TW2/TW3/Redkit][tool] 3D models converter

+
No Title

JLouisB;n10904071 said:
Nemomallo
Hi,
I don't understand your issue.
Please give some repro step and test files.

About the collision mesh, it's normal that it doesn't work for a mesh like an archway : it only support conves mesh, an archway is concave.
Concave collision mesh export also doesn't seem possible with the official plugin (I've never been able to do it), so I can't do anything on that

Adam_Williams69
Hi,
Thx I will check your files.
About the export of the rig : OBJ format doesn't support that, and the current Collada exporter neither.
Currently you can only do that with the B3D format, check the documentation
https://github.com/JLouis-B/RedTools...er-2-3D-models

I have to check a newer version of the Assimp library, maybe some progress have been made about that to support more formats for the rigged models in the next version.

Thanks, I can view the skeleton in fragMotion but I cannot get it to scale correctly without 2 models.
Tried multiple times just importing the skeleton by itself but have not been able to.
Sometimes it looks like the mesh is attached to the rig but due to the mesh size it appears to be stretched.

Update
Imported the leshen twice then the rig loaded with the correct scale but it looks like the model has collapsed in on itself in fragMotion, happens with both b3d and obj but blender loads the obj fine.

Update again
Open Asset Import Library can read it without issue, just trying to export it as something blender will view while keeping the skeleton.

Triple update
No program seems to be able to export the b3d as a format with bones without breaking, managed to export to dae using Open Asset Import but the bone hierarchy is gone.

Attachments

• photo209861.png
    photo209861.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 1,237
  • photo209881.png
    photo209881.png
    110.9 KB · Views: 383
Last edited:
hello! im trying to rip models from the witcher 1 using this tool, everything is fine except for one thing... the model doesnt have correctly uv mapped eyes or teeth and then i have to fix it manually.
Is this a problem with the program or the game files itself?
it would be nice to know because im already rather annoyed from trying to rip witcher 3 stuff and failing miserably :confused:

A new update is online :)
  • Fix a major issue in the Redkit exporter (regression of the 2.9 update - thx @Nemomallo for the report)
  • Add more exporters, save last exporter used
  • Fix some black materials with TW3 meshes (regression of the 2.9 update)
  • Fix some crash with TW3 meshes
  • Fix some log messages
I don't check the forum very often, so if you still have some issues, post them again here and I will check that if I have the time

Hey, it is really nice that you still spend so much effort improving this program. The fixed and new version works, but I encountered a problem. Meshes wich are made out of more than one part cause problems, because the part are moved up or down and are not in the right spot.
stone_buttress.jpg

I checked if the origins of the parts have not been correct, but they are all in 0,0,0 so I can't explain myself why this happened. I tried to create a mesh and moved the parts of the meshes and gave it 3 different materials in blender and it did also cause problems. The model converter shows the loaded mesh correctly, but after importing into the REDKit I get those problematic meshes. I sent you the (in Blender) created file wich also caused problems.
Greetings Nemo

Last edited:
Ok @Nemomallo
Can you also provide these test files (if it's not the same that the files that you're torus_export.7z ?)
Yes I have seen that there is potentially some issue with the origin, but I hadn't some good test cases

Hello,
has anyone successfully converted a Witcher 2 armor mesh? I know it's a mesh from Redkit files and those aren't supported, but I'd like to edit some armors and wonder if anyone actually has done so.
Thanks

Sorry for the late reply but what do you mean? It was possible to convert Witcher 2 armours and import them into Witcher 3 so it should be possible to convert them into some usable file format. Maybe it is not possible to do this with the RedKit files but it could be possible with the normal game files. If you mean editing w2armours and reimporting them it probably becomes tricky because the bones of the skeleton must be the same. I have no idea how to do this never even tried. So this is my answer to your question.

Greetings Nemo

@JLouisB
Great tool, had some fun with tw2 files without any hicups. But now, messing around with TW3 stuff i'm wondering:

Is there a way to access the buildings (houses, castles...) files? I know that the w2ent workd kinda like prefabs on unity/unreal ( correct me if im wrong) but even though i can find some w2mesh that contains parts of buildings, many of them can't be found. At least is what i expect, because between the ones that fail to open and the ones that are parts of buildings, there's isnt near the number of meshes that I imagined to have. Maybe i've done somthing wrong with the uncooking process, but i can open many other models.

Resuming, do you have an idea on how to extract the w2ent of a rich house in Novigrad as an example? Thanks a lot!

Oh almost fogot, and really nice source code, i don't have a deep knowlegde in C++ but some of the stuff you've done are really nice plus the commentary on the code. Thanks for that too. Appreciate the dedication to the tool.

Hey @lucasnribeiro ,
are you asking if it is possible to extract the buildings using the .w2ent files? I never tried those files only .w2mesh files. It is possible to access all mesh files which the houses are made of. Often they are separated in different parts. What building did you not find? You can screen shoot and I will tell you what kind of building it is. You can than put those files into a 3D programm and edit them. The only problem is that there is no collision mesh for those buildings ( at least I never found one). So you have to make one by scratch. If you want to bring them into the REDKit it is also possible. I did it, look at this ( not updated since quite some time). If you are more interested in the method just ask. Greetings Nemo

Edit:
Who ever reads this thread be aware complex coll mesh importing is as far as I know only possible with older versions than 2.9. If you're new to modding for importing static meshes into the REDKit you can ask me for 2.7 version if you don't find and older version than 2.10. @JLouis I don't remember what the differences have been between those version. 2.7 works fine. Do you still have older versions maybe provide also the old versions (2.7 would be fine for coll mesh importing. Thank you! Problem is solved with version 2.12!

