• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Very disappointed by the W3 thought the game somewhat sucked. How the game played was worse than games on the PS2. My god the combat was terrible.

Last edited:
drty;n8366690 said:
Registered here just to say that Witcher 3 is the best game ever it terms of narrative and storytelling, and, at the same time, the worst game ever in terms of combat mechanics.

Took the words out of mouth. Check out my old review for the Witcher 3. Extremely overrated mediocre game saved by great world and story/characters. The game mechanics from the combat, controls and leveling were extremely poor. It was painful to play this game after Bloodborne.

https://youtu.be/dmtTYJ0SXBE

Last edited:
I love how Witcher 3 combat mechanics has inspired other games - Igni and Aard (even Aard freeze) can now be found in Mass Effect Andromeda. Very fun to play.
But I miss the swords, just gun combat only when not using "magic" effects (called biotic in that game) and no stylish slow motion finishing moves with runed silver swords.....

Witcher 3 feels awesome in movement and combat even after finishing Horizon Zero Dawn and all other actual gen games, but at least some mods are necessary for the best Witcher 3 experience (no enemy auto-lock-on or press-button enemy lock-on mod is necessary, mods for free movement in combat instead of forced auto-lock and forced auto-direction auto-facing enemies during combat is a must-have.
With a good collection of free combat movement + free combat camera and disable auto-lock-on and disable autofacing enemies mods Witcher 3 swordplay has the same quality and almost feel like the currently best sword mechanics on the market: Final Fantasy XV Episode Gladiolus / Nier Automata.)

frynse;n7376090 said:
In hindsight I think one of my biggest problems with the game's writing is that it often veers dangerously close to becoming shallow and 100% morally black and white, which sort of goes against everything that the franchise stands for.

It's still nuanced for the most part, but I'm thinking particularly in regards to the witch hunters and wild hunt. To reflect back to one of my favorite minor quests in tw2, you have the option to choose to side with the racist xenophobic guards, or the poor persecuted elf woman. However it manages to subvert your expectations when the twist is that the guards had a perfectly good reason to suspect her - especially when she'll repeatedly try to have you killed in all scenarios of the quest. This helps you realize that things aren't always as clear as you might think, and there's flawed people on both sides.

This however seems severely lacking in the witch hunters vs mages conflict. The witch hunters are always 100% unreasonable assholes, and the mages are always wrongfully persecuted. Now I'm not saying there can't be a faction that's generally "in the wrong", but it makes it awfully simple when there's hardly any depth or subversion going on. It would've been interesting if there had been a quest or two where either a mage was being hunted for actually having done serious wrong, or maybe giving some more sympathetic backstory to certain witch hunters and explain their fears and reasons other than "mages suck". Closest we get is one witch hunter dude who isn't a huge prick to Geralt.

Also the wild hunt almost feel like Saturday morning cartoon villains when we aren't given any *real* backstory for their motivation. Which ties into my next point: Lack of mystique.

imo TW1 and TW2's stories worked quite well for the most part since there was a vast web of hidden agendas, conspiracies and intertwining schemes with many twists and turns that don't become clear until the end. In TW3 it basically boils down to finding Ciri so she can give you the exposition about the wild hunt indeed being baddies who need to be stopped, which you then do. So basically when you have a main story where your allies are practically 100% reliable good guys that have your back against 100% certified bad guys with no complex motivations, things become way too shallow. The only thing that saves it from being a mess is that we're kept going by well written interactions between your allies, but that doesn't really work as a replacement for the story not having enough mystery or morally grey areas.

I am glad however that CDPR mostly fixed these issues in the expansions and that the side quests are mostly well written, but it's still a shame how large parts of the main quest are ultimately way too straight forward.

Super on point! Other games have released patches and Enhanced Editions alterating and fixing story discrepancies, its a shame CDPRED has not :/

Guest 3847602

Just wanted to post a beautiful video about the game's environments...

[video=youtube;SNF4YdzS-bk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNF4YdzS-bk[/video]

WITCHER 3 The Hypest RPG Game Of All Time

Honestly wasnt highly impressive game to me after hearing about it so much online I gave into The hype was it good yeah was it aww amazing no not by a long shot was a very lazy designed game for money

MARKXMMXM0R0S;n9053110 said:
Honestly wasnt highly impressive game to me after hearing about it so much online I gave into The hype was it good yeah was it aww amazing no not by a long shot was a very lazy designed game for money

I agree that W3 is over-hyped by fans, but it's clearly not honest to call it "lazy designed for money", there are not so many single-player campaigns ever with comparable amount of high-quality content for a price of a single game. (GTA, TES, Starcraft etc )

So here I am - firing up TW3 GOTY for the first time on my old rig 2 yrs after the release. I didn't get that PS4 for the Collectors Edition I have nor did I changed the video card in the PC for a high-all experience.
The video settings are mid-high and FPS variates between 15 and 20 something. Still enjoyable. What impressed me most so far (I'm only at the beginning) are the NPC's faces - so detailed, so right to the stories (quests) and the voiceovers just glue everything toghether in the most touching way. Pretty mind blowing, at least mine!

For anyone wondering about the PS specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 940 3,0 GHz soket AM2/AM2+
8Gb DDR2 RAM
Sapphire AMD Radeon HD6790 (this one also bought specifically for TW2 )

I am right there beside you. Playing through for the 5th time now...and I'm loving every waking minute. (I'm still stumbling into quests I didn't do before.) Truly, one of the greatest games ever made.

The game was fun, but then I going play the game in ps4 and ... If the game continue being awasome. but for some reason i cant find a lot of thing for example "sangre de demonio mayor" for doing hanged oil... well I play the game in spanish... and I cant do the blood wine exp

In short, I'm in love with this game. But there is something I find surprising and a bit disappointing. I'm playing it for the second time and this time on Death March. I am very VERY unskilled and expected DM to be so hard that fights would be near impossible for me to win without carefully selecting appropriate oils, bombs, etc. Instead what I find is that by now (level 15) fights with enemies near my level are so easy that I often deliberately skip using alchemy items just to give myself some challenge. After some unbelievably easy fights I keep checking the gameplay settings to see if maybe the difficulty automatically changed to "just the story" but no, it is on DM. And did I mention I am totally unskilled? I'm still very much enjoying my time in the game world and watching the story unfold but I didn't get the challenging, fun fights that I expected from DM.

Top Bottom