• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
It would be rather irritating trying to find the quests without the poi markers and don't forget that there are still some hidden places on the maps that aren't marked and which you often only find by going off the beaten path; so there is still an adventage to exploration. A compromise between the two options might be a "fog of war" style settup where sections of the map are only exposed as you explore and until you reveal them you don't see the markers in those areas. (save for the markers for missions you've picked up so you know what area you have to head into to fulfill that mission) Make the fog of war reveal large enough that you're not having to play mine sweeper, but small enough that it dosn't reveal a quarter of the map at a time ... a reasonable "line of sight" for your character as you move around.

Well since most POI come from reading stuff on bulletin board just don't pick up any non-quest related stuff from bulletin board? then no undiscovered locations... or just turn the POI of :p

It would be rather irritating trying to find the quests without the poi markers
Yeah but they are two different thing. Undiscovered locations and quests. So you can have both if you watch what you read/buy (some undiscovered POI are from maps as well that you buy)

I agree / disagree with both camps here... I'd hate to miss out on quests / encounters due to not walking 100 yards further in a given direction, but equally I hate having them spoon-fed to me via the map markers, but I'm struggling to think of a happy medium or compromise. Even something like a non-toggle hotkey while in the map screen, which would allow you to see if you've missed any, but doesn't act like a medieval satnav. That, or possibly some sort of checklist at least, that tells you there are still undiscovered events in "X" area?

I think simply increasing the distance at which POIs are identified and added to the map (I'm talking about the type of POI and associated symbol, not the question mark) would be an improvement.

once I've discovered you can disable every hud element, I've done so for everything except health (ya know, still need to live and stuff), the game has been much more enjoyable since then. I've actually used my witcher senses and didn't just use the minimap to navigate to a desired place, actually ignoring the picture in front of me for most of the time... I was actually looking at what's in front of me instead!

I agree / disagree with both camps here... I'd hate to miss out on quests / encounters due to not walking 100 yards further in a given direction, but equally I hate having them spoon-fed to me via the map markers, but I'm struggling to think of a happy medium or compromise. Even something like a non-toggle hotkey while in the map screen, which would allow you to see if you've missed any, but doesn't act like a medieval satnav. That, or possibly some sort of checklist at least, that tells you there are still undiscovered events in "X" area?

I know what you mean, I like them for some things, but at the same time it's kind of like " oh well there's everything I was supposed to find already marked off" Generally they're well enough marked out without the POI markers, as they're for the most part at the ends of roads, caves on the map, or other places you'd figure something would be, but occasional;ly it's out in the middle of the boonies randomly. The water markers on Skellige are thing I probably would never have found on my own though

Please add School of Wolf gear diagram (Enhanced, etc etc) for Geralt of Rivia The White Wolf .who hails from the Almighty Witcher School of the Wolf trained by the revered Vesimir Grand Master of the Wolves.

I've found a really nice compromise on this. I had them on in White Orchard as I was learning the game but as soon as I hit Velen I turned them off. I'm going to play with them off until I think I've really covered a really good deal of Velen and turn them back on when I think I've covered most of Velen. I'm guessing I've got about half of Velen explored right now. Then they'll just be "clean up" essentially and I won't mind as much. I'll do the same thing once I hit Skellige.

Granted, I'm very much an explorer-type player and I wander aimlessly just because I see some drowners to kill and that's how I find quite a few of the POIs, but I'm in no hurry to finish the main quest, or any quests for that matter, because I'm just taking in this incredible experience as much as I can. Don't want it to end.

I understand people's complaints with this and I think the "fog of war" idea is a nice suggestion, but I think a nice compromise is available now for those who want it.

Probably the best game in the last 10-15 years, but there are some minor things that could be improved in the EE:

- add autosort of inventory items (we got this with TW2 EE, why isn't it in TW3 vanilla?)

- when buying items (mostly alchemy and crafting), show us how many of them we already have in inventory

- add a stash at Vivaldi. I feel anxious leaving all that sweet loot lying on the field.

- slight rework of character development. Right now either you max a skill or you don't use it. I feel it would be better to have the ability to max few important skills and put 1-2 points in some backup skills. Currently, that is extremely inefficient and you want to invest only in skills that you will max out.

- rework the way heavy armor looks on Geralt, he looks like he has a beer belly when wearing heavy pieces

- allow oil application during combat

- allow picking up herbs with only one click. That second click is just unnecessary.

Just a couple of suggestions.

Make it possible to briefly expand the mini map while in game. Same way you can in GTAV. It would mean alot less pausing when clearing up all those question marks.

Capes. It would be really cool to be able to wear a sort of travel cape, similar to the one Geralt wears in the trailer. Hooded and everything. Fighting a massive beast or crossing a stormy ocean wearing an awesome hooded cape would just complete this game for me!

POIs are still needed for places Geralt already knew/visited, by reading notice boards or actually visiting the place, the informations are inside Geralt's head which then translated into POIs on the maps for us, the players controlling Geralt.

Some POIs are even missing like for example barbers or some merchants when they're closed or Geralt isn't nearby, even though Gerat' has been there.

it would be nice that the city, after the end of the game, were adapted.
That retailers could sell something more attractive (I have accumulated 50,000 coins, and I have nothing to buy).
The boss monsters should appear more often in the wilderness and give more bonus exp (a hard and difficult fight of 20 minutes gives less experience easy dialogue mission and it is not right)

thx :D

XP bug advice

Hey guys, was wondering if anyone could help?

