TW3 is my favourite rpg of all time. anyone else feel like tw3 ruined every other rpg, and feel discouraged from other games

+
Not trying to boast or be a fanboy. Honestly, TW3 has absolutely annihilated my desire to play any other game. I have no interest in finishing farcry 4, replaying DA:I, nothing of the sort. I do not want to game, honestly, because I know absolutely nothing can live up tp tw3.

TW3 was such an amazing narriative (despite what i view as some flaws- I was not a fan of the avallac storyline.)

Each and every side quest was meaningful and amazing, and I've never seen that in a video game before. I felt like the side quests were part of the main campaign and I hate doing sidequests and i hate open world games. I hate gathering 10 herbs, and i am not a fan of exploring.

TW3 has shown me that I don't hate sidequests or OW games, I simply like them done well. I have genuine doubts that any game will ever be as good as TW3, and it deeply saddens me that they are through with Geralt. I loved that flawed but genuine character- I'd play him until tw10 if they let me.

I even doubt tw4 will live up, and even if it does, I need to wait 2-5 years. I feel worse than I did when House ended. lol.

I hope studios take lessons from tw3, and hope other games manage to live up. I don't think I'll ever enjoy a game like I did tw3, and that depresses the hell out of me. I wish Geralt and Ciri got one more game. :|

You should check out Baldur's gate 3...Well the spiritual successor to Baldur's gate that is, Pillars of eternity!

You should check out Baldur's gate 3...Well the spiritual successor to Baldur's gate that is, Pillars of eternity!

i've actually never played BG (kind of before my time- I'm 21) I remember playing BG: dark alliance (the rpg) when I was like 11 or 12. I've never been a big fan of RTS though.

i've actually never played BG (kind of before my time- I'm 21) I remember playing BG: dark alliance (the rpg) when I was like 11 or 12. I've never been a big fan of RTS though.
Baldur's gate 1-2 isn't an **RTS It's a classic CRPG that can be had for a pittance over at gog, you should definitely check it out! :like:
**(I don't like them either 'cept for JRTS)

You summed up everything i feel about the whole thing, i said it before and will say it again, this game set the bar very high up for all other games, other AAA games might feel subpar now since i will always be comparing them to this one.

i'm no Witcher fan and never played previous ones, this is is my first one since i'm open world games fan. so this is coming from someone new to the the franchise, CDPR did a an outstanding job to grab people into this franchise and it worth every single second of your time not just a false hype.

Okay, so i'm getting further into the story and i hate to say it.. yes.. even rpgs.

W3 now completely confirms bioware's status as the dumb action movie developer in the rpg space.
Even the somewhat better quests and phasing in elder scrolls online are made to look like not much more than a sequence of 'this happened next'.

Its such a shame about the graphical downgrade (read, cdpr not respecting other platforms apart from the lowest one), voluntary censorship (naked characters did not have underwear on in witcher 2, no nude patch required), and just dumb console stuff (exclusives at the cost of players, dumb ui choices that are console focused etc).

Yeah its a shame, the environment in general have gone new places and not appreciated enough as they should be due to their honestly woeful handling of being a multiplatform developer.

Nope, didn't ruin me. Aside from TW3's short-comings, (and I would stress that there are many), The Witcher 3 is a narrative driven 3rd-Person Action RPG. Games like The Elder Scrolls still hold the high-ground, in my book, for immersion due to the character building process, home-owning features, and 1st-Person Perspective. Likewise games like shooters still hold the appeal for quick satisfaction.

In some ways I'd argue that the pure size and length of TW3 makes it unappealing for replay.

I was about midway playing through Elder Scrolls Online when TW3 was released.
After completing TW3, I realized how much differently I played one game from the other.
The Witcher 3 had me thriving not to miss any dialogue and quests.
Going back to ESO, I just can't seem to get back into it because of lackluster questing elements.
It has been "exit to desktop" within 10-15 minutes ever since.
Besides the multi-player aspect, TW3 helped further my dislike of the inner workings of mmorpgs.

Last edited:
Didn't ruin anything for me.
It started all well but 80h later I can't get myself to play and finish the main quest.
I don't know the exact reason, I didn't put much thought into it, but probably sum of all bad things (bugs, poor lighting, repetitive combat, horrible UI etc.) killed any bit of enthusiasm I had for this game at the beginning.
Best quest dialogues with superb voice acting, I'll give them that.

No, you didn't like it. There's a difference.
Nope. It's technically broken. Anyone with enough experience on games can clearly observe that.

