• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
what ? thats like saying Dragon ball z would have been as successful as it is without let say ... goku, or Naruto, yes Witcher isnt an anime, and the game is not exclusivly centered around geralt back story or decisions and sometime you play him like you created that charcter, you're just there filling a contract making decision between being helful or not ect ..., but claiming he dosnt play any role in the sucess of the game is not right

would have been nice if roach wasnt a total prick

Why is he a prick? :hmm:

---------- Updated at 03:54 PM ----------

They could improve some menus, especially things related to alchemy. Searching your inventory for a potion, oil or decoction is annoying. For example, they could add two more fields to the ring-menu (where you choose sign and items). One on the left for applying oil to steel sword and one on the right for applying oil to silver sword and when you choose it, you simply get another ring menu with the specific oils (beast and human for steel and all the other stuff for silver). In addition, I would change the sorting of the inventory to: oils > potions > decoctions > bombs rather than: oils > scrolls > decoctions > potions > bombs.
When crafting alchemy, you should have the option to hide every item you already have in your inventory.
Also, when clicking on an empty potion-slot in the inventory (same for bombs), it should jump you to the potions right away, instead of just setting you to the top of your inventory.
You might also consider an option to lock an oil to a blade, so that it is refreshed after every fight until you lock another oil to it. Especially with the first oils (20 hits), clearing an dungeon of necrophages (or other types) gets uncomfortable.
Apart from some clunky menues, i am absolutely in love with this game. Brilliant job CD Project and the fact that you are still improving the game makes it even more awesome.

I love what they ive done with the menus but yeah it can also be improved!

Could the devs patch the camera spacing? (Major issue All devs, admin and mods read)

What causes gaming motionsickness? This: When your inner ear tells you that you aren't moving but your eyes sense realistic movement. In Witcher 3 the over the shoulder camera and near cam creates the illusion of realistic movement for some people giving them motionsickness. This doesn't happen to everybody btw.

Is there a way you can give console PS4 and Xbox One owners an option to move the camera back? It's almost impossible to play this game because the camera is making me and a few others sick.

The second problem is the Witcher senses. This also gives a few people motionsickness or headaches. Narrow field of view can make many people that never get motionness final experience motionsickness. Maybe just turn the screen grey without the screen distorting the visuals.

your proper name, I guess.

That is a not an issue. I hate when games with a character creation system allow you to choose a name, but then the NPCs call your character with a dumbass nickname.
Having a character creation system with a ready-made name would be a solution.

But that's the thing, i don't want to discuss how much you like or not like other RPGs, I'm pointing that you are making a misjudgment here claiming that a character from a novel is what is setting this game apart.
Do you think Inquisition or Skyrim would be any less shitty if instead of custom characters they had... let's say someone from a Harry Potter book, or Shannara or from a Terry Pratchett's novel?

Not sure what point you are trying to make, to be honest. I'm not shitting on Geralt, I like him very much as a main character. I'm just pointing that Geralt coming from a novel is not what makes the games good and there's nothing preventing CDPR with coming up with a new custom protagonist written as well as their version of Geralt is.

logic

LOGIC

LOGIC

LOGIC?

Minority Opinion.

Nobody said Geralt is solely THE part that makes the game great or sets it apart from other.

Many other aspects are there.

But simply talking about playable character.

Geralt IS the glue and attraction.

Thats like sayin solid snake or big boss aren't integral to MGS.

Remember the outrage when Kojima ditched Hayter for BB?

I think there would be just as much outrage if CDPR ditched David as Geralts VA.

...Which could all be replaced with similar relationships with similar characters (hell, relationships you would actually build during the games too, instead of relying on pre-existing material, imagine that) without needing to any degree to have necessarily a famous character from a novel in the leading role.

It's not the same. Relationships in Divinity Original Sin, Pillars, Gothic etc...aren't nearly strong as relationships in TW just because those are made in the books, which is means that there is a strong background beyond them.

Thats like sayin solid snake or big boss aren't integral to MGS.
no, that's like saying that without Solid Snake or Big Boss the developer who created them could come up with other equally-appealing characters.

Remember the outrage when Kojima ditched Hayter for BB?
I do. God, that was stupid and embarrassing.

But that's the thing, i don't want to discuss how much you like or not like other RPGs, I'm pointing that you are making a misjudgment here claiming that a character from a novel is what is setting this game apart.
Do you think Inquisition or Skyrim would be any less shitty if instead of custom characters they had... let's say someone from a Harry Potter book, or Shannara or from a Terry Pratchett's novel?

Not sure what point you are trying to make, to be honest. I'm not shitting on Geralt, I like him very much as a main character. I'm just pointing that Geralt coming from a novel is not what makes the games good and there's nothing preventing CDPR with coming up with a new custom protagonist written as well as their version of Geralt is.

Would they be any less shitty if they actually had a character you could build a story around?

Yes they would

How did those games end up being "shit" while having the awesome thing that is a character creator anyway?

It's not the same. Relationships in Divinity Original Sin, Pillars, Gothic etc...aren't nearly strong as relationships in TW just because those are made in the books
No, they are not as strong simply because they are nowhere near as developed.

Would they be any less shitty if they actually had a character you could build a story around?

Yes they would
Eh, I think that they are overall mechanically disastrous and poorly written games way before being "too little focused on the main character".
it comes far higher in the priority list of the problems they should address.

no, that's like saying that without Solid Snake or Big Boss the developer who created them could come up with other equally-appealing characters.

I do. God, that was stupid and embarrassing.

I thought it was a bit much too. But you see the point... You're in the minority. I don't see why the person who isn't as involved in the lore of the books. T.V series and games has a more valid opinion over someone who has been in terms of who is or isn't an integral part of that fictional world.

People have grown attatched for years, because it's a formula that works. And if it aint broke why fix it?

Yes they would

Sorry, but it's not true. The shitty quest design in Inquisition or Skyrim is not affected at all by the lack of a ready-made character.
Tuco has his point here.
What makes an RPG a good RPG is the structure.

i didnt really like the male character customization at all, i ended up hating my character and never finished DA:I

Matter of taste I guess, there's nothing wrong with the character creator in my opinion.
You could create a female character, my canon Inquisitor is elven.
In TW3 my canon character is Geralt of course, but in Cyberpunk, who knows what options will be available, it will be interesting to see what CDPR do.

Yeah there needs to be a house we can own and dump craft mats at, and store old gear we like the look of and whatnot.

Don't forget to vote using the strawpoll link at the top. I was going to make this a poll but messed it up and cannot edit it into one. Apologies. If we gather enough votes and interest we might see at least some that will make it as DLC.

Sorry, but it's not true. The shitty quest design in Inquisition or Skyrim is not affected at all by the lack of a ready-made character.
Tuco has his point here.
What makes an RPG a good RPG is the structure.

Shitty quest design is not, the shitty writing certainly is. Same with Skyrim and with every other CC game (as nobody has ever made a good one as of yet).

Top Bottom