• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
MORE HAIRCUTS.

Specifically the simple pony tail from witcher 2. And make an option to LOCK in a clean shaven or short beard style. I'm sick of having to trim my short beard when it randomly grows into a bush. An addition to the options menu should solve that one.

Armor dyes.

Two more sets of upgrade branches. Meaning six more slots and two more mutagen slots. When I get to a high level there's a ton of upgrades that just simply don't matter at all any more. While it's interesting to strategically choose a good loadout, it makes a hell of a lot of leveling up completely irrelevant. That is not how leveling in the Witcher should feel. Ever. Especially not when you get past level 30 in a game that goes to 70.

And with new game plus coming... there's going to be a HELL of a lot of leveling up that's just going to feel like ticking five more boxes that will mean nothing in the end so you can tick the five boxes that WILL matter.

Better yet just nerf all the upgrades and remove the need to "activate" them. By the time it becomes OP, you should bloody well BE OP because you sank upwards of 100 hours into the game.

Hi @merrick97 I liked reading your review and I agree with many of the things you said like the inventory, the fall damage, not being able to leave combat, Geralt's movement but I also disagree with some of your points.

I think the combat overall is pretty good and it only gets better with time and it provides many different and viable builds - however, alchemy builds suffer the most because of how bad the inventory is. And I think the quests that fail have good reasons for failing. I don't think they need to make it more explicit, but maybe I don't know which quests you are talking about.

From the points you made, 7/10 may seem too harsh, but you also did not mention issues that maybe you have no idea about if you did not play the previous games. TW3, or should I say, The Witcher: Wild Hunt ignores the previous games and it also has a troublesome third act and poor depiction of some major characters. And IMO it makes it tricky to give a fair evaluation of the game.

TW3 has many issues but it still is a great game despite them. It really is more than the sum of its parts. It is not a 10/10 game like Gamespot said but it is an essential one like Eurogamer tells.

My review of your review: 4/10. Tier level: wannabe critic and try-harder.

Hardly any competence involved in this judgment and a lot of false if not borderline hilarious claims (i.e. claiming the game doesn't do combat "as well as AC"), plus the usual tendency to blow minor issues out of proportion (an entire paragraph to rant against fall damage? Seriously?) and virtually no mention of all the things the game does astonishingly well.

P.S. Your suggestion about adopting Bethesda's fast travel "anywhere at any time" is AWFUL.

Last edited:
Hi,
I know you showed the bear armor concept art on facebook some time ago. I really liked the the level 4 with furs and all. I want some more armor . Plus I would like some beautiful medium armor as well which i can upgrade as well. Griffin armor is not that much attractive, I don't why but it makes me feel like geralt has huge belly or something. The default medium armor in which we start the game is very beautiful. Please add the upgrade for that armor as well. That armor is very gorgeous which chain mails and looks really badass. Can you kindly add the upgrade diagram for this armor i will happily take default one over griffin.

And add New GAME Plus with 3 Pieces of new armor and weapon set. (I mean three quest for light ,heavy and medium armor with swords.) which should look and feel so bad ass. It will be enough for New Game Plus. IF you add more monster hunter quest and some more jobs and quest like 10 will be enough. Please add this in future dlc. Even if its not in season pass we will happily pay for it. I know I am and I know how much dedicated you are when ever you put a work it become a mater piece. Please don't ignore it we all want that. And some more mini games like arm wrestling and fighting which should remain indefinitely they should not disappear when quest completed. And plus award some more money in Gwent.

---------- Updated at 12:58 PM ----------

Can you please Add new game plus and A storage chest and Please add Kaer Moran superior and master diagram as well. I really love that armor. I think its best looking armor in the whole game. Please add more diagram for Kaer Moran armor so that we can use it in New game plus and don't throw it away after leveling up. Like i said before if you add new game plus please also add 3 treasure hunter quest for dark armor and if possible make Kaer Moran armor one of them. It will be awesome.

Last edited:
Hello all,
I've just finished the game and I'd like to thank it's creators for that magical impression. I've played hundreds of games and read hundreds of books and I never thought the game could touch me that deeply at this point of my life. Probably that's due to the fact that creators had read many good books too (that was my first thought when I met Sarasti ^) ).
The only downside for me is that Wild Hunt had set a new incredibly high plank for Open World RPG. I would hardly enjoy the upcoming Fallout 4, especially considering that Chris Avelon has left Bethesda.
Well, thanks again and good luck to you and your company. Waiting for TW3 DLCs and Cyberpunk 2077 ^)

SOME way of fixing the apparently 'bad' decisions one makes in the game so you are NOT left with the 'bad' ending and because you happen not to have a save game that goes back far enough are now stuck with it: The game was awesome, best ever,…up until because of a couple of choices that apparently weren't optimal I got the "bad" ending. Which after 45+ hours of play is kinda a kick in the nuts. Nothing worse than a bad ending. Add a Game+ mode or an option to redo the last act to rectify the ending received or something so I can fix it!! It feels so crappy to continue playing after when you know you fked up the story by choosing the wrong actions. A game like this you need to feel catharsis in its ending. The ‘werewolf’ ending was not that at all.