I've been reluctant to play the last few days due to the XP Bug, just need some advice from someone who has played through the game with the bug, I just want to know can you acheive level 35(for the trophy) playing the game with the bug because I don't really wanna wait another week for the PS4 patch

I'm pretty overlevelled at the minute, I'm level 21 on the story quest Echoes of the past (required level 13)

Any advice/ help would be greatly appreciated?!

The there no marker for location of NPCs, & disappearing markers for blacksmith & merchants, things other games like DA:I have & works!. But on another hand, W3 show all the points of interest in the map.

In any case, I do not feel like exploring anyway, as I am already way Overlevel for main quests.

I think the best is to have the complete map shown, but with a fog of war, so you know where you visited already, Points of interest show up within a decently huge radius, say 300m (984feet), not unlike DA:I.

The there no marker for location of NPCs, & disappearing markers for blacksmith & merchants, things other games like DA:I have & works!. But on another hand, W3 show all the points of interest in the map..

I believe some merchants, blacksmiths/armorsmiths do not have persistent POI due to the fact that those NPCs only in the specified areas for certain time everyday(some merchants are mobile going from one town to another selling their goods). Also, some of them only available once you free them from bandits(People in Distress). The only thing left is barber but I think is not really big deal as I just need to remember 1 or 2 barber locations.

I doubt it would be implemented by the dev team but I'm wondering if it would be possible with the presumable release of the mod kit to either set *all* weapons and armour to a level requirement of one and to remove the puzzling reduced damage penalty that is applied when fighting an enemy the games mechanics deem above you. Also removing the reduced damage penalty when using bombs/crossbow/signs with a sword drawn - that one *really* could do with patching though. I don't get how having a sword drawn changes the chemical composition of a bomb so that it does less damage.

It just seems strange and needless to have level requirements for weapons and equipment especially when they *weren't* present in Witcher 1 and 2. You explore, you learn how to fight, research monsters weaknesses but there is a split between the world and the mechanics which is at least for me needlessly jarring.

The world says "This monster is hard but you've learnt how to fight it, it'll be beatable but it'll be *much* tougher than you might expect." The mechanics though say "You don't have a specific number so you're going to do less damage because... erm... numbers and reasons".

As an example I took down the basilisk near the harpy feeding grounds when I was level five. It was tough and took careful use of signs, dodging and positioning but I did it. The reduced damage penalty made something that was already tough (but a satisfying challenge) needlessly harder for no reason other than "numbers".

Rode through a town overrun with ghouls. It was an intriguing setting, I wanted to know what was going on and find out the story. The mechanics decide that those ghouls are too hard for me so I get clobbered with a reduced damage penalty because of numbers again. I work out that it's possible to lure them out individually though and drive them away from the pack while fighting them to take them out. It's already difficult, no sense in punishing me further for wanting to discover more of the story with artificial difficulty and numbers though.

Same deal with weapons and armour. You've found a crafting schematic, you've scraped together the resources and finances to have it crafted so the world is saying "Yes you can have this forged, well done for finding it. We hope you enjoy using it!" the mechanics however are stood saying "You can make this and carry it but you can't use it... because of... err... numbers" It feels horribly like artificial difficulty to punish the player for making an effort to find and forge better equipment.

Because my ideas are so far out there I decided to make this a new reply instead of an OP update. I pre-apologize if my ideas are upsetting. ~laughs~

- Removal of level meta-information including Consider Color (visually removed, not as a mechanic of the level system)
-- Quest, Character, and Monster level (monster level can be hidden but it's attached to the health bar; I want monster health bars)

- Gear level requirements do not deter use and are equip-able if the item is ten or less levels above the characters level (a level 6 character can equip up to a level 16 item)
-- Gear is scaled down to character level; represents lack of training/experience with that item; -5% on all/any stats per level difference (a level 6 character can use a level 16 sword but will have 50% less damage; and all other stats)
--- Gear never scales above the required level, as it is now of course
-- No sockets may be used if the item level is above required level
- Three hours of Meditating per tier of quality is required per glyph/rune socketed before they are (reasoning) "set properly"
-- set in order that the player applied them
- Geralt may remove glyph/runes after meditating (see Fatigue System "At or above 80% fatigue")
-- NPC 'remove upgrades' removed.

- Skill point system removed
-- slots available to make skills active are available, at required character levels. current system, no changes
- All skills are locked once slotted
- All skills are available but a lower tier skill must be Active (slotted; locked too per above rule) before another skill of higher tier Skill is slotted.

- Current mechanics of Sun and Stars is removed. Instead adds 10% bonus [of points] to the fatigue system.

- NPC's tagged with their real name are instead simply called Peasants until you talked to them for the first time.

### QoL (not really relevant to making the game more difficult) ###

I just have one to add here being most other Quality of Life issues have several posts about each of them

- Using Witcher Senses always shows all NPC names no matter which direction you're looking (having to look directly at an NPC is to time consuming)
-- doesn't work on hostiles

where did you find gamma? i really miss the option in the game

its way to bright - which is dissapointing for a horror setting like game

The gamma setting is only visible when using 'Fullscreen' mode. I had a similar issue when I used borderless windowed, for the longest time I could not find it either. Well, there you go!

Top Bottom