• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
I agree. This might help the terrible movement issues by moving less to loot something.

Last edited:
I just use my Witcher Senses as a way to look where I want.. and for looting in houses and in other small places. Works like a charm.

Honestly, the camera view in combat is how I want it, DON'T change it now.

Last edited:
Oh my god that would make the game so much more enjoyable ! I really hate it when geralt suddenly goes off to attack something off camera ! :<

Nitpicking and personal wishes!

@Marcin Momot

I am enjoying The Witcher 3 a lot, however, there are a few small details that bugger me and i wish them to be addressed at some point, either added officially as options, or at least fixed via a mod. Some of them came along from the Witcher 2, others are original to the Witcher 3....

Personal gameplay and immersion preferences that could be addressed via Mods(but preferably officially, maybe as a gameplay option similar to Fallout New Vegas Hardcore Mode?!)

*Merchants and blacksmiths should only require special ingredients from the player(like meteorite ore, griffin feathers, gargoyle skin, etc) when asked to craft something, not materials/ingredients such as: lumber, iron, ropes, etc, they should already own and provide that kind of materials. This is one of the things i hated about The Witcher 2 and sadly it made a comeback in The Witcher 3.

*Less "junk/trash" items please. Why would Geralt go around picking up rusty swords, chandeliers, dolls, etc etc... It just saturates the world with unnecessary stuff and crowds the inventory. It also breaks the immersion.

*Lesser amount of Armors and Weapons available overall, but with more meaningful customization and upgrades instead(a wider variety than in The Witcher 1, but with an upgrade system similar to that of The Witcher 2, however with some visual changes added when the Armour is upgraded(like in "Mars: War Logs", or "Bound By Flame")

*Fewer amount of blueprints/diagrams; why would Geralt be interested on knowing how to build a simple Temerian sword? or a commun Redanian Armour, etc? Keep only blueprints for decorums, bombs, potions, oils, Witcher Gear and Epic/Legendary/Unique gear.

*Option for having to manually refill/remake potions, bombs and oils, in stead of them refilling automatically upon meditation. Like it was in The WItcher 1 please. Maybe it could be tied to the difficulty settings? The two easiest difficulty have auto-refill enabled, while the two hardest difficulty have manual re-fill/remake?!

*Ability to import selected weapons and amours from The Witcher 2(and maybe even some carried over from The Witcher 1?)

*Tooltips and information regarding the background of specific items. It was very nice on The Witcher 1 reading the small info that came with certain objects and special weapons, it added a lot to the inmersion and created greater emotional attachment to our gear.

*Bestiary should be full(not including special monster bosses) already at the start of The Witcher 3. Geralt no longer has amnesia + he already re-learned about most of those monsters during the Witcher 1 and 2 anways.

*Geralt should already start the game with all basic diagrams for basic potions, bombs and oils. He no longer has amnesia, so this knowledge should not be something new to him. He should only have to find upgrade diagrams for those, as well as the diagrams for the basic decorums(as they are new to The WItcher games).

*Remove Equipment Level Restrictions, if we managed to fight a level 20 monster guarding the treasure while we were only level 4, then we more than deserve to be able to use the level 20 sword that we looted...

Quality of life improvements that need to be added Officially

*Re-balanced economy(how is it that if a whole village has to poll money for a contract, and all they can afford to pay us is 200-300max, then how can a single water bottle cost 20+ at an inn, or a simple sword 800?
*Buy Back System for merchants and blacksmiths. Sometimes we simply click on the wrong stuff and end up selling it, we should not be so harsh punished for that.

*We need to be able to sell our currently equipped gear while we are in the shop menu. Having to close the shop, open the inventory, and then open the shop again can be a little frustrating from time to time.

*Tooltips informing that we already own "x quantity of that item" while buying something from a merchant.

*Option to sort quest and completed quest by date received, name, etc.

*Option for having "Inactive Quest locations" marked/visible on the map at all times.

*Glossary entry for "Herbs" and "Locations" too, not only characters and monsters.

*Special map and minimap icons for Vivaldi's Bank location.

*Map should remember "zoom and position" when closed and re-opened in stead of resetting to the default settings.

*Bestiary and Quest panel, should remember what windows were open and what entry were selected, in stead of resetting to the default settings each time we close it and then re-open it.

