• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
where did you find gamma? i really miss the option in the game

its way to bright - which is dissapointing for a horror setting like game

I've heard other people reply with this comment on Steam also. Not sure why other people don't have a gamma adjust. Maybe it's a Full Screen thing? Taking a guess here.

#1 [Suggestion][Option] Contract Acceptance

I've found quite a few Contract-quests that can, either, automatically start if entering an area or if you investigate a clue while exploring. I understand the need for this so players have the quest when they kill a Contract Monster but I would like to [suggest] if we could have a confirmation on these Contracts before it's accepted as official in the Journal.

My reason is I like to hear the narrative that builds up to the Contract if I grabbed the Contract from a billboard or met an NPC with this Contract. Therefore if I receive a confirmation box (for Contracts only) then I'll know to not accept it and find the beginning.

Lastly, but again, like it mentions in the subject line, this would be an option (Confirmation of Contract Acceptance) a player can choose to turn On (but is Off by default).

Yes I second that suggestion. I do like to get thé narrative and feel of what is going on first

Wild hunt is the first Witcher game I've played and I love it but I have to say going from a game like Skyrim to this, Witcher is horribly clunky and slow. While playing with friends we have come up with a list of improvements we would like to see patched in.

1. Roach should spawn out of thin air instead of running too you.
To many times does Roach get stuck on trees, people, houses, ect.

2. Roach has a lot of trouble opening gates.
I constantly have to get off Roach and walk forward through settlement gates and then call him through. He always will just stop in front of the gate and complain and the gate will not open.

​3. Ignite flames or fires is getting in the way of looting
It is a huge struggle to try and loot anything near a candle or camp fire, we’re constantly left lighting or putting out the fire or just walking in circles trying to get the right angle to loot the item
4. The quest marker trail throws you off in horse races, showing a different direction than the race
The marker trail on the mini map will usually lead you down different paths than the way the race is taking, it messes with your head.

5. Applying oils in combat
I know the game aims for some realism but, I can take off my clothes and change them in combat, I can repair my sword in combat… Why can I not apply an oil on my sword in combat?!

6. We don’t need the fade to black when enhancing our armor or weapons
The on screen prompt is enough.

7. Why do enhancements go away over time?
A sword won’t just breakdown in front of your eyes over time. Have enhancements gradually decrease after hitting with a weapon or damage taken to armor.

8. Roach should be able to swim
Roach will stop if ANYTHING gets in his path but I haven’t killed him yet by jumping off a cliff, that’s annoying enough but why can he not swim?! To many times is a place just 10 feet away but separated by a small body of water. I either have to dismount, swim across, then call him again, or keeping running on the edge of the water searching for a path.

9. Why in the inventory screen can we not see stat changes on additional attributes?
When looking at items for sale in a shop you can see the ups and downs next to the primary and additional attributes for weapons and armor, but in your inventory you can’t. It’s horrible.

10. The controls in the inventory and shop screen are plain clunky
Its very irritating to have to press all the way over to my equipped items then all the way back to my bag then all the way back to misc items and ect. Some sort of implementation of something similar to the L1 and R1 buttons to navigate from character to quests in the main screen would be nice.

11. A buy back option while trading
Nothing is more fun than accidently selling that sword you wanted to keep for 10 crowns and then paying 200 crowns to buy it back…

12. After meditating using L1 and then Square you should return to the game when pressing the back button
Another way the game is clunky, in Skyrim when you wait after it’s completed your returned to the game. Its just another button press not needed when I mediate after a battle by pressing L1 and then square, and then having to back out and then back out from the main player screen. I just want to replenish my health and stock and get back in the game.

13. I want to have the option to equip an item right after I buy in the shop screen
Another thing slowing down my experience is buying an item and then having to back out of the shop, then the conversation, equip it, and then enter the conversation and then shop screen again, and then sell the item. I want to buy it and sell it in the same visit.

These are just a few improvements we would like to see after playing for just around 8 hours.

Guards respond to threats, but all the bandits and henchmen of various guilds just ignore you no matter what..may be a bug. I hope it is a bug.

Hmm, and i was being xtra carefull not upset those i came across thé road and villages(for now) I will test this as soon as I finish work. It would be disapointing for the immersision especialy that i was planning to mess around with those bandits.

I think this was suggested many times already, but i want to do it as well... Please make storage for items. For example i like to collect relict swords and i have already problems with limits of weight.

I have two new suggestions:

1.) More storage; it's been said 500 times, but we need a place to store things we want to keep. Although it may or may not (I don't know) dampen the reality of the storyline, it would be nice to be able to purchase a home in any of the various cities, like Novigrad---or even have a little village house in White Orchard, or Claywick, or Oreton.

2.) I like to play with my mini-map OFF; so I think it would be a handy idea to include the names of nearby cities that are *readable* on the signposts used for fast travel. Say you want to get there on foot without bringing up your World Map, you should be able to follow the directional arrows provided by the signposts.

An increase in higher level enemies in the open world near/at the end game would be nice. Once your level is in the mid 30's there aren't any challenging foes.
Perhaps certain monster types, fiends, griffins, etc. could spawn slightly more frequently?

Is CD Project Red going to address Combat?

