• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
I absolutely love The Witcher 3, and it's easily one of my favorite games of all time. That said, I think there are a few things that could use improving or tweaking.
1. An extended quick select circle that includes potions. In the game's current state, I really couldn't see myself heavily relying on alchemy since I can only hotkey two potions at once, and one is always Swallow because it is so useful. If the quick select circle (the one for selecting signs and utility items like the crossbow) could be extended to allow several potions, I'm sure a lot of players would use more potions. I'd like to be able to use the Black Blood potion when fighting a vampire, but since Swallow and Thunderbolt are so universally applicable, I really don't see the need to. This also has the effect of making the toxicity system be completely trivial as I only use two types of potions to begin with, and those two can carry me through a fight pretty easily in most scenarios. I'm playing on Blood and Bones difficulty too, so it's not as if a lesser difficulty is why I don't need to make use of the full alchemy system, and I am in no way exceptionally adept at the combat either. If potions lasted longer, this wouldn't really be a problem, but the shorter times for potions actually makes this a better system, so that isn't the problem. The problem lies in how cumbersome it is to go to the inventory menu to take consumables since only two can ever be hotkeyed at once. If the quick selection circle had extra space (or maybe just force the player to choose between items and potions, if this extended to bombs it'd make the player choose which they needed more) to include potions, it would be a lot easier to justify knocking back different potions, and then the player would also have to balance the toxicity system as well. That still wouldn't solve the universal usefulness of Thunderbolt and Swallow, but it would still make players be more inclined to use other potions.
2. This may be a matter of personal taste more than anything else, but I think it'd be nice to have different levels of camera zoom to be available. I'd very much like the camera to be closer to Geralt's back (during exploration) than it is currently as it'd bring me closer to the environment, and that generally helps me with immersion. I know The Witcher 2 had a camera that was much closer to Geralt than the one in The Witcher 3, and in early trailer footage there were several scenes that seemed closer to Geralt than it is in the final product. That may due to fancy editing or a camera distance that was scrapped during development for whatever reason, but I think it wouldn't hurt to add options on this front as it really wouldn't hurt. Currently, I tend to do a lot of walking rather than jogging as the former is closer to Geralt and the other makes me a feel a little bit disconnected. I don't think this is a huge issue, and it's mostly a matter of preference, but throwing in options in the menu or assigning a button input to changing camera zoom levels just gives more customization to the players, and in a game this long, more options are always good.
3. This one is definitely a matter of personal taste. I think it'd be nice if I had the option to turn off the weather and time indicator on the HUD. As is, it is pretty obvious what the weather is like when one is outside, and the time isn't really an important detail. It's a pretty small indicator, but it still takes up space, and the more space that is available for me to see this gorgeous game, the better. All that's needed here is just the ability to toggle it on and off in the options.
4. This request might seem a little strange, but here it is: I think it'd be better if Dandelion's default voice actor re-recorded the loading screen narrations. I get that the current narrator is supposed to be an older Dandelion, but I think much of his delivery comes off as very flat and monotone. The voice actor for young Dandelion, however, does an excellent job showing excitement and emotion in The Witcher 3, and he also did a great job with the between act narrations in The Witcher 2's Enhanced Edition update, so I think having him do the older Dandelion narration would be a great improvement. I also don't really see what the game gains from having an older Dandelion at all. It's much easier to picture a young Dandelion reciting Geralt's tales in a tavern than it is to picture an older one doing so. Also, as a side note, using Dandelion as the narrator for all the Witcher games was an absolutely genius move as it accounts for every player having different choices because Dandelion might decided to change the tale depending on the situation.
Since I know you guys are handling all of the technical issues (which are being blown way out of proportion in terms of severity), these are really the only things I can think of that would help the game be better. The Witcher 3 really is a masterpiece in almost every way, and I still can't believe you guys did so well with it. I was expecting it to be good, but not this good. You've really outdone yourselves with this one.
P.S. It'd be really nice if there was a hairstyle that was the same as Geralt's in The Witcher 1.

You should make potions/decoctions often or everytime you got new one/upgrade. Just keep 10 or 20 each and you'll be fine without carrying excess loots. Higher level gears from human enemies are more expensive, you'll lose more profit by keeping useless stuffs. Or use Fiend Decoction it'll give you buff for extra weight limit but not by much, but it'll buy you time for visiting merchants without being overburdened, unless you are a stubborn hoarder lol.

