• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Most of these stuffs could be done by modders, since these are just personal taste. Once they changed it, I am sure some people will complain that they changed it.

Its not really changing just adding specially the armor and a sharp filter slider for grass and trees [nature] high looks like radioactive crap, just looks bad.

---------- Updated at 07:41 PM ----------

I want a saturation slider to tone down the overly bright colors. The game looks great, but I wish colors weren't so vivid.
That should also work ,similar like arcania [gothic] american and european colors, i ad this to my wishlist.

Last edited:
Agree with your point of view, indeed it is understandable to have at least an option to turn off or on for auto herb picking.Maybe because I use mouse and KB is easy for me, especially with DPI settings. For me it is easily to select which crate to loot by just moving the camera and not Geralt himself.

I haven't played never with gamepad only with mouse and kb so I couldn't know how it is for people with gamepad. Maybe it is indeed difficult when I start imagining moving camera with a small joystick instead of prices mouse movement.

ALL in all KEEP up CD red you're doing great job!

---------- Updated at 07:08 PM ----------

Completely agree, the sun rise too early and FROM SOUHT ?? Isn't suppose to be from east to the west.. just see the N letter on the minimap pointing north place Geratl towards NORTH and see the rising sun is from behind ... meaning of which SOUTH

Think about where the devs are located. You're going to see the sun at different times of day depending on your latitude.

I wish for the ability to make signs insta-casted after lunching from hotkeys 2-7 (like in TW2) instead just slotting them. Also there could be an ability in the fast attack tree to roll to an enemy from afar and slice them (also, like in TW2). Oh, and better key-rebinding options, cause ATM they suck a bit....

Its not really changing just adding specially the armor and a sharp filter slider for grass and trees [nature] high looks like radioactive crap, just looks bad.

I think this must have been the sharpness filter they used in the earlier demo video and people who bitching about the downgrade demanded it so they put it in the patch. They said earlier that they originally decided to turn down the sharpness to make it easier to the eye in a long run. The high sharpness also looks similar to the sharpness filter they used in TW2.

Calling something a design choice (plea to authority fallacy), doesn't change whether its a good or bad gameplay aspect... people can make awful design choices...

Agreed. But this design choice is justified for two reasons.

1. It's supposed to be a trustful adaptation of the books. Geralt didn't go ahaed and slice everything for teh lulz. He hunted down monsters for coin. That's it. He's not gonna get any better at being a witcher by slaying 100 wolves.

2. It's a story-driven game. It's focus is the story. The world is there only to make it more believable.

Last edited:
From what i read the actual file with keyboard setting is input_qwerty located at for example C:\GOG Games\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\config\r4game\legacy\base
I don't think so.
I've edited the input.settings file in my own User folder. I changed it so that the up-arrow brings up the weapon/sign-selection wheel. Worked perfect. I've also messed around with other stuff. Some worked, some worked half, some didn't work.

I think the file you mentioned is the file with all the default values. When a user starts the game the first time, he doesn't have a witcher folder yet. So they copy the default values from your file to a new input.settings and user.settings file in the user's folder.

I think this must have been the sharpness filter they used in the earlier demo video and people who bitching about the downgrade demanded it so they put it in the patch. They said earlier that they originally decided to turn down the sharpness to make it easier to the eye in a long run. The high sharpness also looks similar to the sharpness filter they used in TW2.
No its still different in the witcher 2 u did not had that weird effect in the environment or in the world itself,on this it does just not look good when exploring the nature and grasslands, it looks incredible well on characters, but not on many other things, low is nice but u miss sometimes some crisp detail on faces or swords, so hopefully they can fix that weird high sharp look on nature and i am happy.

No its still different in the witcher 2 u did not had that weird effect in the environment or in the world itself,on this it does just not look good when exploring the nature and grasslands, it looks incredible well on characters, but not on many other things, low is nice but u miss sometimes some crisp detail on faces or swords, so hopefully they can fix that weird high sharp look on nature and i am happy.
Actually you had the excact same effect as in Witcher 2 with the environment. People complained back then about how the sharpening filter was a strain on the eye, when you played for longer than a couple of hours and that's why CD-Project removed it from the Witcher 3.
Then people complained how it looked without the filter and demanded to get it back. Now it's back and what do i see? People bitching once again about the very same thing they did years ago.
Congratulation, we really came full circle here.

Actually you had the excact same effect as in Witcher 2 with the environment. People complained back then about how the sharpening filter was a strain on the eye, when you played for longer than a couple of hours and that's why CD-Project removed it from the Witcher 3.
Then people complained how it looked without the filter and demanded to get it back. Now it's back and what do i see? People bitching once again about the very same thing they did years ago.
Congratulation, we really came full circle here.

No its totally different, i have the witcher 2 started and compared, its just different, and complaining is nice then the developers have something to work on like patches and fixes :)

I agree with the topic, I am very disappointed by the level up perks point.
I sincerely I am not gonna play the game twice, I'll play it once, and I want to try all the variety of the skills... the limitations it really sucks. I know that you can reset skills, but really the matter of resetting it should be used when you are unsatisfied with your skill point spent, not just for trying out new abilities power up.

