[TW2] Pirouette dodge animation

+
[TW2] Pirouette dodge animation

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher2/mods/697/?

Are you tired of rolling all over the place during the combat? You'd like to make it more in witcher style?
I present you a modification I've made. You really should thank Flash - he showed me how to do it, and he made the animation.

Rolling dodge will be replaced by beautiful witcher pirouette.
It's got one flaw, the talent "Feet work" (enchanced dodge distance) will not work.

Once again, I'm greatful for help of Flash, author of the FCR2, he is the one who's truly done all the work.
Thanks Eskadro for recording a teaser!

Very cool :thumbsup:

If only the enchanced doge feat work, haha, it would be huilarious, like Micheal Jordan flying around killing nekkers :cool:

Great mod, I just tested it. There is a noticeable bug though - certain sounds don't work at all when it's installed. For example blade slashing (when you make any slash - the game is silent). Also when you do a roll there is a noise, and with this mod it's just silent during the jump.

I notice another potential problem. The mod inside references files mixing up cases, which I think will cause problems for those who will use this mod on Linux or OS X (I use it in Wine, so I'm not affected by this, but native versions might be):

Example:
Code:
Z:\W2_Assets\characters\templates\witcher\animation\[color=red]witcher_riposte[/color]\Root\steel_riposte_f_l_2.hkx
Z:\W2_Assets\characters\templates\witcher\animation\[color=red]Witcher_riposte[/color]\Root\swd_special1.hkx

Note that one is saying witcher_riposte while other is saying Witcher_riposte. One of them must be wrong, but on Windows this is masked since it treats names as case insensitive. On Linux / OS X this will break the mod.

That's just one example which catches the eye, there can be more. Command I used to collect that (from the animations directory):

Code:
strings * | grep characters | sort -u

Anyway, it's just my guess, since I'm not sure how those resources are unpacked in practice (those paths appear to be in some compressed files). If anyone has a native Linux / OS X version, feel free to test and report the result.

Last edited:
Great mod, I just tested it. There is a noticeable bug though - certain sounds don't work at all when it's installed. For example blade slashing (when you make any slash - the game is silent). Also when you do a roll there is a noise, and with this mod it's just silent during the jump.
God, thank you, I didn't notice. I'll fix it ASAP.

Anyway, it's just my guess, since I'm not sure how those resources are unpacked in practice (those paths appear to be in some compressed files). If anyone has a native Linux / OS X version, feel free to test and report the result.
But here I can't help you. I don't know anything about systems different than Windows. The paths you wrote are in packed files, there is no way I can get into them. Sorry.

Yeah, paths mean packed files from the game, but the references (which I highlighted in red) are in the files of your mod, so I guess you somehow referenced those resources using different cases in directories.

Last edited:
Those files are just modded vanilla and FCR2 source files, I didn't touch them in any other way.
But I've got the sound problem fixed, just delete "animation" folder in CookedPC\characters\templates\witcher\. That's gonna fix the path issue too, I suppose.
@Gilrond, is it working?

Last edited:
Yes, the sound works now, thanks! As for paths - I can't test it. I'm not using Steam, and GOG didn't release the Linux version yet, so I run the Windows version in Wine on Linux, and Wine provides an emulation for case insensitivity.

@Rustine: Another suggestion - don't use rar in general. It's a proprietary format and not even the best available for compression. Try 7z instead. If you need to preserve file attributes (like executable flags for POSIX), then tar + xz work well:

http://www.7-zip.org

Thanks for the update, works well in Wine too. Another small idea - try to avoid using spaces in the file names. It's really making them harder to use and should be strongly discouraged.

Every file and folder name is separated by "_" instead of space. If you are thinking about the main archive, I can't change its name, only the Nexus does.

Top Bottom