TW3 is my favourite rpg of all time. anyone else feel like tw3 ruined every other rpg, and feel discouraged from other games

+
the funniest thing is to try to play Assassin's Creed Unity after witcher 3 lol
it's so shitty in every aspect in comparison... for triple the budget xD

Absolutely not. While I really enjoy playing W3, it has so many flaws and bugs, there are definitely better games out there.
It's just hyped over the top by all the dimwitted fanboys.

every game has flaws and bugs. It is not overhyped.

People enjoy different things than you? Oh my god. What a surprise. It does not make us dimwitted. You having to lower yourself to generalized insults, however...

Absolutely not. While I really enjoy playing W3, it has so many flaws and bugs, there are definitely better games out there.
It's just hyped over the top by all the dimwitted fanboys.

There is something CDPR did right in this game. The Marketing Campaign. Raised the hype to another universe. The game clearly doesn't meet up to the hype made of it. Yes. You're 200% right. Unfortunately, coz I really wished the game to be all that.

I'm not a fan of the big ticket RPG franchises very much to begin with, so TW3 didn't ruin anything for me. But it is cool that Ultima VII is finally bumped off of its spot on the all-time list. Wasn't sure that would ever happen.

If you want to talk about disappointment, I couldn't even bring myself to finish slogging through PoE.

Interesting. I think TW3's combat wipes the floor with Souls. I think it still would even if it were only swordplay. I'm prolly biased, though, in my utter hatred of i-frames. Though it's actually mroe about TW3 being more dynamic, with special moves, signs and alchemy, whereas DS is all about good execution of the same few elements (block-dodge-strike), over and over, against enemies that rarely defend themselves.

I haven't played or seen the other games you've mentioned. Are they for PC only?

As for my answer to the OP, I think TW3 has more awesomeness than any game, but has some huge problems with pacing (overleveling being the biggest) that put it behind Inquisition, imo.

TW3 doesn't offer nearly as much depth or challenge in combat as any Souls game, especially challenge part, the game is just too easy with very little variety in monsters and pretty bad AI.

There is something CDPR did right in this game. The Marketing Campaign. Raised the hype to another universe. The game clearly doesn't meet up to the hype made of it. Yes. You're 200% right. Unfortunately, coz I really wished the game to be all that.

wrong. you're both wrong. DA:I was hyped to hell and everybody admits that it is trash. the blowback was huge.

TW3 was an immense success and deemed a masterpiece.

sorry. marketing makes sales, not fanboys or post-release hype. DA:O was one of my favourite games ever (I would consider myself a 'fanboy') and i admit da:i is trash.

I am NOT a witcher fanboy- CDPR, however, hit TW3 on the nail- it is a masterpiece.

Yeah man. Since I finished the game I am constantly thinking about it and things around it. And this is exactly what I have been thinking today. The only thing they did completely 100% right was the marketing campaign and I just swallowed it. You know like with the bait and fishrod. I literally feel owned now after completing it. Incredibly unpleasant state.I really wish I could have all these hours back and most importantly the time and expectations I had for this game prior to its release. The more I think about this game the more I see Mass Effect in it and less of Witcher.
Well, one thing is for sure - any game from CDPR from now on is perceived as a "LOL", from my side. And it's not even my little revenge or something it's just how really feel.

---------- Updated at 05:43 PM ----------

And answering teh OP question: [h=1]anyone else feel like tw3 ruined every other rpg, and feel discouraged from other games[/h]My answer is - hell no, not even close. Skyrim feels more alive than ever.

Yeah man. Since I finished the game I am constantly thinking about it and things around it. And this is exactly what I have been thinking today. The only thing they did completely 100% right was the marketing campaign and I just swallowed it. You know like with the bait and fishrod. I literally feel owned now after completing it. Incredibly unpleasant state.I really wish I could have all these hours back and most importantly the time and expectations I had for this game prior to its release. The more I think about this game the more I see Mass Effect in it and less of Witcher.
Well, one thing is for sure - any game from CDPR from now on is perceived as a "LOL", from my side. And it's not even my little revenge or something it's just how really feel.

---------- Updated at 05:43 PM ----------

And answering teh OP question: anyone else feel like tw3 ruined every other rpg, and feel discouraged from other games

My answer is - hell no, not even close. Skyrim feels more alive than ever.

this is such crap.. like..

Oh I don't like the combat. but I'm a skyrim fanboy. (abysmal combat, no story, same reused 2 caves over and over)

I'll never be able to comprehend bethesda fans.

and the video linked is stupid. He is fist fighting gray bandits with firestream. of course it is easy.

