• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
- Add Option "Low, Medium, High" for Bloom, Depth of Field & Rays, please CD Projekt this cause problem no synch with voice/lips.

To begin thanks to have and still make effforts in such a game, it's gorgeous, even on old rigs, it's big, full of detail, such a work here !!

The UI configuration is excellent and i can play with no UI, parts are desactivable, life bar and shortcuts hides when you'are full of life ... perfect!
Well i can enjoy a total UI free experience except one thing, by the way the biggest:

the minimap!

Of course you can hide it but that's why i tried first and sadly i kept comming on and on to the full map cause you can't play without a map, the game is so huge!!!!!

So what would i suggest ?
Two options:

First you add a control to toggle minimap display on the fly.

Second and it would make sens, sens ? Yes, minimap would only show when Geralt uses is senses then you could play UI free and display that minimap as if Geralt was using his orientation sens.

That would be so great and i think people would enjoy this feature so much, mostly when it comes to recording!

This is not a hurry, maybe a mod can be done but that's an absolute great feature to add to the to do list i think.

Ps (distance and time of day are nice features but we don't eventuly need them so could make an option too)
Quote myself cause i missed this topic at first time!

So what people want the most is to rotate Geralt ine the menu when you can yet rotate it perfectly ingame??
Seriously ??????
It shows sadly the poor expectations of the new gamer generation...

as for myself, just add in the poll something about toggling the minimap on the fly ingame.

Last edited:
Game in my opinion is just amazing. There are some bugs with quests which are quite painful and my biggest complain is that we wait to long for a new patch that fixes them. Also I'm not sure if anything has changed but.. My pc is not the best but on medium/high quality everything worked perfectly fine until like 2 days ago. Suddenly I'm getting game shutdown each 30-45min. During previous days (and I play quite a lot) it happened like 2-3 times in total. Y-day I've played few hours and it happened 5-6 times. Nothing has changed on my side. Still I can survive everything for a great story so I would love to see quests fixed first.

Idea for contracts

Hi, love the game and all that, but I have a suggestion for a kind of feature that I think could be quite interesting. Wondered what others think of it

I was passing through a small village in the game earlier, I forget which one, and I noticed a Noonwraith in the field next to it. It got me thinking that it would be awesome if the game had a mechanic similar to the Radiant quest system in Skyrim. So basically Whenever a certain enemy is spawned(say, anything above Alghoul, or a certain level for example), the game could create a contract in the nearest village/town that you could accept. I think this would greatly improve the general feel of the game in a few ways. Here is more detail:

1. The NPC that gives the contract doesn't need to have a backstory of any kind or be heavily voiced. It would just be a small scene where you are given the quest/reward for example. It could even be done by Innkeepers maybe.
2. It would add a bit of immersion imo...Geralt kills monsters for coin, but I keep killing random high-level creatures all over the place just for kicks. Even just adding the contract to a notice board after you have killed a creature would be ok. So you go to a notice board and discover there was a contract on the creature you just killed.
3. You could still stumble upon them randomly and kill them just as you can atm, this would just be a small addition to add a bit of flow to the game.
4. It would give you a reason to return to some of the villages in the game that imo are otherwise pretty irrelevant after you have been to them once. It would make the world seem more alive, and increase longevity slightly.

I don't know how hard it would be to implement this, maybe in a mod or something. I think it would be a nice little touch to the game though. Thoughts?

Haha, totally agree with the Gwent addiction. I haven't played Hearthstone yet...didn't think I'd like it. I guess that's just as addictive ^_^

Have to agree. W3 has the worst horse riding I have ever played. C'mon CDPR, fix it.

I'm not saying Roach couldn't use a little tlc, but really? The worst ever? In Skyrim your goddamn horse would gallop straight off a cliff rather than turn around.

I'm not saying Roach couldn't use a little tlc, but really? The worst ever? In Skyrim your goddamn horse would gallop straight off a cliff rather than turn around.
It's all bout the controls, the worst thing for roach as for Geralt is the medium speed.
I use xpadder and i disable it by toggling to walk and make a "distance" xpadder feature that makes Geralt run when i push my stick full to the top.
Xpadder understand W till 90% of analog push than it understand W+shift , xpadder has no limit, just try it!
I would have made a video but i struggle to record with xpadder on top of the game, if someone know the best free software just mp me.

I really hope the devs are looking at this, as there are loads of little things that need addressing, which is why I'm here :p I'll list my annoyances bullet style, I'm playing on PC.