I feel that it is so much ANTI-FINAL FANTASY style... In FF the level up is always been an amazing and fun experience, you look forward for all that level up experience, in here.. I really feel not interested and even worst it is a chore because of limitations.

I think in all honesty that after the Dumbed down graphics, and the bad bad bad controls for pc, this is the 3rd worst thing to ruin the fun of the game.
Just very disappointed.

Auto Run

Virtually every game on the planet has this simple feature. Why not Witcher 3? Please add an auto run toggle. I don't mean the ctrl-key switch between running and walking currently in the game, but a true auto run where I hit a key and Geralt moves continuously until I hit the key again. It would also be nice for this to be mounted and dismounted. I realize I can hold the shift key while mounted and auto path the roads, but this is not a hands free auto run either. Again, I cannot think of a game I've played off the top of my head that did not have this simple feature.

Agreed. But this design choice is justified for two reasons.

1. It's supposed to be a trustful adaptation of the books. Geralt didn't go ahaed and slice everything for the lulz. He hunted down monsters for coin. That's it. He's not gonna get any better at being a witcher by slaying 100 wolves.

2. It's a story-driven game. It's focus is the story. The world is there only to make it more believable.

Many book/movie based games exist and in none of the original content does it say the hero goes around killing everything, yet in the game version that what happens because its fun... removing the fulfilling aspects of something fun to fit the narrative is like including real horse manure in the box for the player to smell the smells of the narrative. just because something fits the story doesn't make it justified...

You're not supposed to be getting levels by "grinding". Thank God the devs didn't go for that and please for the love of all that is holy don't change that. Leveling up in witcher is done mainly through a) FANTASTIC quests, something Skyrim knows nothing about and b) Exploring locations which are insanely numerous, not by grinding on drowners.

First up let me say GREAT GAME! Thank you for all your hard work CD Project Red :)

There are some little flaws however. First up I find it difficult to find weapon repair kits. I thought a good fix would be to pay a little gold to Blacksmiths and have them repair the weapons and armor for you.
Second the text can be a bit small at times.

If anyone else has non bug related problems list them here.

You can. Scroll left or right in the "shop" or crafting menu to find "repair". Those currently in use are marked "equipped".

how often will you have to repair equipment?

After killing one or two monsters you will need to repair your swords and armor. I'm exaggerating but it really feels that way. After only killing one mob of monsters I am encumbered and I have to repair all my weapons. All of it costs more than fighting the mob cause you get shits for killing random monsters in terms of loot and exp. I never experienced this in any other games where grinding gives a negative effect. If this is by design or to prevent players from over leveling, then it's the wrong direction. You can make the game harder by just changing the difficulty. Like if you play on HARD you will still be in level 1-2 after playing the entire day.

There are many instances where I kill a lot of shit at much higher level with lots of junk and gears. But after everything, I ended up LOSING money instead of gaining because of repairing and dismantling. Mainly because repairing costs more than selling a sword/armor.

Here's what I ended up doing most in Witcher 3:
1. Finding blacksmith for repair (every 10 min.) > also takes about 10-20 min. to find and get to the blacksmith and repair since you can't see them in map unless you're close.
2. Encumbered (almost all the time cause I pick up everything) > must find blacksmith in town to sell/dismantle. And yes, I have saddlebags.
3. Read dialogues.
4. Running away from mobs not story related. Because if you're not prepared for a random encounter you will most likely die cause of broken weapons, no food, no bombs.

In the beginning I was going around killing everything. Then only to realize that I'm still at level 1 with gears at 15+ levels above me that I can't use (diagrams). There were no satisfactions from killing anything (no exp, no loot, only cost money to repair and becoming encumbered), so I ended up just reading dialogues and going through the main story with little to no grinding whatsoever. The game is actually much easier if you just do main story, instead of wasting time exploring and fighting monsters only to have a negative effect with repairing.

All in all, I still have a blast if it not for the awesome story, dialogue, voice acting.

So right now I'm just going through the story and hope the combat is more refined later, either with patches or mods. I was hoping to explore and fight enemies non-stop and not do any stories, but the opposite happened because the combat is not refined as I have hoped. The game was suppose to make me want to kill things with style, but instead I rather avoid it for story. Not what I want. I want both.

Could we please have......

This Is just an open thread where you can share features that you would like to have in the game.

Mine would be vault to store all the fat loot (or just the unique weapons that weigh a lot), a separate tab for potions,bombs and oils in the inventory screen and an icon over enemies to show if they have an environmental or a time buff.

C'mon guys and gals lets share.

You're not supposed to be getting levels by "grinding". Thank God the devs didn't go for that and please for the love of all that is holy don't change that. Leveling up in witcher is done mainly through a) FANTASTIC quests, something Skyrim knows nothing about and b) Exploring locations which are insanely numerous, not by grinding on drowners.

No, the only difference is instead of grinding enemies now I grind quests and avoid all enemies because their pointless.

when you can run past everything and to get all the rewards then theres no longer a reason to fight 90% of the non mission enemies in the game. Thats bad game design.

and no, crafting materials don't count, the money i save by not having to repair anything means i can buy any crafting materials i need meaning its always more efficient to run past everything. And if all you get from enemies is items they have just become crates/plants that move.

Last edited:
Top Bottom