• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
I posted these suggestions on another thread, I think they'll fix the game for us:

1) remove all random high level loot from grain sacks (rubies, dragon skin, recipies, etc)
2) reduce random loot by 80%
3) completely remove mutagen synergies
4) nerf the more unbalanced skills (bleeding wound, bomb splitting etc)
5) nerf quen (damage bleeds through when quen is broken, if the damage is more than the quen sign intensity, stamina does not recover while quen is up)
6) completely remove recipies from random crates and sacks
7) reduce XP overall by 30%, and from main quest line by 60% (way too much XP there. Most of it's there)

That should pretty much fix the game.
I'll mod it once I figure out how to mod this game :>

I can agree with most of that. I have no problems with recipes really as long as things are balanced elsewhere.

Nerfing by 60% seems too much though. More along a 20-30% guideline IMO. XP should still allow you to get where you want to go just make sure the abilities are more balanced.

I think removing all the loot would make the game a little boring. More damage from certain enemies is still something that they can tune to make the game harder and possibly some AI tweaks.

I can agree with most of that. I have no problems with recipes really as long as things are balanced elsewhere.

Nerfing by 60% seems too much though. More along a 20-30% guideline IMO. XP should still allow you to get where you want to go just make sure the abilities are more balanced.

I think removing all the loot would make the game a little boring. More damage from certain enemies is still something that they can tune to make the game harder and possibly some AI tweaks.

They need to remove the components. Finding swords/armors/gloves etc is OK, also recipes. I never spend money in materials because i always have a whole lot. When i land in skellige i just sell everything and stop looting bags/sacks (i just loot chest to make the game harder and buy things)

I agree too. In Witcher 2 this was also a problem. Too much damn loot. But simply reducing by a fair amount would be fine. I mean, I don't want to get into the habit of searching every box to find nothing in most of them either! But yes, removing some of the REALLY easy to find components, that SHOULD have only been in the easy modes to begin with, is what they need to do.

It is actually pretty amatuerish of them to have a mode like Death March being so imbalanced. They really need to have a talk with whoever is on this job because with each game they have made it is terrible.

With all do respect I love CD. I do. But this is a huge weakness of theirs.

Request: Please, let the console players pick language that they want! Im in UK region, I cant choose russian, but loading screen, game icon and achievements are on russian, what is showing that it shoul be there, but its not! Fix this problem please.. People cant play because of this... :facepalm:

Worst controls in any PC game I've played.

I rarely make threads anywhere like this one, and this post may get my Witcher Fan Boy Card revoked... but these are the worst controls in any PC game I have ever played... by far. These are bad.. the movement, the execution time, the "auto-ons"... We all knew the control scheme (as well as the GUI) was developed for a console controller from the start (and if you don't think so, guess why you get that "control scheme changed" message) but seriously, this is just bad. And I thought W2's controls were not up to par... but it is the way of the video game world: get on consoles, that's where the money is... we'll see what Cyberpunk will bring... can't get any worst, can it?

I posted these suggestions on another thread, I think they'll fix the game for us:

1) remove all random high level loot from grain sacks (rubies, dragon skin, recipies, etc)
2) reduce random loot by 80%
3) completely remove mutagen synergies
4) nerf the more unbalanced skills (bleeding wound, bomb splitting etc)
5) nerf quen (damage bleeds through when quen is broken, if the damage is more than the quen sign intensity, stamina does not recover while quen is up)
6) completely remove recipies from random crates and sacks
7) reduce XP overall by 30%, and from main quest line by 60% (way too much XP there. Most of it's there)
While there may be some slightly exaggerate point, there are some damn good suggestions in this post.

I'm also glad more and more people are starting to notice what I've been pointing for a while (even made a thread about it): there are some serious design problems around loot in this game, ranging from bloated over-abundance of stuff to pick up at every step to a general underwhelming sense of reward when you would expect to get something useful.

Well, tbh, I preferred DAI controls to this but only in so far as some of these seem a bit cumbersome.

As for being deigned for console, trust me, as a console user, your belief here is wayyyy off the mark. We only get one layout, it cannot be changed. At least you get key binding and such. You can map controllers on the PC. None of that is possible on consoles, not even slightly changing the buttons.

Playing with a controller the combat is fine. Even awesome at times.
There are issues about excessive inertia in the character's movement and some annoying inaccuracy when you are trying to interact with things/NPCs, but nothing deal-breaking, and most of this could honestly be fixed by some minor tweaks.

1) There are big issues with being in or out of combat. An option to disable auto-sheath would help, but the biggest problem is having combat state drop with archers around because then you can't parry. BTW, it's hard to kill ghouls with fists when this bugs out.

2.) Lack of camera zoom is a pain. Sometimes I want to back the camera off a bit, but Geralt always fills the screen. He's such a camera hog.

3.) There's a serious shortage of appropriate armor for Geralt. Lots of heavy or otherwise bulky armor, but what happened to the great styles in Witcher 2. Seriously, you guys at CDPR know this, you wouldn't have used the lowest level starting armor in most of the promotional materials if you didn't know it was the most aesthetically pleasing of the lot. "Does this Griffin armor make me look fat?" "If you have to ask..."

3a.) What happened to the concept design of the Ursine armor? It looked amazing with the fur collar.

3b.)Please tell me that Wolf School(Canine or Lupine) armor is coming soon complete with upgrades and treasure hunts.

4.) Having to select (equip) a sign makes no sense as a PC player. Actually it makes no sense at all, a sign is not a blade that must be equipped, it's a hand gesture, please let us cast from the 3-7 number keys and bind the Q key to something better like the crossbow or dodge.

In spite of these few issues, I am having the best time gaming since I played the first Gothic game a long long time ago. This is probably the best game I've played. ever. I hope some of these issues see some love. The signs needing to be 'equipped' and the lack of camera zoom almost seem like consolitis. The combat state issue is a huge pain. The Fat Witcher armor is something modders will inevitably fix if you guys don't get to it.

They take some getting used to, sure, but to say they're the worst? Seems a bit excessive. I've not had any real trouble with them at all.

Top Bottom