• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
I think its not the exact quote bc I have French version, but "don't listen to that bitch, she's always whining!"

I wish they would turn off the dirty camera effects. I find them to be really distracting to the beautiful environment. Why does there need to be a dirty camera in this adventure.

Because there's lots and lots of mud and no lens cleaners.

(+1 on making it configurable. Personally I'm fine with the effect but I'm always for configurable.)

Problems with question mark encounters

I found a few question mark encounters to be absurd because the guardian was a level 20 mob and the treasure was level 10 or something, like myself. There are some of these around the Coast of Broken Ships, in Velen, to the south of it.

It has no reason to be like that because if you are lvl 20 when you kill the lvl 20 mob you will not need the lvl 10 gear. I think the question mark quests should have guardians in harmony with the loot they drop and in harmony with the expected level of the character that strolls around that zone. Why have level 20 mobs in Velen if its not a tresure hunt or some other important quest? Velen should be a 6-15 zone, Novigrad 15-20 and Skelliger 20-35. I also see a lot of sirens level 13 in Skelliger, but no1 goes there at level 13, people go to Skelliger at 18+ so it should have higher level mobs, the minimum should be 18 or 20 imo. But still possible to level up.

We also need a bank and maybe an improvement for the inventory, some filters. Great game, game of the year most likely, if they add imba expansions and refine it.... it will be the best open world rpg hands down, gg.

Last edited:
There is some loot scaling in the game. For instance you can do a pretty long side quest that is way above your level, but the sword you get as a reward is scaled down so you can use it now. If you craft that same sword later it will be a much higher level.

Some of My Ideas (with mock-ups!)

Haven't finished the game yet, but here are my suggestions right now. Will perhaps add more as I progress. They are listed roughly in order from what I think to be most important to least. For the HUD/GUI improvements I've made mock-ups to see what people think. Pretend this is a patch notes section and see how you feel about it.

Apologies if this should be in the Suggestions sticky thread, but I put a lot of time into this post and didn't want it to get buried. If that's wrong, by all means move this to the appropriate thread and accept my apologies.

- Completely reformat the inventory into these sections:
  • Equipment (modified),
  • Witcher Gear (more on this below),
  • Food (new),
  • Alchemical Ingredients (modified),
  • Other (unchanged),
  • Quest Items (unchanged) (in this order, too. Quest items should be at the end, as the most important and because you cannot get rid of them. Their job is to be looked at, that's all).

Firstly, move ALL collected documents to a separate glossary page which is separated into documents and quest documents. Like many others I adore every scrap of lore and information written in the game, and so it's very hard to throw away any of the collected documents, but also very irritating having to scroll through them all to get to my oils, potions and other things. It's also very inconvenient to have to highlight each one to see what it is. Headings perhaps like notes, maps, books, letters, contracts, etc., but the different pages for documents and quest documents is important. A small note in grey next to the header that says where the document was picked up would also be amazing, as there are tons of miscellaneous things like 'scribbled note', 'sodden note', etc. Knowing where you found a document is almost as important as the document itself. Geralt has a good memory, I however do not.

Mock-up:
http://i.imgur.com/ITvcfj5.png

The Witcher Gear tab would be for your potions, reorganised from a random sorting of bottles to a grid containing one slot for each and every one, with a question mark for undiscovered/uncrafted bottles. I recommend not saying on sceen what the undiscovered bottle/bomb is if those tiles are highlighted. There'd be a section for oils, one for potions, one for decoctions, and one for bombs. They are permanent fixtures once you've made them, so it would make sense that they're always in the same place, easy for players to learn and remember each one rather than having to scan for the right colour bottle (especially since a few share the same or very similar colours).

Mock-up:
http://i.imgur.com/F2UQeTy.png

Mock-up with notes:
http://i.imgur.com/cpBpZA2.png

(Things aren't really in the right order, potions should probably be first or second, they aren't arranged right, but you get the idea).

I think this is most important to organise the witcher gear tab, but if you create this functionality it would be excellent to extend this to the other tabs too. Sorting runes, weapons, maintenance kits, armours into their own sections would be great, as well as putting monster ingredients, plants and mutagens into separate frames as well (not separate tabs, just under their own heading under the same tabs, as in my mock-up).

- Ability to sort equipment/food/alchemical indredients/misc items by newest first, name, type, value, and weight in shop screens.

- When in mouse/keyboard mode in the inventory screen, show the item's tooltip where it usually appears for controller mode, NOT next to the cursor where it obscures the rest of the inventory and leaves that space in the bottom left unused.