Last edited:
this is such crap.. like..

Oh I don't like the combat. but I'm a skyrim fanboy. (abysmal combat, no story, same reused 2 caves over and over)

I'll never be able to comprehend bethesda fans.

Wow... You call that an argument ? Skyrim on Legendary difficulty level proves a far greater challenge than TW3 on Death March. Phew... Since you called him a Bethesda fanboy I could simply use the same logic about you.... The only difference is that you are acting as a CDPR fanboy. Tch...

I'm not a fan of the big ticket RPG franchises very much to begin with, so TW3 didn't ruin anything for me. But it is cool that Ultima VII is finally bumped off of its spot on the all-time list. Wasn't sure that would ever happen.

If you want to talk about disappointment, I couldn't even bring myself to finish slogging through PoE.

Sorry but nothing tops Ultima VII ! =D I'm glad to meet someone who enjoys it. That game is brilliant.

Wow... You call that an argument ? Skyrim on Legendary difficulty level proves a far greater challenge than TW3 on Death March. Phew... Since you called him a Bethesda fanboy I could simply use the same logic about you.... The only difference is that you are acting as a CDPR fanboy. Tch...

I don't play video games to be immensely challenged. If that is your thing, go play dark souls or something, but that preference does not reflect the quality of an rpg. a Story driven game should be focused on story, and not immense difficulty.
With that said, I found hard to be a suitable challenge for most of the game (got a little easy at the end, but whatever, I don't play to die 900x. I'm sure if I cranked it up to death march it would've been sufficiently hard)

TW3 is not a hardvore game. It is a narrative. If you just want difficulty, get involved with esports and play starcraft.

With that said, Tw3 could probably use a nightmare difficulty with enhanced AI for the people that like to die 900,000x for some reason, but it is CDPR, not EA. they don't poop out billions of dollars. They made a masterpiece with less. The combat was not perfectly tight nor was it the most difficult game of all time. get over it.

I'm also not a cdpr fanboy. I found tw1 to be meh. I found tw2 to be good. (a 7.5-8/10) which i consider to be a good rating compared to say, DA:I I would give a 6.
TW3, however, is the best rpg ever made in my opinion. diffivulty does not make a good rpg, in my opinion.

I don't play video games to be immensely challenged. If that is your thing, go play dark souls or something, but that preference does not reflect the quality of an rpg. a Story driven game should be focused on story, and not immense difficulty.
With that said, I found hard to be a suitable challenge for most of the game (got a little easy at the end, but whatever, I don't play to die 900x. I'm sure if I cranked it up to death march it would've been sufficiently hard)

TW3 is not a hardvore game. It is a narrative. If you just want difficulty, get involved with esports and play starcraft.

With that said, Tw3 could probably use a nightmare difficulty with enhanced AI for the people that like to die 900,000x for some reason, but it is CDPR, not EA. they don't poop out billions of dollars. They made a masterpiece with less. The combat was not perfectly tight nor was it the most difficult game of all time. get over it.

I'm also not a cdpr fanboy. I found tw1 to be meh. I found tw2 to be good. (a 7.5-8/10) which i consider to be a good rating compared to say, DA:I I would give a 6.
TW3, however, is the best rpg ever made in my opinion. diffivulty does not make a good rpg, in my opinion.

Ok

Guest 3753371

I'd like to have the narrow horizon of some people. Ruined? Discouraged? I can enjoy them even more because they are not a console port mess riddled with bugs while being advertised as next-gen. This game doesn't even have a working UI... screwing up the basics is the way to go today because I got a talented 3D artist, a clever deceiving PR manager and some friends at a renderfilm studio?

No way. Glad they got it over with. Hopefully they will not further dilute the Witcher universe and stop before it's too late.

I'd like to have the narrow horizon of some people. Ruined? Discouraged? I can enjoy them even more because they are not a console port mess riddled with bugs while being advertised as next-gen. This game doesn't even have a working UI... screwing up the basics is the way to go today because I got a talented 3D artist, a clever deceiving PR manager and some friends at a renderfilm studio?

No way. Glad they got it over with. Hopefully they will not further dilute the Witcher universe and stop before it's too late.

bugs i ran into:

1) 4 crashes after 1.05
2) the end.

UI is fine. thanks though.

