• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
@algroshaw You can fall from greater heights without taking fall damage by double tabbing the jump button right after your character makes the fall and your character will do body roll. You will still fall to your death if it's too high though.

Movement, movement, movement, movement.

The fact that Geralt is FORCED into some restricted combat mode whenever an enemy is around us is absolutely ridiculous. I have literally been mid jump, MID FRICKEN AIR, and a siren will fly into the picture, and Geralt will abandon the jump entirely, draw is sword, and fall to the ground to his death. I can sheathe my swords mid combat, great, but why cant I disengage combat mode manually!?! I need to be able to platform around the jumps and ledges, mid combat, to gain a better vantage, or ya know, to just loot the chest at the top of the friggen island you decided to put up there! Allow us, the player, more freedom to decide what geralt is going to do, every engagement is forced unless we run a far enough distance and the monster loses aggro, but we cant do that in situations like ontop of a building, or an island on a ledge where swinging with your sword will cause geralt to fight the monster, literally, off the cliff mid combo, which doesnt seem very witcher like in the first friggen place. how did this be deemed acceptable at launch?!

I rarely make threads anywhere like this one, and this post may get my Witcher Fan Boy Card revoked... but these are the worst controls in any PC game I have ever played... by far.

You obviously never played Dead Space when it came to PC.

The controls certainly have room for improvement, especially when compared to Witcher 2, but I'd hardly call them the "worst I've ever played". True, the responsiveness is slow; takes forever for Roach to actually start doing what I'm telling him to do, aiming the crossbow ignores what we've known about using a mouse for the last 17 years, often times I'll be pressing either fast attack or strong attack and Geralt will just keep auto-strafing but doing nothing else. I cannot directly cast each Sign like I could in W2, swimming and horse riding need a great deal of TLC before they will be more than frustrating. The game was a gigantic undertaking, and yes, it was refocused for consoles. With CDPR's pedigree in PC gaming, I'm sure the controls will come around once the major bugs are addressed.

Last edited:
I can think of a game with a much poorer control scheme and that is of Dragon Age: Inquisition. Terrible I say lol

You must be bonkers. At least in that game, if I wanted to loot something, I could loot it without hassle, and I actually looked forward to riding on my mount.

biggest beef: can't jump in combat, if you're fighting in a tight space and there are objects on the ground (i.e. fence so short its only for ants), you'd roll, collide with said object and get mauled to death.

my favourite thing is how good the side stuff is. i want to do the side stuff more than the main stuff. its just so good. its a first for me. I dislike skyrim, i thought da;i was meh.. I just don't like non-main narrative story.. but the side content in tw3 IS main narrative. love it.

unfortunately, side content limits replayability for me. I'd love to do both a triss and a yen playthrough- different decisions, but i think repeating the side stuff will deter me.

but for the first playthrough, its sublim

Roach controls horribly

The only other thing in this game that has made me yell angrily aside from just barely losing out on some boss battles has been Roach.

I'm sorry but her movement is awful.

Countless times she suddenly stops for seemingly no real reason. I do notice that when attempting to go over a bridge, there's a 90% chance she will rear up. This is OH SO FUN during some races.

Aside from that, she slows down randomly from a full gallop. Constantly bumping into things on the side of a path when She's just auto moving.. Will randomly veer off at sharp angles. She has no forward momentum when turning while moving at normal speed, so if you need to make a turn, she has to stop until you turn her in the direction you want to go, and then there's a start up delay for her to get in motion before she starts moving again.

Like seriously, what in the actual heck, folks? And yes, I'm going full on actual heck here, not some generic knockoff of heck.

So in short, I am willing to pay 5 bucks just for DLC that will send me on a 10 hour long quest that will give Roach better controls. Mount controls for example in Dragon Age Inquisition were perfect. I actually liked riding around on my mount in that game, where as here I just kind of sigh, grin and bear it.

Last edited:
Love the gray matter choice in the game but there are certain quest i really know could be preventable and not escalate so quickly. Luckily there are some side quest that gives me a room to breathe to deal my emotions and my feelings for the npc death.

biggest beef: can't jump in combat, if you're fighting in a tight space and there are objects on the ground (i.e. fence so short its only for ants), you'd roll, collide with said object and get mauled to death.

Agreed. This extends to ladders and vaulting as well. I was in a tower with a Griffin above me that was 12 levels higher than me. I couldn't climb down the ladder to escape, or climb up the ladder to be on the same level as him. I could fall to my death, or reload. If I sheath my sword, I should be able to interact with things imo.

You must be bonkers. At least in that game, if I wanted to loot something, I could loot it without hassle, and I actually looked forward to riding on my mount.

I am most definitely bonkers lol :) It may be that I came from DA:O and DA2 where if you wanted to interact with something you right clicked on it and you moved to it, not click, have nothing happen, then have to wasd to reach it then click. A little annoying in my opinion, but if it worked for you, that's awesome, just not what I consider a good design.

Never used the auto move on roads so wont comment on that. For the rest i actualy like how the controls behave and not behave makes me feel like i am riding a horse rather than driving a car .

Seems fine with me! Gotta agreed w/ horse race but its a different issue for pc. Like pressing shift sometimes it will not work then i need to load my save file to make shift key works.

Suggestion don't rely on auto movement just use it manually. How freaking hard is it to press another button and direct your horse? Like in the race i use manual controls directing Roach.

i would love this. so many POI are above my lvl but i don't want to have to re visit the whole world every 5 levels just to complete the couple i can now at a higher lvl and run from those i am still to weak at. if consoles cant have the ability to write give us pins (colour coding etc) that say enemy lvl -15-20, 20-25, 30-35 rtc. or even ability to hover over mark once discovered and this gives an enemy indication as quests etc currently do

Never used the auto move on roads so wont comment on that. For the rest i actualy like how the controls behave and not behave makes me feel like i am riding a horse rather than driving a car .

Good for you, but some of us don't like certain aspects of reality in our video games. For instance, Geralt never takes a dump or a piss one time in the game. It's not killing my immersion, and I'm not asking for Bathroom Break DLC.

Top Bottom