- Move 'Gwent Deck' from the main menu to the pause screen along with the inventory, alchemy and such icons. It makes more sense there as a gameplay element, not an options and game management element. Also move 'Crafting' from the glossary to the main bar, next to Alchemy.

Mock-up:
http://i.imgur.com/4WJT5Bc.png

- HUD additions and changes:
  • Exclusive food quickslot
  • Oils HUD display (toggleable in options)
  • Equipment enhancements display (toggleable in options)
  • New recipe display (toggleable in options)
  • Signpost pointer (toggleable in options)

- The ability to consume food items without pausing the game, opening the inventory, switching to Usable (or food tab) Items, equipping your chunk of honeycomb, exiting the menu, eating it, then heading back to do the same thing again to re-equip your much more important potions. I'd settle for being able to eat something whilst still in inventory screen, but seeing as food cycles automatically in your equipment slot (I like that) it would make more sense to have a permanent food quickslot along with the other two for potions. This is especially true on higher difficulties, as food becomes your main source of regaining health without resorting to guzzling your all-important potions for combat. Clicking the right stick (R3) would be an excellent button to use the food in your food quickslot, as I think it's unused right now.

- HUD display that shows how many remaining hits out of total for applied oils, or a percentage. Placed in a different area to normal buffs, as there can only be two at a time (one for each sword). I suggest bottom left near the equipped items. An option to disable this should be present, too.

- Enhanced Armour and Weapons buffs should be changed to reflect hits given and taken, not time-based. It makes zero sense that your sword will degrade from being sharpened while it's sitting safe in your sheath. My suggestion is that armour gets a buff total equal in value to the player's total vitality. Once you takes that much damage, it ceases to be 'enhanced'. This will allow a decent amount of combat before it needs more upkeep, and will scale with the player's level (high level armour shrugging off hits from level 4 drowners, etc.). Enhanced weapons could simply work like an oil - giving a certain amount of hits before it needs sharpening again. I recommend perhaps 50-100 hits. I believe both of these will feel more like the player is actively taking care of their gear to keep it in shape, rather than simply trying to keep those buffs active (If you google image search for Witcher 3 screenshots you can see that nobody bothers to enhance their stuff right now). A similar HUD element to my suggested oils element would work well for these, along with an option to disable it for hardcore players.

- A very subtle HUD element that informs the player when they can now craft an alchemy/crafting recipe, similar to the unspent points icon. A minor convenience, it should be optional like everything else, but with so many ingredients and recipes it's a lot to keep track of what you need and don't need, and constantly checking the alchemy/crafting pages to see if you can make something new gets rather tiresome.

- Extra marker/pointer on the minimap that shows the direction and distance to the closest signpost at all times, much like objective and player-made waypoints. Overhauling the travel system is likely an unrealistic amount of work at this point, but I believe this would be a happy compromise to cut down on opening the slightly sluggish main map just to find and mark the closest signpost, mark it, run to it, then open the map again in order to then travel to where you need to go. Again, an option to disable this for those who'd prefer it without the extra arrow/distance indicator on their minimap.

Mock-up:
http://i.imgur.com/qQbNI0c.png

Mock-up with notes:
http://i.imgur.com/7bwPVqP.png

Gameplay/Misc changes:

- An 'already read' notifier in document and book tooltips, so we can avoid buying/looting the same one twice. Essential if you like to read absolutely everything, as I do.

- Allow the player to select either None, Geralt, everything BUT Geralt, or everything INCLUDING Geralt, for Nvidia's hairworks. Geralt's hair looks fantastic without it anyway (honestly I think it looks better), and I'd prefer not to suffer the constant loss of framerate from Geralt's hair just to see the monsters look much better with hairworks on.

- Option to disable Roach's road auto-following. He's really not very good at it, and seems to get randomly spooked into completely halting. I would recommend Red Dead Redemption's method of making your horse simply run faster on roads, encouraging the player to use them rather than having Roach always attempt to force us to. I would not mind Roach using stamina all the time, even on roads, as long as I could actually have control over him. (Side note that his auto-follow is very misleading when you race and expect him to continue the same behaviour, and he doesn't).

- Ability to cook food to improve its health-regaining power, especially at campfires. I think it would add a good deal of immersion if you could cook some of the tons of meat you collect, and add to the Witcher's modus operandi of preparation. He may not get sick from raw meat, but even Geralt I think would get more out of eating some seasoned, cooked venison over chomping into a raw wolf's liver.

- Different icons for different levels of mutagens. Greater ones should not have the same icon as lesser ones, that's pretty clear and probably needs no explanation why.

