TW3 Gwent Digital Card Game on Mobile Devices?

+

• Total voters

Just as the title suggests, who would like to see the trading card game Gwent get turned into a full fledged game on the mobile devices?? This game looks like it could have a lot of potential as a stand-alone!

OR

If there just isn't enough development time/power to make a full Gwent trading card game for the devices then perhaps give us an application that lets us view the cards we've collected so far, etc? Pretty please.

Gwent Information:

- Can compete across various regions in TW3
- Massive tournament at the end
- Turn based
- Clash of 2 armies on the battlefield
- Player are leaders
- Cards are the forces
- 4 factions
- Each faction has different combat styles
- System of Combo's and magic

Gwent Screenshots:

Gwent Video's:

Attachments

• Gwent 2.jpg
    Gwent 2.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 81
  • Gwent.jpg
    Gwent.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Honestly, much as I love the fact The Witcher 3 is single player, I'd rather them add a strictly optional multiplayer Gwynt mode to the game itself in a future update.

From what i've seen noone gives a f**** about digital version of W Adventure Game so i don't think that anyone would burden themselves with digital Gwint if it would ever "go android". It seems there is noone to take care and listen to gamers of W:AG [yeah me and fried were in beta testing] - there is a separate thread for that.

BUT i do have a crazy idea that came to me whatching some videaos of that $$$ milking cow known as Mortal Kombat X..... 2D or pseudo 3D fighting game in Sapkowski's universe...... in story mode fighting against Geralt....... It would.... ROCK! \m/

I voted yes but I'm being optimistic. I still don't know enough about Gwent to know yet. Is Gwent complex enough to allow it to be fun to play against other people?

I'm especially curious about how many cards are available to collect. If there is only like 50 - 100 cards, then it's likely most people would have the same deck of cards to play each other with. If Gwent has like maybe 500 - 1000 cards then it would probably be complex and varied enough to be fun for long periods of time. However, I definitely don't expect there to be that many cards. This is more likely to be a card game that will be a fun distraction from the main game and not complex enough to justify it being a stand-alone game. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

I too worry about the complexity of Gwent. As for how many cards there are, another Gwent thread in the past few pages has a quote (not sure on it's legitimacy) that there will be over 150 cards. If that's closer to 200 it might provide some variety.

If there just isn't enough development time/power to make a full Gwent trading card game for the devices then perhaps give us an application that lets us view the cards we've collected so far, etc? Pretty please.

Cards you've collected in the game?
How would your mobile device know what those are?

Cards you've collected in the game?
How would your mobile device know what those are?
The game client can send that data to their servers which your mobile device would retrieve. Somewhat similar systems were in place for games like Destiny, Assassin's Creed etc. But it wouldn't work with a game like witcher where you are allowed to have unlimited number of save games and hence unlimited number of world states not to mention the game is designed to work offline.

I would settle with them actually allowing us to purchase physical decks. I understand they wanted to beef up what people got in the Collector's Edition, but it would just be nice to be able to purchase such a thing outside of those editions if you have no reason to buy the CE for that platform.

The game client can send that data to their servers which your mobile device would retrieve. Somewhat similar systems were in place for games like Destiny, Assassin's Creed etc. But it wouldn't work with a game like witcher where you are allowed to have unlimited number of save games and hence unlimited number of world states not to mention the game is designed to work offline.

Destiny, Assassin's Creed etc. all require you to be online. TW3 doesn't. The suggestion would therefore involve setting up an online component and providing those servers.

It may happen through Steam or GOG Galaxy, but otherwise, it isn't exactly a small task.

We don't know if it's any fun at all yet. But it looks like it is to me, so why not? Although I don't play on mobile devices so an online game mode in the game itself would be more to my liking.

I'd like them to provide an online game, if anything, as a small-scale project. On an app version of the game. It's just the "view our cards on devices" option that doesn't really work for me.

I'd like them to provide an online game, if anything, as a small-scale project. On an app version of the game. It's just the "view our cards on devices" option that doesn't really work for me.

I agree that the first choice I presented of bringing an app version of the game is indeed the most lucrative but if the devs just don't have the manpower nor resources to pursue an independent app for Gwent then I would think at least letting us see our cards where ever we go would be better than nothing :)

I understand what you mean about needing to set up dedicated servers to house that information since TW3 is primarily an offline title however, cant they just set up an optional "online update" system where it would scan the games files (wherever the Gwent card information is stored) and simply retrieve the cards you have from that database and feed them to the app's database and then present it in a nice GUI maybe with some cool interaction?? So essentially it could be either an automatic feed or manually executed by the user. In this day an age that sounds more than possible.

*Warning: I am not a programmer.

It's not "primarily" an offline title, it's exclusively an offline title.

It may be a simple application, but the required infrastructure to support it has no other use at the moment, which makes it an expensive option. Perhaps when GOG Galaxy is a full-blown system it may be different, as that infrastructure can be used. (Or the equivalent in Steam, PSN and the like if they have the base mechanics to do it).

I want a physical verson of Gwent...

...oh wait, I have the wrong platform... :p

Just ask Microsoft: maybe they can make a mobile version for Windows Phones as another Xbox exclusive CE bonus...

After watching Angry Joe's video, I must say I quite like the idea of the game. That being said, I honestly doubt it would be too popular as a separate game. Having it as a separate multiplayer game mode within TW3 might be a more reasonable option. But it all depends on how fun it really is and whether it remains fun after a lot of plays.

Top Bottom