[TW2][WIP] For Temeria! [Updated 18/1/2014]

+
I'm enjoying the mod so far :) Excited for new content, the dye system is really cool as well.

It's always good to meet someone who's heard of them \m/

I'm glad you like the dye system. TBH, that was the hardest thing to implement (the armors were pretty easy in comparison). In the upcoming version, dyes will be vastly improved, allowing you to color individual components like belts/scabbards, Geralt's hair, etc. I also intend to include a greater selection of color variations so you can hopefully find a color combination that suits your tastes.

Since I've built a skeleton and I'm now able to modify character meshes, I'm also thinking about having armor enhancements produce a physical effect on the armor you apply them to. So, for instance, if you apply a steel plate enhancement, maybe some steel plate parts will appear on your armor. This is just an idea at this point, but I do plan to pursue it.

Oh, and I was a vocalist in a metal band for a number of years, so I have a nose for these things. I see a banner in Old English font and I know it must be for a metal band. :p

I'm glad you like the dye system. TBH, that was the hardest thing to implement (the armors were pretty easy in comparison). In the upcoming version, dyes will be vastly improved, allowing you to color individual components like belts/scabbards, Geralt's hair, etc. I also intend to include a greater selection of color variations so you can hopefully find a color combination that suits your tastes.

Since I've built a skeleton and I'm now able to modify character meshes, I'm also thinking about having armor enhancements produce a physical effect on the armor you apply them to. So, for instance, if you apply a steel plate enhancement, maybe some steel plate parts will appear on your armor. This is just an idea at this point, but I do plan to pursue it.

Oh, and I was a vocalist in a metal band for a number of years, so I have a nose for these things. I see a banner in Old English font and I know it must be for a metal band. :p

Awesome and I hope you do pursue your ideas, they sound wicked!

I wanted to use album artwork but it wasn't working, so I just went with something simple O:

@nitnik & @Ðarkstar

Nah, this mod isn't dead, it's just sleeping. :p

I've run into a few major issues that have dashed some of my grand ideas, though. It's a bit like being kicked in the pants, so I'm licking my wounds and formulating a new plan of attack. Many apologies for the silence -- I honestly didn't think many were interested in this mod.

So, I'd wanted to split up and modify some of the existing meshes in the game and I have been working on creating a few of my own original outfits for Geralt, but this poses two ugly problems:

1) I've built a character skeleton "by eye," using the resources in REDkit as a guide. However, no matter how much I tweak things, the skeleton just doesn't perform the same way as the original -- this means the meshes are a bit distorted and some of the animations look funny.

2) The .re exporter for 3ds Max appears to reset the normal vectors on any mesh it exports. What this means is that the existing normal maps no longer look right once applied to the re-imported meshes. I've created new maps, but this is by nature an imperfect process. The original maps were baked via projection from the über high-poly meshes onto the optimized ones that are used in gameplay. I don't have access to these high-poly meshes, so my created normal maps are "meh" at best.

Anyway, unless some beneficent dev takes pity on me and causes a few proper character skellies to rain down on my head, I'm going to have to scrap a few parts of this project for the time being.

I guess that leaves the dye system, some retextures, a few full-replacer armors from vanilla and I can model some new swords and shields (they're "rigid" meshes, so the skeleton doesn't matter). I'm really sorry I've had to pare things down that much, but I just don't have the tools (or the understanding to create new tools) to pursue my other ideas.

I hope this mod is still appealing, given that I've had to remove so much from it. Thanks for the interest, guys! I think my vigor meter may be recharging.

:cheers:

@nitnik & @Ðarkstar

Nah, this mod isn't dead, it's just sleeping. :p

I've run into a few major issues that have dashed some of my grand ideas, though. It's a bit like being kicked in the pants, so I'm licking my wounds and formulating a new plan of attack. Many apologies for the silence -- I honestly didn't think many were interested in this mod.

So, I'd wanted to split up and modify some of the existing meshes in the game and I have been working on creating a few of my own original outfits for Geralt, but this poses two ugly problems:

1) I've built a character skeleton "by eye," using the resources in REDkit as a guide. However, no matter how much I tweak things, the skeleton just doesn't perform the same way as the original -- this means the meshes are a bit distorted and some of the animations look funny.

