• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
i think it depends on your rig and set up. do you have the field of view maxed out? i never get this. i am playing on ultra. i already see everyhing from afar. there woulf only be a difference in lod when viewing near and far. no delay in loading

To be honest there are not a lot of things I would change (unless I was to be overly specific) but there are a few that bother me:

1- Not a fan of the leveling/skill system. You get points to invest in skill trees that represent a group of skills that you may or may not end up using because you have limited skill slots which are then influenced by mutagens. Seems to me if we remove mutagen enhancing there is nothing stopping the skill system to follow the regular skill tree system. Granted mutagens make it more "complex" but then again they make the system feel very "gamey" instead of the regular "I learned this skill therefore I can use it". If I remember correctly the Witcher 2 skill system was like a marriage between the two and I enjoyed it more.

2- Like every RPG that prides on not using level scaling, eventually it becomes a limitation. Quests turned gray, loot becomes useless and you are punished for the way you play the game. Considering it's an "open" world RPG, I don't think that is a good thing. Sure, level capped monsters and quests are good but I believe a range in which the game scales (say level 5-10, and then 10 to 15 - or perhaps zone specific) would open a window for more meaningful loot and challenges. As it stands, if you are an explorer, you will hit a wall in progression basically limiting you to only the "witcher gear" - nothing else you find be it relic or magical item will be useful for anything other then selling or disassembling. Likewise a lot of quests become XP-less because of the level lock. The system in Witcher 3 is good for say D&D type of game that is more linear and where slaying monsters and solving quests provides specific amount of xp regardless of your level (level locks are still in place but only as a requirement for survival of said quests) but in an open game like this, you might as well hand me the "guide" as to what to solve and explore and when unless I want it to become invaluable.

3- It would be great if you could scout with Witcher senses the locations before you get dangerously close. "Oh sh**" moments are fine but one can run from enemies beyond their current level only so many times before it takes the magic away. I would prefer the "that thing is huge, let me leave it alone for now" approach instead.

4- Custom map marks. You don't have to even bother with the previous thing if I could write myself what awaits me on some locations be it positive or negative.

That is pretty much it. Also whoever said we need a trophy room or something +1

This is a request regarding controls, hopefully it reaches developer eyes and even more so, it gets into the game. Hope dies last, don't let it die please.

What buggers me is animation and character controls. For instance if you perform ROLL and right after that press Q to cast sign and hold it down while roll animation is played. Upon completion of roll animation Geralt wont cast a sign. You have to press the button again, meanwhile if you roll and continue holding one of the movement keys, your character keeps on moving in the right direction.

This is one of the many things that makes controls feel awkward and clunky in comparison to other games.

2- Like every RPG that prides on not using level scaling, eventually it becomes a limitation. Quests turned gray, loot becomes useless and you are punished for the way you play the game. Considering it's an "open" world RPG, I don't think that is a good thing. Sure, level capped monsters and quests are good but I believe a range in which the game scales (say level 5-10, and then 10 to 15 - or perhaps zone specific) would open a window for more meaningful loot and challenges. As it stands, if you are an explorer, you will hit a wall in progression basically limiting you to only the "witcher gear" - nothing else you find be it relic or magical item will be useful for anything other then selling or disassembling. Likewise a lot of quests become XP-less because of the level lock. The system in Witcher 3 is good for say D&D type of game that is more linear and where slaying monsters and solving quests provides specific amount of xp regardless of your level (level locks are still in place but only as a requirement for survival of said quests) but in an open game like this, you might as well hand me the "guide" as to what to solve and explore and when unless I want it to become invaluable.
You bring up a good point, also an "oh-shit" point for me. I've been doing a lot of exploring and gathering of witcher gear, which made me often fight monsters twice my level. I am only level 12 on hard difficulty, but already have T2 griffin and T1 cat school sets ready to be crafted. To be honest I would prefer hard quests to remain HARD and not become a cake walk just because I am 4 levels above the requirement.

Maybe they can make a new game mode, where all quest monsters will keep up with you when you out level them. In fact, I much prefer doing quests where monsters are a couple of levels above me, because it presents a true challenge where you HAVE TO use oils and potions, even decoction's to survive.

