• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
for example i am wasting one perm skill slot of 'delusion' just because i dont want to miss out on important conversations. very stupid. i dont even use axii in battles.

Well, in D2 you had to choose between your Skills you want to level up to?
Isn t that bad i think... and 12 Slots are enough for active skills

I wish they would patch in 1 or 2 slots for "passive" skills aka the COMMON
skills Geralt have. (white ones) so you can take them in as "passive"

yeah I think the white skills would work better as passives. Otherwise i'm pretty happy with a restriction, makes me think more about my current build

+1 to be able to have more than one preset and switch between them... would really help in preparing for a battle.

Fantastic discussion all around in this thread. I like the "one build" talk, because it leads to a more focused building of the Geralt you choose to have, but at the same time the ton of skill points being literally wasted feels so wrong. And the abundance of skills you end up not using is also staggering.
I mean, in Witcher 2 you just had to play the game 2 or 3 times to try out all the skill trees... Do they really expect me to re-play this 120-hour open-world Witcher game 20 times to try all the skills?

Sorry because I am rather new to the series and have rushed through Witcher 1 and 2 to play this game.
have rushed through Witcher 1 and 2 to play this game.
rushed through Witcher 1

/tear

Last edited:
Request: Map Exploration - Fog of War and Defined map borders.

Good day,
Dear game developers, is it possible to add Fog of War for Area Maps for easier exploration and also clearly defined map borders(for example red map borders)?
It's very suitable for players who like to explore every piece of game world.
Thank you.

Last edited:
I won't comment on the game borders, but fog is always good. And I don't mean fog, I mean fog of war as suggested.

It's always a plus for those of us who like to explore to actually uncover the map rather than have it plonked in front of us which kind of leads away from wanting to go and explore.

I'm sorry, but I disagree. Geralt knows the World, so Fog of War shouldn't be an option. As for the distinct map borders, they would break the immersion for me.
I'm already having trouble with the fact, that you need to fill your bestarium over time, all the while Geralt does know everything about every Monster in conversations (As he should. He's a Witcher).

Edit: Also, "collecting" the fast travel markers is good enough for me.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but I disagree. Geralt knows the World, so Fog of War shouldn't be an option. As for the distinct map borders, they would break the immersion for me.
I'm already having trouble with the fact, that you need to fill your bestarium over time, all the while Geralt does know everything about every Monster in conversations (As he should. He's a Witcher).

Edit: Also, "collecting" the fast travel markers is good enough for me.

Geralt Knows but players don't. And still he needs to refresh his knowledge
And still not all locations has this map markers.

And still he needs to refresh his knowledge

True, but he killed like 1000000 Nekkers and Harpies in W2 - So he at least knows them.

But my point was, that either I have them in the Bestarium and know about every detail in conversations, or I don't. But not having them in the Bestarium and knowing everything about them is not very well thought trough.
A good example is his knowledge of different ways to deal with the "botchling"
Buuuut, that's Off-Topic ;-)

+1 for Fog of War. I was disappointed it was not there, I find it hard to remember where I have and have not been lol

Same, i find myself guessing where i have actually been and not been. Something to make this just a little more obvious would be great.

Last edited:
On another note.

The interface for inventory and crafting is woeful on PC. It could have been designed so much better, we are able to do things better on PC.

Can we also make changes to make the interface less console like.

Thanks guys,

Good day,
Dear game developers, is it possible to add Fog of War for Area Maps for easier exploration and also clearly defined map borders(for example red map borders)?
It's very suitable for players who like to explore every piece of game world.
Thank you.

If this was implemented I'd turn off the POI's and other things, which I'd love to do.

Fantastic discussion all around in this thread. I like the "one build" talk, because it leads to a more focused building of the Geralt you choose to have, but at the same time the ton of skill points being literally wasted feels so wrong. And the abundance of skills you end up not using is also staggering.

Im the opposite, I tend to play general builds, this way seems to allow me to setup specific builds based on situations, even if it is only changing 2-3 active skills. Of course as Im only right at the start whether this theory of situational builds is true or not I will have to wait and see.

I don't have as much of an issue with 'slotting' skills, what really annoys me is the quite harsh limitation in the number of skill points available in the world. when skills are already limited by slots. I think it should be one or the other personally, because even if you were able to unlock all skills (and I intend on modding that ASAP) you wouldn't be able to slot them all, and so still have to choose wisely each battle.

The only way i can see this makes sense, is that you're building Geralt for specific enemies or a certain playstyle. It reminds me of the limiting skill bar in games like ESO, in which you have more useful situational skills than slots to fill them in and the rest is wasted.

Thank you moderator for helping this thread grow with ideas.

Couple of you guys keep bringing up arguments that make no sense.

#1 - I don't get how streamlining the looting situation somehow dumbs down your game and makes it too easy? Is looting supposed to be hard and inconvenient? Should looting distract from story & combat?

The very first time the game loaded up and I was on my horse... I noticed all these leafs on the map. I got off the horse and looted all of them I could see. I mean I didn't know if I needed them or how many I might need... but I figured the game was providing them so I will need them. Then I got back on the horse and rode 5 seconds up the road only to see my map loaded up with even more herbs.

Eventually I stopped using my horse because hopping off to loot herbs was extremely inconvenient. Now I just run through the grassy areas spamming my loot key.. which is not engaging gameplay.

Adding auto-pickup of herbs would not hinder your gaming experience in the slightest. In fact if it was a feature the game launched with I'm sure everybody would praise it.

As for area looting.. Would it feel more rewarding to run up to a stack of boxes and spam E until they are all looted.. not really knowing what you even looted.. or would it feel more rewarding to press the loot key one time, see a list of 10 items, select the ones you want and be on your way?

Ever fought a large pack and you had 10 corpses on the battlefield to loot... yet you can barely get him to turn around and target the little pile of guts? Killing 10 monsters and collecting their loot does not feel rewarding when looting the goodies becomes a struggle within itself.

I have turned of all the POI and it's much better. I don't like having everything marked out for me. Hence the fog of War would be a great implementation.

Top Bottom