english i think, don't you ? i understand that for some, vocals emotions must be expressed in their native language, but in my point of view the best dubbing ever is ALWAYS the original, devellopers supervised .i'm french and i've played the witcher in english, in polish (the best version, with REAL acting, even if i d'ont understand a word ...) and czech (mere curiosity) ; i've tried the french dubbing, but it sucked, never tried anymore.If you really want to play a game, and if you speak (or at last understand) english, language is not a problem.But ok, i must admit i've bought the polish collector version of the witcher (i've wanted the REAL thing) even if i don't speak a word..... take me hours and hours to translate to french the guide, the bestiary, the artbook, the manual, the short story, ect... with a scanner and a OCR program ....but now, i am really fond of my witcher box, remind me of the times of real good games with real good package, like ultima 7 ....thanks CD Projeckt ! to me you're even greater than bioware ! i can't wait for the witcher 2 !

pompom500 said:
i don't see the point complaining about no italian dubbing... i mean you can play the game in english i think, don't you ? i understand that for some, vocals emotions must be expressed in their native language, but in my point of view the best dubbing ever is ALWAYS the original, devellopers supervised ... (etc)
It's nice to see that there are some real hardcore Witcher fans that push themselves to buy the original polish version of the game :D I don't doubt it, it must be pretty awesome.Anyway...I don't want to sound rude, but what you said is pretty much your personal opinion. D:There are quite a lot of Italian Witcher-addicted fans that really don't speak or understand english that well, for which English voice-overs would be quite confusing and time-consuming. For how I see it, trying to read subtitles while playing/fighting/watching a cutscene is most of the times pretty hard, and always cause you to miss something - maybe even important - of what is happening on screen.God knows how many times I replayed missions in GTA or Red Dead Redemption because of that. And those games - even if they're great - don't have even half of the deep storyline that The Witcher games have, which makes the immersion in the game even more important.Most of the people don't really care that much to hear how Geralt could sound in the original Polish or English version. They just want to understand and appreciate at the fullest a great game.The fact that the first Witcher DID have a full Italian dub, while its acclaimed sequel won't, it's a major letdown for all the Italian fans. The dubbing work on the first chapter was completely awesome, a lot better than most of the dubbed releases here in Italy.We all started to love every unique character of the game, associating each voice to the corrisponding protagonist, only to get those characters partially changed in its sequel, and not even in favor of some different Italian dubbers, but for incrompensible-to-most-players English ones.It is, quite disappointing. Especially because it deals a huge blow to the immersion in the game, which is one of the (many) best aspects of the game.Probably this isn't that much of a deal breaker, but it's quite probable that many Italian players will think twice before buying TW2.So please CD Projekt RED, Please consider a full Italian dub for The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings. D:please make this game even more Awesome for us Italians.

i must admit , after re-reading myself , my post sound pretty harsh in my post, so i apologize :Di'm surprised to learn that many italians don't understand so well english, i've fought that us french were the worst concerning foreign language (for exemple i don't speak a word of ialian nor spanish, despite the fact that i live very very near to spain, but promise i will learn :D)like some said previously, i think if everything goes well you will get italian sub patch later, on some site like this one : http://www.patches-scrolls.de/the_witcher.phpi mean IF the dev are ok to dub in italian of coursebut it is true tha i'm surprised there is french dub to be frank (so i was when i bought the witcher 1)hail to all witcher fan anyway polish, italian, english and every others !

the Italian community of fans of The Witcher is hugebut there is no sales because they buy more games by dd or from foreign sites and never in the shops ......

F5F9 said:
the Italian community of fans of The Witcher is hugebut there is no sales because they buy more games by dd or from foreign sites and never in the shops ......
And you're sure about that, right?Specifically, how huge? three - four users, for example?

secondchildren said:
secondchildren said:
And you're sure about that, right?Specifically, how huge? three - four users, for example?
At least most of the 4-5 largest Italian community (there are large price increases in Italy) and I have seen no statistics on this.Definitely Italian buyers who buy abroad are not taken into account in calculating the potential advantages and disadvantages of a possible Italian dubbing.

