• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
I can think of a game with a much poorer control scheme and that is of Dragon Age: Inquisition. Terrible I say lol

DId you play Dragon Age: Inquisition? Far worse. I merely had to rebind a couple keys here and it was fine, DA:I was awful even with the ability to rebind keys.

Playing with a controller the combat is fine. Even awesome at times.
There are issues about excessive inertia in the character's movement and some annoying inaccuracy when you are trying to interact with things/NPCs, but nothing deal-breaking, and most of this could honestly be fixed by some minor tweaks.

This right here. There's about 3 issues I have with controls and they're all in the general movement category:

-looting. This was also a problem in TW2, developed for PC first. It needs fixing.

-walking/running. For some reason they decided to have Geralt take a few start-up steps before he hits full run. I've gotten used to it and by no means find it terrible, but it's still a bad design choice.

-Horse needing two inputs to jump over something. You need to let off the sprint key and then hit jump in quick succession. Now this is just bad and actively makes me avoid low barriers.

As for responsiveness in combat, this puts TW2 to shame. I have zero issues there. Maybe hardware is playing a role in all this and that's why some people think the controls are so horrendous, but I'm just not seeing any deal breakers. And believe me, as a long time Street Fighter player, I'm a stickler for this stuff.

Last edited:
You've found a crafting schematic, you've scraped together the resources and finances to have it crafted so the world is saying "Yes you can have this forged, well done for finding it. We hope you enjoy using it!" the mechanics however are stood saying "You can make this and carry it but you can't use it... because of... err... numbers" It feels horribly like artificial difficulty to punish the player for making an effort to find and forge better equipment.

What I would do is reduce the number of craftable armour/gloves/pants/swords by half (or maybe even more), Geralt has become a clothing/gear whore. What the hell? He changes swords like gloves and vice versa. What happened to the mechanic of the first game when he went through 3 steel and 3 silver swords, as well as 3 jackets during the course of the whole game? It worked great and was one of the things that differentiated The Witcher from any other RPG.

If 3 is too small a number then make it 6. Sword is a tool for Geralt and there are great tools at his disposal in the books but it's not like he swaps them every week.

i have no problems with them for one good reason unlike other games like Assassins Creed which shows you everything, all Witcher merely gives you a "there is something here" which can be all kinds of things and even then not all things/quests are shown. So within the structure there are still many many surprises to find. Personally I would have prefer there to be some form of fog of war like Skyrim but thats just me.

How about just rebinding the keys to your liking?

Exactly, the default bindings aren't great.

For me, I have changed the bindings to:
Ctrl - dodge
Alt - Toggle walk
Right mouse button - Heavy attack
Thumb mouse buttons - counter/block and witcher senses.

Have no problems with the controls now.

My two cents: controls are fine. Inertia and getting stuck in animations are frustrating. Swimming is awkward. The bloody combat state issues that prevent me from vaulting over a fence, climbing a wall or opening a door while under attack from monsters I can't reach or, conversely, not being able to roll, parry or dodge when I'm being shot by archers... and of course autosheathing just in time to get eviscerated by that last drowner.... these are problems. They can be solved. I just feel tired and aggravated that they have not been solved already. CDPR may well be the most honorable and straightforward game developer around but honestly? I'm really goddamn tired of the gaming community as a whole being used as beta testers.

My two cents: controls are fine. Inertia and getting stuck in animations are frustrating. Swimming is awkward. The bloody combat state issues that prevent me from vaulting over a fence, climbing a wall or opening a door while under attack from monsters I can't reach or, conversely, not being able to roll, parry or dodge when I'm being shot by archers... and of course autosheathing just in time to get eviscerated by that last drowner.... these are problems. They can be solved. I just feel tired and aggravated that they have not been solved already. CDPR may well be the most honorable and straightforward game developer around but honestly? I'm really goddamn tired of the gaming community as a whole being used as beta testers.

Auto sheathing has been brought up as a complaint maybe about 1, 234, 908 times now...and yet here it still is, my old friend the auto sheath! :2guns:

You'd think they would have corrected this two games ago. But I digress, these are combat/gameplay issues.

I didn't get one with the default scheme. But then I don't like modifiers for frequently used tasks (coming from flight simulators, I have no objection to using them to select from a long list of multiple single use options though).

I rebound run to CAPSLOCK, parry to Shift and Strong attack to RMB. The rest as vanilla, but using the undocumented(?) double tap for dodges.
The remainder as defaults. Works well, and control is fine, except for the delayed entry to combat when under ranged attack, and the inability to 'climb' even over low fences/rocks/bottles when in combat... Still all in all controls work. I've seen far worse.

Yes I have played it, preordered it actually. Right before TW3 came out I FINALLY finished my Nightmare run. Loved the game, just not a fan of the PC control scheme, so it was 360 controller for me.

i think the combat system is great.
but i liked the witcher 2's (less popular) combat system too so i guess i just like the way CDPR do controls.

Point of interest pins add-on for the map please?

I don't know where else to post this so I hope this is the correct place for it to be seen as I cant seem to find an "ideas and features" section oinTW3 forum

I would like to see an update to the map where I could leave point of interest markers/pins (as many as I wanted) for future reference (IE so I can remember where that locked chest was for example) I cant remember what other games this is in but it is an option I would love to see implemented in the future. I know some modder will no doubt do this soon but I don't like messing with mods until I finish the game and I like to play vanilla the 1st time I finish the game

Controls and UI are not this game's strong point, the analog movement is wonky, the inventory sorrily needs a sorting option and the lock on is useless. Small gripes to be sure, but still annoying.

Great idea, I'd like to have that as well, also let us put description / title to our savegames so we know why we decided to make a hardsave at that point.

Remap the signs and especially the dodge key to something you know. Use a mmo/moba mouse. Success. Yeah that tab thing is console fodder, not for us.

i love the little things, but i hate the little things.

the game's best quality is the little things (and the amazing side content..) the wind blowing the trees in the window in cut scenes. the little things that make you go "wow". there was clearly so much effort put into details. theres so many, but the examples escape me.

dat sunset tho.

But then again- the small bad things can really suck too- the invisible walls on mountains, and climbing things, the OP fall damage, the hair twitching thats been in every game

all in all though, I think tw3 is the best game I've ever played so far. the side content is just SUBLIME and I've always hated side content. DA:I just blew chunks.

Attachments

• witcher3 2015-06-04 22-00-29-21.jpg
    witcher3 2015-06-04 22-00-29-21.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 43
  • witcher3 2015-06-04 22-00-29-21.jpg
    witcher3 2015-06-04 22-00-29-21.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 46
Of course, when people say "balance" they don't actually mean "balance for everyone", what they mean is "make it how I want it". Of course, on every game forum, everyone is astonishingly good at the game. LOL.

Try not using the best weps and armor in the game. Don't slot mutagens. That'll help you get your challenge real quick.

Even then, a trashmob of level 4 wolves isn't going to bother you too much (and nor should it).

Well that is quite minor but the invisible walls had to be there. There is only so much you can put on a single map.

Use Rusty lvl 1 swords.
Overdose on potions from the start
Use only one sign per battle - or stand and get killed.

Just how difficult is difficult enough? They could make the game ridiculously hard - and then people would complain about that too.

Top Bottom