• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Since there is so much loot it would really be helpful to have a small icon in inventory, near our equipment's part, telling us, that we possibly have a better sword or armore, or we could make one now.

Remove Levels

seriously.

The level and xp system does not really add to this game. In my opinion, it was a wrong decision. I know many RPG enthusiast can not immagine an RPG without levels. So this is how it could be done and how it would feel:

• flat progression. Geralt is at the beginning of the game nearly as strong and trained as he is in the end. This does not mean that there is no progression. Items would matter, and so would adequate preparation for the fight. Skillpoints are fine, you should get skillpoints but not from levelling up but as a reward for (some) quests, or find them hidden in the world (consume an item, interact with something, place of power).
  • Difficulty: You can no longer outlevel stuff. A wolf pack in Velen could be as dangerous as a wolf pack on Ard Skellig. If you are very well equipped and have a lot of skillpoints used, wolfs would still become one-hits and you would not take that much damage if they hit you. And a Forktail in Velen would still be a Forktail and thus dangerous, and you should never be able to attack it in underwear just because you are level 30 and he is level 13. Running trough swamps one-hitting stuff would only be possible in the very endgame.
  • Immersion: you would never have to explain to someone, why Geralt is weak at the Beginning and dies fighting Drowners in White Orchard but in the end he one-shoots them with his crossbow. No longer levelled Weapons (a sword is a sword, why shouldn't he be able to use it? He knows what to do with a sword. Stick them with the pointy end...), but rare and hard to find Items, and Items you will only get from doing some quests or main story parts.
  • Mutagens: They could bring mutagens back as an addition to skillpoints, allowing real progression and character development. Granting higher resistance to poison or elemental damage, for example, or give more stamina or adrenalin points. Mutagens could be consumed to get permanent stat increases.
  • Skills: Then you would no longer need skillpoints to increase stats and numbers. Runes and Mutagens would do the trick. Instead, Skillpoints would be used to actually learn new moves or unlock certain new abilities. There wouldn't be so many skills as there are now, but the skills would feel more important and powerful.

ofc this will never happen. but this is not the last game CDPR creates.

Normally I'd consider no levels in a Witcher game a heresy but this is actually a pretty interesting take. I also feel there's a problem with the skilltree and the itemization in this game and it seems this would solve in an elegant way.

One thing I would change - remove crafting. Serously. Crafting always destroys the itemization balance in any game. Because either you can craft truly awesome stuff and then the loot you find in the world become pointless (which is the sad case in TW3). Or the loot you can find is awesome and then crafting is pointless. Can't have both. Crafting is evil.

Would love to have a "set player waypoint at nearest marker" function (preferably keybound).

Also, it has probably been brought up before, but please unlock the quickslots. Better yet, add more.

Although I realize spending time in menus an inherent aspect of RPGs to some degree, you should strife to keep the player out of menus and in the world as much as possible. This goes doubly for mundane tasks such as potion/bomb switching.

Overburdend Camera View

So I just realised that I had been playing while overburdened for the last few hours, and thoroughly prefer this camera angle for exploration. Being overburdened doesn't affect combat, OR the combat camera... Or the ability to jump - so nothing lost there. Similarly, if I want to travel swiftly, I just wistle for Roach, and again travel speed is not affected.

So here's my question, why can we not choose this camera angle in the options menu? It could simply default back to the combat camera during combat, so that comabat gameplay is not affcted (heck why cant we have a closer combat view anyway?)

CDPR can you guys please look into this? If the PC guys can mod this and prove that it can be done, then why not just alow it as an option? Especially as there are thousands of others who would prefer closer camera view.

Last edited:
I'll 2nd this suggestion. I'd like the option to have the camera a little closer if I wished. Puts you a little closer to the action and makes things seem more weighty and real.

Great game ever, but I would like to note the following suggestions/bugs:

- Controlling the Witcher needs fixing, Witcher should not step forward when fighting unless I move him forward.
- Witcher should not step one step forward when dismounting.
- Witcher should stop at once when I stop moving.
- Better spawn places of the horse when summoned, now the horse spawn inside houses sometimes.
- How possible a horse that cannot jump, please give the horse ability to jump.
- More sorting option in the bags, specially the crafting tab, sorting by level would be nice.
- The movement control act like console, please make them as PC, Witcher should start moving as soon as I press.
- Like to know how much I will be healed by using food and drink.
- Hide UI shortcut key bind, great for taking screenshots.
- A key on the map to move the map to the location of the current tracked quest.
- Option to show collected untracked quests locations on map.
- There is a bug where while using the bomb (slow time), if I dodge I will lose the bomb without using it.

Last edited:
I'm begging you at this point, please add controller bindings for toggle run/walk, or add an option in menu for default movement to be walk, something. I haven't played for ten days because the movement is so uncomfortable and clunky. I know I'm not alone, but people seemed to have just powered through and continued playing. This is simple and dumb for many I think, but pivotal to me and many others. I don't think the request is ridiculous because the keyboard has CTRL for the toggle; I'd just like controller support for that same toggle please.

