• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
So I jumped on the hype to see the Witcher 3 since a lot of people were claiming it to be GOTY for 2015 beating out Bloodborne which was fantastic and I got to say I am very disappointed in how bad this game turned out to be. Seriously I really wanted to enjoy this game but it was just soo awful.

- Controls

For starters the controls are soo sluggish, unresponsive and shitty to control. Its even more unresponsive than Mass effect 1 or Red Dead Redemption which had some pretty bad controls themselves. Also to make matters worse it doesn't even look or feel realistic(which I think you were going for since you wanted weight in the controls I guess??). Geralt looks awkward robot and controls like a elephant its atrocious.

- Story

So many people claim this game has a great story and great storytelling what?? The story in this game is contrived, filled with holes(the third act has some atrocious writing felt like Mass effect 3 ending, cliche, boring for large portions(Novigrad, White orchard and Final act), had poor antagonists(the Wild Hunt were barley seen in the game and were such generic evil elves they sucked ass) and poor pacing(spents too much time on Mary Sue Ciri and useless fetch quests). The characters are pretty solid Geralts a decent protagonist even though his voice can get annoying because he sounds medieval batman rather than tough English accent which would make more sense in this medieval world. The story was mediocre and had some poorly written parts so I dont see were the acclaim came from in terms of the storytelling. The Last of Us, Red Dead Redemption, Mass Effect 1, Mass Effect 2, GTA 4, Portal 2, Bioshock and Fallout New Vegas all have better stories than this game.

- Graphics

The Graphics are a great one of the best looking games out today.

- Audio

The voice acting for the most part is pretty good(Triss and Lambert sound awful however). The music is great it has a tribal eastern european feel to it suits the game well.

- Open World

Pretty bland and boring. The world looked nice but the way it was designed reminded me of Ubisofts open world structure. So many useless weapon and armour placed around the world. Repetitive enemy placement so many usless bandits and enemies. No form of environmental storytelling like how Bethesda does there worlds. You should learn how to do open worlds like how Rockstar and Bethesda do it not Ubisofts open worlds which are mediocre.

- Gameplay

The biggest problem in this game is the gameplay is soo atrocious. The combat is awful, the leveling is shit, the quest design is extremely boring and repetitive(insane over use of Witcher senses shows the lack of creativity. Also the Arhkam games did detective work far better than the Witcher 3) and poor enemy AI. The combat is so poorly designed and clumsy its baffling. The game is marketed as tactical action rpg?? Do you people play an good action rpgs or any good third person action games?? This combat system is soo brain dead, extremely repetitive, clunky and floaty. The game decides when your in combat, it decides which enemy to target(even though it has the worst most imprecise targeting system I've ever experienced), no control over attacks, poor hitboxes, inconsistent dodging and lack of feed back when hit an enemy. The crap controls makes stuff even worse. The leveling sucks balls no scaling allows makes you either under or over leveled. The skill tree is boring, confusing and useless since any build is overpowered past level 15.

In conclusion this game is awful and I really dont see why it won any awards. Bloodborne and other games deserved more acclaim than this pile of crap.

Dont agree with game being awful I think its good but I agree the Witcher 3 is incredibly overrated. Witcher 3 has dreadful gameplay design its awful. Good storytelling doesnt wash out the atrocious gameplay. Bloodborne deserved GOTY. It was the most balanced game of 2015. It had amazing gameplay and a solid story. Witcher 3 has a good story but awful gameplay. Metal Gear 5 had an awful story but great gameplay. Fallout 4 had an awful story and mediocre gameplay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great game good production value and solid storytelling but I think this game is being massively overrated since their is many major problems with the games gameplay design. The combat lacks depth, feels clunky and is extremely repetitive. The controls are pretty bad very unresponsive and a pain to control.

Great game good production value and solid storytelling but I think this game is being massively overrated since their is many major problems with the games gameplay design. The combat lacks depth, feels clunky and is extremely repetitive. The controls are pretty bad very unresponsive and a pain to control.

...though it will not solve problems with crippled leveling system of skills and items, which prevents Witcher 3 to became a truly great GAME like Baldur's Gate 2, Mass Effect 2 or Skyrim.
Still it is great INTERACTIVE STORY, for which I wish to give my thanks to developers.

Complain Summary:... ...!!The fundamentals of The Witcher 3 are broken!!

So I jumped on the hype to see the Witcher 3 since a lot of people were claiming it to be GOTY for 2015 beating out Bloodborne which was fantastic and I got to say I am very disappointed in how bad this game turned out to be. Seriously I really wanted to enjoy this game but it was just soo awful...

