• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
I agree. The EXP you get from killing monsters is pointless.

When you level up you get points to increase your combat effectiveness... yet talking to people and listening to cut scenes rewards 100 times more experience than actually fighting stuff.

I'm assuming these are just values in an .ini file somewhere and soon it will be able to be modded and I will be modding this asap.

Well I play on Death March too, I do agree that its a waste of time to kill them for EXP but the alchemy ingredients they give are invaluable :) .

Made a lot of crowns selling the reagents i dont need.

Well for me... Exploring the whole place and fighting any enemy that cross my patch is fun and interesting, so I guess we both have different opinions on that so that's that :), each to his own.

I agree. The EXP you get from killing monsters is pointless.

When you level up you get points to increase your combat effectiveness... yet talking to people and listening to cut scenes rewards 100 times more experience than actually fighting stuff.

I'm assuming these are just values in an .ini file somewhere and soon it will be able to be modded and I will be modding this asap.

As for the .ini files you can mod them already if you didnt know. Unless you are waiting for a total explanation as to what each setting does so you wont mess up.

Last edited:
I'd really like to be able to use parry stance whenever Geralt's sword is drawn, not just when the game decides to arbitrarily place me in combat. It's probably my biggest gripe at present.

It's soft lock, instead of hard lock after pressing R3

I love it personally, great targeting system imo.

Auto lock on? Hmmm, on PS4 there's no auto-lock. I have to click the right stick in to actually lock on to a target.

That's the Lock on button. for PC is " Z " key.

The auto-lock on they are talking about is when Geralt is facing 1 target when the combat starts and the camera revolvers around that target until Geralt changes the target he is facing.

An example is , When the combat is starting and here are 2 targets in front of you Geralt will focus on either the left or right target and when you move around the camera will revolve around that target until you change your focus (aka attack the other target thus changing the camera focus to that one).

Guest 3713529

@Yellowcardus
in skyrim when you explore (off the beaten path no mission no marker no objectives) you gain money and levels, its beneficial. In the witcher going off the beaten path gets you nothing but a infinitesimally small amount of experience which it would take a dozen hours of grinding to level once (even with the bonuses). It is a better decision to strictly follow the quest line and never explore anything outside of it, that's the problem... in a really big beautiful world the game punishes you for exploring it.

That's the problem, mate. You walked into this game expecting another Skyrim, but the reality is that Witcher 3 is different. Yes, they are both RPGs and yes, they're both open world games, but their focus is different.
Skyrim and every other TES game focus on exploration and they are designed around that concept, they reward you for the simple act of exploring.
The Witcher 3 focuses on story and quests, the exploration in this game is a tool to fulfill the story and unravel its secrets.

They are different games, get over it. If you don't like the game it's fine, but don't try to dress up your opinion as a "fact". Just because the Witcher 3 is different doesn't mean it's wrong, it's just different.

I'd really like to be able to use parry stance whenever Geralt's sword is drawn, not just when the game decides to arbitrarily place me in combat. It's probably my biggest gripe at present.

Well.. Maybe rebind the key for the parry stance? might work that way. Never tried it thought to be honest.

Think there is a setting in an .ini file that controls that but cant remember which one now.... plus I am pretty tired so I dont want to check it now.

I found the option:

[Hidden]
LockControlScheme=1

In the user.settings file.
Great.
It suppresses those irritating warning messages: "keyboard and mouse detected. changing control scheme".
And the good thing is: it allows input from both gamepad, mouse and keyboard at the same time.
So far, so good.

However, when using this, all explanations and hints show the xbox-controller buttons.
I would rather have the keyboard-buttons shown.
Or maybe even better: none shown.

Can we have a new option in the ini-files ?
To lock the button-hints ?
Something like:

[Hidden]
LockControlScheme=1
ShowControlHints=0

Where the values can be:
0 - show control hints according to the last input taken
1 - show control hints with xbox-gamepad buttons
2 - show control hints with keyboard/mouse buttons
3 - never show any control hints

Thanks in advance.
With the proper tools, my joystick's programming language and the free x360ce tool, I've almost set up the controls to my liking. With this little option it would be perfect.

The big picture you are missing OP. The direction of the Witcher series in general is and always has been story driven. Try investing in the quests, and exploring while you are fulfilling these tasks. The game rewards you for helping people in the world as you explore. The fights along the way/loot are just rewards supplied as you try and assist the people around you. Quests are what reward you with the most xp, but you might be on the way to do a quest when you find that rare sword from a bad ass monster lurking in the woods. Just because you don't level up the same way in this game as every other one doesn't mean the xp is broken.

Agree with your point of view, indeed it is understandable to have at least an option to turn off or on for auto herb picking.Maybe because I use mouse and KB is easy for me, especially with DPI settings. For me it is easily to select which crate to loot by just moving the camera and not Geralt himself.

I haven't played never with gamepad only with mouse and kb so I couldn't know how it is for people with gamepad. Maybe it is indeed difficult when I start imagining moving camera with a small joystick instead of prices mouse movement.

ALL in all KEEP up CD red you're doing great job!

---------- Updated at 07:08 PM ----------

I'd like if potions also got swapped out automatically when you run out of them, just like food. (Though even with food, it doesn't always work.) Since you can change the potions in your slots mid-combat anyway, I'd prefer if the game chose one randomly... but on a second though, what if the game puts a white honey in the slot for example... :huh:

Another really small, easily 'fixable' thing: the sun shouldn't rise that early as it does now. I mean it starts rising at around 3:00 am, that just feels wrong to me. Make it 4:30 or 5:00 am, please.

Completely agree, the sun rise too early and FROM SOUHT ?? Isn't suppose to be from east to the west.. just see the N letter on the minimap pointing north place Geratl towards NORTH and see the rising sun is from behind ... meaning of which SOUTH

I still believe FOV and camera will not be able to be modified. ALSO to one user who get dizzines from the FOV ... i think you might have problem with your eyesight. I have no problems with FOV or camera being too close to Geralt.

-loading screen narration gets tiresome, especially if you are deviating from the main quest for a long time
-loading screen has no "press this button to continue" prompt. What if you have 16 GB of RAM and are running on a SSD?
-occasional freezing
-no quest objective edge arrow on expanded map
-no expanded interior maps AFAIK
-can't tag more than one quest at once and can't tag nothing.
-wish I could see the name of the plant/ingredient immediately on highlighting it
-minimap doesn't distinguish vendors from bankers
-I've never seen barber shops show up on minimap even after visiting them. Same goes for a few armorers and blacksmiths here and there
-witcher senses hurts my eyes
-double-press dialogue skip

Things i want to see in the next patch please

Sharpening filter for grass and nature it looks horrible on high.
Anisotropic filter slider
More clouds in the sky
Better rain effect and thunder
Saturation slider for colors similar like the video game arcania
More blood stain on swords when fighting monsters, humans
Quen spel with more effecs on it, not just 1
And last but not least bring back those damm hoodie armors from the witcher 2

Thats really it tho, i really like the game so far, goty 2015 for sure, but some things just need to be fixed thats all.

Last edited:
Most of these stuffs could be done by modders, since these are just personal taste. Once they changed it, I am sure some people will complain that they changed it.

Top Bottom