*The 'above' and 'below' indicators that are visible on the minimap, should not be the same color that enemies/hostiles. It should be grey/white as most of the other icons, or be the same color as the icon it represents(if it is a "herb" then the indicator should be green to match the herb icon, if it is an enemy it should be red, etc)

*Windmills and Boat Sails moving according with how strong the wind is and from what direction, in contrast to how they work now: pre-fixed movement regardless of weather effects.

*It would be neat if we had a couple of different models for the usable boats, in stead of just 1 model for all of them.The one shown on the trailers would be a good place to start.

*Longer view distance for Sails, Mast and Rigging of big boats.

*Animations added for eating, drinking, and consuming potions. The Witcher 1 had them, they where in my opinion a very immersive small touch; Why are they absent in The Witcher 3?

*Animations for applying oils to weapons, as well as for "enhancing the armors" and "sharpening the blades". The Witcher 1 had animations for most of that kind of stuff, why does The Witcher 3 lacks them?

*Animations added for "looting".

*Drunk-walking animations for Geralt when he is drunk. Similar to The Witcher 1.

*Small cinematic/map-animation while fast traveling in stead of just a "fade in black", something similar to "Dragon Age: Origins" or to the Harry Potter movies(footsteps on the map).

*A "Time lapse" animation for meditating, similar to The Witcher 1, where we saw Geralt meditating and on the background we could see the Sun and the Moon move, etc.

*Longer delay before stamnina recovery starts after sprinting. Slower stamina recovery rate aswell, as right now it regenerates in less than 1 second.

*Allow us to exit/quit conversations by pressing "Esc".

*Allow us to freely skip the intros and the "Previously on The Witcher" sequences.

*Mutagens of the same color should give higer/lower bonuses depending on what foe/monster they came from, the stronger the monster it came from, the higher the bonuses it should give compared to the regular ones.

*Trophies from stronger foes of the same type(Archgriffin for example) should give a better bonus than the trophies from the basic monster(Griffin).

*More unique art assets for trophies, in stead of re-using the "head on a bag" look for most of them.

*Unarmed NPCs need to react to stealing too! It was a neat addition the fact that guards react if they see you stealing their stuff, but why were peasants left out? They should at least go tell the guards, if not confront you directly!

*Geralt needs to be able to climb down cliffs the same way he climb down stairs.

*Visual representation on the in-game swords and armour models, showing that they are broken/deteriorated. (The same way we can see the damage taken to the boat)

*Addition of more wanderers/travelers on Horseback(specially some inside and around Novigrad)

*Addition of NPC-controlled ships sailing around(specially around Skellige and Novigrad's port)

*Ability to hang collected Monster Trophies in Kaer Morhen and Corvo Bianco.

Story/Narrative related, be wary of SPOILERS!!.

*More visible and bigger consequences regarding the events of The Witcher 1 and 2 when using an import save( including more recurring characters, or at least mention to them and the events that occurred during the previous games would be a great start)

*More showcasing of the actual war that is going on in the background and more visible changes to the landscape; A few small skirmishes between Redania and Nilfgaard here and there(Similar to The Witcher 1) and some villages changing hands would be great. Right now everything feels quite static and the war non-existent!

*More visible consequences to our actions during The Witcher 3 and how they affect the state of the world(example: how killing Menge and every witch hunter at the Witch Hunters HQ might have affected Novigrad, the prosecution of Mages and Non-Humans; or how killing Radovid changed things, etc)

*The Wild Hunt in general needs more screen-time and a more detailed characterization. Right now they are just your stereo-typical super evil villains.

*The White Frost needs to be better explained and fleshed out, or removed from the end of the game altogether.

*Most of the father and daughter choices between Geralt and Siri that decide what ending we get, need some fleshing out.

*A few more interactions between Geralt-Siri-Yeneffer-Triss would be welcomed.

*A few new lines added to our closest friends(Dandelion and Zoltan) regarding who our romance choice it, regarding the different factions at war, etc, they need to feel more involved in the affairs of the world and in Geralt' life in general.

*Expanded ending sliders, showing what happened to our closest friends, to the lodge members, as well as better showcasing the symbiosis between our choices and how they affected each other(specially how Skellige might or might not have influenced in Nilfgard loosing/wining depending on who was the ruler, etc)

*Small tweaks and changes to the Dijkstra vs Roche confrontation.

*Grittier, darker and more devilish tone to the Witch Sabbath sequence.

*More interaction with The Lodge members during act 3.

*Small changes to Radovid's dialog and interactions with the player and more fleshing out in general to make him look less like a complete idiot-lunatic and more like the "Tactical Genius" everybody claims he is.