...In conclusion this game is awful and I really dont see why it won any awards.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/123410-All-the-Mods-and-Updates-have-finally-made-Witcher-3-complete?p=2882720#post2882720

You're Welcome.

Last edited:
This is a game that I would be the first game is would own if I had a gaming PC. I would mod the game extensively of course. But I would buy it and play it immediately...though I'd hook it up to my TV instead of a computer monitor though.

New poster here I want say I enjoyed my time with the Witcher 3 but I feel the game is getting overhyped too much. For all the things it gets right like good graphics, good characters, engaging story and nice world I really hated the gameplay. I dont want sound to much like a prick but it was so badly made it made me heave. Worth A Buy a fairly popular channel got death threats when he made this video which is sad since its fantastic and shows you how bad the combat really is in this game. The targeting system is trash and imprecise. The attack moves are very random and inconsistent. The hit boxes seem terrible and out of sink. The controls are really unresponsive and clunky. The AI was really stupid. The combat almost ruined this game for me in many moments and many people agreed with me on other forums and subbredits.

Worth A Buy break down on the terrible combat: https://youtu.be/kkFqn1TMeH4

Last edited:
New poster here I want say I enjoyed my time with the Witcher 3 but I feel the game is getting overhyped too much. For all the things it gets right like good graphics, good characters, engaging story and nice world I really hated the gameplay. I dont want sound to much like a prick but it was so badly made it made me heave. Worth A Buy a fairly popular channel got death threats when he made this video which is sad since its fantastic and shows you how bad the combat really is in this game. The targeting system is trash and imprecise. The attack moves are very random and inconsistent. The hit boxes seem terrible and out of sink. The controls are really unresponsive and clunky. The AI was really stupid. The combat almost ruined this game for me in many moments and many people agreed with me on other forums and subbredits.

Worth A Buy break down on the terrible combat: https://youtu.be/kkFqn1TMeH4

Yeah, that's why I have waited all the way til now (GotY Edition) to play 'Witcher 3' , with this here mod that actually makes the sword-fighting slightly challenging/interesting: The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt - Enhanced Edition by Reaperrz http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1814/?

I think this game is the most immersive, thoughtful, beautiful thing I have ever played. I'm grateful to CDPR for making it, to the composers and Percival Schuttenbach for the amazing music, and above all to Sapkowski for having invented the wonderful characters in the first place.

Hello CD Projekt RED,

i want to say thank you on this way, that you have changed the ingame-programed loot-possibility of cave troll liver from 33,333... % to 100%.

This game was one hell of an experience. I was absorbed from the minute I played. It quite literally ruined my social life, ha ha. The world feels so alive and lived-in, the characters are all great (except Lambert. Fuck Lambert), the story is awesome, the voice acting is phenomenal, the combat is epic, the music is incredible and beautiful - the creatures, sidequests, dialogue, writing, art direction, women; all dripping with quality. Thank you for making one of the best RPGs I've ever played.

I'm finding it hard to think of anything I didn't like. The only criticisms I can think of would be minor stuff such as inventory lag, long load times, and Roach being a bit of a pain to control. I did experience a few glitches here and there that forced me to reload a save, but I changed the auto save time to 2 minutes so it didn't bother me all that much. And also, the glitches were very sparse. Other than that, I can't think of much else. Sorry.

Once again, thanks for making one of my favourite games of all time.

RIP, Vesemir.

Last edited:
I am still puzzled why everyone thinks this game is some amazing game. To me it feels like a lesser version of every game I've played. Its just a piece of mediocrity. The story, characters and dialogue feels cheesy, generic, boring and trite. A game like Dragon Inquisition does the rpg mechanics and storytelling much better. The open world isnt really an open world(zones doesnt count as an open world). It also feels like a generic Ubisoft world in terms of its design. Bethesda/Rockstar games do it much better in terms of world design. The combat feels dated, clumsy, unresponsive, and all over the place. The Arkham and Souls games do it way better in terms combat design. My opinion of the game still stands even after a year. I tried to get into for the second time and I honestly can't stand the awful gameplay even more this time. Its just a really overrated mediocre game that is all over the place in terms of its design. It feels like it was made by an inexperienced indie developer with a large budget.

My first impressions a year ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUbYaU2aI5Q&feature=youtu.be

Hard bro hard. I have no clue why people love this game I think its pretty average and boring. Combat and controls was awful shit.