- Why is it Roach doesn't automatically jump when riding him and are running\cantering? Its more than bloody annoying he doesn't automatically jump. Also, whats up with Roach getting "stuck" on stupidly low bits of terrain (such as small rocks) That needs fixing too.

- Vendors are bastards, I've sold pieces of armour that are worth in excess of 200 gold for 30 gold (and its been in good condition, if that has a effect on price). SERIOUSLY? Sort that crap out.

- At the very least, change level requirements of some weapons and armours. Whats the bloody point in encouraging the player to explore, the player finds some cool stuff, then effectively chopping the players hands off and going "NOPE! You can't use that weapon\armour until you are XX level!" Do you have any idea how much this pisses players off? Especially as you can't even do something like store the stuff you can't use and just have to cart it around with you all the damn time. You are taking away all sense of accomplishment with this system.

I'll give a example to really hammer the nail home on this one; The quest you get to find somebody and it turns out they got killed by a Werewolf you have to find and kill, I done that at level 3 and good god was it a slog, I take the key from the corpse after the cut scene, go back to the hut to open the locked chest and get my rewards, amongst them some pretty sweet armour, only to find I have to be level 24 to wear it. WHAT. THE. HELL!? Joy of accomplishment sucked out, thy name is Witcher 3.

- Split inventories so the player can store stuff they can't currently use instead of forcing them to drag it around. Perhaps this could be done by the player earning a house or something at various locations after completing main quests for the more elite characters (such as the bloody baron).

- Experience points. Anyone else notice how you get sod all experience for killing the random nasties you encounter, even after having to fend off like 15 of them that mob you? Thats messed up, yet another thing detracting from encouraging the player to explore as you won't even be rewarded with XP to level up. Fix it. At the very least make secondary quests and witcher contracts give more XP when you complete them.

- Why can't Geralt make equipment he has diagrams for? Being on the road all the time he would have to learn to at least be a semi-proficient armourer yet the game only lets you repair existing equipment with repair kits, doesn't make sense. I'm not saying Geralt should be able to randomly make some new bit of armour or weapon in a cave but he should be able to do it at the grindstones and armour benches that are already in the game.

Right, I think thats all my major beefs. If nothing else theres plenty here for a modder to do as a mini overhaul mod ;)

Last edited:
YES!! Please, atm all the armor glyphs do is buff signs, why? I want more variety in my armor glyphs, that give me more survivability and what not. Please add more and better armor glyphs as atm they are terrible.

A deeper issue with the "no xp glitch"

Being that once you out level content it is pointlessly boring, why? There should not be any enemies greyed out who can't deal damage to me, I understand levelling and progression but I am a completionist and I spent over 100 hours before I left for Skellige and when I got there 60-80% of the enemies are grey and die in a few hits and have no chance at killing me. The combat is just so boring for me now, I spent a lot of time on my stats and testing skills because at the start the combat was lethal and demanded it but now I just run in and spam fast attack, bombs and signs with no thought to taking damage or defence because most of them cannot hurt me.

Also, and this really annoys me, you spent so much effort on building a beautiful world but on consoles you put the run button on A... so I have to take my thumb of my camera to run, I REALLY HATE THIS, I would like to have the option to look around me as I am travelling, stick run on the left stick click... easy and obvious.

The console control method is outdated, I have so many buttons at my command that for exploration none of them need be away from sticks, triggers and bumpers. Please read and fix this asap.

A Witcher 3 Review from a roleplayer's perspective [no story/quest spoilers]

hi there fellow witcher enthusiasts,

first, i have to say that i really like the game. I played for many many hours (150 and counting) now, and i have not finished the story yet, nor explored the whole map. This means that i do absolutely not regret buying the game, it was really worth my money and i would buy it again. I tell you this because my review isn't that postive in the end, but the things that annoy me may please others and after all, they don't ruin the game for me. Still, i feel the need to talk about it.

1. Atmosphere:

+ The game creates a very good atmosphere. Velen does really feel like a wartorn area, despite the beautiful sunsets and the picturesque villages and orchards. Novigrad feels like a big crowded city, with all the crime, dirt and different neighbourhoods. Skellige gets you a nice feeling of skellige lifestyle and culture, and i absolutely love the landscape.
+ I love all the details. That you can read the placards and notes on the gallows, in the villages and cities. That there are many books to read and many not quest related notes and writings - found on dead bodies or hidden in an abandoned building... (and also the flowers. muahaha). I love that you find ashes and burned food in burned down villages or buildings.
+ I like the weather effects and that the NPCs somewhat react to it. They comment on the weather, and so does Geralt.
+ The music really adds to this. It is great.