The first time I killed a bear is still fresh in my memory. I was level 6 or 7 and stumbled across a bear in the woods, I needed bear fat anyway so I decided to take him on, the bear was level 12... I was like "I am not even damaging it!", did not have the bestiary entry yet, so I had to rely on my fighting sense, luck and Geralt's good looks. Yeah, good times.

Regarding other gear outside of witcher school gear, have not found a single item that was better. Having loot being a higher level then you is good when you have a place to store it and are not forced to carry it with you all over the place until you go 10 levels up or so. But finding what seem to be good loot but 5 level below your current is boring.

Last edited:
This is the worst thread ever. It's a nightmare just reading through all of this. Not to mention every other suggestion/request thread gets merged into this and it all adds up into a giant mess. Seriously now, no one is gonna sort all of this to implement it. It would be the OP's job if anything but he doesn't give a f*ck, the mods sure give even less f*cks and only care for showing off their ban hammer and merging threads and not to mention this is more of a "I hate this, I love that" thread rather than actual feedback. Feedback implies taking into account the mechanics of the game as a whole and adjusting those to make the experience more enjoyable for everyone in general. Seems more like everyone's just complaining rather than giving actual feedback. Whatever, enjoy your clusterf*ck, I sure as hell don't want to post anything else and get it merged into nothingness.

+1

I like to see a video of that once the ai goes into block mode there is no way to do damage unless you back up and spam a button. Mgs on ps2 has better hand to hand than this crap

Are you serious? Maybe this game is too complex for you if you can't figure that out on your own. There might be some Facebook games more your speed.

Last edited:
My suggestions :

1) An inventory with more tabs.
Especially to separate alchemy and craft items and to separate books/notes and potions.
According to me that could clarify the whole thing.

2) Another wheel to be able to select among a lot of oils and potions.
Because only two fast potions are not enough, it involves us to go to the inventory each time before AND after a fight, and it's quiet annoying.

(this topic in fact : http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/44560-Two-important-updates-that-would-make-TW3-the-best-game)

My only two gripes about this game right now are:

1. Monsters other than nekkars, wolves, drowners, foglets, ect...dont respawn. Thats a big issue for me. Not only do they make you feel like a true monster hunter and offer more interesting and challenging monster fights, but they have a lot of materials specifically needed for crafting. I can't craft a lot of potions because i already killed a lot of the monsters before hand. So I have no means to make potions that require golem hearts because golems dont respawn. I need two. Ekimmara hide I need as well and I have no means to go out on my own and hunt down a vampire. It took me 3 hours to find enough wriaths to get powdered monster tissue!!! 3 hours! This is in large due to the fact that they dont respawn. I looked all over the map in new areas and old to find wraiths, i looked during the day and during the night, and during 4 in game weeks i only found 4 wraiths and 2 of them didnt drop what i needed. It should be hard to get materials but not to find them. I mean come on. I'm raiding the swamps during the night (in game) and come up empty handed for 4 in game weeks...come on.

2. monsters don't level as you do. Im just mowing over enemies at this point. I took on a level 16 cyclops and it only took like 5 hits to down him.

Okay now here are 2 suggestions. SPOILER AHEAD....SPOILER AHEAD....I REPEAT SPOILER AHEAD. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER ..
V

1. okay so minor SPOILER, but after the game there are no characters like ciri, triss, yen, avallac'h, eskle, lambert, ect...all gone. You get spawned into a large empty fortress surrounded by an even larger empty wilderness. The loneliness hits you like a brick from left field. If in some dlc or update or something could those characters be returned to us in some way. Like quests with ciri, triss, and/or yen? Its very hard to play without those characters being there in the world.

2. Is it possible to rebuild kaer morhen? It'd be cool if we could restore the school to its former glory, finding the old secrets to the trail of grasses, get mages to help us, find recruits. that sort of thing.

3. Add some sort of radiant quests to the game. Skyrim had a very simple radiant quest system in their game with the guilds. Like the assassin guild you could get contracts to assassinate people, companion guild you could hunt monster ;) , the thieves guild you could get thieving contracts. Well I think a similar and well put together radiant quest system in Witcher 3 would be perfect. Like the contract system except you could get like temporary blips on the map saying new contract, and the contract is only available for like 30mins, but there are like 5 or 6 contracts on the whole map so you wouldnt just be doing a contract every 30 mins. Also contracts pay more or less depending on the job which could vary largely. Like small jobs like clearing out a troublesome ghoul nest that only pays a couple hundred coins, to a contract that could pay 1000 coins for killing a griffin. A radiant quest system would not only help get unique materials for crafting, but it would also give the game a lot more new and refreshing playable content. with an infinite diverse amount of contracts you can take whenever you want to go out on a hunt.