*A bit more of fleshing out of the ending in general, to better explain or better illustrate why Crach for example was there and why was he fighting Eredin?

*OPTIONAL: After completing the main quest, the game should emulate a state based on the choices you made during the game, not re-set to a "before main-quest" state. It does not needs to be very detailed nor extensive, just change around some guards and NPCs locations here and there, change some flags and add a few dialog lines to the main characters and random npcs...

Heath of Stone story related nick-picks that that should be added for consistency and immersion sake.

* Mention of Alvin during conversation with Shani.

* Mention of possible current relationship with Triss/Yennefer during conversation with Shani.

* Main characters from the main game maybe pointing out/asking about Geralt dissapeareance/absence during HoS quest.

* Ending sliders added to the main game about some of the character from HoS.

* A final goodbye dialog with Shani where we can tell her how things ended with Olgierd, O'Din, etc, etc(last time we talk to her, she actually tells Geralt to visit her once more before she leaves, but sadly there is currently no new dialog)

Cheers...

Last edited:
Some Comments/Feature Suggestions

(NOTE: I have played The Witcher EE, The Wticher 2 EE and now The Witcher 3 all on PC)

I'm a couple days into The Witcher 3 and I'm enjoying it (it even is running fine on my old GTX 580 card - which is below the minimum spec).

1. Events/Areas/Map Stuff

I like these, similar to Dragon Age Inquisition and Skyrim. One thing that bothers me a little, especially in No Man's Land is the wild disparity of levels of these. I can be in the area doing a quest at level 5 or so and run into a nearby event (and subsequent surprise time limited quest) that is level 9 that I will fail (so I have to avoid that event for awhile). This has the side effect of making me a bit more hesitant to explore and head for the "?" marks because I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it or if I'm going to break something by triggering events too early.

The treasure hunting stuff seems to be even more disparate. I have a few of these that are for level 18, even some above level 30!

2. Keybinds

I'm not sure why, but the keybind editor is very incomplete. There are a number that are 'locked' for no apparent reason but also a lot more that are only in the input.settings file. There's still a few more that seem to be hard coded (F5 for quick save, has anyone found quick load?). Please add a *complete* keybind editor.

3. Load Screen Recap

I like the load screen recap, it's useful for picking up where I was when I'm starting the next day or after dinner. However, if I'm loading from a recent save to redo something, there's no way to skip it and it's a little annoying.

I would also like the option to disable subtitles on these.

4. UI Behavior

The Wild Hunt UI isn't bad but could use some more work.

a. ESCape does odd things. If I'm in the inventory it seems to go back one item instead of closing the inventory window like I'd expect. Oddly on the upper right the "Escape [Back]" button actually does what I expected.

b. With merchants it's far too easy to accidentally sell something important. There should be a buyback (with no loss of money) option and/or the ability to mark/unmark items as 'precious'.

c. There's no 'sell all junk' option.

d. The white background popup help boxes seem to not disappear consistently unless you choose another menu option.

5. Merchants

There aren't enough merchants (so far anyway) and they run out of stock/money too easily. They should replenish over time since I'm assuming I'm not their only customer.

6. Cutscenes

a. I take screenshots with FRAPS but when I hit the key, I get "SPACE skip" on the screen so I can't take screenshots very rapidly. Should be an option to not have that 'tip' appear.

b. I would like an option to PAUSE a cutscene (exception would be a timed dialog response) - for doorbell or phone ringing situation.

What's bugging you?

So far I'm really enjoying the experience aside from a few gripes that would make the experience better if they were fixed.

The most obvious one is the keybinding issue, which has been hit on a lot already. Remapping is very tricky to do because of the way they have it set up, and some of the default key positions are just awkward, i.e strong attack having no specific key and alt being used for dodge.

Also, while I do like that geralt automatically draws the sword type which will be needed for a monster at the beginning of a fight, I hate when he auto equips signs. Yes, there is a reason I had quen selected. No, I didn't actually want igni instead.

The last thing I've noticed is that the crossbow is oddly restricted sometimes. I've run into situations once or twice where I wanted to shoot an unsuspecting monster in the back of the head before rushing in with the sword, only to see a message that the action cannot be performed at this time. It's like the crossbow sometimes needs Geralt to already be in a fight before it can be used, which is just annoying. Are surprise attacks against the witcher code or something?

EDIT: Also forgot that "Z" is a really annoying default key to lock targets when we're forced to use WASD for movement.

