• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
I really hope there's a dev around here that reads these. Some of these are really top quality of life issues, some of them even stuff that we had in W2/1, but are lacking here.

I've said before in another thread, but I feel like saying it again: It's a shame they didn't have a really really small beta, something like 50 people not more, maybe friends and family beta. They would've had this feedback before releasing the game, now it's unknown if we'll have some added features or just bugfixes every patch. I really hope some of these get added, as in my opinion all those QoL issues add up to this game being a 9/10 for me instead of 10/10

Does Falling Damage scale with difficulty? I'm playing on Death March and I fall off a ledge like 5 feet and I take more damage than anything else in the game. Seems illogical to me.

Make alchemy useful again! What's w/ the limitation of bombs and pots duration? Seriously 30 sec to use a pots and oil!

The only thing they need to do is to make pots duration 5 min and give it some sort of side effect like drinking swallow have a side effect to lower my damage but if i drink thunderbolt to counter the side effect of swallow. Somewhat similar mechanics with witcher 2. The one thing problem w/ witcher 2 is that you cannot drink pots while in combat but the mechanic of the pot system in that game is perfect.

Also ability slot system in the game doesn't fit w/ alchemy and investing w/ alchemy felt useless. The game felt more heavily relied w/ signs. Hopefully alchemy would be useful again.

Personally

Yeah, I've been asking this since forever. Give us quick magic cast for the controllers like:

R2+X = Igni
R2+O = Aard
R2+Square = Quen
R2+Triangle = Yrden
R2+PSButton = Axii

R1+X = Bomb1
R1+ O = Bomb2
etc.

This makes the combat more fluid, and overall, encourages sign use.

Keep the camera behind me and let me attack in the direction I'm facing.

Some kind of storage,barkeeps are fine.

Get rid of that pop up that tells me I've switched from keyboard to controller, what makes you think I need to be told what device I'm using?

A setting to remove the entire HUD without wading through a ton of options would be nice for screenshots.

NPCs should at least comment when you're ransacking their house.

Weapons and armour degrade way too fast and cost too much to repair.

Merchants need to be fixed, the difference between the selling and buying values is ridiculous.

More hotkeys, I have 100 keys on the my keyboard, many going to waste.

Yeah, I've been asking this since forever. Give us quick magic cast for the controllers like:

R2+X = Igni
R2+O = Aard
R2+Square = Quen
R2+Triangle = Yrden
R2+PSButton = Axii

R1+X = Bomb1
R1+ O = Bomb2
etc.

This makes the combat more fluid, and overall, encourages sign use.

This is such a brilliant idea! 1+ for this.

This has been posted millions of times now.
Devs HAVE to fix this and the movement start/stop animations.

Zero level solution for this problem is: Hold L1, select spell with right stick, Release L1. BOOM!

Hi there, this is a feature I've been posting about for quite a while. This game looks great, and I'd like to be able to simply sink into it most of the time.

However there are many times when the UI is completely necessary for survival . Especially on DM I need to know when my stamina is up.

Please consider adding a toggle UI on and off button to the keybinds on PC. It would also greatly help out those who want to take loads of screens, like I do.

Secondly, please consider adding the option to have all quest objectives on the start menu map on at once, with the active quest still in color while inactive quests maybe in white or something of that sort.

Currently it's difficult to plan efficient routes around Velen, as some quests are way up north, others way south. Not only that, one can pass by quests without being aware, simply because flipping between the quest menu and the map activating and deactivating quests can be a pain.

Thanks for the great game.

Make alchemy useful again! What's w/ the limitation of bombs and pots duration? Seriously 30 sec to use a pots and oil!

The only thing they need to do is to make pots duration 5 min and give it some sort of side effect like drinking swallow have a side effect to lower my damage but if i drink thunderbolt to counter the side effect of swallow. Somewhat similar mechanics with witcher 2. The one thing problem w/ witcher 2 is that you cannot drink pots while in combat but the mechanic of the pot system in that game is perfect.

Also ability slot system in the game doesn't fit w/ alchemy and investing w/ alchemy felt useless. The game felt more heavily relied w/ signs. Hopefully alchemy would be useful again.

Personally

Same as signs, and sword attacks, if you don't invest in the relevent tree they won't be as useful :p
Each point in the alchemy tree increases duration by 5%, which would make your potions last longer the more you invest in the tree. Besides, I don't personally think they should last more than 1 fight.
What is really bothering me, is the only 2 potion and bomb slots. If I were to invest heavily in the alchemy tree, I'd want to use much more than 2, and going in the inventory is damn annoying

I'd like if potions also got swapped out automatically when you run out of them, just like food. (Though even with food, it doesn't always work.) Since you can change the potions in your slots mid-combat anyway, I'd prefer if the game chose one randomly... but on a second though, what if the game puts a white honey in the slot for example... :huh:

Another really small, easily 'fixable' thing: the sun shouldn't rise that early as it does now. I mean it starts rising at around 3:00 am, that just feels wrong to me. Make it 4:30 or 5:00 am, please.

The problem is that only doing quests is worth the fight.