- Buyback screen. If there is one I sure as hell missed it, but one of those would be appreciated, especially with the obscene difference in the sell price and buy price.

- Quicksave function for controllers, perhaps by holding start for a couple seconds.

- An option to disable fast travel altogether for hardcore players. Many mods did this for Skyrim, and having no choice but to have to traverse the world adds much for the immersion for those that want a realistic experience.

- Option to disable the zoom on witcher sense. Until recently when a mod was released, I had to completely miss out on Witcher 2 as the narrow as hell field of view gave me serious motion sickness after a few minutes of play. I can handle the occasional use of the close, over-the-shoulder interior camera, but the witcher sense along with the tunnel vision filter is too much for me. Everything you need glows like road flares anyway, the zoom is more of an aesthetic thing, and I would appreciate the power to turn it off so I can follow footprints without wanting to hurl.

- Improve Quen's visual effect, so there's more of a visual indicator of when your shield is active, especially during combat. Also an effect when Quen ends would be nice, rather than the sudden, sharp controller vibration, or nothing at all if you use keyboard and mouse. Took me hours before I realised that phantom vibration was Quen ending. Taking damage with Quen active and Quen being broken by damage are pretty much identical to me, which needs to be changed. The quiet sparky sound really doesn't help much, as often the wind and trees are louder anyway.

- Not really a recommendation but something I'd like to see - let us choose a new Roach. A black or white one would suit Geralt a lot more, even something dappled grey or whatever. Maybe even different breeds/specific horses are faster than others, as well as unique horses gained through quests later. (I apologise if this is already in the game and I've just yet to see it).

- I think Geralt's face might be bugged slightly. I've seen him get all veiny and pale when at near full health and very little toxicity. Not sure which it is related to, perhaps I missed something there, but it doesn't seem to make much sense. I've had him go from normal to looking like a junkie vampire between two parts of a cutscene.

Last edited:
About the subtitle size after patch 1.04 PS4, XBOX one

almost everyone who played this game from the launch date was annoyed of the subtitles sizes unless you got a big TV screen or let your eyes wide open all the time you can't read it easily. So after mentioning that it will be resized on this patch I waited and I think most of gamers did, but sadly the subtitle size is still the same, yes the patch resized the menus,HUD,books and some info messages so thanks for it am not forgetting the good work for all this, but please also resize the subtitle more. And if you think it may ruin the game just add option to let users decide which sizes suits them more.

"If I have a son I'm going to name him Geralt" says every guy who inhabits an abandoned site I clear

If I keep it up in 20 years 1/3 of the men in Valen will be named Geralt

I just realized that one trader in particular appears to be stalking me. I find him in various locations (for example camps that had previously been abandoned). I'm talking about the guy with the weird glasses. Even the "what do you have?" is greyed out (which is usually only the case when you have talked to the person before). Creepy. He is clearly following me, how else could I run into him in previously unvisited locations *shudders*?

As far as the phrases go. It leaves a smirk on my face when I hear a Nilfgaardian guard say "barbarians" (in their condescending tone), only to hear another guard laugh about their own fart (I'm always like "yea, who's the barbarian here?). All in all I would have loved to see more catch phrases instead of hearing the same one-liners no matter where I am (so a bit more variety).

Need More Thing to Spend Money On

So I got well over 20k sitting in my inventory and...well... not a whole lot of things to spend it on. I need more things to buy. About the only time I spend money is when I see a new alchemy formula or new Gwent cards. The hitch to this is, I have always been the sort of gamer that thinks all the best equipment and gear should always be things you have to find or craft. Witcher does both these cuz you have to find the diagrams for the Witcher gear and then craft them. So I have no idea what they could put in the game to make me spend my money, but I know I need something,

This is a very minor gripe though, love the crap out of this game.

So I got well over 20k sitting in my inventory and...well... not a whole lot of things to spend it on. I need more things to buy. About the only time I spend money is when I see a new alchemy formula or new Gwent cards. The hitch to this is, I have always been the sort of gamer that thinks all the best equipment and gear should always be things you have to find or craft. Witcher does both these cuz you have to find the diagrams for the Witcher gear and then craft them. So I have no idea what they could put in the game to make me spend my money, but I know I need something,

This is a very minor gripe though, love the crap out of this game.

You can buy some alchemy diagram and rune diagram, quite expensive.

Do you want to see a "Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Enhanced Edition" happen? [SPOILERS]

I absolutely love The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. It is one of the best game I've ever played. But, there is no denying on how much problems this game has. One quick visit to this forum and you can already see the many thread devoted to the multitude of flaws that is in this game. I'll give a brief summary about each problem to the best of my abilities.