---------- Updated at 12:23 PM ----------

The very same is possible in the souls games, so whats the point?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PehXn69SU8U
And the player still uses signs.

Except that to achieve that on Soul Games a certain degree of skill is required. You can clearly see how easy TW3 is.

Yeah, I have the same feeling. Checkout this video exposing the totally poor battle system.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RETTzO2TaRM

What's the point of that video? Every enemy shown in that Video is lvl 12-14 whilst the Player is lvl 23. Of course it's easy then to beat the shit out of your enemies when they are 9-11 levels under your own.
Does this Video proof anything? No, it doesn't!
You should work on your trolling, right now it's subpar!

What's the point of that video? Every enemy shown in that Video is lvl 12-14 whilst the Player is lvl 23. Of course it's easy then to beat the shit out of your enemies when they are 9-11 levels under your own.
Does this Video proof anything? No, it doesn't!
You should work on your trolling, right now it's subpar!

The price you pay for not having proper enemy scaling. Most enemies in this game are low level if you still haven't noticed it. Ahem... Scourn Skellige map and try to find a enemy mob of level 20, 30+. See the results.

Nope. It's technically broken. Anyone with enough experience on games can clearly observe that.

Except that to achieve that on Soul Games a certain degree of skill is required..

Why should skill matter that much in a roleplaying game? And Souls Games dont require skill(atleast when it comes to PVE), rather patience.

While I really liked the Witcher 3. Fallout 4 is being released this year. The amount of freedom in those games is way beyond the Witcher 3. The game is great but you have more of an illusion of freedom in the game compared to the Freedom of a Bethesda game.

Way too much circlejerk going on here and on Reddit, it's a good game don't get me wrong but there's so much wrong with it I can't let it go.
The levelling system is ridiculous, The Monster scaling is terrible, there is nothing to do outside the story apart from the places of power, which makes the rest of the game even more ridiculous if you want a challenge.
I played on the hardest difficulty, I expected somewhat of a challenge, I may as well have been playing it one handed. Or else may have just have read a book.. too many people I think see shiny graphics and nice sunsets or whatever and praise it for being a "good game" sorry but no that's not what makes a good game.
Interesting and fleshed out combat and scaling/levelling systems along with a story is what to some of us makes a good game.
I can only see now what they did wrong, can appreciate the story as ive played both other games, but i'm not a blind fanboy.

Why should skill matter that much in a roleplaying game? And Souls Games dont require skill(atleast when it comes to PVE), rather patience.

Like, seriously ? Why approach players with different options of difficulty when they all are easy ? *Souls games don't require Skill*

Sorry, I don't really want to sound mean or anything, but... I want to stop now, I won't keep going, there is no sense about your comment on Souls. I could destroy your argument but you do seem like a nice person and I don't want to sound mean. It's not my goal.

The main problem with The Witcher 3 isn't the combat mechanism in itself. While there are some AI aspect that could be improved, everything is rendered useless because the game lacks balance on every aspect. You just get money too easily, rare crafting materials comes too easily, you just go making the best armors with zero effort. Hence you get over powered. The mutagen synergy bonus are extremely over powered. The alchemy becomes unbalanced for you just get so many free alcohol in the game and on top of that you can drink how many potions you wish, toss tons of bombs, after meditating everything gets replenish by one bottle of alcohest. That pretty much erases any strategical feeling. It's hollow, it feels empty.

Last edited:
Iori, stop trolling. You're bad at it.

Scaling is a design choice. One that I like, actually. As i level, bandits from level 1 areas souldn't suddenly become as strong as me. The one thing I would say is monsters should scale (drowners are drowners) but it doesn't bother me, I like the scaling system- makes it easy to know which quests to do next.

Allchemy is also subjective- I liked it. make a potion once and never have to go back into the stupid menu and re-make it. It is convenient.

Iori, stop trolling. You're bad at it.

Scaling is a design choice. One that I like, actually. As i level, bandits from level 1 areas souldn't suddenly become as strong as me. The one thing I would say is monsters should scale (drowners are drowners) but it doesn't bother me, I like the scaling system- makes it easy to know which quests to do next.

Allchemy is also subjective- I liked it. make a potion once and never have to go back into the stupid menu and re-make it. It is convenient.

You must really hate RPGS. Management is a classical element of the genre. I'm not trolling. I'm pointing out valid arguments. The word trolling is so over used nowadays. Anything that goes on contrary to blind worship becomes labeled as trolling. Geez...

Last edited:
Top Bottom