That's a design choice. It's supposed to be this way, because it's this way in the books. And the game is based HEAVILY on the books and rightfully so. Don't worry, there will be plenty of mods changing that, so either suck it up, or hold off playing until there is one released.

Please add a FOV slider or ability to zoom out the camera

Playing on PC is making me dizzy and is giving me a headache. I always try to zoom out with the scroll wheel (which of course is just switching the signs).

I am sure I am not alone in this. Walking outside is bad enough. When entering a building it's impossible to look at a screen for more than a few seconds, I have to look outside my window to regain balance. The camera is too close in my face.

Please, please, please do something about it. The game is great but this issue prevents me from enjoying it fully.

Quote:If it doesn't get added due to limited dev time, I'm sure a mod for it will come along. If a mod doesn't come along I'll make one myself and share it about, because even though I don't mind them being there it would be nice to have the option of removing them."YOU WOULD BE MY GOD IF YOU DID A MOD!! Its is driving me crazy. I actually can't understand why more people aren't making a fuss over this.

@Nilhilion

That's a design choice. It's supposed to be this way, because it's this way in the books. And the game is based HEAVILY on the books and rightfully so. Don't worry, there will be plenty of mods changing that, so either suck it up, or hold off playing until there is one released.

Calling something a design choice (plea to authority fallacy), doesn't change whether its a good or bad gameplay aspect... people can make awful design choices...

@Yellowcardus

again you haven't addressed the point...

Objectively does it cost more to fight things than to avoid them? yes or no?

Yes or no? No. This is a false statement

if it costs more, than the game is punishing you for fighting monsters in a game that is about fighting monsters... that's a bad game design. Which was true of both the beginning and end of the other wicther games... It was always more effective to run past every enemy you could because you got nothing for fighting them unless a mission was attached.

Reminds me of the angry joe review of harry potter, just running past everything was more efficient than playing the game, thats bad game design.

Your entire thread hinges on the premiss that you need Xp rewards to counter the "costs" of combat. And this simply isn't true. These is more loot to gather than it cost to obtain it. This varies from combat to combat as not all things are equal. The wealth gap is noticeable between the levels that is to be sure and on DM your wealth grows more slowly because combat is more difficult there is no denying this, but there is wealth to accumulate.

On death March combat is very demanding and you can easily 'lose your shirt' on any given combat if you get careless. You can not just approach exploration combat as just scrub combat to dispense with as fast as possible. If you do so you will get damaged a LOT and that just suck up your food and money. You need to approach combat as I could get killed by these scrubs easy. Quen is probably the most vital sign in the early game because it Keeps you from getting hurt and keeps your armour from being damaged. Of the sun and moon general skill is also important as it can regenerate your vitality allowing you to heal small scratches in a fight with no food. its a rather long wait for major damaged.

You need to mitigate your cost of combat with wise tactics in combat and intelligent purchases of skill points.

I personally think they have done a great job at removing the "farming" aspect of RPGs. It is problem with the genre and it does make the aspects of rpg games trivial like money and xp. In Witcher 3 money feels like a finite resource and I feel like turning down money to be a "nice" guy actually has a cost. It actually is a sacrifice. To me that is a very positive mechanic of the game. Xp really hasn't been approached as a scarce resource in the game before for fear of gamers running out of content. CDPR realised that by making combat xp tiny you could actually create a scarcity of XP without having a scarcity of mobs for content. The point of the XP and gold scarcity is to encourage you to explore the world for hidden quests and hidden loot.

You are not required to explore all the world it is true but it is not like harry potter. if you just do the quests you are led to by hand holding you will miss a LOT of content. And you are required to fight to progress through the story son they are not analogous. If you like to walk around feeling like a god among the peasants with so much gold you have to have a mule train to carry it all and so much XP that you are entering quests that have become trivial so you feel like a god in power, then the witcher 3 isn't the game for you. Because you are always struggling to get both.

With these mechanics in place we get a real sense of why the witcher code is never kill a monster for free ALWAYS get paid for your contract. If you are walking around with 10,000 crowns from farming mobs then this code doesn't make much sense now does it? Any RPG the puts into place mechanics that make you feel like a witcher is a good mechanic. There is a reason why the Witcher2 of the school of the wolf live in a ruined castle because they are not filthy rich and you as the player shouldn't be filthy rich either because this isn't a lucrative career.

I totally agree. 12 slots are not enough. Ok you can change them, but there are so much skills and always swapping them is uncomfortable. It is ok to have a few slots for active skills but the passive ones need more slots. Especially the basic stuff a Witcher is able to do should be always active. The skill tree in TW2 was way more interesting. I prefer also a tree with 2-3 sub-branches for each branch (combat, alchemy, magic) than 5 lines per branch with 5 skills.

My thoughts and wish list:

1 - Area Loot -Is all good no troubles. Rethinkg your control layout

2 - Auto Pickup of Herbs - Ummm NO .. HELL no ... first ... you are not a goddamn PACKMAN ... if you want herbs dedicate 10 15 min of your time and search for them

3 - Durability / Repair System - IT could be reduced yes... they are breaking indeed very fast. I went with the quest with the witch 100% silver sword at then end itwas at 27% and I didn't had any repari kits in me. This was very frustratiing.

