TW2/TW3/Redkit][tool] 3D models converter

+
I'm trying to extract a simple cat model, I extracted the bundles, downloaded all the "cat" textures from MEGA, removed the "unpack-" prefix, I put the "textures_unpack" folder where I extracted the bundles yet all I get in The Soft is a blank cat model. No textures. I exported the model as .obj and it's working in Blender but it's still blank since there are no textures. Please help!

Do you guys have any extracted character models. I don't care if they have no skeletons. Could you send me a link? I'd really like to see how they look like in Blender...
Thanks!

Having the same problem stated above. Trying to export W3 models to rig for Garry's Mod-- Literally just need the .obj and the texture. I try to open any .w2mesh in the soft and it crashes. .w2ent opens but it's a black screen. Now it seems that the program isn't even making a debug.log file so I can't even try to figure this out myself.

Having the same problem stated above. Trying to export W3 models to rig for Garry's Mod-- Literally just need the .obj and the texture. I try to open any .w2mesh in the soft and it crashes. .w2ent opens but it's a black screen. Now it seems that the program isn't even making a debug.log file so I can't even try to figure this out myself.

I have the exact same problem. I've been at it for days. Tried it on my laptop as well, same thing. Immediate crash after trying to read any w2mesh file. I managed to load one - triss's hairstyle from the patch.bundle. I'm eagerly waiting for an update or any instructions on how to fix this.

I have the exact same problem. I've been at it for days. Tried it on my laptop as well, same thing. Immediate crash after trying to read any w2mesh file. I managed to load one - triss's hairstyle from the patch.bundle. I'm eagerly waiting for an update or any instructions on how to fix this.

Same... Not even sure if the sourceforge is up. >_>

I have noticed the crash of the tool with some files (thanks for the reports), I will fix this.

If you have the problem with ALL the files, check that in the path of the files, you haven't a special characters.
I have never say this before, but recently someone has reported a similar problem caused by a stressed character ("é") in the folder of the exctracted files.
Just use basics characters in you path.

Also, if you want help me to debug the soft, when you have a crash with a file, please send me at least one of the file that cause a crash, or at least the filename.

And yes, sourceforge is always down yet, nothing to do about that, just be patient.

I have noticed the crash of the tool with some files (thanks for the reports), I will fix this.

If you have the problem with ALL the files, check that in the path of the files, you haven't a special characters.
I have never say this before, but recently someone has reported a similar problem caused by a stressed character ("é") in the folder of the exctracted files.

Also, if you want help me to debug the soft, when you have a crash with a file, please send me at least one of the file that cause a crash, or at least the filename.

And yes, sourceforge is always down yet, nothing to do about that, just be patient.

No special characters in the path, just checked. I also just tried to copy the file to the desktop and open it from there, still crashed.

Hi guys, sorry in case this question doesn't fit the topic but - is there any way for this moment to unpack TW3 textures and pack them back to the game?
In other words, is there any way to edit TW3 textures? Thank you.

Thank you very much. This sorts out most of my issues. Do you think you will be able to do any work on exporting the rigging/skinning in the coming months?

@fuse00 : I don't know

@ganonmaster
Good new. Yes for the rigging/skinning.
I have began to work on the rigging, but currently the priority is to fix the problems of crash/textures/deformed meshes

@JLouisB well looks like sourceforge isn't going back any time soon so can you please upload the latest version of your program on any server I 've been waiting for Sourceforge for like 2 weeks now

The sourceforge page is back since 3/4 days.
Maybe you should delete the cache of your web browser or something like this ?

Last edited:
Thank you for the soft!!.
Tip: If you can´t find texture with name of mesh. Then open mesh in HEX editor a search for *.w2mi (materials). Then open w2mi file in HEX and search for names of textures.

@jonmar679
Thanks!
Good tip, I have also noticed that some materials seem to be stored in separate w2mi files (not yet supported by the tool).

New update :
- The Witcher 3 improvements : Fix some problems of deformed models (thanks @Oaristys for the report) and improve materials support
- The option Menu/Options/Debug/ExtFileList now work with The Witcher 3 files, now in a beautiful window instead of the Windows command prompt, and moved to "Menu/Show linked files". This tool is useful the missing textures of a model.
- Fix crash and problems for paths and filenames with non-ANSI characters (just the formats loaded by the Assimp library have still problems with this, so if you use the tool to export to the Redkit, don't use special characters in your paths)
- The "Generate debug.log" option now works with The Witcher 3 files. In case of problem, please enable the option and send me the debug.log file.
- The Redkit mesh loader is back (disabled in error in the last release)
- The "Clean textures path" tool deletes the "unpack-" prefix if it finds this prefix at the begin of the filenames.
- Fix some bugs in the soft, shortcuts (Ctrl+F, Ctrl+Q).

---------- Updated at 01:21 AM ----------

I have just uploaded a new version because my fix for non-ANSI characters cause problems in the exported files. (so the fix is canceled yet, just use basic characters)

Last edited:
Top Bottom