Adressing a few issues

Hello, I played the game for over 60 hours now and I am lv 24. I am not finished with the game but I think I have quite a good understanding of what's going on in the game and therefore I'd like to mention a few issues:
1. The balancing is really off. In the beginning health is a big issue on higher difficulties but as soon as you have the gwen alternative mode it becomes nearly impossible to lose.
2. Gwent AI is extremely stupid. This is self explanatory: if you played a few hours of the game you should have realized that the AI makes obvious mistakes. And I am also talking about the final match of the "high stakes" quest on the maximum difficulty. It is embarrasing that even this enemy made an obvious mistake.
3. Why does Geralt die for honor?
Let me explain this point: there are many times in my playtime where I was forced to fight for my life in a fistfight and the enemy would obviously kill me if I was losing. There are two things wrong with this:
3.1 Geralt is not allowed to use any potions, bombs or weapons during a fist fight, even if it costs gim his life! He just dies because his honor denies him to use weapon to protect his life. This is a very ill logic, because if you beat the enemy you only knock him out but ig he wins the fight he doesn't hesitate to KILL you. It's just unfair.
3.2 The fistfight in the quest "high stakes" was the hardest fight so far and I am not talking about fistfights only. I am talking about every single fight in the game. This fistfight forced me to lower the difficulty, no other fight was so unfair that it forced me to basically give up. Maybe I am doing something wrong but this fight is really unfair because my opponents' heavy attack sometimes penetrates my block whereas my heavy attack seem to have no influence even if I am beating on him repeatatly for like 5 minutes...
4. The loot system is extremely unrewarding. The random loot you find in hidden treasures is always crap and you can always have better equip by just wearing the cat, griffin or bear set which are very easy to find and therefore a far more reliable source than random loot.
5. Logic when it comes to money is broken. Let me compare two rewards here:
5.1 I get a few warriors from skellige to leave a brothel which they claimed for themselves. The whore who asked me to do this offered me a large amount of money which she and the whole staff had collected to pay me. It turned out to be 15 krones.
5.2 Some poor peasant asks me to take down a monster and gives me over 200 krones for it.
Where is the logic in this? How can the peasant offer me 10 times as much as a whole brothel?
6. Money has very little value. At some point in the game you will have enough money and you can always pick the option to denie the money you are offered and play the "good guy". Not because you are the godd guy but you don't need the coin anyways. It's just stupid how money means nothing and you always can afford everything...

Don't get me wrong: I do love the witcher 3 and I do believe it is one of the best RPGs ever made and most certainly GOTY but there is also plenty wrong with this game and I am not talking about bugs which I had also plenty of (sound bugs, balance bugs, graphical bugs, open world positioning bugs, etc.)
I am sorry for my bad english and my mistakes.

[SARD EDIT: MAJOR POSSIBLE SPOILER. DO NOT CLICK IF THATS AN ISSUE FOR YOU.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wondering but do any of you guys and girls know if their planning on making freeroam available for Ciri but without any of the main stuff or any of the skills Geralt has. I'd really like to freeroam as ciri it would be beyond epic.

1. Quen is always OP the only question is where you use it, and where not
2.I haven't seen that many obvious mistakes especially the whole using a decoy/healer card to reuse a spy card makes games interesting
3. There are a few such forced fistfights, but yeah that one is the worst (story wise), though i wouldn't call it the hardest.
4. Yeah from a player standpoint it is unrewarding but from the game perspective It's better than finding some awesome armor in some crate
5. For one killing a monster is a lot harder than getting those warriors to leave, also the brothel isn't the best in town.
6. Yes that happens in every open world game

I'm not exactly in the mood for a long and detailed feedback about the whole game, but I'll just throw three quick points here:

- Mi first issue is with "loot over-bloat", but I already dedicated a thread to it, so here's a quick link: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...t-detracts-from-the-game-it-doesn-t-add-to-it

- My second "complaint" is about quest design. While I think this game is far better than most in that sense, and I'm more than willing to praise CDPR for it, I also have the feeling it sometimes relies a bit too much on trackers and markers. There are too many scenarios where the game doesn't actually give you enough information to figure out things and instead gives you a GPS marker with a vague instruction on your journal like "Search THIS area" or "Get this [allegedly] hidden treasure. While I can see why developers think this kind of hand-holding could be a necessary evil in the modern market, I think as a general design principle it would be a nice idea if quests were designed with the idea of being perfectly intelligible and play-tested to be played out without any tracker active.
For instance instead of "Search a treasure HERE" * puts yellow marker on map* it could give you hints and directions like "I buried my treasure somewhere under the mill on the top of that hill in that small town" and let the player figure out things.

- The third issue (and this is probably minor compared to the previous two) is that, among the many minor issues with the inventory/UI, I genuinely don't see the reason to limit "equippable" potions and bombs to two at the time. Especially considering it's not even an actual limitation and you can replace them at any time even during combat (which in other words means it's just a minor but tedious annoyance, rather than a matter of balance).