They should not only let us up grade the starting armor, but they should make one black instead of brown.. or even black and dark grey or black and dark olive green would look badass too! A Free dlc quest to upgrade and find these higer level sets in a new color such as solid black or black with olive green, would be cool:)

I get some of the points you make, but some of them are based on personal preference. For example I love Witcher 3's combat system, but I hate Batman's combat system.
But your complaints about small problems are a bit ridiculous considering the scope of the game and how great and beautiful the world is, and how many things were done right in the Witcher 3.
You're giving a game that most agree to be one of the best RPGs that has ever been made a 7/10, because of some minor camera and gameplay issues and so forth.
I can't take your score seriously.

Hi @merrick97 I liked reading your review and I agree with many of the things you said like the inventory, the fall damage, not being able to leave combat, Geralt's movement but I also disagree with some of your points.

I think the combat overall is pretty good and it only gets better with time and it provides many different and viable builds - however, alchemy builds suffer the most because of how bad the inventory is. And I think the quests that fail have good reasons for failing. I don't think they need to make it more explicit, but maybe I don't know which quests you are talking about.

From the points you made, 7/10 may seem too harsh, but you also did not mention issues that maybe you have no idea about if you did not play the previous games. TW3, or should I say, The Witcher: Wild Hunt ignores the previous games and it also has a troublesome third act and poor depiction of some major characters. And IMO it makes it tricky to give a fair evaluation of the game.

TW3 has many issues but it still is a great game despite them. It really is more than the sum of its parts. It is not a 10/10 game like Gamespot said but it is an essential one like Eurogamer tells.

Its disappointing that people consider a 7/10 to be horrific. 7 means decent, but with big flaws. Thats exactly how I see the Witcher 3. A great game bogged down with some issues that I got fed up with and I had to deduct points from it.

However, I will have no issue revising my score and raising my opinion once the game is fully patched and all DLC is released since some of these issues may be slightly addressed.

---------- Updated at 05:23 AM ----------

Using an external usb hdd will make load times long. I suggest using an internal hdd if possible. A ssd would be best although I'm not sure if you can put one in an xbox one.
external HDD for Xbox One actually load quicker than the stock hard drive on the Xbox One.

---------- Updated at 05:28 AM ----------

My review of your review: 4/10. Tier level: wannabe critic and try-harder.

Hardly any competence involved in this judgment and a lot of false if not borderline hilarious claims (i.e. claiming the game doesn't do combat "as well as AC"), plus the usual tendency to blow minor issues out of proportion (an entire paragraph to rant against fall damage? Seriously?) and virtually no mention of all the things the game does astonishingly well.

P.S. Your suggestion about adopting Bethesda's fast travel "anywhere at any time" is AWFUL.

My review of your comment: a 1/10.

You call me a ranting cry baby and yet that you are doing the same thing with your comment. You obviously dont share the same opinion as me and you could have commented and made your own counterpoints and I would have gladly looked them over, but no.

As for the fast travel system being like Bethesda. I stand by that opinion 100%. I feel that once I have unlocked and visited a land marker that I should be able to travel there at any time instead of having to waste time travelling to the closest marker. My gaming time is precious and after a while it all begins to add up.

---------- Updated at 05:30 AM ----------

Honestly, I only read your combat comments so far and I hate to be that guy, but your problems seem to boil down to L2P. You're having difficulty on the 2nd easiest difficulty. My biggest problem with the game is that it's too easy, I played my first play through on Blood & Bones. Not long through I was kicking myself for not picking Death March. This has to be the easiest RPG I've played in some time.

When fighting multiple enemies, DON'T USE TARGET. In fact, I never use it, but it can be handy in 1v1s.

It also sounds like you're using dodge roll too much. I found that regular dodge will do the job 95% of the time. I only needed dodge roll against some bosses that had a larger reach. Regular dodge does not use stamina unlike dodge roll, so if you learn to use regular dodge more often, you'll have more stamina for signs. Don't just dodge backwards, which sounds like what you're doing if you're still getting hit. Strafe dodging to the sides will be more effective. Dodge, learn it, use it, love it.

When dealing with groups, keep moving and don't get surrounded and take out the archers first, it's that simple. If you're still struggling, use your crossbow and pull one enemy at a time until you get more confident dealing with groups. You'll get to a point where you'll be jumping in the thick of it throwing caution to wind.

In regards to Gerald moving slow when in combat mode, yes it can be annoying, but if you really have to, use shift and run. Not a huge issue. I will say that not being able to jump in combat can cause issues in some situations.