- I was a bit disappointed by the night/day cycles for NPCs. It is there, but it wasn't that noticeable as for example in Skyrim (i am sorry for this comparison). Maybe this is because there are legions of unnamed inhabitants living in anonymous buildings... I didn't really get the impression that every single npc has her/his place to sleep, work or hang out. I am quite sure they have, but i don't feel the need to figure it out (while in other games, i wanted to find one specific npc to steal his house key to sneak inside while he is at work, steal all his stuff and leave before he returns...). I know, there is no such thing as stealing or stealthy observing some NPCs, a Witcher has different interests after all. So after all, the day/night circle adds to the scenery, but nothing more. It isn't really important while playing the game (ofc, you might have to meditate a few hours so you can sell your stuff, or you encounter some quests only during certain times of the day/night...)
- At some points, the music was annoying. Especially in Skellige. The same soundtrack repeats over and over again (The fields of Ard Skellig i think it is called), so much that i started to hate this soundtrack... wah. Also in the taverns. Every single bards-boyband in novigrad plays the same music everytime. It is the same that you hear when you play Gwent, or that is played while you are inside some taverns or inns. There is another inn-music soundtrack, but this is repeating too...
- there was not enough fog. Also i miss snowstorms. There are some places where the fog is really thick and very well done, but there it felt like it was part of the specific location rather than a weather effect.
- The nights are very bright.

2. Immersion:

+ i really love how Roach spawns always in the direction you are not looking at. I love that she has her own mind, wanders off a bit and does something. Roach is great. I also love how the saddles, saddlebags and horse blinders are done.
+ i love the swords and armors so far. Nothing too fancy. Love the glowing runes on your blades. I love that the armors do always look a bit rugged, scratched, rusty and dirty.

Now immersion is a bit a state of mind, if you ask me. If you are willing, you can really feel immersed by the world of the Witcher 3. Still, there are some things that were able to destroy the immersion for me at some points.

- wandering monsters. I call them wandering monsters, because they basically wander from one point to another because the game wants them to. This happens from time to time, for example after destroying monster nests or after completing minor tasks that lead to some changes to the monster spawn areas. One time, i came across 4 drowners running from one place to another along a defined path. I was able to attack them, but they didn't really defend themselves, they weren't aggressive. I tried to follow them, but Geralt always fell into his aggressive stance while the monsters blindly followed their path, Geralt running behind them yelling "What now, you piece of filth?". oO This happened later with some Wraiths too... was a bit weird.
- there is some lack regarding the interaction with the environment. You can blow up stuff using Aard or bombs, and you can light candles and fireplaces, but there are some animations missing if you ask me. Sit down, drink, eat.... besides from cutscenes, Geralt can't perform those animations. Other NPCs however can. They have those animations to some extent.
- synchronous guard posts. Hehe, maybe you noticed that too. I came across some very odd looking scenes in some villages, but also in novigrad, where 2 or more guards standing next to eachother performing exactly the same stretching/idle animations.
- Geralt has sometimes the weird habit of commenting two different things at the same time, causing the sayings to overlap. For example while he is investigating some footprints and the weather changes - then he comments on the footprints but also tries to react to the weather. Meh. Also if you are too fast investigating a trail - then he tries to make a first conclusion while he investigates some more footprints... gnaaaa
- Geralt is a mindreader sometimes. Also Ciri. Even if an NPC didn't mention his or her name, Geralt knows it. Geralt knows a lot of stuff he shouldn't.

3. Game Mechanics

+ the voice acting and most of the quest scripts are brilliant.
+ i love that levelling is slow and that you don't get xp for everything.
+ crafting is very well done
+ i have no problems at all with item durability and limited inventory space / carry weight.

