[TW2][WIP] For Temeria! [Updated 18/1/2014]

+
Ah, I see what you mean now. The full plate stuff would be hard to move in, that's true. I'm working on a way to limit Geralt's combat animations while he's wearing heavy plate, or at least figure out a way to slow them down so his movements look a little more realistic.

I know how to slow down the animations (it's a pretty simple script function), but it slows down ALL his animations, including dialog/cutscene animations. At this time, it doesn't appear that there's any simple way to select which animations to slow down and which ones to leave alone. I may just try to force the "default male" combat animations in the end, but that also gets a little complicated trying to do with just a script.

In any event, I'm going to include more light/medium armor variants in the full version of this mod that look more like something a witcher might wear.

Thanks for the feedback!

Last edited:
Here's a comparison of one of the original man-at-arms sets with a slightly retextured version I've been working on. In case you need help, the original is on the left... the differences are subtle, I know.

Played in version 09a ) equip up from one of the armor seems to me not to finish . My opinion was well craft each piece of armor separately , and when putting on a piece of armor to dress up everything without a complete set of the same type that is not equip . Or to equip only armor and models of standard parts ( boots , pants , gloves ) just became invisible (to avoid imposing models on each other ) . I like retexture in the mod:cheers: , (everything in moderation and tasteful ) limit fast style ideas in heavy armor is also good . armor from latest screenshots can be done on the armor replacer Seltkirk.

This looks pretty good Ex, also its a lot more lore friendly to me, maybe you could mess around with this with other armor types from the vanilla too?
Draug armor would look really nice with these plate parts I imagine.

Played in version 09a ) equip up from one of the armor seems to me not to finish . My opinion was well craft each piece of armor separately , and when putting on a piece of armor to dress up everything without a complete set of the same type that is not equip . Or to equip only armor and models of standard parts ( boots , pants , gloves ) just became invisible (to avoid imposing models on each other ) . I like retexture in the mod:cheers: , (everything in moderation and tasteful ) limit fast style ideas in heavy armor is also good . armor from latest screenshots can be done on the armor replacer Seltkirk.

Thanks for your thoughts, nitnik! I agree that the way the player equips these armor sets could be tweaked a bit. What I would really like to do is split up the meshes in 3ds Max, but until I can find a way to gain access to a working character skeleton I'll have to find other solutions. I appreciate your continuing interest in the mod and I will try to incorporate your suggestions into the final version.

It will be some time before I release v1.0 because I want to take my time and do it correctly the first time 'round. I hate having to release hotfixes and patches, so I'd like to avoid that if I can. You can expect more retextures and unique armor sets -- I'd like this mod to include more than just the ability to wear NPC armor.

This looks pretty good Ex, also its a lot more lore friendly to me, maybe you could mess around with this with other armor types from the vanilla too?

Thanks, Red! I've taken a lot of the suggestions I've gotten to heart and I'm trying to come up with some more "believable" outfits and armor. And yes, I plan to mess around with other vanilla player equipment (I'm actually doing some of that right now). I'm aware that not everyone likes replacer mods and I'm working with that thought in mind.

I'll keep up with posting regular news updates and screenshots. As you know, I like hearing thoughts or suggestions as I feel it helps me come up with better content.

Turns out you were right! :) This is only a test... a test that's been accomplished in a VERY inefficient manner, but it woks. I still need to do some more map work on these pieces, but here's a preview. Not a great screenshot, I admit.

Last edited:
I've got some more Blue Stripes for you guys. I think this variation looks a little more Temerian -- practical and utilitarian. Let me know what you think!

that looks nice, i wonder if possible to replace roche or other npcs with an outfit like that. yeah i know he's got a sort of merchant/nobleman disguise going, but he's got commando badges all over his body. i'd rather just make him look like a soldier which everyone can tell already.

having greaves and plates definitely improves upon the look of several armors.

that looks nice, i wonder if possible to replace roche or other npcs with an outfit like that. yeah i know he's got a sort of merchant/nobleman disguise going, but he's got commando badges all over his body. i'd rather just make him look like a soldier which everyone can tell already.

having greaves and plates definitely improves upon the look of several armors.