I think this was suggested many times already, but i want to do it as well... Please make storage for items. For example i like to collect relict swords and i have already problems with limits of weight.

Re: all the storage requests - is it not actually possible to just leave stuff somewhere? For example, in the Baron's daughter's house? :D I haven't tried keeping stuff I dropped on the ground for very long times, but occasionally I did put something down to avoid overburdening, and when I went back, it was still there.
So why not just use some random house in a city as your storage? XD
of course if it just disappears after a time for whatever reason, that's certainly a bummer.

6. Money has very little value. At some point in the game you will have enough money and you can always pick the option to denie the money you are offered and play the "good guy". Not because you are the godd guy but you don't need the coin anyways. It's just stupid how money means nothing and you always can afford everything...

I agree. The issue is related to the looting system.
To much junk items to find and sell. You have enough money and you simply don't need to do contracts anymore. Because contracts give you only money for reward, very few xp. But if I have no problem with money, then there is no reward for that.
They really need to fix this problem, increasing the value of items bought from merchants and reducing the loot.

Re: all the storage requests - is it not actually possible to just leave stuff somewhere? For example, in the Baron's daughter's house? :D I haven't tried keeping stuff I dropped on the ground for very long times, but occasionally I did put something down to avoid overburdening, and when I went back, it was still there.
So why not just use some random house in a city as your storage? XD
of course if it just disappears after a time for whatever reason, that's certainly a bummer.
Well, it's a bit... scary having to rely on mere chance without being sure, when it comes to store your most valuable stuff.

Character creation would.............

Character creation would be the greatest add in for the next Witcher game. If the next game started with you creating your character it would open up all kinds of possibilities for the game series. You are giving the player a chance to be a Witcher not play as an already established character and as I already the possibilities become endless. The games producers could tie in old characters and story lines as well as creating amazing new ones.

Even having glitches, being able to create my own Witcher would put the Witcher series at a 10 out of 10 for me.

Having a generic player created character limits writing in all kinds of ways. Having to make every choice and turning point in a story to fit as broad of a range of characters as possible.

So having a character like Geralt greatly improves how a story can be written and how it plays out.
So if they do decide to go with char creation while it would certainly give a sense of going through your own adventure it will also make the series considerably worse. Story wise.

...Unless you mean only appearance wise, then that would not have much of an effect.(that would only limit the fact that characters could not call you by name, or nicknames such as ''the white wolf'')

Last edited:
IF scaling is ever implemented, it should be as a TOGGLE SWITCH in options. No need to impose this kind of shitty design mechanic on the rest of us who are happy with the way it is.

If it were already scaled, unscaling it would require a lot of work. Scaling (at least from I've seen with modding other games) is much easier to achieve. Since unscaled levels are already there I agree that it is an excellent idea to leave such an option in, so everyone gets what they want.

People need to understand that such a leveling system and such un-scaled world is IMPOSSIBLE to balance

If it is unscaled, you mean? If so, then yes, balancing is impossible. The balance could be made better, but it is impossible to get completely right. In a scaled world though balance would be there- no matter how many missions you do the future missions will always be around your level. It might be a little easier because you have more abilities, but it would still hopefully remain a challenge.

I'm all for scaling Witcher Contracts or any mission that would have you fight a really unique 1 off monster. Other than that I'm good the way it is.

Even in important side quests and (most importantly) main missions?

Having a generic player created character limits writing in all kinds of ways. Having to make every choice and turning point in a story to fit as broad of a range of characters as possible.

So having a character like Geralt greatly improves how a story can be written and how it plays out.
So if they do decide to go with char creation while it would certainly give a sense of going through your own adventure it will also make the series considerably worse. Story wise.

^+1
plus it would limit the player and the story depth

Having a generic player created character limits writing in all kinds of ways.
I don't think it's true at all.
If anything the opposite, since pre-existing characters should stick at least to some degree to their lore, while custom characters wouldn't suffer that limitation.

Beside, even looking at these three games so far, there isn't a single part in the whole Geralt adventure that wouldn't be possible even with a custom character.
Well, beside the obvious references to the pre-existing books and people addressing you by your proper name, I guess.

Beside, even looking at these three games so far, there isn't a single part in the whole Geralt adventure that wouldn't be possible even with a custom character.
Well, beside the obvious references to the pre-existing books and people addressing you by your proper name, I guess.
And all of your friendships and other relationships, the whole Yenna/Triss thing, your relationship with ciri, the point that the lore is based around geralt but apart from that yeah it would be possible with a custom character

Top Bottom