• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
TW3 General Feedback [SPOILERS]

I know, devs have more important things right now with all the crashing and freezing reports. But I really hope Witcher 3 gets 3D Vision support as perfect as Witcher 2 had. Anyone who played W2 in 3D knows how amazing it looked in stereo depth and W3 has potential to surpass it.Our 3D patching wizards say it will be problematic for them to fix the game since shader headers were stripped. So we lay our hopes on developers shoulders.

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 From me, Not going to play this before 3D vision gets fixed Or atleast help out the Helixmod crew to work with shaders. :) Thanks!

HairWorks Request: Option to enable only for creatures

Obviously not the biggest priority right now. But, I thought I'd just throw a suggestion here. In case it gets spotted, and can be implemented at some point maybe , when stuff calms down. Also to see if anyone else agrees.

I'd personally like an option to only enable the HairWorks tech for creatures. As in, not enabled for Geralt. I really don't like the look of it. (opinion) It looks unrealistic.

I think the in-house hair for Geralt is nicer. But the fur on monsters is another matter. They almost require hairworks being enabled, to have any semblance to actual fur. Hence why I'm requesting this.

Tbh, the monsters with fur (dogs, wolves, beasts, etc) look preeeetty bad, when hairworks is disabled..(stiff, plastic looking)

Plus, it would be a nice performance increase overall. With the tech enabled.

Edit: Example below of HairWorks off / on. (fur)

Last edited:
I'm sure it's hopeless because almost everyone is ignoring 3d. Please Add 3d vision support!!! Or release the information the modders need to fix it! Not having 3d support when Witcher 2 had it is a huge disappointment!!! Even Rockstar added 3d support for GTA V! You don't want to be underfoot of Rockstar, do you?

wazaa

Forum veteran
Yep. It is my inly complain. I even had to dissable 3dvision to make the game to work

Somewhat agree, although I've seen it on videos only so far. But it seems like hairworks is much better at animating fur than actual hair.

After starting the game I think the intro is really very well done... However all I could think about is... This good intro would be freaking amazing if it was in 3d!!! It would be nice if shadows could be disabled since that would improve performance and make 3d easier. I think some of the modders want the header info for the shaders so they can fix it. If Project red isn't going to support 3d can you at least help the community do your work for you? Make this game a 10/10 please!
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/546943/3d-vision/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/10/

I don't know about hairworks, but I once compared tressfx in Tomb Raider both off and on, and their hair looked mediocre either way, with it clipping through Lara's head and such. Not sure if this tech is any better but I've heard of fps tanking by 20 or so with it turned on?

Indeed, TW2 was one of the best 3D experiences in gaming - pretty gutted to have to start this game in 2D (Trying to be optimistic hoping the community CAN fix this given the aforementioned hiding of shader data). So much detail lacking in 2D, Please I want to be able experience the real presence in this amazing world that 3D brings. Please fix.

I don't know about hairworks, but I once compared tressfx in Tomb Raider both off and on, and their hair looked mediocre either way, with it clipping through Lara's head and such. Not sure if this tech is any better but I've heard of fps tanking by 20 or so with it turned on?

I honestly think Geralt's hair looks higher quality with the in-house tech. Hairworks eats about 15-20 fps, and looks plastic-ish imo. But, as I mentioned above. The creatures with fur (wolves, dogs, beasts, etc) are really in dire need of having the hairworks enabled. They look pretty terrible with it off, imo. totally stiff and plastic looking.

Ironically, the hair looks plastic looking with the NV works enabled, and the fur looks plastic looking with the NV work disabled lol

Last edited:
Add me to the 3D vision support. My current PC can run the game fairly well, but I'm hoping to have a beast of a PC this coming year and want to replay it with 3D.

atleast help out the Helixmod crew to work with shaders. :) Thanks!

This^. If you guys @RED could at least provide help to Helixmod team, they will do the wonders, guys are excellent.
Of course it would be better if the game had native 3d vision support:). I am counting on you.

Top Bottom