• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Still better than Skyrim's horse control so there is that. I mean I haven't been forced to load a save because my horse is stuck half-way through a door or rock so far.

Tho the spawn when you call him can be rather odd. Wistled for him earlier and he came trotting out of the front door of the tavern I was outside of

Good for you, but some of us don't like certain aspects of reality in our video games. For instance, Geralt never takes a dump or a piss one time in the game. It's not killing my immersion, and I'm not asking for Bathroom Break DLC.

I'd buy that DLC.

I'm mostly fine with the controls. It is really just the auto path following that causes me issues. Roach keeps running into fences, walls, and anything in the way and gets stuck. Outside of that, I'm happy.

I like the idea of automatically following roads, but roaches position on the paths could use some tweaking. It would also be handy to have a keyboard command for turning road following on or off.

I thought it's right up there with Red Dead Redemption actually, really feels like you're riding a horse with a mind of its own and not a vehicle.

All those and the XP design balance.

It should be lowered on the main quests to force you (like most RPGs) to go on secondary quests to lvl up and be able to handle the main one. Will make the game lifespam longer.

I have had no problems, on the opposite, I think is one of the most realistic, therefore hard, combat systems on an action/RPG game I have seen in quite a while. The jump could use some tweaking though.
Also, they should give you more options for controlling the camera THAT would be nice, or like I thread I started some time ago, allow a mode where everytime you block the camera centers itself, so you can focus on what's in front of you, something like the Zelda games you know?

I wouldn't play Witcher 3 solely for combat because I'm a fan of Witcher and I know the games well enough to not complain about it. This is an RPG, you are meant to get immersed into the story and experience the game. Combat is a side dish compared to the story, characters, choices and exploration. Combat serves it's purpose in my opinion. Would you complain about the combat in The Walking Dead or Silent Hill? If yes, then you're playing games for the wrong reason. If you like combat I recommend playing Dark Souls, which is an awesome game.

biggest beef: can't jump in combat, if you're fighting in a tight space and there are objects on the ground (i.e. fence so short its only for ants), you'd roll, collide with said object and get mauled to death.

A good Witcher should be aware of his surroundings. And besides... at least you have the ability to jump. That's a rare thing to see in open world RPGs games.

Last edited:
I don't see how the controls could be that hard for anyone. It's all really basic and barebones, It's not like you have two dozen skills to manage requiring you to use half the keys on your keyboard in a specific order. The combat can get kind of clunky at times but your just mashing the same few keys over and over and it even slows time down to a crawl so you can switch between the very few options you have (which again are only binded to 2 keys) other than simple sword slashes

Request CD Projekt "Low,Medium,High" Bloom, Depth of Field & Rays

If I can make a request to CD Projekt, you can implement the options for Bloom, Depth of Field & Rays to "Low - Medium - High" as you did for the "definition"?

Because yesterday I found out that the synchronization of voice / lips, it is because of these three options. (I'm not the only one who has this problem)

http://steamcommunity.com/app/292030/discussions/0/613958868364793037/

In fact, when the three options off the dialogues are perfect, it would be ideal if there is a way to put "Low, Medium, High" as "definition".

I'm certainly not saying you're not entitled to criticize whatever you like.

You might be in right in that saying something is a conscious design choice doesn't make it inarguably a right or correct choice, but it does make it the choice the developer has gone for. In the example running past all the random mobs you come across might be beneficial to you if you are prioritizing running through the story as fast as possible, and it might (and from my experience and your certainty likely does) cause you to level up faster, but that is not how everyone plays and it does not seem to be the way the game is geared.

Someone well familiar with the Metal Gear series (I'm excited for V) might be able to run through the game very quickly without caution because he/she has learned the timing of a level and can play about with the detection range of enemies. Just because this is a more efficient way of completing the game does not mean the next game in the series should be made to encourage that playstyle, nor does it mean that that playstyle (despite greater efficiency) is superior to the more deliberate pace generally associated with the series.