Yes the other games are PC only. There is nothing wrong for you or anybody to enjoy the combat of Witcher more. But in terms of how advanced, polished and responisive DS combat is, there is just no comparison. You mentioned special moves. What special moves, whirl? DS2 and bloodborne offer MORE than 10 different attacks on every weapon, in all of which you have 100% control. That's the basic low point of TW combat. I love as quick thrusting attack Geralt does some times after dodging. Well, if only i could do that MANUALLY, and he did not do it randomly. You mention signs. DS has tons of spells that you can use as a battle mage. There is no comparison there. Alchemy yeah, is something that DS does not have. But also every weapon class have different moveset, while on TW every swords weilds the same. Also there is far more advanced system on how your stats interact with weapons.The last point of enemies that rarely defend themselves is the most absurd. Sorry. Have you seen the AI on DS2 invaders? Like Maldron the assasin? Enemies there block you, dodge you, parry you, guard break you, backstab you among others, while bandits on TW3 just stand there looking at you like fools.

I prefer TW3 over DS generally, all things considered, but the combat, objectively speaking is vastly superior on DS, or any other ARPG for that matter. And again, nothing wrong with enjoying TW3's combat more.
Stop, dude. Or you'll make me regret not getting DS 2. :p

I suppose I don't value the different move sets of weapons so much, because their effect in many cases don't change much, except for bigger lunges.

As for spells, this is probably the keypoint for me. You can have a bunch of spells as a battlemage, but do they offer CC? Besides, these spells can be very unnaccessible. I remember killing a guy who sold some DoT spells on DS, by accident, because he looks exactly like a monster. Then I couldn't find the damn spell anywhere else. It seems that spells and bows are only there to shorten the amount of work you need to do in melee, just fire balls, soul arrows and stuff, basic ranged attacks logic.

I haven't played DS2, so I really didn't get to see the eneies with awesome defense. Most of what I saw in Demon Souls and Darks Souls were enemies that didn't defend and that could be pulled one at a time, lacking the AI to behave in groups, whivch I find more bothersome than the tethers we have in TW3.

As for the stats and their interaction with the wepons I agree the Souls system is awesome. I like their block systems most. I think it's really genius. The way they have spell uses instead of mana is also genius. I think they have great rules, a great form, but dont fill well in good content. Most of the proggression feels merely quantitave. I didn't feel like I could pick a "build", adopt a style from the beginning and keep improving that style, both quantitatively and qualitatively. The proggression felt very much out of my hands (without checking wikis). One thing that made me surprisingly prefer Skyrim over Dark Souls was how Skyrim's proggression is at the player's control, even though I hated the grind and the combat was silly.

Anyways... good discussion. Funny thing is that I dreamed of DS last night. Odd. I dreamed of the blacksmith I missed in the beginning of the game and only found mucch later on (part of the problem with my control over my proggression). Open world is a b!tch.

TW3 doesn't offer nearly as much depth or challenge in combat as any Souls game, especially challenge part, the game is just too easy with very little variety in monsters and pretty bad AI.
Do you think AI that is pulled one at a time is worse than the tethers in TW3?

I think the Souls game rely a lot on the i-frames gimmick. For those who don't mind it I can see how the attack variety and range of enemies can be fascinating. But all I see is the devs exploiting a gimmick. The dodges in TW3 are real. I think they're much better.

TW3 isn't as hard, but it's difficulty feels fair to me, whereas DS tends to simply troll people, as the Devs themselves admit.

As I answered the guy above, I do love many things about Souls, though. The blocking and healing mechanics are great.

bugs i ran into:

1) 4 crashes after 1.05
2) the end.

UI is fine. thanks though.

You must have barely played it then. After about 40 hours or so in the game (1.05 PC) the bugs started to show themselves more and more frequently, about 1 new bug/hour of playtime in a far progressed savestate.

---------- Updated at 08:43 PM ----------

wrong. you're both wrong. DA:I was hyped to hell and everybody admits that it is trash. the blowback was huge.

TW3 was an immense success and deemed a masterpiece.

sorry. marketing makes sales, not fanboys or post-release hype. DA:O was one of my favourite games ever (I would consider myself a 'fanboy') and i admit da:i is trash.

I am NOT a witcher fanboy- CDPR, however, hit TW3 on the nail- it is a masterpiece.

Yeah, they spent more on the marketing than on the making of the game. Noticable when you actually play it.

Jumping at someone for saying something is not (nearly) perfect is pretty much the definition of being a fanboy, just saying.

Also idk what makes you say DAI is 'trash', I enjoyed the game and while it was also not superior to everything else in the genre it was still good.
Especially in some aspects where W3 fails a lot, DAI managed to present itself well.

Just came here to agree with the OP. I completed TW3. Then tried playing another game and just couldn't. Started a new TW3 playthrough. Not even sure how to play other games anymore.

Top Bottom