Hey, thanks very much. It's interesting how just a few plate parts can completely change the look, isn't it?

It is possible to change the appearances of NPCs such as Roche. I know what you mean about his "disguise," too. Not very convincing when he's loaded down with weapons and smattered with Temerian fleur-de-lis. I didn't originally have plans to change NPCs, but thanks to the comments and discussions in this thread, the mod continues to evolve, so I'm not quite sure where it will end up. If I did do something like that, I'd probably split it off into an optional package, which is easy enough.

On a bright note, I believe I've found a way to edit skinned character meshes and import them back into REDkit. I've imported several small meshes already and the animations/skinning seem to work just fine, so this opens up a whole new realm of appearance possibilities!

I've got some news. The silence on my part doesn't mean I'm not working on this mod -- I hope you guys know that. In fact, I spend most of my spare hours working on and testing various aspects of this mod.

Anyway... to the news! I've successfully built a working character skeleton, so I can now edit existing character models and create entirely new ones, though I doubt I'll be creating entirely original content anytime soon. I do have plans for the future for new armor, but they're just sketches on paper right now.

Here's a preview of a recolor of the Draug armor with a few plate pieces. I've made a few changes to the gloves and boots in 3ds Max and imported them back into REDkit. Another advantage of this method is that you'll be able to wear any combination of the new armor parts at any time... Let me know what you think. :)

Looks and sounds great! Being able to change armor pieces as you please would be like a dream come true for me. The armors in this game always looked great and every time I played I wished Geralt could put on more armor. I know it's really early to request, but can the feet be armored too? I like the look of those armored legs and some sabatons(foot armor) would complete the look. :) Anyway, great work! I think this is a brilliant idea.

Neat! Very looking forward to the new armor design!

Thanks, Red! I won't give away too much, but the first design will be something like a long leather coat. Most of the armor Geralt has in TW2 is pretty short, so I want to make something that looks a little more stylish and menacing. Actually, I've begun modeling work on it already, so we'll see when I can post up some test screens.

Looks and sounds great! Being able to change armor pieces as you please would be like a dream come true for me. The armors in this game always looked great and every time I played I wished Geralt could put on more armor. I know it's really early to request, but can the feet be armored too? I like the look of those armored legs and some sabatons(foot armor) would complete the look. :) Anyway, great work! I think this is a brilliant idea.

Thanks very much for your interest. :)

It's nice to hear from someone who knows the correct names of armor parts, as well. Yes, I do have some greaves with sabatons in the works right now. My aim with this mod is and will always be to allow complete customization based on how the player wants Geralt to look and perform. The devs at CDPR have done an excellent job at allowing us to make choices that help define his personality, but I think allowing a few extra appearance choices can take that process even further.

A huge part of RPGs for me has always been to have the ability to make my character look and feel the way I think best reflects his/her personality and skills. That's really what I want to do here -- to provide a bunch of options to make your Geralt into who you want him to be. So, for instance, if you choose to spec into alchemy, you might as well look like an alchemist, etc.

There's much more content on the way. I can't promise any dates right now, but stay tuned!

Last edited:
Where do I get the armors/dye from? I installed the mod and ran the game but I can't find anything, help?

Nvm, didn't look at the readme, Mysterious Merchant it is

No worries, man. It's a test version of the mod, so I just dumped the crafting book into the Mysterious Merchant's inventory for the time being. I plan to work the crafting recipes into the story with the next release.

I hope you enjoy the mod, even in its unfinished state.

*EDIT*

P.S. Quite decent taste in music, man, judging from your sig. Haven't listened to them before now, myself, but Napalm puts out some good albums.

Last edited:
P.S. Quite decent taste in music, man, judging from your sig. Haven't listened to them before now, myself, but Napalm puts out some good albums.

I'm enjoying the mod so far :) Excited for new content, the dye system is really cool as well.

It's always good to meet someone who's heard of them \m/

Top Bottom