1. The pacing of the third act.This is honestly in my opinion one of the worst parts about the game for me. It felt completely rushed, underwhelming, underdeveloped and did not hold up to the rest of the game. Many threads have been dedicated to this topic. This is the best in-depth analysis of this problem that I have read so far. I highly recommend everybody to check it out. http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...-the-game-is-a-bad-hot-mess-major-spoilers!!!

2. The overwhelming lack of Triss content in the game. Haven't this topic been beaten into the ground already? I romanced Triss in my first playthrough and I too was sorely disappointed on how poorly CD Projekt Red handled her as a character. Many people have let their voice known. http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...and-the-inconsistency-of-our-romance-s-choice

3. The incredible immersion breaker that is the end game. I have not experienced immersion breaking to this level of degree in a long time. It was so bad that I didn't even feel like finishing the rest of the side activities in the world. For a moment, I thought it was just me that felt this way. But, after I went to look on the forum it turns out there are also many other people that agree with me that this is a serious problem that need to be fix. http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/39674-Mega-SPOILERS-Immersion-Destroyer

4.The illusion of choices. If you thought Dragon Age: Inquisition was bad? The Witcher 3 is riddled with them. The whole "your choices matter" couldn't be further from the truth. Almost every choices you make in this game have next to no consequences and is never visible in the world. Except for the very few key decision that you have to make to shape the three ending, there is barely any other choices in the game that have any meaningful action. The Red Baron died or went to help his wife. The battle at Kaer Morhen. The witch hunt in Novigrad. And much more. Do you think those choices matters at all? Nope, it doesn't. All you did was unlock a small 5 seconds cutscene that play after the ending. Congratulations, that is your meaningful consequences right there!

5. The complete lack of closure to the ending. Seriously, the ending cutscene to this game must be a big ridiculous joke. Even Mass Effect 3 ending expansion DLC did a better job at giving closure to the game than what is presented in The Witcher 3. Please, add more and improve upon it.

6. This game need a good end game campaign, contracts, and side activities that are exclusive only when you have beaten the game. Wouldn't you want to see how life could play out depend on who you romance? This is the final game for Geralt. I think it is only right that we get to go on a new short adventure with our new life partner or by yourself when everything is set and done. It will not only add more longevity to the game but also strengthen the emotional bond with your romantic partner.

7. Underdevelop characters and other things that need more fleshing out and more screen time. Eredin, The White Frost, Fringilla Vigo, Margarita Laux-Antille, Caranthir, etc. Need I say more?

8. The many small problems in the game like no storage space, awkward swimming, the crossbow is basically useless for majority of the game, riding Roach is a pain in the ass, no buy back option in vendor, the alchemy tree is kind of disappointing, etc. Feel free to mention more.

As you can see, I think we need an enhanced edition. Besides, CD Projekt Red has already released an enhanced version for both the first and second game. Why break tradition when we are desperate now? The Witcher is the flagship of this company. I think making it the best game it could possibility be should be the utmost priority. This game is a masterpiece. It would be a shame for it to be held back by such problems. This is the game that put CD Projekt Red on the map. Let's give it the proper goodbyes that it deserves!

Last edited:
More finishers

Can he have more finishers for melee combat and finishers for unarmed combat please. For me they are by far the most satisfying aspect of melee combat.

Hi, So far I am having fun everything works. Few issues I want to be addressed in Console version.

1 .. Werewolf killing is so damn hard even I can kill boss higher then me easily but werewolf its so damn hard balance it little bit.Even in day he can regenerate health. There should be limit that ok he can regenrate for certain time but now after his regeneration animation he regenerate health indefinitely .Please fix this.

2. Why the dlc armor you provided are so expensive. I mean I am level 15 now they are worthless to me. So You should add a way to get them as your level or upgrades or something.

3. Please add some chest or some bag on roch so that I can put my loot in it. I dont want to sell my crafting material or throw them away. I want to keep them for later use. Please you added one in witcher 2. When it was not open world. Why can't you add one in this.

4.. Add some loot and Replay like New Game Plus over which I can carry my loot and experience. And then this new game mode should be called Hells Ride. More harder and plus with new gear and some new side mission or some arena mode in actual story mode. LIke in elder Scrools Oblivion.

Please Please Please make it happen. I will buy 2 season passes If i have to 2 get these 4 things pz plz pz plz plz

i actually wouldnt need an enhanced edition, but i am sure we will get on someday.................and yeah i will buy it ............. of course

to be honest when i see a high level monster protecting a chest (especially a monster i have never seen before) the treasure is for me the second important thing...........i want to kill the monster!

Top Bottom