I'm more familiar with that series than I am with the Witcher series, but it seems to similarly favor immersion in the main character's previously established tendencies over the free form be who you will do what thou wilst design of Bethesda RPGs. While I wouldn't object to it being made optional, as you proposed, I'd be happier with CD Project Red continuing to make the choices that they feel best reflect their vision of the franchise and continuing to allow, and perhaps encourage, others to mod in such matters.

Improvement & Patch suggestions for this great game

I love The Witcher 3 and the series. I know CDPR loves to perfect their games and I thought after 140 hrs I would give some suggestions.

- Have a storage trunk for those of us who hoard in RPGs.

- Adjust the quest & map options so its easier to see where we have to do our 20 quests at. I hate having to go through 40 or so screens to see where all my quests are on the map.

- have a better save import setup from The Witcher 2. I've got 3 separate savegames from The Witcher 2 and I can't remember what options i chose on each. I'm +20 hrs in on my 2nd playthrough in Witcher 3 and i just realized that I loaded the wrong gamesave because Letho is dead.

- adjust the sword combat to require timing like in The Witcher 2. It feels a little hacky-slashy right now. Not to say it's not hard, but i'd love to introduce a bit more skill to the offense by requiring timing to hit combos. Or maybe this could be an option on the hardest difficulty.

- Add Option "Low, Medium, High" for Bloom, Depth of Field & Rays, please CD Projekt this cause problem no synch with voice/lips.

Last edited:
The game is damn awesome.. I have few issues like there where arm wrestling ang fighting mini games in witcher 2 which I can play anytime i was there for some money now Its open world i need alot of money but there is no such game where I can earn money. I can't even buy startup gear which u gives us as dlc. When i reached level 11 then I was able to afford it but then there was no need of buying it. Plus you should give us a choice to get medium or light or heavy armor . I m keep getting light armor everytime. And plz add the New Game Plus mode. I want to fully upgrade geralt and be a badass.. I am plaing on Death March difficulty I am loving it. But I also want to play it again with my same loot. And I want even more badass lot in New Game plus. That way the game will be more enjoyable.

I hate the Alchemy system!

I don't know if this is already mentioned but i'm just gonna voice my opinion as this is the general feedback thread and I got really frusterated with the game.

I really want to love the game and the first few hours I thought it was amazing but more and more little flaws, bugs and other problems start cropping up and is completely sucking the fun out of the game for me. So I'm just gonna list some of my biggest annoyances here and hope more people share my sentiments.

- I think the alchemy system is badly designed and I really hate it. I'm playing on death march because I want a challenge but I'm constantly navigating the inventory during fight as you only have 2 quick slots and potion durations are ridiculously short. It really starts to annoy me. I want to drink my potions before battle and not having to bother constantly about the duration and effect during battle. It adds an annoying layer of micro management I hate as I need to navigate the menu's during combat which breaks the flow.
Make the alchemy system like Witcher 1 with drinking and oiling animations so there's a risk doing it during battle and give potions longer duration. Also remove that dumb auto refill or make it optional and remove the 3 doses limitation. There's something wrong with the system as putting a lot of bottles of water or apple juice in my quick slot is more effective than using swallow as 1 dose of swallow doesn't even refill my health bar all the way! Potions are almost useless at the start and if you need to spend ability points in the alchemy tree to make them useful that's a design flaw in my book. Potions should be useful at start and become better when you're spending points.
I have alot of ingredients and no use for them. I can't even manually refill a dose of a certain potion or bomb I used. I have to meditate and waste an alcoholest even if I just used a single batch of bombs and want to refill those. Also I find "diluting" bombs with alcohol the dumbest, most unrealistic thing ever.
Another design flaw with alchemy is that I found enhanced versions of oils and bombs, I had the basic recipe but I hadn't crafted it yet as I was missing an ingredient. Now I have the enhanced version and the basic version is gone. But the basic version is an ingredient for the enhanced version so I can't make that potion or bomb at all anymore.
- Just remove the enhanced versions and give potions sensible stats. Or if you want some sense of progress or improvement, make the effect of potions scale with the quality of the ingredients used. For example, rare ingredients or ingredients from tough monsters increase potion effectivity. And this I mean with the system as it was in witcher 1 and 2 where you have different ingredient categories and several substitues for each category.