Patch 1.05 Breakes Mytagen Creation

Now it is impossible to make 2nd of the kind, as we "already have it". Did you intentionally limited player choice of build? Or is it a bug and now to create a bigger mutagen we have to drop the one we already have?

Thanks for 1.05 now will you PLEASE fix Combat and Autosheathing

I don't know what else to say. I'm astounded that this was implemented in the game at all. I've been playing this game since 1.03. I'm now level 20 and on Skellige, and the combat is so frustrating that I'm on the verge of giving up the game. I have to fight the game to play the game. The inertia, the madness with "combat states": not being able to react to range attacks in any way until Geralt "engages" and then not being able to navigate the environment while in combat... it's a mess. And every single last time Geralt puts his sword away while I am looking at the next enemy approaching me... it's a rage fest. I don't like being negative, and I have been a die hard fan of this series since the beginning, but the ants at the picnic are ruining the experience.

So, the short version is: this is a priority. Control of Geralt needs to be returned to the player. That means faster and more subtle responses to input, so that Geralt isn't dashing back and forth over the loot at his feet. It means giving the player the ability to decide what "state" Geralt is in. It means being able to leap from level to level while under attack from harpies or sirens. It means being able to dodge or parry arrows that are fired at him without the game deciding whether Geralt is aware of the attack or not. And, now please forgive me for being blunt, this should all be common sense.

Okay, I'll stop ranting and return to the first word of the title. Thanks. I'm only complaining because the game is so close to being one of the best gaming experiences in the last decade. It's just the ants at the picnic...

I agree. I'm disappointed that there's no zoom-in option (or zoom-out for those who prefer it), and Geralt is so far from the camera. Not being able to run is the only issue for me – I wish there was a way around this. Ideally, I would've liked to have the same camera distance as in Witcher 2.

Last edited:
You can at least reflect arrows even if you are not in the range now. That alone is a refreshment for me. So far I'm happy with the game. I'm sure the next patch will address the combat problems even further.

Dear CDPR,

Can you please make it so you can disable the enemy health-bar, without disabling the skull icon that appears for high-level enemies? I'd like separate options for the following:

"Enable Enemy Health Bar"
"Enable Skull Indicator"
"Enable Level Indicator"

I want to play with enemy health bars disabled (they ruin immersion) but also know when an enemy is a way higher level than me.

---------- Updated at 08:07 PM ----------

Suggestion 2: Please let me disable the minimap, but keep a compass that shows the direction and distance of objectives. (Skyrim does this best.)

Suggestion 3: On the map screen, please let me see an indicator for every quest location, instead of just the active quest. (Currently, I have to toggle between every quest in my log to figure out which ones are closest.) Make the inactive ones a different color, so I can tell them apart.

I agree. I'm disappointed that there's no zoom-in option (or zoom-out for those who prefer it).

I really don't understand what the problem is that CDPR didn't implement a closer cam view for normal exploration. I mean, it's already coded in there for when you're overburdened. I canlt imagine that it'll be at all hard to implement.

Make it so CDPR :)

Yeah. Autosheathe hate. Also hate all of the controls that feel like the game is fighting with me to get anything done. Swimming, for instance, is just maddening. As is trying to explore an interior when Geralt won't jog but is stuck in walk mode with the camera so close to him that it's hard to see around his head, as is seeing a ledge that looks scalable but trying to climb it only results in Geralt bouncing around underneath it, leaving me wondering if I'm just doing it wrong or if that's the wrong way to go. Oh... and quest: "The Last Wish" really needs to tell you to take a seat at the prow. I fell in the water something like half a dozen times before googling the answer. I didn't even know you COULD sit at the prow.

Ugh... I want to write more love and thank you posts. I mean the writing, the story, the artwork, and the sheer scope of the game are just magnificent. But yeah! LOL Somebody needs to tame that damn skunk.

There is something really wrong with the forum today. I'm having a hell of a time posting.

Last edited:
Multiple Quest Indicators Live, More Fighting Moves, Allways loved Shield and sword type of Character Build, Different Horses to choose from, Gwent as Online Card Game (Maybe off topic)

Well it's only a priority if everyone has it. Personally I've not had an issue with the controls and the auto sheath only happens when you leave the combat. I really don't see the issue. I've never had him sheath if an enemy is nearby.

Hi, I don't know if those have been mentioned before, if so then let me +1 those requests.

Allow Geralt to climb with sword drawn, if there is an archer on a SLIGHT elevation I can't climb just a couple of feet up, instead I must go around. Maybe holding "B" would override dodge?

We should be able to parry arrows at a longer distance, right now if there is an enemy bandit shooting at Geralt from away pressing L2 will go into witcher senses instead of parrying the attack.

Option to track required reagents for alchemy/crafting, so they are highlighted in the world and in the shopping interface?

Smoother transition between walk/run? Maybe add a jogging animation?

And this damn horse constantly stopping in odd places, can barely ride thought cities but 1.05 had some fixes listed, I hope that has been sorted out :) Going to check soon :)

I usually don't post anything like it but the game is so close to being perfectly executed I really hope the remaining minor issues will be resolved.

Top Bottom