- climbing and jumping: i don't really like that you have to follow very specific paths. However, they are not hard to spot. You can clearly see where Geralt can jump/climb up or leap over a gap. But if you try to do this elsewhere, you will hit invisible walls very often. Some jumps have also ridiculous animations... meh
- playing the game without quest markers is ridiculous. If you don't want to run around until you are lucky enough to find what you are looking for, you are lost.
- missables and overlapping quests... this is a big one, but i will not go into details to avoid spoilers here. I just want to say that i am fine with missables in linear games (linear means here that you can not return to locations visited earlier in the game in general), but in open world, it should be a bit different. Being unable to complete secondary quests because you progressed too far in the main quest is quite disappointing, especially if you don't know whether or not you wll be able to progress further... either the quest should be clearly marked "failed" or not, if you still can complete it. Also i am a fan of having multiple ways to complete quests - Witcher 3 does this quite well - but not really in those quests where you would really need it.
- Item progression: the armors are fine, especially the upgradeable witcher gear. But the weapons... meh. At some point, you are simply getting a shitload of relic swords, inflationary. I came along named or relic swords in various locations. In the end, i did not even care about runes because i knew i would find a better blade soon. Also some "named" swords are quite inflationary, you can find them multiple times... It was a bit sad to see some NPCs giving me their awesome heirloom family blade and then finding a better one in some random treasure hunt 5 minutes after. In the end, i think the really awesome stuff should be RARE and very hard to find.

4. Conclusion
I think Witcher 3 Wild Hunt is an awesome game and really worth the money. It is a lot of fun, and can be very immersive, emotional and challenging. But in some points, it feels a bit outdated, and at some point, i would expect more from an open world RPG in the year 2015. Invisible walls while exploring, lack of animations and NPC interactions- just to name a few, are part of this. But it is a worthy successor of the witcher series.

Suggestion: Witcher sense SWITCH instead of holding the trigger.

VERY often you have to use the witcher sense. Very often you have to follow LONG trails - resulting in spasms in your left trigger-finger....
It would prefere an option to switch witcher sense off/on!
This can't be so hard to implement, lots of game use f.i. sneak on/of ;-)

suggestion: R3 = "find quest" instead of "find player"

The maps of W3 are HUGE - and thats great! But if often have to search the yellow quest-marker for quite a while, hindered by the magnetic behavior of all the other markers, that stop my cursor traveling over the map on my quest-marker treasure hunt ;)
So, why not give R3 the ability to jump to the nice yellow point of interest?

Last edited:
100% Complete

And i gotta say. That was amazing. The graphics with 1.4 patch were amazing (I had everything maxed with my 980), the side quest story lines were excellent, the hidden item caches were a lot more fun them collecting feathers or some other dumb thing. It was great. The main story did feel a bit rushed at the end but everything considered it's a 10 out of 10 game. I can't wait for the expansion packs. Bring back Ivorveth! :)

I thought you can just press it really quickly and the highlighting stays on the screen for a time, so you could just press the button again when you need to bring the highlights back and not need to hold it the whole time.

Remove Levels

seriously.

The level and xp system does not really add to this game. In my opinion, it was a wrong decision. I know many RPG enthusiasts can not immagine an RPG without levels. So this is how it could be done and how it would feel:

• flat progression. Geralt is at the beginning of the game nearly as strong and trained as he is in the end. This does not mean that there is no progression. Items would matter, and so would adequate preparation for the fight. Skillpoints are fine, you should get skillpoints but not from levelling up but as a reward for (some) quests, or find them hidden in the world (consume an item, interact with something, place of power).
  • Difficulty: You can no longer outlevel stuff. A wolf pack in Velen could be as dangerous as a wolf pack on Ard Skellig. If you are very well equipped and have a lot of skillpoints used, wolfs would still become one-hits and you would not take that much damage if they hit you. And a Forktail in Velen would still be a Forktail and thus dangerous, and you should never be able to attack it in underwear just because you are level 30 and he is level 13. Running trough swamps one-hitting stuff would only be possible in the very endgame.
  • Immersion: you would never have to explain to someone, why Geralt is weak at the Beginning and dies fighting Drowners in White Orchard but in the end he one-shoots them with his crossbow. No longer levelled Weapons (a sword is a sword, why shouldn't he be able to use it? He knows what to do with a sword. Stick them with the pointy end...), but rare and hard to find Items, and Items you will only get from doing some quests or main story parts.
  • Mutagens: They could bring mutagens back as an addition to skillpoints, allowing real progression and character development. Granting higher resistance to poison or elemental damage, for example, or give more stamina or adrenalin points. Mutagens could be consumed to get permanent stat increases.
  • Skills: Then you would no longer need skillpoints to increase stats and numbers. Runes and Mutagens would do the trick. Instead, Skillpoints would be used to actually learn new moves or unlock certain new abilities. There wouldn't be so many skills as there are now, but the skills would feel more important and powerful.

ofc this will never happen. but this is not the last game CDPR creates.

Last edited:
Top Bottom