TW2 is a short game?

+
TW2 is a short game?

Sorry i just read some review it mentioned that the game takes around 24hours to complete.. That is EXTREMELY short in my opinion for an RPG.Hope someone could tell me i'm mistaken?

In my recent replay, I did play The Witcher 1 under 30 hours, and not even skipping much content. Only contracts, three trophies, only lesser sidequests (from the top of my mind: fetching wine from that warehouse, the bridge builders at chapter 4) and dice playing.+ some man-whoring around. :p

yayodeanno said:
Don't believe everything you read ;)
I hope is a typing error.. 42 hours sounds more like it..@TohvelliI'm talking about Witcher 2.. Read somewhere in CD action review.

archaven said:
I hope is a typing error.. 42 hours sounds more like it..@TohvelliI'm talking about Witcher 2.. Read somewhere in CD action review.
Yes, but I mean, The Witcher 1 is a 50-60 hour long game, which can be played under 30 hours. Maybe that's the case with Witcher 2 also.

Tohveli said:
Tohveli said:
Yes, but I mean, The Witcher 1 is a 50-60 hour long game, which can be played under 30 hours. Maybe that's the case with Witcher 2 also.
I have no idea but 24 hours for an RPG really worries me... I hope it can't be true.. Or perhaps content of the game been cut for DLC?

fastlane88 said:
he was most likely play on easy so it'll take longer on higher difficulty settings
And in a hurry to get the review ready done in time.

He most likely played on easy, skipped the sidequests and exaggerated. I am a bit worried, though. I will ask if that is true in the ask the dev team topic :)

fastlane88 said:
he was most likely play on easy so it'll take longer on higher difficulty settings
The reviewer mentioned "unhurried" gameplay.. Also, if a game was made to provide obstacles like fedex, travelling and higher difficulty settings like Dragon Age2 to "waste" players time in order to clock for higher playtime, then the game is shallow in my eyes.I was expecting at least HUGE storyline elements that would clock at least 40hours excluding combat.. but 24hours is just plain worrying me.

4-5 months ago Tom Gop said the main storyline is 30-40 hours and sidequests are able to expand the game from 2 to 3 times so do not worry. :D

BoreasMunbg said:
4-5 months ago Tom Gop said the main storyline is 30-40 hours and sidequests are able to expand the game from 2 to 3 times so do not worry. :D
Things might have changed.. It could probably CUT OUT for DLC.. I'm not trying to be negative but it could be true..

archaven said:
archaven said:
Things might have changed.. It could probably CUT OUT for DLC.. I'm not trying to be negative but it could be true..
i hope not be terrible for one it's cut content and two to sell it back to us.

Yeah, cutting out content to resell it sounds exactly like what CDPR would do. Those scheming dogs! I'm so angry I'm going to roll around on broken glass and put some fire ants down my pants!!

freakie1one said:
Yeah, cutting out content to resell it sounds exactly like what CDPR would do. Those scheming dogs! I'm so angry I'm going to roll around on broken glass and put some fire ants down my pants!!
Lol that's not funny if we get a confirmation that game is indeed short and finished in 24hours when you did everything..

archaven said:
archaven said:
Lol that's not funny if we get a confirmation that game is indeed short and finished in 24hours when you did everything..
Well, if you hurried through the first Witcher you could finish in roughly the same time. However, if you were more thorough and explored, did as many side quests as possible, etc. you could easily spend 80 hours on a single playthrough. No point in worrying until more details are released.

24 hours. It sounds ridiculous. CDPR wouldn't do it. After 4 years of developing a game, which fans have so big expectations. CDPR are not dumbasses. They are probably aware that if 30 hours is typical gameplay for the first playthrough this will be the end of "The Great Developer From Poland To Change The PC Gaming". If more reviews confirm on this, their sales will drop. People expect this game to be RPG greatness. And as anyone know, RPG greatness mean long gameplay. They said that the game is a bit shorter than TW1 but not that much! Also, they said there are no fedex quests, which probably influence game time, but anyway...Well, I wholeheartedly hope that in fact, CDPR are not dumb enough to think that 30-hours-long game will satisfy fans who waited 4 years for sequel... Nah, I won't believe that those 24 hours are serious :).

Top Bottom