TL;DR
Witcher 3 alchemy system is bad! Make it more like Witcher 1!

- Another thing is the ability system. I'm also constantly micro managing that. Putting on sun & stars to regenerate, putting on arrow deflect once I see bandits, etc, etc. I just want to unlock abilities and not bother about it anymore. Now I'm constantly min- maxing for each situation. I don't like it but it's not as bad as the alchemy system.

- I want to go manually in and out of combat stance as I got killed by arrows cause Geralt refused to parry as I was too far from the archer. And I got killed by a Golem because I wanted to roll so I tapped the A button which resulted in a sprint of just 1 small step and got me killed because Geralt wasn't in combat mode for some reason.

- Don't make Geralt automatically sheathe his sword on foot and horseback. On horseback it's most annoying as he puts his sword away after I passed enemies and trying to turn around for another attack only swinging too late cause he put his sword away and has to redraw it.

- Allow you too look around freely with the right-analog camera on horseback without having Roach change direction.

- Have storage boxes at inns like in the previous games to store items from your inventory.

- Fix the stats of skills, consumables and alchemy items please.

- Water looks weird and unrealistic to me. The shape of the waves, colour and reflections on the water just look off to me. It could be a bug.

Thanks for reading.

With so many ingredients that are needed, it might be helpful to list a location as to where certain flowering plants grow. In the Alchemy System, currently there's no way to figure out where to find things. Right now, I'm trying to find some Arenaria to create a Specter Oil. I found 3 of them, but who knows where to find more growing? Also checked with the merchant in the area, and he's neither selling Arenaria or Specter Oils.

Now, to refer to plan B; to go back to an Alchemist's Shop. :)

While I'm thinking of it......while this might be a really, really difficult thing to code, considering the dozens of items found in the world, from flowers to metal bits and so on and so forth......it would still be very interesting to allow players to create their own decoctions from random ingredients, perhaps to allow them to discover for themselves what they may come up with. Maybe they'll get lucky and combine two ingredients together and create an oil formula that they would've had to find or purchase later on? This would definitely put the incentive on the player to create their own things, and also dabble in alchemy a bit more, instead of having the blueprints laid out for them.

Last edited:
Witcher 3 at second glance. Bugs and suggestions. Game feels EARLY ACCESS.

I will edit this post when I wake up, because I just played 18 hours straight and just felt like letting off of some steam in the forums.

1. Gear stats not working properly, not being calculated or even accounted for at some points. Some armor may have +15% sign intensity and it doesn't add anything for example, critical hit damage calculations are so fubar etc etc. +75% critical hit damage should be a MAJOR advantage to +20 damage and no critical hit damage. But it's not. With all these stat bugs it's impossible to tell what gear to use. I'm currently running Cat School Techniques but it doesn't seem to be very awarding, melee-damage wise, due to some calculations or the lack of it.
2. Gear variety - there is none, for example I've been stuck with the 10% critical chance gloves now, and I wont ever change that because it's simply too powerful with 10%, I haven't seen a trace of any gloves that could be up to a par of 30% of these gloves. This applies to everything from weapons to boots.
3. Mutagen powers resetting after each load.
4. -Deleted- (quest bugs, but that's getting fixed :))
5. Movement under water, but no major issue, just drowned a few times due to weird controls.
6. The game simply needs more items.
7. Great rewards obtained from chests, mainly relic swords, are so bad compared to the craftable gear that there is no point even looking for them. It's just a nice money-boost selling it. And what to do with the money? I'm up to 140k now and I can't seem to find anything to spend it on, give me some horses to buy or something.
8. Better categorizations in the inventory, it's very messy right now. And there really needs to be a bank, because I can't haul around with 100 tons of ores, herbs and whatever their names.
9. More Red Mutagens, green and blue are so easy to find whilst red are extremely rare.
10. When you complete quests in a village and they praise you and tell you that you are forever welcome in their little cozy village by the sea - they still keep spitting on you when you walk past, not saying "Oh look there's the great saviour that moved the god damn Tower Outta Nowheres." The dynamic social interactions are lacking and it makes it feel cheap, no short-cuts are allowed in this game because it is so damn great overall.
11. All the "Exploration", question marks etc are not worth the effort. I'm a completionist myself and there isn't a single question mark in Velen or Novigrad and I'm almost done with Skellige isles. It isn't REWARDING. A monster den here, a guarded shit sword there, a bandit camp up the hill, same things all over. The really good things though are the depth in side quests which has made me praise this game, but the other things - make secrets worth discovering.
12. Remove the "50% mounted damage and no horse Fear level" decotion. It's too powerful, really, outdoor lv. 30 monsters are beatable as level 10 with Roach. Might take you 15 minutes, but its still possible to not get hit.
13. Creature AI - Sometimes I wonder what the heck that lone bandit is doing at a tree, with a shield and mace watching his fellow companions' limbs getting severed.