4. Not really essential, but eventually it'd be cool if we could get more maps and areas to explore that are large enough to feel like a full fledged map.

5. More witcher gear!

6. Make nigredo alchemy diagram more available to other herbalists. Because i made the pellar mad and he seems to be the only one trading nigredo diagrams. So i cant get it.

SPOILER AHEAD!!!!!!!!!!

7. Have an interaction with the bloody baron after he returns from the blue mountains, add a new quest line or simply have him return in some way.

I'm sure this has been voiced at some point in this 135 pages long thread but to keep the game interesting it woudl be nice if randomly created contracts were offered at notice boards from time to time instead of the mere 20 or so that are currently in the game... It would give ppl something to do who like to not rush things

Make food consumable through inventory during fights and make Geralt stack food buff timer when consuming multiple food items.
It just make sense, when you are on low health and want to heal after a thought fight by using leftover food you found scavenging around, like 2 pieces of bread, 3 types of different ale, apple, berries. Consume it all at once and let it heal over time while you do important things. It reduces the amount of times you have to enter the inventory to consume left over foods and lets players focus on the game more and inventory management less.

I like to see a video of that once the ai goes into block mode there is no way to do damage unless you back up and spam a button. Mgs on ps2 has better hand to hand than this crap

I'm a little concerned about posting a video because I think you're just trolling (nobody can really be this bad, can they?). I messed up once and blocked a little early so I took a hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikOZnr6RoDY

Not hard, baddie.

Riding a Griffin with Axii

Imagine casting Axii on a Griffin and then flying it around Skellige. I feel like I would never fight a Griffin again if I could do this, but flying over the different realms and looking down on the map from above would just be incredible. Obviously this is pretty unrealistic and will probably never happen, but you have to admit that it would be pretty cool. Mod potential maybe.

I would very much appreciate an option that would turn on Hairworks for monsters, animals, and trophies but disable Hairworks for Geralt.

I would appreciate if you guys put back the aard spell like it was in the last year videos...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlq2t91ZUGw
the spell showed at 18:21 has nothing to do with the actual spell... it's clear someone changed it (I guess it's because of a bug isn't it? ) and replaced it with something made with duct tape.actually,when u cast aard on someone,there is a lag of 0.5 sec before the opponent get hit...and the spell looks really cheap compared to the previous version...the guy don't get blasted away,you can't blow him away from a cliff like in tw2...
So...it could be cool if you add some spell physics,instead of scripted effects :D

Is it just me or does Geralt not run out of special crossbow bolts? Granted I don't use it a whole lot but I think they don't run out at all.

P.S. The UI from 35 min. gameplay video was awesome. Just noticed that even the territory map was different, the fast travel loading screen was also different. Check it. This is a classic case of "if it isn't broken don't fix it". I mean I get cutting some graphic features (not really) but to cut and change some really helpful UI things is just unreasonable.

Attachments

• Image 6.jpg
    Image 6.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 49
  • Image 7.jpg
    Image 7.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Image 8.jpg
    Image 8.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 53
  • Image 12.jpg
    Image 12.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Image 16.jpg
    Image 16.jpg
    371.8 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Please, please, please give us an auto-run toggle, not the current keybind to simply switch between running and walking, but a toggle for hands free continuous movement. Most games have this simple QoL feature. Hand health is a real problem among many gamers.

Also, my cursor still occasionally sticks on the world map even though a recent patch was supposed to fix that.

Last edited:
Repair the game texture rendering issue so that the world dosent load and reload as u get closer ! This is garbage !

New Revolutionary Idea!

I wanted to chime in that I would Love Love Love, evol, L.O.V.E
MORE ELVES in the future DLC or EXP, W3 really lacked them IMO.
I know I know it's been posted and about how the story goes, well I'm posting it anywways!

P.S. Please make sure to use the cover-sheet on your TPS report about my great idea.

That is all keep up the awesome work.

Top Bottom