• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Well there cant be a discussion unless you... you know argument yourself :p

I am a person that plays a lot of games. This was a game aimed at people like me.

:stoptrolling:
I think CDPR made a good job with Witcher 3. If you played the previous games and/or read the books you will understand a lot of the references used in the game, but if you don't you still understand what's going on without problems.

Anyway, I think the OP just wanted to share his thoughts because there is no reasoning on his text, just his thought. So we can't really discuss the topic just with that.

This game is way too much focused to the people that had never played a videogame in their lives,WAY too much.In fact, playing the first couple hours is a continuous annoyance because of that and also because of some (a lot ) unexplainable silly design decision .

IT feels as if CdProject has not made the witcher one and two before... Anyway..

Without you elaborating all I can Say to this is:

I disagree.

Why cdpr why?

Why do developers always feel the need to fix what is not broken in the first place? Why do all developers lose their vision while making future installments of popular franchise?

They could have made Witcher 3 to be Witcher 2 + open world and it would be better than the product we have available currently.

When will developer realize that realism is not always better. I don't mind CDPR expanding on a great game but they took very little of what made Witcher 2 so great and got rid of it all.

Witcher 2 had better voice acting, dialogues, better cutscenes, better story, better Geralt, better Triss, better companions, better armors, better companions armors, better npc guard armors, better names, better locations, better boss fights, better monsters, better and more difficult combats, better mechanics like crouching in some missions, better quests, better Witcher sense, more variety in NPC faces, better looking women NPC, and I can go on and on but you get the point.

My question is why?

Witcher 3 is still better than Witcher 2 but only because it has more replay values and a much bigger world.

Last edited:
I have been playing RPG's for over 25 years. Was a fan of the Gothic series till the franchise went south with Forsaken Gods and played the TES series since Morrowind. Withcher 3 is beautifully crafted and involving, one of the best RPG's that I have ever played but....there are some issues ( as there always are).
1) The loading screens are very sub par in relation to the art work of the general game.
2) The free DLC's though a nice touch are so much fluff in the main..no real new content, reminds me of Beth's Horse Armor DLC in concept.
3) I know this is designed for consoles but it would be nice is there was a "No Quest Objective' option for the game to default drop back to.
4) The HUD customization is pitiful..very large...somewhat smaller..played on a large monitor the HUD is garish.
5) I have modded games for several decades and strongly suggest that the RedKit come out very soon...it's the mods more than the base game that has kept Beth's games popular...learn from successful competitor concepts. Right now this game is hot, don't waste the window that is currently open.

Don't mistake me I think that this game has hit one out of the park...but it could become an all time classic with some work. Well done design team.

Most of which you listed up as better in witcher 2 is all your subjective opinion buddy. I found witcher 2's combat horrible, I also found movement clunky and weird, the game has been praised to the skies by criticts and players alike. I can't imagine it being fun for a developer to do the exact same iteration of a game with just adding a few features. Which ios what you want. I think it's a fantastic game, aside from the horrible handling of patching and bugs I think it's a huge improvement over witcher 2 in nearly every aspect

Why do developers always feel the need to fix what is not broken in the first place? Why do all developers lose their vision while making future installments of popular franchise?

They could have made Witcher 3 to be Witcher 2 + open world and it would be better than the product we have available currently.

When will developer realize that realism is not always better. I don't mind CDPR expanding on a great game but they took very little of what made Witcher 2 so great and got rid of it all.

Witcher 2 had better voice acting, dialogues, better cutscenes, better story, better Geralt, better Triss, better companions, better armors, better companions armors, better npc guard armors, better names, better locations, better boss fights, better monsters, better and more difficult combats, better mechanics like crouching in some missions, better quests, better Witcher sense, more variety in NPC faces, better looking women NPC, and I can go on and on but you get the point.

My question is why?

Witcher 3 is still better than Witcher 2 but only because it has more replay values and a much bigger world.

Imo, you are completely righ. I have exactly the same feeling.

---------- Updated at 12:56 PM ----------

Most of which you listed up as better in witcher 2 is all your subjective opinion buddy. I found witcher 2's combat horrible, I also found movement clunky and weird, the game has been praised to the skies by criticts and players alike. I can't imagine it being fun for a developer to do the exact same iteration of a game with just adding a few features. Which ios what you want. I think it's a fantastic game, aside from the horrible handling of patching and bugs I think it's a huge improvement over witcher 2 in nearly every aspect

The esence of a RPG it is their story. You can make a beautiful world (like the Witcher 3 does) but if the story it's not as good as this world, the final quality of the game is bad. That is what happening with TW3. I would prefer a worse system combat and a better story.

I think the game is great as it is, one of the best games I've played in my life, but I don't like how much time CDPR takes to patch the game and still doesn't fix many of the known bugs and breaks other things that were working, changes things on game without stating on patch notes...

Imo, you are completely righ. I have exactly the same feeling.

---------- Updated at 12:56 PM ----------

The esence of a RPG it is their story. You can make a beautiful world (like the Witcher 3 does) but if the story it's not as good as this world, the final quality of the game is bad. That is what happening with TW3. I would prefer a worse system combat and a better story.

