• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Only problem im having is in cities ... i gave up wanting to loot every house because getting in and out and navigating through there is not as fun

Yea man, I agree. Town exploration has become tedious, which is brutal because that is where all the good gwent players and tons of quests are. I spend quite a bit of time walking around like an old man or running fruitlessly into random objects.

My wishlist is:
1) Hairworks for creatures only as others have suggested. Like TressFX, hairworks is weird on people and clips through clothing. Default is more realistic.

2) A button to toggle all of the UI on and off for screenshots.

3) FOV slider. Yeah I'm one of those people.

4) Allow us to hit <space> to skip the intro video

Edit: By intro video, I mean the video that plays when we start a game or load a game at a menu screen. We can skip the others (and thanks for that).

Last edited:
First, I love the game. Amazing story line and lots of fun to play. I cannot believe how much I love GWENT. Best minigame I've seen in a very long time. Definitely beat boring old dice from the Witcher 2. Anyways, a few small gripes. 1) It takes wayyyy to long to level-up in this game. It appears killing monsters does not give XP (correct me if I am wrong). That to me is a major mistake. Even if I am mistaking on that, the game simply takes too long to level up. At least so far in the early stages where I made level 5. 2) I don't care for how upgrading abilities works this time. You only have a couple slots so you have to upgrade a single ability heavily or else you cannot use all you've unlocked at once? Unless I misunderstand how it works, it appears you can only have up to 12 different special abilities the entire game. That is quite lame when you look at all the things the Witcher 2 allowed. The Witcher 2's player progression mechanic was far superior from what I can tell. 3) It takes way too long for vitality to regenerate when not in combat. First ability I upgraded was the +10 vitality per second when not in combat. Without it, you could never have enough health items to finish the game. I thought in older Witchers, meditating refilled the health, but in this one it does not. It's not so bad when crossing the country, but when on a major quest and in between battles, I often do things like make a cup of coffee while waiting for my health to refill. 4) I'm not sure what I feel about equipment that becomes damaged over time. This is something Oblivion tried but was removed from Skyrim if I recall properly. It becomes a bit tedious and expensive. Early on, it's hard to find coin. Having said that, I kind of like the added challenge. *note* My game is being played on death march thus progression is slow (lots and lots of deaths) and some of these things, especially number 3 and I imagine to an extend number 4 may not be as bad on easier difficulties.

Point 1: Monsters do give points, its just minimal or doesn't show. There have been battles I've been in with no quest attached and I have leveled up just from hitting cunts with a sword.Super awesome!

Point 2: Ok, this is a mixed bag for me, I do agree with you on this, but here's the thing. I am willing to give this system a try. It's different then the normal RPG where everything is awesome all the time the more you hit monsters with your chosen stick, this one requires a bit more thinking and strategy. I do agree about the progression however, that is slow as a snail's orgasm but hey, i am already level 15, 30 hours in to Velen, so maybe the slow level progression is deliberate?

Point 3. Vitality rengenerates either from food, or potions or from a perk that does it during daylight. On lower difficulties meditation heals you. If you are playing on anything over normal, meditation doesn't heal ya. That is your fault.

Point 4. Nope, Degradation of equipment is a normal RPG thing these days, when you start becoming higher level repairing shit is a non issue

Also, I really hope you make it through Death March, though like75% of your complaints are related to a higher difficulty.

Cheers buddy, happy monster hunting!

val.mitev, I can tell you for a fact that that is not the case. I've just watched Geralt sheathe his sword time and again after I tell him to draw it.

I just really wish he wouldn't do that. At all. Ever.

This is one of the things that make me wonder why did they go through the effort of coding it in in the first place. I'd love to know what they were actually thinking at that time, and I don't mean that facetiously.

I think CDPR lacks competence when it comes to gameplay design, because there are so many things that just aren't thought through.

Terrible, just terrible.

Movement and combat is so bad that it occupies more of my mind that the story, characters and dialogue. Using realism as an excuse is exactly that, an excuse for poor controls.