PCMaster said:
At least most of the 4-5 largest Italian community (there are large price increases in Italy) and I have seen no statistics on this.Definitely Italian buyers who buy abroad are not taken into account in calculating the potential advantages and disadvantages of a possible Italian dubbing.
So you may ask to these "laregest community" if they did bought the game or else. Because if it's "else", you should tell them that it's their fault if CDP had poor sales in this country and adds no dubs to the new game.Many thanks to these "biggest" fans.Or you wanna say that your rates are more reliable than CDP's? Well, if it's so, let me tell you this: it doesn't care! You see? No italian dubs, whatever you keep saying that we are sooooooo devoted.EDIT: And where are all these huge number of fans right now? signing somone else's petition? maybe DA2 petion? maybe Diablo 3? Starcraft? What the hell are they doing, instead of supporting us and this protest here?

just look at the most important Italian video games forums (TGM, games village, hardware upgrade, etc..) to see that every day some new players to check the witcherand discussions about this game continue to be as lively as when he was releasedof course, the vast majority of casual gamers do not yet know that TW2 will not be dubbed in Italian (and perhaps still does not know that there will be a TW2)

pompom500 said:
i must admit , after re-reading myself , my post sound pretty harsh in my post, so i apologize :Di'm surprised to learn that many italians don't understand so well english, i've fought that us french were the worst concerning foreign language (for exemple i don't speak a word of ialian nor spanish, despite the fact that i live very very near to spain, but promise i will learn :D)...hail to all witcher fan anyway polish, italian, english and every others !
Hahahaha, I assure you, Italians are FAR worse, at least in English, for all I know. xD And don't worry, you didn't sound that harsh, you just stated your opinion. ;) I hope that my poor english didn't sound too rude either.Anyway, Yeah, I really hope for something like that. The game is pretty near its release date, and I fear there's little we can do now, besides letting the developers know that we'd really, REALLY like a full dub.So, yeah. Let's just hope that the Witcher 2 will be an even greater success in Italy than the first one, so that CDProjekt may decide to reward us with a voice-over patch =P From what I've seen, the game is highly anticipated from lots of italian communities, sites, and pretty much anything that has something to do with videogames. If the downside of the missing full dub won't be a dealbreaker for too many people, I'm sure the sales will be pretty high.All Hail The Witcher! xD

F5F9 said:
just look at the most important Italian video games forums (TGM, games village, hardware upgrade, etc..) to see that every day some new players to check the witcherand discussions about this game continue to be as lively as when he was releasedof course, the vast majority of casual gamers do not yet know that TW2 will not be dubbed in Italian (and perhaps still does not know that there will be a TW2)
Again, I say:
F5F9 said:
EDIT: And where are all these huge number of fans right now? signing somone else's petition? maybe DA2 petion? maybe Diablo 3? Starcraft? What the hell are they doing, instead of supporting us and this protest here?

secondchildren said:
secondchildren said:
So you may ask to these "laregest community" if they did bought the game or else. Because if it's "else", you should tell them that it's their fault if CDP had poor sales in this country and adds no dubs to the new game.Many thanks to these "biggest" fans.Or you wanna say that your rates are more reliable than CDP's? Well, if it's so, let me tell you this: it doesn't care! You see? No italian dubs, whatever you keep saying that we are sooooooo devoted.
secondchildren said:
secondchildren said:
So you may ask to these "laregest community" if they did bought the game or else. Because if it's "else", you should tell them that it's their fault if CDP had poor sales in this country and adds no dubs to the new game.Many thanks to these "biggest" fans.Or you wanna say that your rates are more reliable than CDP's? Well, if it's so, let me tell you this: it doesn't care! You see? No italian dubs, whatever you keep saying that we are sooooooo devoted.
Why do you pretend not to understand? But if I've just said that all these people have bought it in UK shops or those of other countries (but not in Italy), they would have to buy the game twice to appear in the statistics for the 'Italy?[quote author=secondchilEDIT: And where are all these huge number of fans right now? signing somone else's petition? maybe DA2 petion? maybe Diablo 3? Starcraft? What the hell are they doing, instead of supporting us and this protest here?EDIT: And where are all these huge number of fans right now? signing somone else's petition? maybe DA2 petion? maybe Diablo 3? Starcraft? What the hell are they doing, instead of supporting us and this protest here?[/QUOTE]Because most users are not aware of this petition and there are many others "who do not believe in these petitions"