Guest 3923850

Really great game, thumbs up, all 4 of them. I haven't managed to play the game before, due to time restrictions in the past 8 months or so and now got the GOTY edition last month. i'm around 100 hours in and haven't even finished the main campaign, let alone the expansions and i've really been entertained so far. Love the World, the characters, the creatures, basically the whole universe. Combat's a bit on the easy side, even though i'm playing on Death March, but it's still quite good with some complexity, still better than most RPG games except for the Soulsborne series maybe.

I'm playing on the Playstation 4 (slowly moving away from PC gaming) and i must say it's a fantastic port. I know you guys are more "PC oriented", buy you really did an awesome job on the console, considering it's pretty mediocre hardware. I'm noticing drops below the target framerate EXTREMELY rarely, while the graphics look better than in any open world game i've seen so far, the chumps at Bethesda should take notes.. I hope you will continue to develop games for consoles in the future and treat them with the same love and effort as you did this one.

All in all, thank you for the wonderful experience. The Witcher 3 is so far my personal Game of the Year 2016.

What a lovely game! Nothing but amazement fills my heart at the thought of it. Amazement and ponies!

[Sard Edit: Fixed for, well, everything. ]

Last edited by a moderator:
Good game definitely fantastic world, characters, quests and story. However I do feel the game is held back by lackluster gameplay. The combat was janky, lacked any polish, had bad mecahnics, is way too easy, has no depth and felt like awkward Arkham/Souls hybrid. Mistake something like Dragons Dogma combat would fit Witcher the best. Nioh combat too would be great copy as well. Leveled quests also is horrible in an open world RPG makes the player feel restricted for no reason. No level scaling is a mistake because you become way to overpowered even on Death March. The skills tree was pretty useless and boring barely any difference between builds. Focus on polishing gameplay next time for Witcher 4 or Cyberpunk.

Last edited:
In hindsight I think one of my biggest problems with the game's writing is that it often veers dangerously close to becoming shallow and 100% morally black and white, which sort of goes against everything that the franchise stands for.

It's still nuanced for the most part, but I'm thinking particularly in regards to the witch hunters and wild hunt. To reflect back to one of my favorite minor quests in tw2, you have the option to choose to side with the racist xenophobic guards, or the poor persecuted elf woman. However it manages to subvert your expectations when the twist is that the guards had a perfectly good reason to suspect her - especially when she'll repeatedly try to have you killed in all scenarios of the quest. This helps you realize that things aren't always as clear as you might think, and there's flawed people on both sides.

This however seems severely lacking in the witch hunters vs mages conflict. The witch hunters are always 100% unreasonable assholes, and the mages are always wrongfully persecuted. Now I'm not saying there can't be a faction that's generally "in the wrong", but it makes it awfully simple when there's hardly any depth or subversion going on. It would've been interesting if there had been a quest or two where either a mage was being hunted for actually having done serious wrong, or maybe giving some more sympathetic backstory to certain witch hunters and explain their fears and reasons other than "mages suck". Closest we get is one witch hunter dude who isn't a huge prick to Geralt.

Also the wild hunt almost feel like Saturday morning cartoon villains when we aren't given any *real* backstory for their motivation. Which ties into my next point: Lack of mystique.

imo TW1 and TW2's stories worked quite well for the most part since there was a vast web of hidden agendas, conspiracies and intertwining schemes with many twists and turns that don't become clear until the end. In TW3 it basically boils down to finding Ciri so she can give you the exposition about the wild hunt indeed being baddies who need to be stopped, which you then do. So basically when you have a main story where your allies are practically 100% reliable good guys that have your back against 100% certified bad guys with no complex motivations, things become way too shallow. The only thing that saves it from being a mess is that we're kept going by well written interactions between your allies, but that doesn't really work as a replacement for the story not having enough mystery or morally grey areas.

I am glad however that CDPR mostly fixed these issues in the expansions and that the side quests are mostly well written, but it's still a shame how large parts of the main quest are ultimately way too straight forward.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, Since this is a feedback thread I would really just like too say the The Witcher Wild hunt is absolutely one of the best games I have ever played, I've just finished blood and wine and so have now reached the end of Geralts Story. I am rather looking forward to the eventual release of cyberpunk 2077!

I have attempted writing my own review of the game as I would quite like to get into game reviews, It is my first ever review so don't expect a masterpiece but I shall leave you all the link http://austinrambles.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/witcher-3-wild-hunt-cd-projekt-red.html

Thank you so much CD Projekt Red for this marvel and I look forward too what you bring out in the future!

Top Bottom