Button mashing fast-attack tends to yield similar results to a more measured approach, so for those who are saying that you need to think about each button press (which is why the animations take so long to complete and aren't interruptible), you may as well button mash for similar results.

Also, it's too easy to get stuck behind a piece of scenery the size of a brick, and your cantering horse tries to follow the road even if you're trying to make minor adjustments to your direction - when fighting enemies for example.

And if you still stand by the 'realistic' excuse for tardy combat and movement, have you seen how fast and unrealistic Geralt is when switching to the other side of his horse during a mounted attack?

The last thing I want to do is bash anybody else's work. I love this series. I love the story. I love the characters. It's just one of those things, you know? This is a huge game with god only knows how many characters. There's gonna be things that need polishing. This is one of them.

On that note. Another situation where Geralt's auto-sheathe/unsheathe programming really gets me hurt is when there are a mixed group of enemies. ie critters that I'm supposed to use a steel sword on mixed with critters I'm supposed to use a silver sword on. Geralt spent so much time switching back and forth (without my say so) that I got mauled.

QFT, couldn't have put it better. Grinding is not part of this game, and this is intentional. Geralt doesn't kill, except when it is needful. RPG players who are used to grinding as a vehicle for character advancement will have to get used to it, not the other way around.

@derpinsky Having this conversation is like talking to a wall. You might blow off some steam, but you feel real stupid with yourself afterwards. It's clear you won't change your mind, and I'll stick to my guns as well. Lets agree to disagree and move on. If you don't like game mechanics then either change them, accept them, or move along sir, nothing to see here.

As you can both clearly see many people have experienced this issue, and adding the feature does not diminish the experience for people who don't like grinding enemies while it does improve the experience for those that do.

and yes grinding is apart of the game but instead of grinding enemies your just grinding missions, while running past the enemies. so the result of this design choice is to encourage avoiding fighting and running past enemies in a game about fighting. Even if this is a design choice its a bad one which has a net negative impact with no positive impact.

This design choice makes the game easier, shorter and less rewarding because if your running past everything you spend less time fighting and die less often while getting the same overall amount of exp and because your not fighting you don't need potions you don't need oils you don't need most items really and can sell them all and you get more money... This is a tactic i usually reserve for extremely difficult games, but in the witcher there is just no reason to take part in the combat in the first place unless its mission related.

Every fight the player avoids is another 3+ min of potential gameplay lost.

it would be an all around improvement to give reasonable exp for enemies.

and of course im not going to change my mind when your only justification is that its a design choice (plea to authority fallacy), if you put horse manure in the game box and call it a design choice, im still going to complain about the smell. and as i said before the only way to improve anything in this world is by having the right to criticize it to point out its flaws. So saying that i should accept it change it or move on, is essentially saying i shouldnt express my voice because you disagree.

Last edited:
Post your changes !

The game has a lot of limitations that doesnt make me feel free at all !

IT NEEDS

1st person
Zoom in and out far and close up to the char until 1st person

It needs and ini file for :

-all the audios for all the interactive effects
(i would really like to not hear the looting sound - it is most stupid)
-all the feedback from the screen, NPC/ENEMY names (per level or importance in game)
(i mean i know all ghouls are ghouls ffs)
(i dont want to know how much dmg i inflict mathematicly in a world so beautiful)

Make the Active Buffs smaller and fitting for the SMALL SIZE SCALE HUD (they are like in the middle of the screen)

Make all textures possible to be rendered at any of the following :
3072(iff possible)
and of course

WHY - cause i have all the textures and shadows that are possible to be tweaked at 4096 but i run into a rock on a hill that is 1024 - wich makes the game look like a very old aplication !

PLEASE LEARN FROM SKYRIM MODS THAT MAKE THE WORLD REALISTIC !
If u have a world with different pixelated things/meshes etc it will look like a fucking aplication !

MAKE IT SO WHEN I PRESS ESCAPE it goes back into the game world - no matter in what part of the menu i am ! Make backspace - as a back button !