The combat in this game is pretty mediocre across the board. Are we going to see some changes, balance, improvements.?

Biggest problems for me are.

1. Animations are lacking and lock you in to random positions and are not responsive.
2. Why must I have to hit 3 buttons to use magic?
3. Why can't I use my oils during combat? Am I supposed to predict what type of enemy I encounter?
4. Tighten up the lock on feature and scrolling of lock on.
5. Remove automatic lock on to enemies animation.
6. Make dodge more fluid and bigger movement. Are we not Witchers?
7. Why does Geralt move like he is auditioning for Dance competition after he tells Ciri to not showboat in first Cutscene. needs adjusted.

If not for the Combat I would say Witcher 3 is perfect. But after playing Bloodborne and its masterclass combat system the Hunters are more of Witchers then the Witcher himself. Please tighten this up. Thank you

I'm fairly happy with the combat in this game. Especially considering how much of an upgrade it is from the Witcher 2.

My only real gripe is combat detection, and how you can't parry/dodge/roll outside of combat. This stuffs me up when I come close to human enemies (or enemies with range attacks) that detect me, since I then can't parry their arrows and they get easy pot-shots. That and lack of Tanking (defense/damage reduction) options, but I've yet to fully explore the skill trees so I may be wrong.

I think CDPR have done a fantastic job with the combat, and it's highly unfair of people to start comparing it to Bloodborne and the Souls games, which have had years to perfect its combat and is its primary focus. Whereas W3 has a million other aspects to worry about.

Last edited:
Honestly it just needs some adjusting and small fixes. There is some annoying things in the combat system that needs looked into. I have played far worse but I have played way better also. A Witcher is supposed to be a badass and right now I do not feel like a badass.

None of the witcher games have great combat but it is slowly improving with each literation. Combat is CDPR weakest point I believe. Even the lock controller scheme was bad. Signs and special bombs should have been map to the d-pad instead of using the redial menu.

@Se7en1984

For the love of God stop comparing it with other games shall we ? pretty please...

I have no major issues with combat in fact it's much more responsive and fluid than in TW2. I disliked the select sign and then cast thing but I programmed it like select and cast on my keyboard and it works perfectly, there are software that can do that as well but I guess you're on PS4 so I don't know what can be done ? I also agree with what @Tangsta said that combat detection need tweaking mainly because we can't parry arrows at long range.

We can use oils during combat (on PC), I heard it's not possible on consoles ? correct me if I am wrong.

Never used lock on feature, doing great without it.

Dodge is great though with large enemies or the ones with leaping attacks, use roll instead.

Don't understand your last point, please elaborate.

@Se7en1984

For the love of God stop comparing it with other games shall we ? pretty please...

I have no major issues with combat in fact it's much more responsive and fluid than in TW2. I disliked the select sign and then cast thing but I programmed it like select and cast on my keyboard and it works perfectly, there are software that can do that as well but I guess you're on PS4 so I don't know what can be done ? I also agree with what @Tangsta said that combat detection need tweaking mainly because we can't parry arrows at long range.

We can use oils during combat (on PC), I heard it's not possible on consoles ? correct me if I am wrong.

Never used lock on feature, doing great without it.

Dodge is great though with large enemies or the ones with leaping attacks, use roll instead.

Don't understand your last point, please elaborate.

Has combat been better now on mouse and keyboard? Cause it was so bad when I started this game when it came out and had to use controller ever since. It suck even more when you can just press 1 - 5 key and cast spell but you also have to press Q in additon. Make no sense, feel like the devs didn't care enough and just copy and paste as a console port.

Please give us separate category in inventory for books (like The Witcher 1), and also storage crate (also like in Witcher 1), because even with +100 saddlebags I am close to be overburden (having only all witcher armor sets and swords, exept Viper gear).

The combat in this game is pretty mediocre(blah blah blah blah.. Snip. )

If not for the Combat I would say Witcher 3 is perfect. But after playing Bloodborne and its masterclass combat system the Hunters are more of Witchers then the Witcher himself. Please tighten this up. Thank you

TLDR "Herp derp I played Bloodborne"

Except Bloodborne is basically just combat and little else. Poor comparison. The combat is fine in Witcher 3. Learn 2 play.

Last edited:
@Chri2Kng

Like I said I also disliked the use of Q before casting sign and that's why I programmed select + cast on my keyboard and some players are using some software to do the same, I also remapped the strong attack to the 5th button of my mouse so it doesn't need shift anymore other than that I don't have much to complain from KB+M scheme.

I never use controllers on PC so can't comment on that.

@Chri2Kng

Like I said I also disliked the use of Q before casting sign and that's why I programmed select + cast on my keyboard and some players are using some software to do the same, I also remapped the strong attack to the 5th button of my mouse so it doesn't need shift anymore other than that I don't have much to complain from KB+M scheme.

I never use controllers on PC so can't comment on that.

I'll wait until they fully finish doing all of their patches kind of like how it took forever with Inquisition to finally get proper mouse and keyboard support and then PC was just far superior to controller. Controller work as well as you imagine except the controller scheme is mediocre. It could be so much better and without that dumb redial menu, there would be no pause in battle. If they had map every sign and bombs to the d-pad instead, the combat would be much smoother and funner.

Top Bottom