Edit 2: @JLouisB
I recently tried to open the Wyzima outskirts Gl_09 form the witcher 1. The textures got not aligned to the model. I had them also exported. So how do I unpack and export witcher 1 models and have all the texture aligned. Readjusting those textures ( especially for the world meshes) is rather complicated. So any solution?

Last edited:
Hi,

It's been a while, but finally I'm happy tu upload a new version :)

There is the changelog :
  • The Witcher 1 importer : Fix normals, fix skinning, animations support, fix some transparent textures in the renderer
  • RedEngine importer/exporter : Fix some bugs with meshes positions (thanks to @Nemomallo and @Goospo for the reports and test cases)
  • New tools for the Cyanide games, in particular The council : CPK unpacker, CEF/Prefab loader, template loader
  • Resize tool : Fix issues with object with 0 size on some axis (thanks @Nemomallo for the report)
  • UI : Various improvements and fixes, fix old Windows GUI theme used, add an option to show the normals in the display menu
  • Settings : Save search and windows settings
  • Update dependencies
  • Add russian translation (thanks to Max Ivanov for the translation)

Some screenshots and gif :
Post automatically merged:

Hello @Nemomallo
I don't see any uv mapping issue with GL_09.
Try with the new version (if you still have this issue !) and show me what's is wrong if there is any issue
The issues with the Redkit export should be fixed in the 2.11 version

Last edited:
@JLouisB I've tried exporting Witcher 2 Geralt's torso, legs and hand meshes but the tool doesn't seem to uncook them; it only seems to be able to uncook the head mesh and the hairstyles.

I'm trying to get my hands on the following assets from W2 (they belong to Geralt):
1) geralt__gauntlet0_g0.w2mesh
2) geralt__legs0_b0.w2mesh
3) geralt__legs1_l0.w2mesh
4) geralt__trunk0_b0.w2mesh

Would you happen to know if there's any way around this issue? I'd be grateful if anybody could help share these meshes if available.

Hi @TudorAdrian
Where do you find these meshes ? I can't find them.

Also I wish to warn of a bug that was reported to me in the version 2.11 of the tool : the software crashes while loading a certain number of meshes (especially the largest ones)
If you have the problem I advise you to go back to a previous version of the software (2.10), and I will release a new version in the coming weeks to fix this.

Does anyon by chance have an archive link to witcher 2 voicelines?

there seem to be many for witcher 3,but no such luck on witcher2.

@JLouisB
is it even possible to exctract them? i have checked your tool...and it seems like voicefiles are the only thing they cant do or i am stupid.

@zzjay88
If I remember correctly, than you have access to all the english voice files ( in normal format like mp3 or wmv), if you have the REDKit installed. They should be found somewhere in the data folder. I don't know how to get other voicefiles than the English. I am not sure.
Hope I could help
Nemo

@zzjay88
If I remember correctly, than you have access to all the english voice files ( in normal format like mp3 or wmv), if you have the REDKit installed. They should be found somewhere in the data folder. I don't know how to get other voicefiles than the English. I am not sure.
Hope I could help
Nemo
mp2...but believe it wont be hard to convert them.
only problem sorting is a mess lol. 125k files to go through
Post automatically merged:

Hi @TudorAdrian
Where do you find these meshes ? I can't find them.

Also I wish to warn of a bug that was reported to me in the version 2.11 of the tool : the software crashes while loading a certain number of meshes (especially the largest ones)
If you have the problem I advise you to go back to a previous version of the software (2.10), and I will release a new version in the coming weeks to fix this.
Also i get this message importign those parts:
Reading file '.../roche_man/model/roche_body1_b2.w2mesh'

Error : No mesh loader found for this file. Are you sure that this file has an extension loadable by the software ? Check the website for more information.

Models extracted by redkit.

Last edited:
Hi @zzjay88
mp2...but believe it wont be hard to convert them.
only problem sorting is a mess lol. 125k files to go through

Yes, the amount of data might be a problem, maybe you can find some information about the voice files you are searching for in the string files? Not sure if they are connected (at least with a number) to the sound files.
Or you remember a voiceline or quest you want and than you have to search for the coresponding quest file and look into the dialog files of the quest. This is also time intensive but maybe better than clicking 125k files :D.
Greetings
Nemo

Hi @zzjay88
Or you remember a voiceline or quest you want and than you have to search for the coresponding quest file and look into the dialog files of the quest. This is also time intensive but maybe better than clicking 125k files :D.
Greetings
Nemo

Well they do follow a conversation order...but the place said conversation is at is random.
I just needed specific characters voices,like greetings and such...so i really had to open em all XD

Lucky me i got most of them...at least enough for wht i had in mind.

Top Bottom