• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
That's like... your opinion man. M&K are fine. As for parry and interact under "e", check this:

I managed to edit the input file to better suit my play style.
for some mysterious reason we couldn't bind use/interact and block/parry to a single key. now they're both bound to E. these actions would never overlap each other, the former is only outside combat and the latter is only during combat. you could use my edited file; just paste it in documents/the witcher 3, then launch the game and edit the key binding settings. however you must not change use/interact or block/parry and keep in mind not to bind any other action to E.
I also tried to make tabbing space for dodge and holding space for roll, but so far doing so prevents me from rolling. I'll upload the file again once I've managed to debug this issue.

this file is only tested for v1.04.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ybo4bcwa6z69uc9/input.settings

I actually vastly prefer them to the controller, and it makes controlling Geralt and the flow of combat much easier to do.

I also moved things around at the start, but changed some things back to default. Like I preferred strong attack to be right click like in the second game, but since they changed how parry works so it's a timing thing I actually prefer parry being there so just use shift+left click for strong attacks, not that difficult.

I do not like how E is stuck for interacting with boats, getting off them anyways, even if you change the interact key to F like I prefer, means I can't use E for a potion have to use T instead, so E is mostly unused unless getting off a boat.

I actually vastly prefer them to the controller, and it makes controlling Geralt and the flow of combat much easier to do.

I also moved things around at the start, but changed some things back to default. Like I preferred strong attack to be right click like in the second game, but since they changed how parry works so it's a timing thing I actually prefer parry being there so just use shift+left click for strong attacks, not that difficult.

I do not like how E is stuck for interacting with boats, getting off them anyways, even if you change the interact key to F like I prefer, means I can't use E for a potion have to use T instead, so E is mostly unused unless getting off a boat.
Ya I'm running into the same problem with the parry so I'm basically not using it and rolling around instead.

I tried the controller and I was able to easily destory groups of monsters that I struggled with on m/kb. This is what I mean by broken tho. On the hardest difficult m/kb is basically unplayable because the controls are unresponsive.

Is there anyone who finds the game well balanced?

You know when you wonder: nobody told them they were messing it up, how is that possible?
We've talked about this before, but I want an update now that some of us have finished it: isn't the leveling system a complete mess? Whatever you do you end up out-leveling quests, the difficulty level is inconsistent and not being rewarded for quests is disappointing.
I think such a huge open world can't walk away from having enemies and quests scaling to your level. There are too many variables for a decent balancing.

Is there even one of you who thought the game was well balanced?

P.S. I'm just level 19, still in Novigrad, doing the mistake of waiting for Skellige, with the idea quests will be of higher level.

Ya I'm running into the same problem with the parry so I'm basically not using it and rolling around instead.

I tried the controller and I was able to easily destory groups of monsters that I struggled with on m/kb. This is what I mean by broken tho. On the hardest difficult m/kb is basically unplayable because the controls are unresponsive.

I play on the highest difficulty and I don't find it very difficult with mouse and keyboard. The big thing is that you need to dodge a lot and alt is a terrible keybind for dodge, so as long as you move that somewhere more comfortable, mouse 4 for me, it's fine, and having better control over the camera makes the fights easier to me since I can designate who I want to attack better.

*raises hand*

Me. And I also think there's nothing worse (and I do mean NOTHING) than scaling enemies and quests in RPGs. And especially with that, I know I'm not alone.

Can you explain further?
Didn't you feel "forced into a path" if you wanted to stay at the same level of the main quest?

I'm about to out-level the main quest of 9 levels. That means there will be 0 challenge, just because I dared exploring the world. How is this good?

No ... The difficulty curve is very bad implemented. Game starts balanced, but as soon as you get to level 8 or so, everything becomes easy. Even with the new patch gray quests are awarding 5 exp points, wtf. The game is very bad balanced.

I feel Velen/Novigrad is fine, I did *everything* and I was level 20 by the end. I was thinking Skellige would be level 20+, but nope. I think Skellige needs a dramatic increase in quest levels and mob levels. Going there earlier, should result in getting destroyed or having a very hard time to encourage lower level players to go back to Velen/Novigrad and finish everything up.

No ... The difficulty curve is very bad implemented. Game starts balanced, but as soon as you get to level 8 or so, everything becomes easy. Even with the new patch gray quests are awarding 5 exp points, wtf. The game is very bad balanced.

Speaking on death march:
I feel the first 8 hours or so are pretty hard.
The next 50 hours it's ideal, then you step out of Velen/Novigrad.
Entering Skellige, the next 50 hours become brutally easier with every level you get.

Hopefully we don't have to rely on modders to fix this, like with did with TW2. They simply need to buff Skellige in my opinion, 5-10 levels across the board.

Last edited:
Speaking on death march:
I feel the first 8 hours or so are pretty hard.
The next 50 hours it's ideal, then you step out of Velen/Novigrad.
Entering Skellige, the next 50 hours become brutally easier with every level you get.

Hopefully we don't have to rely on modders to fix this, like with did with TW2. They simply need to buff Skellige in my opinion, 5-10 levels across the board.

Chances of that happening? I feel like as long as nobody talks about it, they won't do anything.
Don't think many reviews even mentioned the problem (understandably as they probably just did a bunch of side-quests).

Your experience does not mean mouse and keyboard is "broken", or unplayable by any means. It simply means you can't seem to find a way to make it work. Plenty of people do. I find them superior to a controller.

