• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Probably the only thing that's REALLY bugging me at the moment is the Journal automatically selecting the next main story quest when an existing quest finishes - this happens even if the finishing of one quest leads to a new one starting. It's very annoying to have to go into the journal to select the next quest in line. It can also be a bit misleading, because it gives the impression that this particular line of quests has now been finished.

I would prefer it that if one quest finishing opens up a new one, that this new quest should be automatically selected, instead of it defaulting to the next main quest.

1) Inventory needs filtering options. It gets crazy.

2) Why in the world do we even need the recipes showing up in our inventory, if they are auto learned when picking up said recipe? This seems like a game design decision that should be trumping a skew to realism decision.

3) Why not add all the books to an in game lore database, so we don't have to carry them around, making our inventory a huge hot mess when you're trying to find a specific quest-related passage or something.

4) Maybe the star indicating something new shouldn't go away from a note/book/scroll/etc until you actually "read" it. It can be incredibly frustrating trying to find that note you just picked up to proceed on a quest/gain a clue when the star vanishes just by breathing hard. :D

Yes, you can see I think the inventory could use a lot of improvement. :D

Hey, I love the game. But, the inventory is something we complain about every single time they release a Witcher game, and they always work on making it better through patches, and then it's like they forget all of it for the next game. It's just really mind boggling how they do this every time.

Last edited:
-change graphic setting from windowed to fullscreen but it doesn't get saved, it switches back to windowed every time i launch the game

Have you checked if the ini file is write-protected or something? I don't think there's a game bug here. If that doesn't help, maybe post it in the Tech Support forum? It'll get lost posting it in threads like this.

Oh, almost forgot. I'm not a huge fan of the repair mechanic, though I'm fairly certain its real goal is to nudge players into playing better (avoiding damage, and getting through enemy guard/parry strategically, rather than via brute force), and I can see the reasoning from a game design point of view.

I'm just not sure I agree the payoff (if there is any), from a game design point of view, is actually worth the hassle.

This is an incredibly long game if you're trying to do everything (or even just a lot of things). At level 18, I'm already basically hating repairing. It's just become a huge chore. At the pace I'm going, I assume I'm going to be one of those 80-100 hour players by the time I'm done, and that's a long time to be spending doing a chore.

Yes, you can craft repair kits (assuming you can get the elven pieces needed), but far more often, I find myself returning to civilization not because I need to empty my inventory, or finish some quest, but because I need to repair a weapon.

Last edited:
I believe they patched the targeting system for TW2 with the enhanced edition patch. I just wish that they would have taken all those improvements into TW3.

Can we please have Geralt target who or what we look at?

Getting the Loot icon to appear can be annoying, however I do still want to choose which object to loot from when close to multiple ones.

I agree on this. This is not just an issue with mouse and keyboard. I'm playing on the PS4 and the same frustration is there in an otherwise excellent combat imo.

Also to add on to this, I'm not a fan of the way target locking seem to randomly change targets from what it originally locked on to....which makes the entire thing rather pointless and buggy to me. I mean I manually CHOSE to target lock that enemy for a reason. I don't want it changing to something else unless if I manually disable the lock and re-target something else again.

The automatic target changing is already there for non locked fights. I can't count the number of times I've died trying to single out a low health monster in a pack while having manual lock on it, and for it to suddenly change direction in mid flurry swings is just frustrating especially when I KNOW I would have lived had I finished off a monster and not stupidly swing at air in the completely different direction.
Maybe I'm still learning how fighting works and that what is intended is to physically make Geralt face the target at all times to maintain lock, but still I don't think anyone will lose sleep for changing this to be more intuitive.

Last edited:
Only real gripes is that the blood decals go away in about 2 seconds and the samey animations when you kill humans and monsters (that little twirl), which takes a bit away from the impact. Wish the density of enemies/ random events or encounters was higher, and dead bodies had collision.

Here are my few points:

1. Split food / drink slots from potions. I don't want to equip food and drink in my potion slots when playing on Death March, and it's annoying having to go into inventory every time

2. Weapon Oils should be added to the quick access menu. Again, having to enter inventory isn't fun, it breaks immersion a bit.

3. Weapon Oils and Quen buff indicators ! I need to know when those run out <.<

4. Herbs and more lore in the glossary. It's nice to have characters and beastiary there, but what about places ? History ? Important events of sorts ?
And herbs ! I know I need herb X to craft a certain potion, but how do I know what it looks like ? and which zones can I find it ? Should have glossary entry with a little description, and a small picture. It also makes sense lore wise, as Geralt probably knows how herbs look and where to find them

Just beat an enemy 3 times my level, got 6 exp.... complete waste of time.

Most missions when there are enemies in the pathways its worthless to fight them because of the low exp given, just run past and continue the mission is alway more effective.

A first person view would be amazing. I want to be immersed in this world, even if it's briefly. Of course, first person wouldn't work for several things including combat. You could automatically get into third person mode when the weapon is unsheated and go back to first at the end of combat. The fps view doesn't need to be perfect either. Sometimes I just want to look around and take in the sights at ground level, not flying over a shoulder.

at lvl 2 i killed a lvl 6 bear
at lvl 4 i killed a lvl 11 bug
at lvl 5 i killed a lvl 15 guard
etc... etc...

i get more satisfaction from complaining about how bad the xp given is then actually fighting the enemies, because its not rewarding.

Last edited:
Please give us smarter targeting and an optional alternate targeting mode

This game is a masterpiece and I love it - let's be clear about that - but it still has its flaws. And my number one source of frustration is the horrible targeting when playing with keyboard and mouse.

Free targeting is a complete mess, because the way the target "sticks" (or doesn't) seems completely arbitrary at times. Occasionally it works the way you want it to, sometimes it keeps jumping from one enemy to another without any apparent reason, sometimes it's incredibly hard to change target when you want to. This is especially egregious when you do things like parrying to stagger the target: its sudden backwards movement breaks the targeting, which means that instead of taking advantage of the opening, Geralts just turns 90+ degrees and attacks someone else.

On the other hand, the actual Lock On Target mode is much, much worse. Locking the camera might be a good idea when using a controller (I wouldn't know), but with a mouse, it's not. It's a really, really bad idea. Not being able to look around and to use mouse for directing dodges and rolls makes this functionality almost useless. It's a handicap, nothing else.

Now, I have two suggestions that would make the combat in this game vastly less frustrating, i.e. more enjoyable:

Firstly, a setting for an alternative targeting mode, in which pressing the target lock key only locks the target, nothing else. Free camera, free movement, exactly the same as no target lock, except that Geralt always targets that particular enemy with his strikes and signs.

Secondly, smarter targeting in free target mode. My idea in its simplicity is this: landing strikes on an enemy should increase the "stickiness" of the targeting indicator for that particular enemy (up to a set maximum value). This is almost always desirable behaviour: it's usually a good idea to deal with multiple enemies by killing them one at a time. Staggering or knocking your target down should raise stickiness by a significant amount: when you create an opening for a strike, you almost never want to change your target.

CDPR, please do something about this. This game is fantastic and so is its combat system. Even the controls per se are great and I have no problems with them, but this targeting BS is what causes > 90% of my deaths in Death March. I love difficult games, but when I die, I want it to happen because of a mistake I made.

Top Bottom