[TW2][WIP] For Temeria! [Updated 18/1/2014]

+
Yeah, I'm not really trying to adhere to canon with this mod. I'm really just trying to add some new customization options.

Still, I know what you mean. The armor design looks great though, imo -- you know, aside from the Nilfgaard part and all...

Waiting update mod. wanted to create a similar mod but there is no free time( also interesting to see what methods implemented mod:hmm:

I'm glad you're looking forward to the next update!

Once I'm finished with the C code, it will mostly be a matter of exporting and organizing the assets. I can't see it taking me more than two or three more days to complete.

If you're interested in the methods I'm using, I'll make sure I include the source files as an optional download. That will probably make it a bit easier.

Isnt this discussion supposed to be in WItcher 2 mod section?

Well, there was only one mod discussion subforum when I started this thread and it looks like CDPR just put everything in this one after the forum update. If a moderator wants to move it somewhere else, I have no objection.

I'm sorry for the delay in releasing the update, everyone. The scripting ended up being more involved than I initially thought. I hope you will be happy with the end result, though.

As of right now, armor dyes are fully functional and will be available in the upcoming release, which will be an alpha version of this mod, as I don't have the time to do both modding and extensive testing at the same time. So, as with any alpha release, content is still being added and finalized and some features may not be fully available. There will be bugs -- some of which I'm aware of and some of which I don't know about.

So, as it looks right now, I'll have the alpha up in a few days. The scripting is mostly finalized and all that remains to be done is setting up crafting recipes and balancing stats. There may be a few extra surprises, other than what I've already mentioned.

Also, I don't think the name, "For Temeria!" really fits this mod anymore, as it's grown in both size and scope. Anyone have suggestions for a possible name? I was thinking something like, "The Witcher 2: Armor and Appearances," but that's a bit bland.

Anyway, try to have a couple new screens up shortly so you can see some of the new content!

*EDIT*
I forgot to mention one very important thing: this is not a "new adventure" mod. The content I've created should work with both the default story and any mods you have installed. I've done my best to avoid conflicts, and insofar as I know, I'm not overwriting any original resources, so this mod should be fully compatible with anything else you're running.

Last edited:
Here are a few screens of a new plate armor set. I smoothed out the maps so this one doesn't look like it's seen eighteen battles already ;) Also, there are no insignia, so you could consider this a "neutral" armor. You will be able to dye this different colors, as well (black cloth dye is shown here).

whether there are any news on mod? I hope the weekend will be something :) :look:

Last edited:
whether there are any news on mod? I hope the weekend will be something :) :look:

Oh yes, there will be an update coming! I haven't been able to get as much content together as I'd hoped (the scripting became much more complex than I'd anticipated), but it will still contain quite a bit of new stuff.

The only thing left to do is balancing armor stats and crafting recipes, which I'm doing right now. Everything else is done. After balancing, I'll do a bit of testing to make sure I've caught all the bugs and then it should be ready for uploading. Then I can start developing the full release... :teeth:

All right. So here's what I'm going to do:

Since I've made everyone wait much longer than my original estimate, I'm going to release the alpha "as is" for now. What that means is everything I've scripted is working as it should be, but none of the balancing has been done, so things are pretty overpowered. If you don't care about game balance, cool. You can download it and have fun. If you do care about thoughtfully balanced gameplay, fear not, because I will release a follow-up that will fix these issues shortly afterward.

Testing can be a long process, depending on what one changes in the game, so I'd rather not rush it with stats and balancing.

So, I hope I will have the initial alpha up later today (Saturday). It's about 02:30 where I live and I plan to work until it's ready. Not that you really needed to know that...:sad:

Alpha version is up. See the OP for details and download links.

I'll work on getting some screenshots up shortly. Again, this mod is INCREDIBLY UNBALANCED in its present state. If you want to change the stats yourself and know how, I've made the source available until I can work out the balancing myself.

Hope you enjoy!

OK... so if anyone downloaded the initial version, I'm sorry. There was a bug with the crafting book not spawning the recipes into your inventory. This is fixed and I'm uploading a new set of files. Thanks for your patience.

*EDIT*
New files are up and the bug should be fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited:
are you able to add the temerian men at arms armor or give us instructions on how to bake the w2end files correctly so we can make our own? geralt can conceivably do the same things he does now with the less bulky man at arms armor.

are you able to add the temerian men at arms armor or give us instructions on how to bake the w2end files correctly so we can make our own? geralt can conceivably do the same things he does now with the less bulky man at arms armor.

Absolutely. I plan to add many more armor sets to the mod and the men-at-arms suits are on my list. This version is just what you might call a "dry run" so you can check out some of the changes I'm making.

Baking a .w2ent to include the mesh file in REDkit is just a matter of "tricking" the cooker into processing your new file. I figured out that if you make a blank world and bake it, the pack0.dzip that the cooker creates still contains some basic .w2ent files. So basically, all you need to do is rename your custom .w2ent so it has the same name and path as one of these files. You'll want to back up the original first, because you have to replace it. I use include_test.w2ent, personally. Its path is characters/templates/man/include_test.w2ent -- here's a screen:

View attachment 1851

After you've baked your .w2ent, unpack it with Gibbed's RED Tools, go to the same path in the extracted folder, then find include_test.w2ent and rename it back to whatever you want to call it. It should now be a "baked" version of your custom .w2ent and the game will read it the same as any other. You'll still need to set it up correctly in an .xml and either replace an existing armor or add your new one to a merchant, but that should get you the armor in-game.

I hope that helps you out!

Attachments

• include_test_path.jpg
    include_test_path.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 112
thanks. i was about to give up on modding custom armors.

No problem, man. I'm happy to help and I hope this allows you to create some custom armor mods of your own. Others have used similar methods for baking .w2ents, I'm sure, but I figured this out on my own and I'm all about sharing.

Also, I just uploaded a brief video showing how the recipes and dyes work. You'll find it below and also in the original post. Sorry about the quality, but I seems like everything I do with this mod is in a hurry...

*EDIT*
Just posted a higher-quality version of the vid. I'll do some more in the future, but I'm limited by my slooooow internet connection.

Last edited:
Speaking men-at-arms gear. I'm working on a couple different variations. Here's an unfinished concept using the Aedirn body texture as a base. I've cleaned up the maps, removing a lot of the dents from the armor, and I've given it a bit of a polishing job to make it shine a little more.

Attachments

• man_at_arms_concept_1.jpg
    man_at_arms_concept_1.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 122
  • man_at_arms_concept_2.jpg
    man_at_arms_concept_2.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Top Bottom