I read the "MOST REQUESTED" changes for 1.05 and I can't understand how the gear-stats, DPS shown, mutagen bug etc couldn't be listed in there? It's extremely annoying.

Ignore stupid(sorry) things people suggest that doesn't fix the game as it is right now. You need to focus on getting out of early access feelings at this point. I don't feel like coming up with suggestions for you how to fix things - I know that you know what needs to be done, but it needs to happen faster, it's the most anticipated game streching 5 years. The patch notes so far have been lacking things easily fixable that I'm sure you are aware of.

I have 9 days total playtime since release and I've just been playing 18 hours straight, haven't gone to bed before 11 in the morning since release pretty much. I totally love the game, might be top 3 best games ever. But I could go on with 30 more points of things that aren't in order that needs to be fixed before you add other things, and those things are things that SHOULD HAVE BEEN FIXED AT THE POINT OF THE RELEASE, HIRE MORE STAFF. I feel like having a months break, just to be able to have fun in the game again instead of being frustrated.

---------- Updated at 09:11 AM ----------

I posted these suggestions on another thread, I think they'll fix the game for us:

1) remove all random high level loot from grain sacks (rubies, dragon skin, recipies, etc)
2) reduce random loot by 80%
3) completely remove mutagen synergies
4) nerf the more unbalanced skills (bleeding wound, bomb splitting etc)
5) nerf quen (damage bleeds through when quen is broken, if the damage is more than the quen sign intensity, stamina does not recover while quen is up)
6) completely remove recipies from random crates and sacks
7) reduce XP overall by 30%, and from main quest line by 60% (way too much XP there. Most of it's there)

That should pretty much fix the game.
I'll mod it once I figure out how to mod this game :>

Contrary to what some people say, giving enemies even more damage and health won't work. It'll just start feeling all wrong, when you plonk away at a guy for 15 minutes and barely do anything. No, that's a crappy inelegant solution. It's everything around it that needs to change. Don't make the witcher weaker, just make him have to work harder to be strong..

Right now I don't need to work at all..
Starting level quen is good enough (on death march there's little reason to upgrade it because it'll break on any attack anyway, more or less), and I pick up all I need from corposes or crates. Be it weapons and armor that suit my level, or recipies, high level ingredients, whatever. I just go and do quests and kill things without ever needing to prepare in any way

If you think that's enough to fix the game I don't know if you are playing the same game as I am.

Weight breakdown wish for future patch

Grand scheme of things, pretty small so please don't think I'm asking for this vs. larger concerns. However, every patch usually has room for small stuff that adds (hopefully) a good bit to QOL (quality of life) improvements.

One such wish is simply this - on the existing tabs (equipment, alchemy/crafting, junk, etc - I wish there was a simple weight breakdown at bottom for all items in that tab.

You could tell at a glance then which kind of loot/gear is the main culprit in weighing you down when you need to make weight management choices.

Mousing over each individual item takes a ton of time to find that 1-2 big weight items, and I find I don't really even know which tab it might be in. Yes, I always look at junk first for the obvious culprit - hides - but once I count up al my hides, I'm always like 30 lbs short of explaining my total burden so I start digging in at all the other tabs.

Just would be nice to see a running total by each tab as well as the existing grand total for all weight.

Top Bottom