2) The .re exporter for 3ds Max appears to reset the normal vectors on any mesh it exports. What this means is that the existing normal maps no longer look right once applied to the re-imported meshes. I've created new maps, but this is by nature an imperfect process. The original maps were baked via projection from the über high-poly meshes onto the optimized ones that are used in gameplay. I don't have access to these high-poly meshes, so my created normal maps are "meh" at best.

Anyway, unless some beneficent dev takes pity on me and causes a few proper character skellies to rain down on my head, I'm going to have to scrap a few parts of this project for the time being.

I guess that leaves the dye system, some retextures, a few full-replacer armors from vanilla and I can model some new swords and shields (they're "rigid" meshes, so the skeleton doesn't matter). I'm really sorry I've had to pare things down that much, but I just don't have the tools (or the understanding to create new tools) to pursue my other ideas.

I hope this mod is still appealing, given that I've had to remove so much from it. Thanks for the interest, guys! I think my vigor meter may be recharging.

:cheers:

That is rather disappointing. :(

However, I'm still looking forward to whatever you release anyway. I'd still love to see some of the full armors wearable in this game. :)

As a personal request, is it possible for you to add the Temerian full plate armor(can be helmetless or not, but choosable would be great) at the beginning of the game? Maybe have it as a low to very low stats version of what you can get later(or other full plate armors having higher stats, whichever it will be). Just thought it would be great fun to play that siege part of the game in full armor. If it isn't possible that's fine, no problems. :)

Anyway, still think this is a great idea. Thanks for your time. :)

I will try to get the test version of the new Redkit ex- and importer for you. That should solve your problems.

When we`ll be able to download that mod ? Also , really want that dyes feature in Witcher 3. Hope someone from CD Project will see that idea. Its good thing that you can dye your gear and also that`ll be great if that change appearance from upgrades(for exampale chainmail weave or plate -brigandine elements,studded leather e.t.c.).

All right, I obviously haven't been working on this mod for some time. I'd really like to get full release out for those of you who are interested, so I'm beginning work again and will keep you updated as things progress.

Many apologies for the long delays!

Hi Exilium,

Sorry to bother you, but could you possibly change the metal cube texture of the Full Plate from characters\common\cube\metal1.w2cube to characters\common\cube\gold1.w2cube, as I would really like to use the armor as a gold texture. I just used the characters\main_npc\stennis__man\model\stennis__b1.xbm 2D File to overwrite your ex_heavy_knight.xbm, but it wasn't enough... I have tried really hard to get it change the cube texture myself, even to the point of changing my whole game cube map from metal1 to gold1, but I don't like EVERYTHING gold... I will PM you my E-Mail Address that you could send the edited w2ent file to if you get a chance. It'd save me a year of doing my head in trying to figure it out, and maybe you could add it into your mod? Sorry if its a big bother, I really like the work you have done too... its finally good to see Geralt in Full Plate.

Yeah, it's all about the cube maps. If you look at the La Vallette set, you can see that they've squared off certain sections to be gold and others to be silver. I can incorporate several variations into the final release

What I'm wondering now is what you guys want to see in the final version. I've got the dye system and armor set swapping set in stone, so what would you like? I'm thinking about making most or all of the armors dyeable, which would take some work, but I think it's worth it.

Thoughts?

*EDIT*

I sent an e-mail to CDPR some time ago asking for access to the character skeletons, with no response. So as of right now, it looks like just replacer armors and the dye system are what I'll be working on.

Last edited:
Mod looks sweet. Are there any hooded and masked models in the game that could be applied to Geralt? I am having a hard time finding the actual Kingslayer character model so I am unsure whether or not it has the mask or not. Something like this:

http://www.zastavki.com/pictures/1152x864/2010/Games_The_Witcher_2__Assassins_of_kings_023403_.jpg

Any other headgear you could add would be pretty cool. I think you've got the right ideas down, now it's just about adding a bunch of armor to play around with. That is if you are still working on this.

Personally, I'm fine with or without dyes. Just want the armors working and with balanced stats. :) That and perhaps have some of the armors in your inventory with low stats(for different character builds maybe?) at the beginning of the game(and retrievable with the rest of your stuff after you're past a certain point after the siege). Just an idea though, and thanks for your work. :)

Hi Exilium. Good work by the way.

I would like to see in the mod the possibility of change parts of the Geralt armor, nothing more. Only with I could change arms, legs and chest armor individually, I will happy. Change colors is great but my priority is change the individual parts of any armors in the game.

Greetings, and keep the good work.

Top Bottom