I still think they need to reformulate the Sword and Story difficulty curve. Make the game balanced, keep monsters interesting to fight against. Don't necessarily need to be extreme hard, just keep it balanced and allow for some overpower enjoyment only around the game's 30% final parts. Hard Level and Very Hard should be more extreme then. But first the Normal level must be corrected. The balance is too bad.

Can you explain further?

Scaling enemies turn the game into an endless hamster wheel. What's the point of leveling up if everything just levels up along with me? If I've been playing for 50 hours, I should be able to mop the floor with mooks from the game's early areas. Also, I don't like the term "immersion breaking" because it's so overused, but that's kinda what it is. Why would the same enemies get stronger when I get stronger? It doesn't make any sense.

And I don't feel like I'm being railroaded into doing things a certain way either. Clearly, the reason why XP yield is distributed the way it is now is so that you don't have to do a ton of sidequesting if you don't want to - for those people who just want to play the game for the main story. The Witcher games have always been about story, and CDPR had to anticipate that there would be a sizeable portion of their existing fanbase that wouldn't be interested in checking off "points of interest" on the map. So you can do that if you want, or you can do a lot of sidequests, but then you won't get any XP from the main story quests when you get around to them, or very little, anyway. That makes perfect sense to me. The only other option would have been to either make the story quests so difficult that you have to do 5 hours of sidequesting after each one to level up, i.e. turn the game into a giant chore, or scaling enemies, which is the ultimate no-no of RPG game mechanics for me.

To be honest my first play through was with only physical tree and i had tone of fun. Skill like Deadly precision is way too broken... killing staff like level 26 stone troll on single hit is just fun to watch. When i get whirl i felt like i become 10x time stronger if it get used correctly. All the Battle trance are very good as passive abilities. Dont know how many times undying skill saved my little ass during boss fights. all of my point i invested in defence skill fast attack skill and battle trance passive skill. I know it is not the strongest build but it is pretty good for hit and run tactic which i really enjoy. If i have to maximise my tree i would definitely use other skill from different tress like melting armour by using igni or cat school technique from utility tree. It is all up to player which playstayle he want to play game and witch skill will help him achieve it.

I wish they would turn off the dirty camera effects. I find them to be really distracting to the beautiful environment. Why does there need to be a dirty camera in this adventure.

I've been having fun playing on blood and broken bones and feel like everything is pretty smooth balance wise. Only thing that seems a little OP is Quen at the moment because if I need to heal I can just use that to get my health back. Although it slows combat down enough that I guess that is the downside to fighting that way because the fight takes a long time if you are relying on that.

Only other gripes I would have is the combat tree seems a little underpowered and the monsters seem to stay the same difficulty if not getting easier as time goes on. But I am WAY overleveled for where I am in the story I think. But if I need a challenge to piss me off I can just take a high level contract if I feel like yelling at my screen for awhile.

Scaling enemies turn the game into an endless hamster wheel. What's the point of leveling up if everything just levels up along with me?
The point is that you get more options to play the game and beat your enemys, to become stronger, but not overpowered. That is the very reason. Want to onehit every mob from the beginning? Play on easy mode, better yet, watch a movie. For there would nothing be to play anymore.

If I've been playing for 50 hours, I should be able to mop the floor with mooks from the game's early areas. Also, I don't like the term "immersion breaking" because it's so overused, but that's kinda what it is. Why would the same enemies get stronger when I get stronger? It doesn't make any sense.
It does make sense for balance, just imagine the boy who once killed Geralt with the pitchfork wouldn't be able to hurt him because he "outleveled" him, like his skin turned to iron and made him invincible, lol :p

And I don't feel like I'm being railroaded into doing things a certain way either. Clearly, the reason why XP yield is distributed the way it is now is so that you don't have to do a ton of sidequesting if you don't want to - for those people who just want to play the game for the main story. The Witcher games have always been about story, and CDPR had to anticipate that there would be a sizeable portion of their existing fanbase that wouldn't be interested in checking off "points of interest" on the map. So you can do that if you want, or you can do a lot of sidequests, but then you won't get any XP from the main story quests when you get around to them, or very little, anyway. That makes perfect sense to me. The only other option would have been to either make the story quests so difficult that you have to do 5 hours of sidequesting after each one to level up, i.e. turn the game into a giant chore, or scaling enemies, which is the ultimate no-no of RPG game mechanics for me.
So it makes perfect sense to you, that you don't get any exp for the mainquest when doing sidequests, and vise versa? Getting rewarded for work is the very fundament of every game. Noone would play a game where you have no challange or nothing to collect (like exp, perks etc.) because you could just watch a movie instead.
If I would be the boss of a videgamecompany and someone like you would work for me, you'd get fired in a blink, that I promise you.

Indicator on what level you're supposed to make every quest was unnecessary. Only info you need is which quests are way higher than your current lvl and that could be done with red skull. ALso while I do agree that scalling enemies is lazy soluttion, for main quest - and main quest only - it would be better sollution thatn what we have now.

Not for me! CD Project really did a good job in controls for mouse/ keyboard. Also they add a lot of options for pc user in there newer patch. Even improve swimming animation. I totally have no more complains w/ swimming animation in there newest patch but they could done better w/ underwater combat make drowners quite dangerous in underwater instead of killing them w/ one shot. Hopefully the combat animation will be fluid like the swimming animation.

Here we go again controllers war lol!:huh:
Personally it really depends on a person play style. I still much prefer mouse and keyboard.

Last edited:
Top Bottom