[TW2] Kinship of the Wolves

+
[TW2] Kinship of the Wolves

CDPRed/REDkit blog: http://cdpred.com/ (click "REDKIT" at the top of the site)
Nexusmods: http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher2/mods/732/?

Not everyone knows that during his journey from Vergen to Loc Muinne witcher Geralt visited the village of Trumka, where by a mere coincidence he met his brother-in-arms, Lambert. Two monster hunters were not given a chance to enjoy vodka, nourishment and stories from the trail in peace, however. Because harrased by the attacks of a mysterious beast settlement was hiding a secret that before long put to the test their kinship.

(Since official Redkit forum is not very popular, let me do this once again, here;))
I'm very pleased to announce that after over a year of hard work we've released our story mod for Witcher 2 titled "Kinship of the Wolves". The storyline is about 3 hours long an takes place on a fine, hand-crafted level. Above I included some screenshots from the map for you to enjoy, good people.

Feel free to ask any questions you like, leave us some comment or simply download and try out our modification!

Team: @Enzinho , @Aciek , @Horn

Update 1.01: Bug with missing Eric was fixed. After downloading mod's new version, adventure can be continued from the last autosave. [14.02.15]

Last edited:
Loading right now. Maybe I'll be playing this mod this evening.
Either way thanks alot for your effort!

---------- Updated at 11:23 PM ----------

I'm stuck searching the residence of Gemini for the goods:

I know there's a woman at the top of the huge house but she won't let me in :( The she-knight has nothing to say to this and I've found the "hidden" cellar which is secured with grids and doesn't offer an option to "open" the grid-door or anything different. Any hint would be appreciated :)

I really enjoy the mod. Nice level design and beautiful landscape.

Finished the mod right now, and I have to say, it was really damn good, in all my playthrough I had ZERO loading screens when entering buildings or going to a different section of the map, the story, quest design, level design, environment, etc were excellent, damn good job.

And it has Lambert.

10/10 definitely worth a playthrough if you are interested, and please do.

I know there's a woman at the top of the huge house but she won't let me in The she-knight has nothing to say to this and I've found the "hidden" cellar which is secured with grids and doesn't offer an option to "open" the grid-door or anything different. Any hint would be appreciated

Play poker :p

Last edited:
I'm downloading it now and will give it a try with the Linux version. Is it supposed to work? I hope instructions for installation are included in the mod and hope you followed the known guideline for avoiding mixed case filenames for resources.

---------- Updated at 05:51 AM ----------

Hm. I followed the instructions (adjusting paths to Linux installation). But how do I get to the "User Content" section in the launcher? My launcher has nothing of that sort. Is there a way to launch the game directly with parameters pointing it to the mod somehow? May be launcher on Linux doesn't support that?

Just to clarify - I never used RedKit mods before and have no clue whether RedKit itself is required or not and how to install it on Linux.

Last edited:
She won't let me in and I've got no option to open the door or to talk to her again (I don't see her because the door is closed^^)
You should have told her that you're a witcher. That's what I did and she let me in.

I've did it the third time I knocked (^^) but nothing happened. I'll try to load a savegame from long ago .. maybe something will happen. Thanks for your help!

I'm downloading it now and will give it a try with the Linux version. Is it supposed to work? I hope instructions for installation are included in the mod and hope you followed the known guideline for avoiding mixed case filenames for resources.
I think there shouldn't be any problems related to case sensitivity as I always use lowercase letters in files' names. But I'll check it out, just to be sure
Hm. I followed the instructions (adjusting paths to Linux installation). But how do I get to the "User Content" section in the launcher? My launcher has nothing of that sort. Is there a way to launch the game directly with parameters pointing it to the mod somehow? May be launcher on Linux doesn't support that?
Sorry, but I have no idea how to help you. There are some threads about this matter in links you provided here (http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...ivity-issues-with-RedKit-mods?highlight=linux), however.
She won't let me in and I've got no option to open the door or to talk to her again (I don't see her because the door is closed^^)
I checked mod's scripting and everything's fine here, so maybe it's some bug. Try loading your last autosave (from before that through-the-door conversation).

Sorry, but I have no idea how to help you. There are some threads about this matter in links you provided here (http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...ivity-issues-with-RedKit-mods?highlight=linux), however.

I simply reported issues by others who had problems with mixed case resources and names mismatch in mods. I never really looked at RedKit. Do you know if in order to use RedKit mods the base game requires some changes? I.e. does installing RedKit on Windows somehow change game binaries? If it's the case, then your mod won't work on Linux, because there is no Linux RedKit release. However if RedKit is only used for making mods, and base game can understand them - then there is a chance it can work.

Thanks a lot for the mod, again. I enjoyed playing it!
Beautiful landscape, nice organized town and good story. Imo it was too easy to "get" the wife of Gemini and a bit too predictable where this was going.
I've had a ton of texture loading problems (much more than in the original game) and performance problems in generel but otherwise than that I really had fun with the mod. Thanks!

3dub

Forum regular
Really injoyed this mod, would highly recommend it. Thank you guys so much for sharing it

Top Bottom