Last edited:
I'm loving everything in terms of gameplay, especially the automatic sword drawn.

I just wish i had atleast 60 fps on my 760 on all the low settings =(

Immersion breaking bugs for me. Mainly NPC pop-ins at close range.

I'm loving everything in terms of gameplay, especially the automatic sword drawn.

I just wish i had atleast 60 fps on my 760 on all the low settings =(

I'm running a 760 too with an i5. I average 30-40fps. Everything on medium, apart from textures, water, and NPC, which are set to High. All post-processing on apart from AA (AA seems to hit fps the most)..

You hit a monster many times and instead of bleed or become weaker, the monster regenerates.....
I can turn an blind eye on the horrific vegetation that looks like 2D blocky, i can ignore the low res textures all over the place, i can ignore the weird animations of the npcs especially in scenes....

But the combat against the Bosses are ridiculous.

Not a big fan of how Geralt auto sheathes his sword. This can be fatally awakward, depending on timing of enemy aggro.

WIsh I could quick cast Signs using a bind - slect and cast it as one button, a la Witcher 2.

Like to see a timer on Quen. Like to be able to move while casting Igni Stream.

I'd like subtitles for foreign languages only, so I can read it when Elves speak Elvish, but not have to when I can understand the audio.

Frustrated that I'll probably die of old age before I see everything this magnificent creation has to show me.

And whichever Red decided to put level 27 armour in an early area...you bastard. You evil, evil bastard.

I've been taking notes about the things that make the game less than absolute perfect, some of these things won't ever be 'fixed', some of them might be quirks only for me, but here's my list so far:

- I'd love a little bit more interaction with the world, NPCs don't usually seem to react to your actions, they have the same lines (and a bit too few of them) regardless of the situations, I'd like to be able to toss a few coins to beggars for example.

- NPC daily routines - this is also slightly underwhelming, for example smiths hammering sword for eternity, not using belows, etc. Same goes for woodcutters, and basically every workers. Maybe in 5 years games will be more believable in this regard. But mind you, if you look at the whole thing on a bigger scale, NPCs do seem busy and it creates a great vibe. I just wish it was even more nuanced. Another thing, I've haven't been to Skellige yet, but I haven't seen any ships going in and out at the Novigrad docks, I thought that was supposed to be a thing. That would also add a lot to the atmosphere.

- It looks like you cant make enemies fly off ledges with Aard anymore, that's too bad, needs to return. It would be also nice to have a little more destroyable things. I'd like to flip tables like in the VGX trailer.

- Windmills are turning slowly all the time regardless of the strength of the wind, would be cool to see them turning at a crazy speed when there's a storm.

- Animations for drinking and eating, simple, short ones, and they shouldn't stop you from moving, also animation for sword sharpening; better than a fade in - fade out if you ask me.

- Drinking game a la TW1, drunken walk for Geralt, not just dizzy view.

- Refilling potions without having to meditate, so far it has only been a little chore to meditate every time I needed to replenish, also bring back the time-lapse meditation, pretty please.

- There's a lot of stuff like haystacks that I wish I could actually burn with Igni.

- I'd like to use the torch on horseback, it would look so nice. Also, I'd like Roach to be able to walk really slowly.

- Do NPCs still complain when it's raining? Haven't seen yet. Also, is rain visible on water surfaces?

- Would be nice to have the gift system from TW1 back to some extent.

- Visible arrows (crossbow). Arrows shot by enemies are already visible.

- Killable cows.

- Quitting conversations with ESC, not possible right now.

- Being able to sort items by price, name, weight, etc.

- Being able to sell your currently equipped gear while you're in the shop menu.

- Unarmed NPCs reacting to stealing.

Well, that's it for now, some of these might sound ridiculous, but I think these are the very things that would make TW3 a 11 out of 10, at least from my experience so far (10 hours). Highighted the the ones that are more important for me and are relatively easy to fix I think.

Last edited:
I'm currently playing on the hardest difficulty and don't see how I'm going to make it to level 15, let alone level 27. The level progression in this game is ridiculously slow.

Last edited:
The clunky controls, especially while swimming and the God awful Roach UI. Oh and the tiny text, I can't read anything when playing the PC version on my TV.

Last edited:
The UI is bland and uninspired, and quite obviously isn't designed with KB+M in mind, and the clunky controls are just downright unforgivable.

Love the game but...

There is no bank!!!! I feel like a 400lb Gorilla carrying all this stuff on me. Does anyone know if there is a place you can store your stuff?

Top Bottom