• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Can someone tell me how that metal rods on leather strip type of armor that Feline armor has is named? Cant find any historical refferences.
Which piece of which tier of feline armour do you mean? At a guess, I'd say it could be broadly described as studded, or reinforced, leather armour.

That metal rods attached to leather strips on hands and legs at Mastercrafted and Grandmaster armor. Closest refference i found-vikings splinted vambraces and greaves but still-this looks different.

Can someone tell me how that metal rods on leather strip type of armor that Feline armor has is named? Cant find any historical refferences.

That would be brigandine. It's usually confused by LARPers and fantasy fans who mistakenly call it studded armour or studded leather. Such a thing never existed.

Now brigandine, which is what the Feline armour looks like consists of a protective garment, cloth, or leather with metal plates riveted underneath. What you see are those rivets and it's what is taken for studs by people; which would do fuck-all as armour.

Last edited:
Yes i know the breastplate is brigandine. Im talking about that metal rods elements i`m unfamiliar with.View attachment 51201

Attachments

• 3072911-felinearmor2 (1).jpg
    3072911-felinearmor2 (1).jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
It's usually confused by LARPers and fantasy fans who mistakenly call it studded armour or studded leather. Such a thing never existed.
Modern terminology for armour is notoriously misleading. ('Chain mail' and 'suit of armour' are two cringe-worthy common examples.) In this case, brigandine might have been a reasonable historical description, although, given the leather composition of the armour, cuirass might also have been an appropriate choice. The reference to 'studded leather', was intended merely as a broad, 'layman's description' of the armour's construction, rather than an accurate nomenclature, as one might have heard uttered in a mediaeval armoury.

Yes i know the breastplate is brigandine. Im talking about that metal rods elements i`m unfamiliar with.View attachment 51201

In any event, neither modern nor antique classifications much help us to identify the sections on the bracers, boots and shoulder. I rather suspect these are unique to witcher armours, designed by CDPR, since I can't recall ever seeing a close enough real-world historical equivalent. However, the function of these elements appears to be similar to that of 'coat of plates' or 'splinted' reinforcements, although in traditional armours, broader strips of steel were used, rather than slender rods.

Last edited:
Modern terminology for armour is notoriously misleading. ('Chain mail' and 'suit of armour' are two cringe-worthy common examples.) In this case, brigandine might have been a reasonable historical description, although, given the leather composition of the armour, cuirass might also have been an appropriate choice. The reference to 'studded leather', was intended merely as a broad, 'layman's description' of the armour's construction, rather than an accurate nomenclature, as one might have heard uttered in a mediaeval armoury.

In any event, neither modern nor antique classifications much help us to identify the sections on the bracers, boots and shoulder. I rather suspect these are unique to witcher armours, designed by CDPR, since I can't recall ever seeing a close enough real-world historical equivalent. However, the function of these elements appears to be similar to that of 'coat of plates' or 'splinted' reinforcements, although in traditional armours, broader strips of steel were used, rather than slender rods.

I actually didn't see you original I didn't really mean offense if you said "studded leather" lol. As for those metal rods I agree. I've never seen anything like that used historically.

From what I've seen despite being fantasy game, Witcher games have amazing detail and have realistic armour and clothing. A few things are different here and there but it is fantasy after all so I don't mind. The Witcher armour however has always been very fantasy-like which is understandable. They have some real elements here and there but are for the most part very un-historical.

From what I've seen despite being fantasy game, Witcher games have amazing detail and have realistic armour and clothing. A few things are different here and there but it is fantasy after all so I don't mind.
Indeed. This remarkable attention to detail is one of the aspects I admire most about the Series. Their armourers did some very fine work, both historical and fanciful.

Exactly! I like how the regular armour and clothing you find and that the inhabitants of the world wear is historical or as close to it as possible.

And the Witcher sets, being made for the fantastical profession that is a Witcher's has a lot of liberties taken.

I just want to let you guys know that I am very unhappy with you! :readytofight:

I returned to the game after a year, and started a new campaign just because of Card Colector trophy, and you know what happened?
Emhyr var Emreis-Emperor of Nilfgaard Gwent Card wasn't in the place where it's supposed to be... I wasn't able to get the trophy because... and this is hilarious... You changed it's location the new DLC location! Yup, a base game card, went to an area accessed only if you own the DLC.
I own the DLC and was able to get the trophy, but it was a d*** move!

After all you've done right, you did this... Hope you actually fix this.

My Witcher 3 Wild Hunt/Hearts of Stone/ Blood an Wine Review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW3z1TUZYc4

Hey everyone. My name's Matt, I'm 20 years old, I live in Australia AND I absolutely LOVE The Witcher 3. And seeing how the final expansion released not too long ago I decided to review it along with The Wild Hunt and Hearts of Stone. If you haven't yet bought HOS and BAW then check out my review. And don't worry, It's SPOILER FREE. I also have a bunch of other reviews up already so feel free to check them out. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated, as I look to improve my skills. Thanks :)

By the way... :angry2: or :disgust:? I still can't make up my mind hahaha.

Dear developers at CD Projekt Red.

Thank you for finally implementing the option to turn off Camera Auto Center. The game changed completely for me and suddenly I felt like I was actually part of the world. Now I can eventually enjoy the vast vistas and far horizons of Toussant without the wobbly camera ruining it.