4 - Fall Damage - Tap space to make a roll barrel and he won't loose his vitality. A bit reduce of the fall damage would be nice.

5 - Inventory Weight Issues - They are perfect.

6 Dismantle Tab Issues - what is this?

7 - Equipment Level Restrictions - IS is suppose to e a RPG game right ???

8 - Camera Zoom - Because of the streaming technology and how the things are rendered specifically according to the camera so this is not an option at all. And will never be.

9 - Regenerating Potions & Bombs - They are perfectly applicable and works for me. However I would like to have my 4 pockets and place whatever I want in them like 4 bombs or 4 potions.

11 - Sprinting - Make the coold down little bit longer, not insta regenerate

12 - Looting on horse - OH cmooon this would be ridiculous

13 - Stealing - I approve.

14 - Quest Tracking - There is nothing wrong about the quest tracking and marking it is perfect, if i want this quest mark it ... if I want that quest mark it .. I don't want having multiple markers on the minimap.

15 - Hotkeys - Approve a secondary button for key binding would be nice.

16 - Swapping to crossbow or swapping swords - Umm WHAT ?? I am managing just fine wiht the crossbow

17 - Monster EXP is non existent.- WROOONG it is ... just see your skill number then kill some monsters and see that the number is increased.

18 - No Buy Back System - This is is by far IN EVERY RPG game .. ??

19. There are multiple displacements of rocks and stalactites in caves and are hovering in the air. Also saw one bush hovering like that.

20. Remove the auto holstering weapon and autodraw IF I draw my weapon I DONT want to get eventually get holstered.

21. Improve the lock on system after LOCK out from a target my sword go in his glove and holster

22. Looting is perfectly fine with MOUSE AND KB

23. KB + mouse is the superior control for me - I have mad cats RAT mouse 5 model. And the dodge and heavy attacks are on the thumbs button, crossbow with scroll button, right mouse block, left mouse fast attack, Q for signs, and I have set three modes for my DPI : low for horse riding, medium for walking and running slow and spring, fastest for combat. Once I got used with the battle game mechanics and start to remember the time frames of the animations of the enemy and GERALT itself the game becomes waaaaaaaaay nicer I don't know why so many people are complaining I play this game at hardest. I have learned how to kill enemies while on horse with one blowstrike .. PRACTICE TIMING people ... battles are smoothly and realistic as HELL ...DODGE can be used towards enemies and strike them instead trying to run with SHIFT towards them or walk is too slow. Combine block, dodge and roll and all comes ot its place. OH and SIGN.

24. THe crafting system - Could be better but for now I don't pay much attention to it.

25. For me XBONE pad is just horrible control schematic .. M + KB for the true gamers.

26. Looting is just fine point camera towards the box or crate and hit E

27. Still waiting for the ground blood splatter, sometimes is there sometimes is not. Make them disappear when you move from the area like 20 metres away and if you come back not to be there, rather than seeing how they dissapear in thin air.

28. LOVE THE WEATHER ... i love how when high in sky a cloud passing through and it feels like in real world the area get's shaded.

29. I want the white Skills to be passive like +500 vitality and the SIGN for dialogues to be passive as well. Once I ran to a side quest where it was out of the slots and I had to bribe the peasant with 50 to get the information. And my last save was 20 min ago.

30. Sorting in the inventory menu would be great

31. Just to go out from a dialogue would be great I had to SKIP 10 min dialogues SMASHING the SPACE button of my KB just to load a previous savE\

32. My Left side of the HUD is constantly auto-hiding ... Why we have the options for the HUD when it acts on its own. I want to see my stamina and vitality all the time.

33. Make my sword not go in holster .. if I draw my sword I want to be drawn until I want it to put back it on my back. And when I lock a target and then UNLOCK it the sword goes off and by the time I draw it I'm dead meat.

34. FOV or zoom out cameras is just not possible duo to how the streaming engine is working.

35. INventory menu don't benefit from 1080p resolution and I have to scroll down the grid box while there is so much space below to be resized.

36. Get rid of that pop up that tells me I've switched from keyboard to controller, what makes you think I need to be told what device I'm using? - THis is really annoying all the time.

37. NPCs should at least comment when you're ransacking their house. -Agree

38. Merchants need to be fixed, the difference between the selling and buying values is ridiculous. - AGREE

39 More hotkeys, - AGREE

40. Weapon Oils and Quen buff indicators ! I need to know when those run out <.< I would like to see when QUeen is going out.

41. Herbs need indeed glossary, on which conditions they grow, in shades, on sun, in swamps in mountains on fields ETC would be awesome. Now there is no clue when you need a herb and how you can find one.

42. Make Books if we read them or not. Several times I had to go all over the notes and books to find the right info.

43. I WOULD LOVE TIME LASPE MEDITATION !

ALL IN ALL GAME OF THE DECADE ... can't wait for the improvements to come.

Top Bottom