It good to know I'm not the only one. I truly feel CDPR lost touch with what made their game great. I don't care if it GOTY or not but it not the Witcher that I know and love. Witcher 3 is base on the books so there is no distinct connection to the past Witcher games so that disappointing. Because they went the book route, we have realistic but boring non looking Witcher armors.

Witcher 3 is base on the books so there is no distinct connection to the past Witcher games so that disappointing. Because they went the book route, we have realistic but boring non looking Witcher armors.
Believe me, that has nothing to do with the books. Geralt doesn't wear any armor in the books. And the story of TW3 doesn't get the essence of the story in the books. I'd say even TW2 is closer to the books than TW3...

Believe me, that has nothing to do with the books. Geralt doesn't wear any armor in the books. And the story of TW3 doesn't get the essence of the story in the books. I'd say even TW2 is closer to the books than TW3...

That interesting to know. Makes it more confusing. I feel like Witcher 3 seem like a subsidiary of a Witcher game. It feel like Witcher: Geralt witcher contract and adventure. It seem like you just live on a day to day basis of Geralt life. You never get that feeling in past Witcher games since there were story to it.

That interesting to know. Makes it more confusing. I feel like Witcher 3 seem like a subsidiary of a Witcher game. It feel like Witcher: Geralt witcher contract and adventure. It seem like you just live on a day to day basis of Geralt life. You never get that feeling in past Witcher games since there were story to it.

Well, TW3 wants to like both the short stories (three books) and the big saga about Ciri (five books). In the end it sadly doesn't really fit to either of them imo.

Well, TW3 wants to like both the short stories (three books) and the big saga about Ciri (five books). In the end it sadly doesn't really fit to either of them imo.

I know that those who really enjoy this game have read the book and I still have not read a single Witcher book yet. I think your right, they try to do too much aka a jack of all trade and in the end it the result they got. Hopefully the two expansion will improve on it. It seem like both past Witcher games had an identity, a real focus points and even though they were both linear, they knew what they wanted to accomplish. With the Witcher 3 and similar to Guild Wars 2, I feel the developer aren't completely sure what direction they wanted to take this game. Take the Baron quest for example, an amazing quest that seem misplace in the game because even the main story quest doesn't compare to it. I feel like after the Baron quest, you expect all quest to have that amount of detail and writing and immersion and yet the rest of the game did not live up to it.

I feel like if this game was linear, there would be multiple quest with the same excitement and drama as the Baron quest. After the Baron quest, the story drag on with Novigrad and helping Mages who I don't really care escape the Witch Hunter. By the time I finish Novigrad, I was so burn out to visit the Island. It why I say the first 20 hours of this game was very exciting for me and that because of the Baron quest. I remember pausing a lot and trying to remember if any past video games had questline as heartfelt and emotional as the Baron quest and it an amazing achievement in video game to say the least. Sadly none other quest that came after it even remotely came close or I felt the need to pause to take it all in.

Things I didnt like in Witcher Wild Hunt.

FInally managed to complete the game (school, work, books and other hobbies kept me from playing Witcher)

Completed the game with around 90% thigns done in around 130 hours. Few question marks I had to leave since I knew there wasnt anything interesting there near end of the game when I already had best armour and swords.

Things I personally didnt like.

- Combat becomes very easy around level 12-15 until end of the game,
- Some monsters are stupid e.g Fiend, runs away and dont come back until you chase it.
- Wish monster would level up with Geralt, problem is when you try to do everything in one area and move to another place. You will most likley already be too high level before you know it by the time you reach Novigrad combat is too simple.
- Wish we could fight more groups that use smart archers who not just stand in one place and run away or mages who spawn monsters etc.
- Monster Hunting has one problem heads of monsters sell for almost nothing. Hunting nekkers pays more.
- Why is Geralt the best dressed character in Witcher world. Its just like Assassin Creed. No one else is wearing so expensive armors like he does.
- No arena with best fighters in the world?
- Wish mages could cast spell on Geralt to "silence him" so we cant cast signs/magic for 30 sec etc. If we could fight mages ofc.
- End game is not fun except story. Geralt kill everything with one move.
- Signs/magic is too strong, casting axii or aarrd works every time.
- I really enjoyed game when I managed to kill skull level monster on low level but once you learn you can just axxii or aard them. it becomes boring.
- Horse is stupid and shows up 5 miles away when you whisle.

Main issue I had was with weak monsters after curtain level and ability to just axii them everything. wish we had to upgrade axii and others to the max to have 3 out of 5 chances to success.

At least Im done with games for this year.

thank you for this great game CDPR ^__^

Hi,

New to the game but already I'm wondering: is there any way to tone down the movement of trees, foliage, etc?

The game looks really beautiful, but the effect of 'wind through the trees' (all foliage really) looks very, very odd. It's almost like foliage on acid, and is jarring, distracting and looks very unrealistic.

I guess I'll get used to it. It's such a small thing I suppose, but unfortunately its everywhere and spoils the environments at the moment for me.

Cheers,

~TG

It can be toned down(speed) via user ini if you are on 1.04v if you are on higher patch this is the place to go
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/55263-From-1-01-to-1-07-(missing-ini-files-together-now)

Top Bottom