Please share your thoughts until next patch !

1) It takes wayyyy to long to level-up in this game. It appears killing monsters does not give XP (correct me if I am wrong). That to me is a major mistake. Even if I am mistaking on that, the game simply takes too long to level up. At least so far in the early stages where I made level 5. 2) I don't care for how upgrading abilities works this time. You only have a couple slots so you have to upgrade a single ability heavily or else you cannot use all you've unlocked at once? Unless I misunderstand how it works, it appears you can only have up to 12 different special abilities the entire game. That is quite lame when you look at all the things the Witcher 2 allowed. The Witcher 2's player progression mechanic was far superior from what I can tell. 3) It takes way too long for vitality to regenerate when not in combat. First ability I upgraded was the +10 vitality per second when not in combat. Without it, you could never have enough health items to finish the game. I thought in older Witchers, meditating refilled the health, but in this one it does not. It's not so bad when crossing the country, but when on a major quest and in between battles, I often do things like make a cup of coffee while waiting for my health to refill. 4) I'm not sure what I feel about equipment that becomes damaged over time. This is something Oblivion tried but was removed from Skyrim if I recall properly. It becomes a bit tedious and expensive. Early on, it's hard to find coin. Having said that, I kind of like the added challenge. *note* My game is being played on death march thus progression is slow (lots and lots of deaths) and some of these things, especially number 3 and I imagine to an extend number 4 may not be as bad on easier difficulties.

Completely agree, but you actually gain experience from killing monsters on random roaming but very little, just before kill some group of drowner's check your exp points and kill some of them then check again the skill points are more, I play the game on the 3rd difficulty the one before that last HARDEST difficulty anyway. I want as well the health to be fixed it doesn't regenerate. ALSO this damaging of your weapons and armor is just broken, if you enter a long quest by the half of if y our sword i like on 55% and your armor is like on 49%. THEN you go to spend half of your collected gold just for fixing things and if the blacksmith have repair kits BUY THEM ... just reduce the damage on your equipment and to last longer. Once I had 890 crowns and went to the quest with the witch looking for that ELf guy ... by the end off it i spent 450 of my gold for repairs ... GREEEEEEEEEEEAT ! and how the sword is braking is just UNREALISTIC

Also the skill for calming and used in dialogs for persuasions I DON'T use this skill in open world at all but I NEED it constantly just to be sure that when go talk with some NPC I would needed, so it is wasting a whole slot just for that. Make the white skills passive AT LEAST they must be ... +500 vitality skill is awesome but c`mooon so many skills and so much limitations to use them. make the pockets universal all of the 6 if I want I want to place 6 bombs or 6 potions or only oils. MAke also when in inventory many to be able to consume food without having them to be equipped and then go to game and pres R and then go back to the menu and put in the slot what i want again. it is just too much navigatin on the menus for a simple task.

AUTOSAVE - with options to type in the number of minutes from 1 to 100 of how frequent the autosave should happen ! - no explination needed - pc or xbox - doesnt matter ! wtf is this shit ? is it that hard for a manual auto save engine for the game ?

---------- Updated at 03:00 PM ----------

TRUE ! THE DAMAGING OF WEAPONS AND ARMOR SHOULD BE 500% MORE SLOWER ! Also - repairing them should be 5 times cheaper !

WHY ARE TEXTURES LOADING IN FRONT OF ME ? (houses - the wood walls and tatoos on people and MANY MANY OTHER) ???

---------- Updated at 03:07 PM ----------

HOW can i make the wind in the game less stronger ? I mean the nature of trees themeselves seems like they are made out of paper, and the wind is about to rip them of the ground, how can i tweak that cause i reduced the speed and speed time to 1 and 0.1 in the ini file, and it doesnt have any effect !
The wind force should have a slider, that really is not REALISTIC :(

Last edited:
Didn't see this thread before I made a separate thread, so I'll post this here:

I realize this is minor, but having to hold the Gallop/Canter key while running doesn't feel right. Any way we can get a toggle option for it instead?

