• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
oh no please, its one the last rpg that dosnt have that crap, bad creation tools, no sotry depth, weird interactions all over the place with npcs, inconsistant story loopholes, and i could go on ...

leave geralt alone

And all of your friendships and other relationships, the whole Yenna/Triss thing, your relationship with ciri, the point that the lore is based around geralt
...Which could all be replaced with similar relationships with similar characters (hell, relationships you would actually build during the games too, instead of relying on pre-existing material, imagine that) without needing to any degree to have necessarily a famous character from a novel in the leading role.

...Which could all be replaced with similar relationships with similar characters (hell, relationships you would actually build during the games too, instead of relying on pre-existing material, imagine that) without needing to any degree to have necessarily a famous character from a novel in the leading role.

then why even bother with the original Witcher univers anymore ? just make an rpg with a random fantasy world, like all the other rpg with character creation

There are pros and cons to both pre-established and customizable characters.

But a lot of the objections here aren't entirely necessary. A customizable character could have friends and a love life from before the start of a game. And if a character does or says things that are always, for example, angry, calmer options latter in the game could become impossible to select.

But no one has done that, probably because it would be very difficult to achieve. I'm okay both, though another option would be a hyrbid.

if they will put custom creation i hope they will put a good default character because im not good at customizing, which will ruin my entire walkthrough if i dont like my own char (like in DA where all the male chars looked like homos)

I have a few requests:

Please make a 3D model viewer when looking through the bestiary so that we can get the most out of the artists hard and beautiful work.

Secondly, I'd love it if we were able to dye different aspects of the Witcher gear we obtain.

Lastly, I'd love to be able to further upgrade the starting Witcher gear. It's a shame to have such badass looking armor and just have it lying around with no real use past level 4.

EDIT: Oh, and I'd love to have cloaks/capes in the game with that delicious cloth physx.

Last edited:
Don't think character creation fit the witcher world - it will always be overshadowed with the Geralt's presence. In other words, Geralt, as protagonist in the witcher world is irreplaceable at least for me...

Yeah you see the whole point of the games are that they are book adaptations, and a quite good ones at that, of books around one specific main character and his adventures. To then go and throw all of that out of the window would not only mean much more work for the devs but it would also be completely pointless to even create a game around the books

then why even bother with the original Witcher univers anymore ? just make an rpg with a random fantasy world, like all the other rpg with character creation
I wouldn't care about that either, in fact. I just want to play good RPGs.
But the easy answer could be: "Because they already built a popular brand, because they already made a large player base familiar with a loved setting and because they have an appealing license and want to use it"?

Don't think character creation fit the witcher world - it will always be overshadowed with the Geralt's presence. In other words, Geralt, as protagonist in the witcher world is irreplaceable at least for me...
Well, Geralt is not an option anymore, anyway, since they already claimed the firm intent to drop it as main character.

Yeah you see the whole point of the games are that they are book adaptations
No, it's not the "whole point" at all. it was just a good license to work with for them.
In fact, to many people who came after, the books didn't even matter at all, and they have became somewhat relevant just after getting accustomed with the games.

Last edited:
Bring back concept armor.

I was going to make this a poll but messed it up and cannot edit it into one so use this instead. http://strawpoll.me/4503467
Most of the concept armor for the game was visually more pleasing and the only armor that made it was the Kaer Morhen armor Geralt starts with which is sadly useless for the late game (Here is a mod to make it viable for the entire game http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/m...er3/ajax/moddescription/?id=48&preview=&pUp=1)
I'd like to see if people would agree for a re-design of the armors or perhaps adding them later on as DLC. Here are some examples.

Also, armor from the previous games don't import and is instead scattered around the world at random, that's also annoying.

Last edited:
@Tuco Good post, I agree with all your your points.
So far, I barely ever felt like I got something truly special via looting, since there are just so many items in the game. Once I got a really cool looking steel sword but ~20 minutes after that, I already found a much better - but not as 'cool looking' - one.

About the quests: yes, there's a little too much handholding built in the game - so turning off the minimap wouldn't solve the problem, it would just make the exploration frustrating (at least for me), since most of the time you indeed don't have enough information to find what you need. Thankfully, I still find the quests very intriguing, so this is less of a problem for me.

Finally, I wholly agree on the potions issue, It's tedious having to go to the inventory to equip different ones. Also, a read/unread marking system for books and notes is absolutely necessary in my opinion. As well as a separate grid for potions/bombs/oils/food and books/notes.

Last edited:
I really loved the fur collar in final tier of the Bear gear.
it was a disappointment to learn it wasn't in the final game when I crafted the mastercraft version.

I wouldn't care about that either, in fact. I just want to play good RPGs.
But the easy answer could be: "Because they already built a popular brand, because they already made a large player base familiar with a loved setting and because they have an appealing license and want to use it"?

well then you have other rpg with character creation, wich in my opnion are all inferior to W3 and the character creation option is one of the main factor

No, it's not the "whole point" at all. it was just a good license to work with for them.
In fact, to many people who came after, the books didn't even matter at all, and they have became somewhat relevant just after getting accustomed with the games.

yeah and geralt is clearly not a part of it

i played ME, DA, TES skyrim, Fallout ... they all felt so flat compared to having a character similar to Geralt, i have no need to create a character or wanna bother with it

A good main lead character that you can identify with

A believable fantasy world that dosnt throw illogical shit and story loopholes at every corner

thats what W3 is good at

Last edited:
Finally, I wholly agree on the potions issue, It's tedious having to go to the inventory to equip different ones. Also, a read/unread marking system for books and notes is absolutely necessary in my opinion. As well as a separate grid for potions/bombs/oils/food and books/notes.
Massive YEP on both accounts.

One of the issue with customization characters is that creating different characters in a Medieval setting should result in entirely different stories, but can't due to limits in developer times. For instance, playing as an elf or a dwarf should be radically different from playing as a human, but in almost all games that give you the option there are only very small, mostly dialogue differences between playing as one race or the other. And playing as a female should have only very few similarities with as playing as a male (sexism, people asking you how you can be a female and a warrior, etc), but all games that I can think of create unrealistic worlds where both physical differences in strength and endurance (among other things) between the genders and sexism (which exists partly/mainly because of the physical differences) simply don't exist.

The same goes for classes- playing as a mage results in very few differences in most games, where in the Witcher world it would play a large difference. I am unsure about conventional racism in the Witcher world (i.e. if there is distrust/prejudice between humans of different skin colour), but playing as a black character would still indicate a very (for the world) unique backstory, one that the player might not want their character to have.

So a realistic character creator that does not involve an unrealistic amount of developer time to make needs to limit the player to be a non-mage human male, though that male can be any skin colour. This (and particularly the gender limitation) would be absolutely unacceptable to many players.

Last edited:
well then you have other rpg with character creation, wich in my opnion are all inferior to W3 and the character creation option is one of the main factor
But that's the thing, i don't want to discuss how much you like or not like other RPGs, I'm pointing that you are making a misjudgment here claiming that a character from a novel is what is setting this game apart.
Do you think Inquisition or Skyrim would be any less shitty if instead of custom characters they had... let's say someone from a Harry Potter book, or Shannara or from a Terry Pratchett's novel?

yeah and geralt is clearly not a part of it
Not sure what point you are trying to make, to be honest. I'm not shitting on Geralt, I like him very much as a main character. I'm just pointing that Geralt coming from a novel is not what makes the games good and there's nothing preventing CDPR with coming up with a new custom protagonist written as well as their version of Geralt is.

Top Bottom