Finally, Quen is your best friend.

Oh, one other thing. Double press jump before you hit the ground and you won't take damage from most falls unless you fall from great heights.

I think if you picked up some of these tips along the way, you wouldn't have given such an average review.

I never used target when fighting multiple enemies, but the combat is such that Geralt will follow a certain enemy.

Why? There are literally hundreds of sign posts scattered around the landscape!
So I can just explore every nook and cranny anywhere, even the bottom of the ocean without the need to swim back up, the depth of a cave without the need to get back out, climbing mountain without the need to go back down, just for going to the nearest signpost for fast-travel. Like in DA:I, we can just run around anywhere until getting lost somewhere, and just go back to camp using instant fast travel.

General Feedback: The story, the artwork, the enemies, the sheer scope and size of this game are all awesome. The seamless open world rocks. But there are a metric butt-tonne of ants at this particular picnic. I don't understand why so many problems from TW1 and 2 that were seemingly fixed have now returned. Authosheathing?! Really?! You guys didn't get enough grief over that one in the first game? You figured you'd bring it back for an encore and see if it was even more despised now?

Right, so... the controls are frequently maddening. Just getting Geralt to do things like loot bodies or those floating smuggler's caches is often an exercise in frustration as we get to watch the man do absolutely everything but look at the damn body / container. I remember that being an issue in the Witcher 2 as well, and then it got fixed at some point so that you looted where you were looking. Yet here again, somebody decided to resurrect the problem or simply fail to learn from past experience. Honestly, I don't know the reference point for controlling Geralt. Is it his direction? Is it the camera direction? Some Frankenstein hybrid of both?

Combat: I get shot by ranged attacks that I can't do a damn thing about. I get stuck on pieces of terrain that I can't jump over. I sheathe my damn sword while enemies are charging me. I am surrounded by enemies and manage to swing my sword six times without hitting anything. Seriously?! In TW2 I would watch Geralt hurtle through the air to attack the nearest enemy. Now it's like he's trying to miss and I often can't figure out how to turn him around to face the enemy. He does his sideways cat walk facing the wrong way.

So... yeah. Seriously. when it comes to controls look at something like Shadows of Mordor. That game doesn't compare to TW3 in terms of story, complexity or content, but they got the controls down. Getting the player character to do something felt pretty intuitive. I guess that's it. Apologies for the negativity.

EDIT: P.S. What the hell happened to all the good looking armor from TW2? Why are my choices so limited in TW3? And why does so much of the armor look like it was made for a clown?

Last edited:
So I can just explore every nook and cranny anywhere, even the bottom of the ocean without the need to swim back up, the depth of a cave without the need to get back out, climbing mountain without the need to go back down, just for going to the nearest signpost for fast-travel. Like in DA:I, we can just run around anywhere until getting lost somewhere, and just go back to camp using instant fast travel.

Not sure if just kidding or really that kind of lazy.

Legitimate gripes or not. You lose all creditability when you score the game a 3.7/10. Just the .7 on it's own is silly. Nvm the click bait hyperbole.

woops my bad. reading comprehension.

Which is precisely what would make it awful.

---------- Updated at 10:40 AM ----------

My review of your comment: a 1/10.

You call me a ranting cry baby
Uh, no. I didn't.
Which maybe proves that your reading comprehension is probably even worse that your understanding of good core design.

You call me a ranting cry baby and yet that you are doing the same thing with your comment. You obviously dont share the same opinion as me and you could have commented and made your own counterpoints and I would have gladly looked them over, but no.
There's nothing meaningful to rebuke in your arbitrary and unsubstantiated claim that "the combat is a complete disaster" and "worse than Assassin's Creed". You didn't back it with any proper argument and yes, I think it's simply bullshit.

As for the fast travel system being like Bethesda. I stand by that opinion 100%. I feel that once I have unlocked and visited a land marker that I should be able to travel there at any time instead of having to waste time travelling to the closest marker. My gaming time is precious and after a while it all begins to add up.
if you are under the delusion your time is so precious, go and waste it on something else instead of trying to ruing good things for everyone else who cares about good mechanics.
Being forced to reach a fast travel point to move between large distances is essential in giving meaning to things like the feeling of being in danger when you adventure in a new, dangerous zone or dungeon; it gives the world a proper sense of place and gives relative distances a meaning; it allows the developers to design encounters under the assumption that you'll need to transit through key points and you won't necessarily be able to zip around anywhere at any time... and so on.

Which are all minute, subtle tricks TW3 makes plenty of use of and your suggestion would ruin most of it.

Last edited:
I'm thinking it would be nice if they made potions consumable from the inventory. It's really tiresome to go in the menu equip golden oriole (for example), exit the menu, press the button to consume it, go back in the menu, re-equip the healing consumable it replaced in the slots. It would alleviate a lot of annoyance and should be unavailable during combat.

Top Bottom