PCMaster said:
Why do you pretend not to understand? But if I've just said that all these people have bought it in UK shops or those of other countries (but not in Italy), they would have to buy the game twice to appear in the statistics for the 'Italy?
And you are so sure about that? So sure that this is more reliable than CDP rates? Right? C'mon.... you do really?Whatever it is, I told it doesn't care! PM said the game had poor sales in Italy, so they decided to add no Italian dubs in TW2. This really cares to me.Frankly don't know among you and me who's the one who do not pretend to understand.And as for the record (but I've already said this too much time ago): Where the hell have you all been from 2007 since now???? I was here, in this community, supporting CDP and the game. Supporting my devotion, translating the whole WWiki Italia, making arts, contributing to the community in many ways. You????Now you all come here and pretend to be the most devoted fan of this game? After 4 years? Since a few weeks ago only I was the italian here.Plz don't be ridiculous.Btw, I give up in this conversation. There's no point in keeping try to make you reason about facts instead of some users' posts here and there in the web. Have fun.

secondchildren said:
secondchildren said:
Why do you pretend not to understand? But if I've just said that all these people have bought it in UK shops or those of other countries (but not in Italy), they would have to buy the game twice to appear in the statistics for the 'Italy?
And you are so sure about that? So sure that this is more reliable than CDP rates? Right? C'mon.... you do really?
What the hell do you have any questions? It 'obvious that I can not know because they do not work for CDP, even for the store online uk and abroad and even to statitistiche studies that have estimated costs and revenues of any dubbing into Italian.But you really believe that they have been taken into account the copies sold at "Italians that they were purchased abroad, which have really needed " because this "?As you say of course you, the sales "in Italy" have been few.
secondchildren said:
Whatever it is, I told it doesn't care! PM said the game had poor sales in Italy, so they decided to add no Italian dubs in TW2. This really cares to me.Frankly don't know among you and me who's the one who do not pretend to understand.And as for the record (but I've already said this too much time ago): Where the hell have you all been from 2007 since now???? I was here, in this community, supporting CDP and the game. Supporting my devotion, translating the whole WWiki Italia, making arts, contributing to the community in many ways. You????Now you all come here and pretend to be the most devoted fan of this game? After 4 years? Since a few weeks ago only I was the italian here.Plz don't be ridiculous.
For me, I started playing The Witcher a week ago and I love it (I do not believe to be an avid fan, of course), I'm trying to buy 2 The Witcher Collector's Edition.Assuming that it would be useless, I decided to sign the petition and appended to this discussion with the vain hope that CDP can "re"(and do not intend to "change your mind, " it's too late) the possibility of doubling the Italian game maybe pointing out a fact that may not have been considered, that's all.
secondchildren said:
Btw, I give up in this conversation. There's no point in keeping try to make you reason about facts instead of some users' posts here and there in the web. Have fun.
As above

i want the witcher 2 in ITALIAN LANGUAGE.i have pre oder the premium edition of the game and i hope in ITALIAN LANGUAGE text and AUDIO!!CD PROJECT read the petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/petition-sign.cgi?tw2ita

Dezired said:
Um. I don't think 235 signatures are going to convince them.
I think it's because nobody has confidence in these kinds of initiatives (including myself) but we are not so few. hihihi

Mi dispiace per mio l'italiano non é bene. Tuttavia, è mia speranza che una risoluzione che accadr

F5F9 said:
First, I apologize for my EnglishI am writing on behalf of many Italian people very bitter about the expected lack of dubbing the dialogues in Italian in The Witcher 2After the wonderful work done with the first episode, the disappointment is such that some even think to renounce to the game I have canceled my reservation for the collector editionI hope that soon, you will return on this decision, in order to regain the sympathy of many Italian fans of the gameThanks for an answer
Yeah, no. Not at all.Italian dubbing in TW was awful and we all can do pretty fine just with subtitles.Bye.

While i was looking at the preorders info in website, i noticed:Rest of the world - (...) Please note, that there will be no Spanish nor Italian audio available.I would like to express my thoughts to you devs.The first witcher was one of the greatest experience i ever tried in rpg videogames. I don't want to focus on all the good stuff, but there was this story unfolding chapter after chapter, dialog after dialog looking like a movie.I really liked witcher mature contents and characters, it would be really a shame to lose them in my own audio language creating a sort of a "wall" between the player and the game.Maybe some people will consider it stupid but i didn't play extra adventures cause there wasn't (italian) audio talk like in the original game.I understand this market creating collectors edition just to make more money and/or fight piracy, but why don't you offer something more special than useless stuff in it?Making audio in spanish or italian costs you more? I would pay more money and buy a collector edition just for having audio in my language cause it would make this game a greater experience, while i don't need absolutely a sculpture and so on.

Top Bottom