Also, I would really like to be able to bind more functions to a single key. For instance:

Jump and Surface
Roll and Dive
Sprint and Horse Gallop/Canter

Also, BRING BACK INDIVIDUAL SIGN CASTING FUNCTIONS FROM WITCHER 2!

EDIT: Also, double-tap W to gallop would be pretty nice as well. I find myself doing it instinctively after playing so much BF3/4

:facepalm::facepalm:This video should explain a lot what is wrong with the game !

1 - the obivous rendering of actual textures without even having to move the char around
2- the obvious stupid shadows on the far right of the screen on the rock mountains that dissapear when closer
3 - the most stupid way to die - fall from somewhere - makes me want to search for cheats ffs ! make all walkable places - WALKABLE not have cracks to say - yeah...well i die cause the game is realistic - NO FFS its annoying and stupid !

AND NOW SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO UPLOAD THE VIDEO ! I made a video with fraps have it on my pc !

---------- Updated at 03:53 PM ----------

Make the additional items slots on screen go as far as to the left as possible, they are in the middle of the screen and destroys imersion !

---------- Updated at 03:55 PM ----------

THERE ARE NO CLOUDS IN THE SKY, BUT THE GROUND SEEMS TO THINK THAT THERE ARE CONTINUOUSLY LITTLE CLOUDS UP THERE !
Cause i dont see other reason to make the landscape bright and not bright each 3 seconds ! wtf

---------- Updated at 04:11 PM ----------

the RESIZE SCALE HUD option in the menus is broken - it need to stretch left to right and more up and down ! i want that mini map stuck to the border of the screen ! also the char health bar and the additional items
IMERSION PEOPLE

---------- Updated at 04:15 PM ----------

THE WIND that witcher3 has, so that those trees seem like they are empty, and destroyes the whole part of realistic in the games, would keep the witchers hair in an ongoing battle from left to right depending on how you move - stupid game developers wanting money

The auto targeting works terribly, it frequently selects enemies off my screen or well out of melee range when I'm pointing the camera directly at the enemy I want to attack and I can't do anything about it except keep pointing at my chosen enemy until the game decides I should be able to attack it. I tried using the lock target function as a remedy, but the camera locking does more harm than good and this makes it even harden to fluidly switch to a new target that's just left itself exposed after a lunge/attack.

My suggestion would be to attack the enemy closest to the centre of the screen, and to let the current target switch to whatever you're looking at a significantly faster rate than it does now.

As it stands, this is the most "difficult" part of the game's combat, fighting bosses one-on-one is great, but as soon as I fight a group Geralt will switch between targets for no obvious reason at all, frequently doing a jumping sword attack into a bunch of enemies off to the side of the screen, while I'm pointing directly at the single enemy I've separated from the group.

Last edited:
Desperate cry for direction display without mini map, developers please!

I never want to see the mini map, I do not like it.
So I've removed it because for I like to find things out on my own, see the surroundings.
But when the direction display with how many foot and which direction to the quest I've focused on also goes away, because you want to hide mini map, that's not good at all.

That causes some is irritating and clumsy way to find my correct path everytime I get lost and that is to take up the complete map in the menu over and over again.

Please do me, or us.. this favour of giving us a way to see direction display and foot to current quest without seing mini map, please!

Just that tiny direction display with feet up in the corner without anything else. I like my UI small, no fuss.

Pro tip: calling devs boneheaded and asking them to be fired is not the best way of getting your point across on their forums no matter how legitimate your complaints are.

It would have been handy if...

... the crafting section told us what 'type' of armour the items are. Specifically, if the item is light, medium or heavy.

I'm in the crafting screen looking at Mountain folk boots. Ok, I know what the stats are, I know what the bonuses are, I know what level craftsman is required, but when I am trying to keep to an armour ttype, I have no idea whether they are light and will go with what I want, or heavy and I would just sell them because they are useless to my current playthrough/style :/

Top Bottom