TW2 is a short game?

+
I'm gonna go ahead and say it will probably be around 40 hours to do everything. Developers tend to exaggerate.

McGregg said:
And BTW do you think that reviewers read items descriptions, books, look closely at them, enjoy landscapes etc ?I really doubt it. So looks like for me it will be at least +60hThe first play-through is always the longest.. so maybe the 10th playthrough will be like 24h for me :pOh and if you skip dialogs and all QTEs, and sex scenes you can reduce the time to 10h :D :sarcasm mode:
Yah, I know people that completed TW1 in under 30 hours...it took like 3x + longer for me because I like reading, exploring and doing all the side quests.

DelightfulMcCoy said:
Okay, I just spoke with Tom on the phone; he told me they actually got ideas from the speculative threads on the forum and implemented a lot of the suggestions last minute. They cut out half of the main story to be able to dazzle the players a week after release with the new content and it will only cost like $25. They can use the additional income for the console versions then. Those will even be split in three pieces each. And of course, to justify the stuff they cut out, they coughed up a big bunch of repetitive fed-ex quests, which they originally didn't want to use anymore, but they got the impression, that people weren't gonna be happy without them.Additionally, 15 of the 16 endings will presuppose the purchase of a little DLC, only a little file, manageable for any slow internet connection. This also means, that for your first playthrough, you will not have the option to make choices, but will run through a predefined path through the game. For this new feature, they managed to implement the Awesome Button(tm), so if you're feeling lazy, you can just mash that one to pieces and be done with the game in 15-17 hours, nice and easy.They did a bunch of other last minute changes, but they asked me not to reveal too much, because people might cancel their orders, if they knew every little detail in advance.Yeah.Oooor......we could just be so optimistic and believe, what the actual senior producer told us about the game. Your choice.
That was a good post. Really had me for a second, and it made the impact all the stronger.All you panicky people, listen to this lady.

@Delightful:Stop attempting to be reasonable and jump on the last-minute everyone-go-crazy-before-release bandwagon!! I even saved you a seat ;) Afterall, you're not going to be able to make wild accusations or speculations in less than a week after the game has been released. Better get in on this while the gettins' good!

You're welcome. :D :D :DAnd don't doubt it, I AM crazily bouncing off the walls right now. But in a I-can't-wait-to-lay-my-hands-on-Geralt(ahem), but in a terribly positive way. *baresteeth*

http://tw2.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=32726.0%20This sounds much more reasonable. But it's easy to freak out right now. I like investing time in games (preparing for battles, finding better gear etc) and if the game is too short then these things won't pay out. So I really, really hope that the game is going to be significantly longer. I will definitely take my time, kill all the monsters (destroy their lairs), enjoy the scenery, speak to everybody, do every quest I can, explore fully alchemy and crafting. I can't see how all of this could possibly take less than 60-80 hours, so nothing to really worry about. As far as I remember there are a lot of faction-depending quests, so in term of content the game is going to be great.

You must also remember that The Witcher 2 has high replay value since it has so many endings and some of the locations you wont even see until you've played the game differently. So in the long run TW2 still gives you more value than most other games these days.

Remember when they said that there are some areas that you might not even visit? Well, the reviewer probably hasn't :D

I'm from Czech Republic, and today, there was published an interview with Tomasz Gop, where they asked him about about lenght of story. He respond that only the main storyline takes 40 hours to complete, so there's nothing to worry about...There's a link to this interview, if you want a proof... It's a third question, you can translate it with googlehttp://www.eurogamer.cz/articles/rozhovor-s-tvurcem-zaklinace-2

DelightfulMcCoy said:
Okay, I just spoke with Tom on the phone; he told me they actually got ideas from the speculative threads on the forum and implemented a lot of the suggestions last minute. They cut out half of the main story to be able to dazzle the players a week after release with the new content and it will only cost like $25. They can use the additional income for the console versions then. Those will even be split in three pieces each. And of course, to justify the stuff they cut out, they coughed up a big bunch of repetitive fed-ex quests, which they originally didn't want to use anymore, but they got the impression, that people weren't gonna be happy without them.Additionally, 15 of the 16 endings will presuppose the purchase of a little DLC, only a little file, manageable for any slow internet connection. This also means, that for your first playthrough, you will not have the option to make choices, but will run through a predefined path through the game. For this new feature, they managed to implement the Awesome Button(tm), so if you're feeling lazy, you can just mash that one to pieces and be done with the game in 15-17 hours, nice and easy.They did a bunch of other last minute changes, but they asked me not to reveal too much, because people might cancel their orders, if they knew every little detail in advance.Yeah.Oooor......we could just be so optimistic and believe, what the actual senior producer told us about the game. Your choice.
I'm laughing my ass off here man, thank you.

"It is not the destination that matters. It is the journey."The game will be long enough for all. Plus, what is the worry for? There are 16 alternate endings, and various other choices that will completely make each playthrough unique and fresh. This game will have endless hours of replay value!

The way I see it - you can either have artificially prolonged RPGs like both Dragon Ages and both Mass Effects games where you enter the quest location, talk a bit and there's fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, endless waves of monsters, or a quality content without cheating player into thinking that game is long, while in thruth 80% of gameplay is a repetitive combat. If TW2 takes 30h to beat in one of mutliple possible storylines, I choose it above everything else.

Top Bottom