Now I can finally position the camera angel lower to see farther and I am no longer forced to stare on the ground while riding my horse...THANK YOU SOO MUCH CDPR! After more than one year of waiting, you made my dream come true!!!!! I have so much respect for you guys! This is something that is called extraordinary fan commitment!!!! You listened to your fans even 1 year after release...this is more than commendable!!

The new DLC is even better than the main game and the HUD and Inventory improvements are INSANE! THIS is how an RPG's HUD and Inventory are supposed to look and feel like. Convenience at its best! The opportunity to turn off things one by one.... congratulations on this masterpiece of game design!

Now only one thing is preventing this game from being absolutely perfect: The slow walk of Geralt that was patched out with the addition of the alternate control mode. If you brought back this slow movement speed of Geralt via patch, I would probably send you guys a big fat gift basket asap!!!!

Thank you CDPR!

With best regards

Your devoted fan and customer

Just finished the main storyline. WOW! CD Projekt Red - thank you for a great game

Late to the party, but with this being the last witcher game for the foreseeable future, I was not about to rush thru it - little did I know it would take me a year. Fantastic game. Got me into reading the books. Finished the first two short story collections. About to read the first novel. I've played some great games in my day, but pound for pound, I can see the sweat, tears and love that went into this game. I've played all the witcher games, but have to say it was satisfying having this one be open world. Took me about 125 hours to 'beat' but still have TONS of side stuff, unexplored areas. Etc. Haven't even started either DLC, but will soon. I wish I spoke/read the Polish language, but I don't so thank goodness for the English translations of most of the books now.

Can't wait for Cyberpunk, and please, never change over at CD Projekt Red. You all are the most gamer friendly developer out there - ever.

Thank you,
A fan
Matt

Witcher 3 Endgame

After beating Blood & Wine in NG+ I was dismayed that the game is over.

But then I went up to Velen, turned on Enemy Upscaling, and started plowing through the myriad of question marks all over the map.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that there's plenty of fighting and content to explore in the game, even if you're not doing a quest.
The designers put careful effort into making sure these question marks are actually worth checking out.
Its not just monster nests. A lot of it is lore-related and helps flesh out the world and tell more of the story. You will find letters and reading material to add to the immersion and nearly every "?" on the map is somewhat unique and worth checking out.

Many of them are treasure hunts and its fun to upgrade my gear at level 84.

And its fun to go "home" to Corvo Bianco when I've had enough and then do some exploring the next day.

I am level 84 and still able to find all kinds of new gear upgrades as well.

Thanks to enemy upscaling, Witcher 3 does have a bit of an endgame.

Wow this game is incredibly overrated and awful. I was expecting a great action rpg but what I got was a clunky buggy mess. The good story and graphics doesn't save it from its god awful gameplay design. I am still in utter shock how such a poor action rpg like Witcher 3 could get soo many game of the year awards. From awful combat, to awful controls,to awful leveling, to awful enemy AI, to insanely repetitive Witcher senses, repetitive quest design, boring skill trees and plethora of other issues. I've should have known better when I've seen people criticizing its crap gameplay before I started playing. I've also read the Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 where clunky messes from gameplay as well. That shows me one thing CDPR you are a terrible developer that has no clue about making good video games will never buy the overrated movies you try to sell as videogames. Leave the videogame industry and create animated movies instead. At least you guys know how do story's.

Im 30 years old, im i gona say Witcher 3 is whiout a doubt the best game i ever played in my life, and ive played some great games of similar style.

There are some points you could need to improve, like decisions from old games making a bigger difference, in this aspects you are behing Mass Effect saga, for example, i whould not play ME3 whiout using a save incluiding ME1 and ME2 decisions, on Witcher 3? dialogue more, dialogue less, its the same.
Also you need to keep a close eye for plot holes, there are several head scraching situacions on Witcher 3, like dijkstra taking control of Redania when Adda is alive, or the BaW ending where geralt kills a vampire when he itselft toll everyone that only another vampire could kill it.
So keep in mind this for the future.

Thanks you all, and i hope Witcher saga is not over, even if it means waiting for 10-15 years.

Last edited:
yeah, gotta put Witcher 3 in my top 5 games of all time, if not top 3.............its fantastic, and DLC2 is awesome. 160 plus hours in my first main playthrough, and that is with ignoring a lot of Skellieg's side stuff

Thank you for spoiling me/us CD Projekt Red, just completed The Witcher 3 plus all dlc ....now I don't know what to play.

I know, I know... already started NG+, but its not the same thrill, don't get me wrong I LOVE IT,
but I feel bad in a sad way knowing it's the last of Geralt's adventures.

---------- Updated at 06:57 PM ----------

Also you need to keep a close eye for plot holes, there are several head scraching situacions on Witcher 3, like dijkstra taking control of Redania when Adda is alive, or the BaW ending where geralt kills a vampire when he itselft toll everyone that only another vampire could kill it.
So keep in mind this for the future.

Note that Geralt defeated Detlaff, his friend Regis a vampire kills Detlaff..
Check the cutscene The Witcher 3 Blood and Wine Final Boss Fight Dettlaff

Last edited:
Top Bottom