• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Allow us to manually switch into and out of combat mode. The automatic combat-detection does not work sufficiently. Sometimes Geralt has to fight against large groups of enemies which are spread out. Once Geralt killed the ones close to him he switches into exploration mode while the archers continue firing arrows at him and pressing the block button activates his witcher-senses instead of blocking. Very frustrating!

I'm sure this must've been suggested at some point, but I'll mention it just to be sure: I think Geralt's sensitivity towards fall damage should be decreased drastically.
Not only does it seem a bit weird that someone as agile as Geralt can't fall more than a meter or two without losing half his health - not to mention it also being annoying gameplay wise. There's several points in the story so far I've encounter where you'll take fall damage just following a path normally - unless you very slowly edge your way down which seems more like glitching in most cases. And it's just bothersome in general.

I personally have nothing to contribute to this thread, but it might amuse you/make you weep to watch TW1 trailer where Geralt casually jumps out of like a three story building and lands on his feet haha. Seems whatever potion he used back then is no longer relevant to him, I guess the (per Nenneke) "mortal" wound he got in that same trailer at the very end didn't leave any scars either--granted I think Geralt would look a bit strange with gigantic talon scars down the side of his face ;)

More complaining about the controls... Geralt needs an intermediate speed. Currently in 1.04, he switches from a walk to a run abruptly. Ideally, his speed would be analog, and respond identically to joystick movement, but at least one gear between 1st and 4th would be nice.

---------- Updated at 04:54 AM ----------

It would be nice to be able to use signposts from a horse.

This game is normal

To me this game is skyrin (imitation of ES: Oblivion this deserve a 10) improved. I dont know how this game is 92 metacritic, i dont see justice in this, you can only custume the gereld wear, diferent of Da inquisition that you can custume everything you have a base.
This is new generation we can do 400 hour games no 200 like was in old generation we can change this.
The game is good deserve a 8 no more. Need inovaton and travel in a boat to this generation is far to be inovative.
The better in game is gwent i trying yet complete my monsters cards.
The devs should create a indie game of gwent.

i would pay $10 to remove hand to hand combat

This is in my top 5 worst things in the game another broken just broken game mechanic. I have been avoiding it for awhile sense unless you mod your ps4 or spam a turbo pad you cant beat these battles yet i am now forced into a 2v1 bs fest for dandelion errr.

If cd red came out and said $10 dlc to remove all hand to hand combat and give you the trophy i would buy it in a heart beat

at level 22 i just defeated the 2 level 11 goons in the art studio it took me a fucking hour to do this what a crap system.

Last edited:
Key to boxing - riposte, punch, riposte/sidestep, punch. Once you get the hang of it, tis like beating up babies.

Spamming punch blindly (turbo even?) lol - u will get the living daylights beaten out of you :p

While I love the story, I'm very disappointed that I've seen or heard nothing of Iorveth or Saskia. Their arcs and characters built up so much in W2, only to see nothing of them, even in spite of my choices. It would be nice to see their characters expanded upon, in an expansion. Preferably a bigger scale storyline, as opposed to a mere cameo.

yeah that particular fight was pretty hard for me too -- there isn't much room to dodge. however, that doesn't mean fistfighting should be completely removed from the game. if you're personally not good at it, turn the difficulty down?

lolwut? I do these without taking damage most of the time.

This game isn't a button masher. Git gud or fail.

I like to see a video of that once the ai goes into block mode there is no way to do damage unless you back up and spam a button. Mgs on ps2 has better hand to hand than this crap

This! They've done it in past games, don't know why it was removed :(

A lot of stuff got canned:

1) The scene of Geralt meeting Emhir is completely redone - the original that took place in the tthrone room gave me chills, especially with Charles Dance (Tywin Lannister from Game OF Thrones) doing the voice-over for the Emperor. In the current scene he's employing this weird accent you can barely recognize it's him.

2) The Wild Hunt armor and character model for The Wild Hunt and that whole scene from the SOD with the burning village.

3) Character model for Yennefer.

I like to see a video of that once the ai goes into block mode there is no way to do damage unless you back up and spam a button. Mgs on ps2 has better hand to hand than this crap

You can beat every single encounter against one opponent by backing off, letting him throw a heavy punch, counter that punch and hit him twice. Rinse, repeat until dead/knocked out. The only somewhat difficult encounters are those against two opponents IF you play on Death March.

I'm afraid you are in the minority here in terms of requesting hand to hand combat to be removed for I believe majority of us have no problem with it. Like some posters above me have suggested, you can't mash buttons with the hope to win in hand to hand combat, you need patience and strategy too.

PS: I bet your prayer won't be answered even if you throw down a grand, let alone 10 bucks :thumbdown:

Fighting multiple hand to hand can be trying at times, but the AI is really bad in these fights. Normally if you just backstep a lot, gain some distance then only one will engage and one on one these fights are super easy. So yeah just don't charge at 2 or 3 enemies once.

Fighting more than 1 enemy in hand to hand, besides what others have said; ie if you keep your distance, usually only one will be coming at you.

Another useful tactic to use is trying to line them up in a straight line so the one behind wont get to you easily. Never get greedy when fighting more than 1 enemy, dont throw heavy punches unless you are sure that the other dude cant hit you, jab and sidestep cos in harder difficulty, couple of punches from them and u r out.

TOO MUCH XP!!! What can I do, except avoid half of the game intentionally??

I'm playing on the hardest difficulty, but this is just sad...

The recommended level to go to the Islands is 16, but that means I have to avoid almost ALL of the monster hunts and do a small fraction of the side-quests.
It also means that if I do choose to do them, then they're totally insignificant in terms of challenge.

Is there an XP reducing mod or something so I could enjoy the game without being ridiculously overpowered the whole time?!?! This game would be ten times better if all XP rewards were halved

That older UI definitely look much better than the current UI we have. Wonder why CDPR changed that but I would wager it's got to do with performance related problems across all platforms? Just a guess...

Top Bottom