• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Jesus fuck man wtf didn't you put a spoiler in the thread title wtf or spoiler tag story specific points in that giant wall of text.

What a clown.

Yes. GIve us the option to customize the controller layout and we will find a better way to play. Make a Patch to make possible customize the Walk/Run Toggle option for controller. This patch doesn't need to change the default way that the game works. Just make it more customizable.

Yeah, to that I agree completely. What I was saying was.

Drowner = Drowner < Drowned Dead
as it should be
not
Drowner[1] < Drowner[29] = Drowned Dead[23] < Drowned Dead[25] < Drowner[30] < White Orchard Griffin
as it currently is

Out of curiosity, what would your fix be then?

A reminder - there's a sub-forum for technical support issues. Bringing up issues that are already being covered there doesn't help get the message to the developers, it simply annoys other forum users.

A post (and therefore the reply to it) has been deleted.

Jesus fuck man wtf didn't you put a spoiler in the thread title wtf or spoiler tag story specific points in that giant wall of text.

What a clown.

Whoa, did my reply really come off as seething hatred and extremely aggressive? If so, I had no intention to do so. ~shrugs~

Whoa, did my reply really come off as seething hatred and extremely aggressive? If so, I had no intention to do so. ~shrugs~

What are you talking about?

Oh I'm sorry I guess I was out of line for having the common sense for others consideration to expect not to find spoilers in a forum that has a dedicated spoiler section a spoiler warning sticky and spoiler tag capabilities when discussing a game that came out barely 2 weeks ago.

My expectations are obviously unreasonably high

That OP is ridiculous

1: A lot of the skills need to be rebalanced, the shield among them.
2: Likely not high priority, also might be very difficult to achieve.
6: Stealing/killing animals in towns should have the guards attack you. Loot outside of towns should be less common in general, and junk should sell for less.

Out of curiosity, what would your fix be then?

Proper difficulty heatmapping and like I said:
Drowner = Drowner < Drowned Dead < Boss Drowned Dead

If you want to use the broken concept of "level" to describe that in a The Witcher context. Then I guess it would have to be something like.

Drowner Level Range: 1 - 5, heatmapped appropriately / NOT Drowner Level Range: 1 - 30
Drowned Dead Level Range: 6 - 10, heatmapped appropriately

Of course this is just an example, a little bit of testing is needed to figure out the exact numbers.

Combine this with a sort of quasi-fluid quest level scaling system, where certain things just cap out eventually, as to not have retarded bullshit like a simple Wraith being as powerful as a Manticore for example.

This is hardly a new problem, many games have faced it during development and many have succeeded in building great, natural, believable worlds that didn't have to resort to the laziness of level scaling everything, all it takes is time and effort, and from the way the game was released, clearly they didn't have time to finish everything. I can only hope that they will do another pass at the map and the difficulty heatmap.

Last edited:
The fuck. How are there not enough buttons? You need ONE button, just like when you ride Roach!

I also want this. GTA5 works this way and it is much more convenient.

edit

---------- Updated at 04:46 PM ----------

Do you recall in the controversy created when the second Dragon Age came out and there was no option to play as a dwarf or an elf? I suspect it would be lessened for the Witcher, but it would still be an issue.

But that is different.
A Witcher cannot be a dwarf or an elf.

I consider 2 mins of not getting hit requires some skill to achieve, not using healing that is. I always get hit and end up using quen or food+swallow.
Easy?, I don't know, I think we should be able to kill monsters, easy would be a 4 hits KO fight.

Fixed protagonist is fine.
Character creation is fine.

Both are different, both have pro's and con's.
It the protagonist is fixed, make the character interesting, be it Geralt of Rivia or Lara Croft.
If there is a player creation choice, make the choice a real one with wide character types, genders and character agency.

Uh, you guys know there's not going to be another Geralt game, right? So if there's another game set in the Witcher "universe" (sorry, can't think of a better term even if this one makes me cringe), it's either going to be about a different character, or there will be character creation.

Also, AFAIK Cyberpunk 2077 will have character creation. So if they do it in the next Witcher game, it won't be a first for CDPR either. Not to mention it blows my mind that some of you apparently have so little faith in their writers that you think they can't pull this off.

Top Bottom