• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
One quality of Life thing I would adore is to have a timer for my Quen sign, so I know when it is going to fade.

Not sure how auto pickup of herbs by running over them makes it any less simple. All it does is make it so you are not spamming the loot key while doing it.. It would take the same amount of time to run over each node but you save your finger in the process.

Area loot is the same. Currently you run near things and spam the loot key until everything is gathered. You might even have to spend extra time trying to adjust the camera angle so you can actually target the loot. Sometimes you can't even target it, such as a pile of crates and that one in the bottom middle almost seems unlootable. An area loot (5 ft circle around you for example) really doesn't do anything but remove some of the tediousness from the game.

Looting on horse. I mean the only spots your horse can fit anyways where there is loot is over herbs. Do you really want to stop every 10 seconds, get off the horse, pick the node, and jump back on? That is not engaging gameplay its a hindrance.

Bottomless inventory.. I'll be modding all the items to weight 0 anyway but I understand how this one might be seen as a little much... but everything I loot magically teleports to my horses saddlebag anyway so "realism" isn't a factor here.

Quality of life is the key here. It doesn't make the game any less challenging. Doesn't effect combat, story, puzzles... it just gives you more time to focus on them.

[PC] Let us target what we look at, not Geralt, please!

Subj, many mentioned problems with controls are connected with it, i.e.:
  • terrible combat experience, when Geralt aim anything but not enemy we look at
  • when we loot something, we must orient Geralt towards it, thus sometimes we need to run in circles just to pick some ghoul's guts up
Please, fix controls this way, or make it optional, many of us have PC with mouse, not some freakin gamepad

WIth the patch 1.03 my hairworks performance is now amazing, almost everyting on ultra, only shadows and foliage visibiliti on high and im`getting 60 fps locked on combat and free roam, but his hair still strangehttp://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=446540529

I could see how this would be very useful when looting. I often find myself with Geralt facing away from a box i want to loot, unable to loot it, even though the camera is aimed right at it. Its a small, but managable inconvenience, however, it would be nice if it wasnt like that. It works the same with a gamepad.

I would agree, even for those of us playing on gamepad it gets pretty annoying having to orient Geralt to activate whatever action you want.

For PC if they would bring back the option to have the cursor show up for selecting loot and people to talk to, would be fantastic. Had the same problem in Witcher 2, so I guess it won't make a return. Not sure how they would do it for combat, though. Maybe add a button to switch between the targets instead of trying to look in the direction of an enemy and hope that it gets targeted.

Yeah I'd love to see a monsters only hairworks option. Geralts normal hair is animated great anyway but hairworks on monsters and beast is miles better than without.
Nice option for performance too. Usually I can have hairworks on, no problem, but throw me into a cutscene that zooms in on Geralt and I'll take an FPS hit.

How about a first person look mode with a crosshair. That way we can point to what we want to interact with.

---------- Updated at 05:05 PM ----------

How about a first person look mode with a crosshair. That way we can point to what we want to interact with.

Suggestion - key bind for running

Seems like a small thing but it actually immersion breaker for me. Please CDP, can u implement an option to bind key specially for running ? And no , i dont mean sprinting, i mean actual running. Pressing ctrl to toggle from walk to run is just throwing me off,feels like i dont have direct control on Geralt movement.
I tried messing with input.settings but i didnt find any solution.

I don't understand what you mean, sincerely. If you are in locked walk you can press left shit to run (by keeping it pressed, like for gallop in the horse) you don't need to press ctrl again to return running. Actually locked walk is the best way to move imo.

Although the game could use some Quality of Life Improvememts, I do not agree on any of those, as they would make the game too casual for my taste..

First person or cursor mode sound a bit over edge, but for example The Witcher 2 with latest updates worked just as I said - "what you see is what you aim"

If press left shift geralt starts to sprint, not run. I want a dedicated run key.

Frankly speaking what you say makes no sense whatsoever: if you want precision then there's nothing better than to walk and if you want to go fast then sprinting is better than running. I don't get why would you want to go slower (albeit slightly, there's very little difference between running and sprinting) when you actually want to go fast.

Yes, I would like to have that too.

For sprinting you have 2 options.
1a) the left-shift-key that you need to keep pressed.
1b) another key (not assigned by default) that acts as a toggle.

For walking you have only 1 option.
2a) the left-contol-key that acts as a toggle.

It would make sense if we also got the same options as sprinting.
A key that you need to keep pressed to walk slower.

I looked at the input.settings file.
There are these 2 lines:
IK_LShift=(Action=Sprint)
IK_None=(Action=SprintToggle)

But there is only one line for walking.
IK_LControl=(Action=WalkToggle)

I tried and changed it to
IK_LControl=(Action=Walk)
Didn't work. :(
This is all we require. We don't even need an option in the Settings UI.
Just the ability to edit the input.settings file.

Frankly speaking what you say makes no sense whatsoever: if you want precision then there's nothing better than to walk and if you want to go fast then sprinting is better than running. I don't get why would you want to go slower (albeit slightly, there's very little difference between running and sprinting) when you actually want to go fast.
Thats actually just not correct. U didn't take into account the body weight, the fact that after sprinting geralt needs a second to stop and recover, which he doesnt need after running.

So you mean a run while pressing key rather than a run toggle
Yes.

Yes, I would like to have that too.

For sprinting you have 2 options.
1a) the left-shift-key that you need to keep pressed.
1b) another key (not assigned by default) that acts as a toggle.

For walking you have only 1 option.
2a) the left-contol-key that acts as a toggle.

It would make sense if we also got the same options as sprinting.
A key that you need to keep pressed to walk slower.

I looked at the input.settings file.
There are these 2 lines:
IK_LShift=(Action=Sprint)
IK_None=(Action=SprintToggle)

But there is only one line for walking.
IK_LControl=(Action=WalkToggle)

I tried and changed it to
IK_LControl=(Action=Walk)
Didn't work. :(
This is all we require. We don't even need an option in the Settings UI.
Just the ability to edit the input.settings file.
From what i read the actual file with keyboard setting is input_qwerty located at for example C:\GOG Games\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\config\r4game\legacy\base
I tried modiyfing it to something like Lshift=(Action=Run), but that didnt do the trick also, not to mention that he still sprinted while holding shift.

Thats actually just not correct. U didn't take into account the body weight, the fact that after sprinting geralt needs a second to stop and recover, which he doesnt need after running.

Oh, I understand. A "problem" that can be easily countered by just steering after the sprint (by maneuvering) it's such a big issue that you would prefer instead to take much more time to go where you want to go when you want to get there fast. Makes completely sense. Especially since when you are in cramped situations (situations where the body weight can make some actual difference) you are much better using walking anyway.

Oh well, whatever you want.

Last edited:
I find myself hopping about swinging at nothing quite a bit because of this. Basically I'm used to attacks going where the camera is pointed from some other games, so I don't use the A S D keys as much as I ought. I just point the camera where I want to hit...not working so well.

Seem to confuse the hell out of some enemies with all that interpretive dance instead of attacking.

Top Bottom