[TW2][mod] Return of the White Wolf

+
[TW2][mod] Return of the White Wolf

The must-have mod for every fan since the first Witcher game and the books:

Return of the White Wolf

Give Geralt back his milky white hair with this mod on the Witcher-Nexus.

Thanks again for making this, Bones. The first mod uploaded, and the most important mod to download. : )

I actually never noticed (or was bothered by)the change of hair color from TW1 to TW2 but good mod nonetheless :D

Sandis

Forum veteran
I really never thing that Gerald hair in TW2 is so grey not white, because in medieval times wen you have that kind of hair, it won't be that white but(light grey).

Support pagan-metal.

Oh, YOU'RE the one who made the white hair mod! I didn't recognize you under your GOG name. Well, thanks yet again for a great mod; Geralt just didn't feel like Geralt to me with that grey stuff on his head.

This mod proof that the pure white hair of geralt looks nice, so, why CDPR didnot turn white the hair of geralt by default in the next patch?

Corylea said:
Oh, YOU'RE the one who made the white hair mod!
Yeah, I tried to hint you in the general direction, I guess I was too subtle. ;)

Thank you and everyone else for using my mod, which I've plotted to do even before release.
I dreamed of it being the first mod here for TW2, but then the forums were gone, so I made it first mod on the Nexus. So there.

DelightfulMcCoy said:
Yeah, I tried to hint you in the general direction, I guess I was too subtle. ;)
I've encouraged several people to learn to mod, so I wasn't sure which seed had borne fruit. How delightful that it was you!

(Pun actually NOT intended.)

When I complained about Geralt's grey hair after the preview videos were released, someone told me that if they made his hair any lighter, it would seem to shine with its own light in well-lit areas, and that would be weird.

Well, after using this mod, I've seen that that person was right on one count: Geralt's hair really does seem as if it's giving off light in well-lit areas. But to me, that still seems less weird than having the White Wolf have grey hair.

Corylea said:
When I complained about Geralt's grey hair after the preview videos were released, someone told me that if they made his hair any lighter, it would seem to shine with its own light in well-lit areas, and that would be weird.
Yes, that's true and that is why I didn't make it completely white (I think there's another mod that does this, though), but rather retained the shades of the texture to a degree. I also learned through this mod, that the chapters differ in lighting. While Geralt shines quite a bit in Flotsam, he's rather dulled down in Loc Muinne and I brightend the texture some more (which is the final mod).

My own preference is to rather have Geralt shine a little than look so old (my private face texture is a bit more smooth as well *g*). Plus, besides Geralt, there's a lot of other stuff that is a bit too shiny. At least with bloom turned on. But that's a matter of taste, I alternate to have a little more diversity.

Delighted to be of service *curtsy*.

I'll say, the light shining on skin/hair bounces off and creates a really odd-looking aura. Image Link

It's something I'll attribute to wonkiness in the game engine, though, and it would never make me consider restoring his default grey hair.

Edit: I can't click my link. : (

AnarkiHunter said:
..the hair is just TOOO white, whiter than the whitest white out there. Immersion breaking a bit, because Geralt's now looks like a fairy god mother wielding two swords and infront of naked women in the game!!!.

The effect is EYE popping in 3D..

-Edit-

Of-course, its a joke!. Because I voted for the author/mod!
You're exaggerating a bit.

I noticed that at night in Flotsam it shines annoyingly but honestly, I'm more annoyed about the default hair which is way too gray. But then again, you're playing in 3D so it might be more noticeable.

Just wait till you leave Flotsam, for some reason it's less shiny after that and almost dull in Loc Muinne.

But you can always stay with the grey hair instead.
Or turn off bloom and bow low before me.

That bloom makes a lot of things shine too much - I suspect that is the reason why RED chose the grey hair, because they loved their bloom effects too much to compromise here. No, I'm not really against bloom, I can tolerate the shine or turn it off when it bugs me. No problemo.

Thanks for the vote, makes me a very happy camper!

That was a posting with a lot of hands, sorry for overendulging and bye-bye...

Top Bottom