TW2/TW3/Redkit][tool] 3D models converter

+
Hello, JLouisB !
Does your program support extracting models from a game with the correct UVW Map?

I am talking about The Witcher 2007.
With your tool, I can extract models and textures, but they are without UVW MAP.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Hello, JLouisB !
Does your program support extracting models from a game with the correct UVW Map?

I am talking about The Witcher 2007.
With your tool, I can extract models and textures, but they are without UVW MAP.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Hello,
UV mapping for The Witcher 1 is supported.
If you have an issue please give me a test file and a clear description of the problem.

Hello,
UV mapping for The Witcher 1 is supported.
If you have an issue please give me a test file and a clear description of the problem.

Thanks for reply!

So, if I export models with an_ prefix, all will be okay. For example, an_cat.

cat in 3dsmax.png

But if I export models with ob_ prefix, then will be problems.

stool in 3dsmax.png

I attached files for test.

Attachments

• witcher 1.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 71
Hi @TudorAdrian
Where do you find these meshes ? I can't find them.

Also I wish to warn of a bug that was reported to me in the version 2.11 of the tool : the software crashes while loading a certain number of meshes (especially the largest ones)
If you have the problem I advise you to go back to a previous version of the software (2.10), and I will release a new version in the coming weeks to fix this.
Hey,
Found their names with the help of REDkit which unfortunately doesn't allow me to export the assets.
Thank you.

i'am having a problem opening "Witcher 2" w2mesh and w2entry files.

I unpacked the 0pack.dzip, size ~10GB, but the path /characters is mostly empty of w2mesh files. Its just bits and pieces. Is this normal? Am i looking in the wrong place?

When i try to open the .w2mesh and .w2entry files from the redkit "witcher 2/data/characters" they don't work, show 0 poly 1 point.

Is this a problem with my 0pack.dzip that when i unpack it there are barely any w2mesh files in the characters category? Because "item/weapons" they are so far all there and they work when i open them with the Models converter.

I saw references to this problem here and here on page 13.

Solution:
I should have been looking in "pack0/templates/characters" for the w2entry files.
There it was the whole time.

Last edited:
Anybody knows where the template files for the Nilfgaardian Squires are?
They are not in the template folder. The w2meshes can't be opened and the w2entry files i can't find.

Anybody knows where the template files for the Nilfgaardian Squires are?
They are not in the template folder. The w2meshes can't be opened and the w2entry files i can't find.
Hi!
I don't know what 'Nilfgaardian Squires' exactly means. Maybe? Or something else?
Nilf.jpg

I opened every .pack in the Witcher 2 CookedPC Folder and its not there. This is insane how can it be in the Redkit and the Game but disappear from the game files. Hello @CDProjectRed what is going on here? How does that work?

I opened every .pack in the Witcher 2 CookedPC Folder and its not there. This is insane how can it be in the Redkit and the Game but disappear from the game files. Hello @CDProjectRed what is going on here? How does that work?

If you can find it in RedKit, could you attach a picture from it?

The files in the template browser
RedkitTemplate.jpg

the file in the character models browser
RedkitCharacterModels2.jpg

unpack 0pack and its not there, nor in any other.

@Hongan_Os
Hi!

Redkit uses the 'data' folder in the game directory. Unfortunately w2ent and w2mesh files in these directory have different format and the converter can't handle those!
Otherwise I don't know why the squire files aren't among the uncooked files. These way you can get the texture files only. In redkit there is an option in the asset browser to export textures to a common format.

Guy i already know this. The Data folder exists just because the Redkit is installed but thats not my question.
Why are these files not in the .pack archives when they are used in-game. Did they just use them to create a video format afterwards after everything was already packed and never included them. That is my question.
Why would you ask me for screenshots for something i already described twice.

Last edited:
I just didn't know what was the character you search for, and would like to know where to find them. I would like to look around maybe I could find something out. Anyway you didn't got an answer for two weeks, as you see there is little interest about RedKit even from developers. Good intentions led my hand, sorry for waste your time!

@Hongan_Os
Hey sorry for the late reply. Is your problem solved? I read the question you did search for a tamplate in the unpacked game files. You found it later. Still searching for something?

@LexTheDEADSHOT Somebody could explain me the workflow to export the witcher 1 location meshes with textures and working uv map into Blender ? Edit: I can confrim that an_.mdb, cm_.mdb files work fine with uv map as you wrote. files with prefixes ob, door,g and gl files don't work.

@hiuuz Did you ever try to export the exterior area mesh of the witcher and succeed? There was some talk about setting the right base directory and texture folder for this. Did it work with that fixed and how to set it up?

@JLouisB Thanks! I finally tested the new version 2.12. the collision creating trick does function with it and it is possible to import more than 2 lods and no more displacement of the mesh with different materials. Nice work! If I run into problems I'l report. First version I can use properly after version 2.7. But as I wrote three lines above ob, door,g and gl .mdb are not convertable with keeping uv maps.

Sorry for all the questions but since I try to be back into moding I would like to mess with the Witcher 1 files.

Last edited:
@LexTheDEADSHOT Somebody could explain me the workflow to export the witcher 1 location meshes with textures and working uv map into Blender ? Edit: I can confrim that an_.mdb, cm_.mdb files work fine with uv map as you wrote. files with prefixes ob, door,g and gl files don't work.

The last time I worked with this was in March. Then I couldn't export locations with textures. I'll get back to this sometime.

Top Bottom