TW3 is my favourite rpg of all time. anyone else feel like tw3 ruined every other rpg, and feel discouraged from other games

+
Are you the CDPR accountant latios ? It would be fine all that money spent into Marketing if the game didn't came out broken.

I dont know how many open world games you have played...
But Witcher 3 was a VERY stable launch for a game of this type.

Do you remember Oblivion? Or Skyrim? Fallout 3? STALKER CLear Sky (Shudders*)?
FFS, the finest modders in the world, people that make AAA games as a profession still cant fully fix Clear Sky...

Witcher 3... was refreshing. It actually worked!

I wouldn't say W3 ruined other RPG's for me, because well then I wouldn't ever have anything to play ever again and that would suck. I will say it's the best RPG I've played in the last 15 years. Most definitely it's the best in the 3 person RPG class.

It worked ? Interesting... The scraped combat system, alchemy system, rune crafting system, leveling system...
Apparently it looks very broken.

It worked ? Interesting... The scraped combat system, alchemy system, rune crafting system, leveling system...
Apparently it looks very broken.

*Looks at Ultra Overhyped GTA V, Fallout 3 and NV, Skyrim and Oblivion... looks at Clear Sky*

Yes. In comparison, it is absolutely a perfect launch.

I wouldn't say W3 ruined other RPG's for me, because well then I wouldn't ever have anything to play ever again and that would suck. I will say it's the best RPG I've played in the last 15 years. Most definitely it's the best in the 3 person RPG class.

I feel ya.
Just when you play something that is very good, it's hard to play anything less than the new standard. It's all about psychology :)

At least you aren't denying it's totally broken.

It is 2015 mate...

Do you see a game that is not without issues? I dont. Even linear games (simpler to test and debug) have many problems at launch.

Witcher 3 is a gigantic Open World Story driven RPG. Right after whatever the hell STALKER is, that is the most demanding and hardest to test game type out there...

What CDPR did is exceptional.

OK People, It's time to stop feeding the troll. It's humanly impossible to hate anything as much as @LoriYagami76 hates the witcher 3 :p give him some paint and maybe he'll go away :p

The Witcher 3 have good aspects to it. But there's a huge hole inside of it as well. The gameplay design is simply a scrape. It's there, as a matter of fact.

I feel ya.
Just when you play something that is very good, it's hard to play anything less than the new standard. It's all about psychology :)

That is very true, don't think I'll be able to go near any 3rd person RPG's for some time after W3. So just play other types of RPG's, there is always Baldur's Gate and that game can never get old. Acutaly thinking of doing a complete run of the saga once I'm done with W3.

The Witcher 3 have good aspects to it. But there's a huge hole inside of it as well. The gameplay design is simply a scrape. It's there, as a matter of fact.

Listen my friend, there are objective facts... and there are subjective feelings.

Subjectively, to me, Witcher 3 and STALKER are the best games ever made. Ever. I dont push it as a fact though. Because it is NOT.

OK People, It's time to stop feeding the troll. It's humanly impossible to hate anything as much as @LoriYagami76 hates the witcher 3 :p give him some paint and maybe he'll go away :p

I understand his frustration. Different people have different expectation on the game (referring to witcher 3).

I'm just pointing out that to blame that CDPR is marketing a broken game and claim it's overhyped without a fact to support it, it's just a weak argument.

Subjective view =/= facts

Learn to differentiate it. If you see someone who can't, you need to guide & correct em. We don't want to have more of these people in our society (we live in strange times).

Even if CDPR is marketing a broken game, this broken game sure as hell is better than any other game out there so far :p

Witcher 3 is far from perfect (even I criticize by creating few major threads on the forum) but there are always room for improvement and it's not like the game is literally broken :|

Instead of condemning, a constructive criticism is way better.

Last edited:
That is very true, don't think I'll be able to go near any 3rd person RPG's for some time after W3. So just play other types of RPG's, there is always Baldur's Gate and that game can never get old. Acutaly thinking of doing a complete run of the saga once I'm done with W3.

I'm trying to scratch that Witcher itch by playing Gothic 2 again, we'll see if I can hold on before continuing with my 3rd TW3 playthrough :p But seriously, all those people not liking the combat should check Gothic 2 out and see how far we've come :)

I understand his frustration. Different people have different expectation on the game (referring to witcher 3).

I'm just pointing out that to blame that CDPR is marketing a broken game and claim it's overhyped without a fact to support it, it's just a weak argument.

Subjective view =/= facts

Learn to differentiate it. If you see someone who can't, you need to guide em. We don't want to have more of these people in our society (we live in strange times).

Even if CDPR is marketing a broken game, this broken game sure as hell is better than any other game out there so far

Witcher 3 is far from perfect (even I criticize by creating few major threads on the forum) but there are always room for improvement and it's not like the game is literally broken :|

Instead of condemning, a constructive criticism is way better.

It makes me wonder sometimes. If a person's expectation are high enough to not appreciate one of the better games in the genre, maybe this genre just is not really for them. Instead of wasting your time on criticizing games they really don't like , why don't they find a game they do enjoy and stick with that?

There is this new breed of gamers that criticize everything, they are anti corporate, anti bug, anti indi, anti everything. If gaming is really that frustrating of a hobby maybe they should try to find something else. For example, I really enjoy star wars themed legos when im frustrated with the commercialization of TV and games. Instead of hating on the web, I go build a lego death star etc.

There is no point in trying to use logic against arguments solely designed to incite uproar and express one's frustration with a bit more than a video game.

P.S: Do they really let you browse as you will at PwC? :p I've dabbled in management consulting and my experience was much more painful :p

Last edited:
The gameplay design is broken as a FACT. There is no sense of difficulty. There is no sense of reward. Money is too easy to obtain. Anything called "rare" in this game come to your hands as a gift from the sky. You don't have to make a single effort to get anything going. You spend dozens of potions and all of your bombs and everything gets replenished by a single bottle of alcohest. Tch....

1.The gameplay design is broken as a FACT.
2. There is no sense of difficulty. There is no sense of reward.
3. Money is too easy to obtain.
4.Anything called "rare" in this game come to your hands as a gift from the sky.
5.You don't have to make a single effort to get anything going.
6.You spend dozens of potions and all of your bombs and everything gets replenished by a single bottle of alcohest. Tch....
1. Subjective feeling to you. I dont agree.
2. Subjective feeling to you.
3. Subjective feeling. To be fair, no open world game I have ever played was punishing with money. Closest was STALKER... and you did not need buy shit there.
4. Not a problem.
5. Untrue
6. Whether it is a good or a bad game design choice, is subjective.

1. Subjective feeling to you. I dont agree.
2. Subjective feeling to you.
3. Subjective feeling. To be fair, no open world game I have ever played was punishing with money. Closest was STALKER... and you did not need buy shit there.
4. Not a problem.
5. Untrue
6. Whether it is a good or a bad game design choice, is subjective.

You might want to use another synonym for 'subjective', because he's just not getting it...

I'm trying to scratch that Witcher itch by playing Gothic 2 again, we'll see if I can hold on before continuing with my 3rd TW3 playthrough :p But seriously, all those people not liking the combat should check Gothic 2 out and see how far we've come :)

Yup the Gothics and the silly pirate games that came after all had terribad combat. I remember end game Gothic 2 I could 4 shot a dragon, but still killed all blood flies and wild pigs with ranged weaponry, because if they got a hit in there was a good chance they could stun lock you and then just take a very long time to kill you. Haha good times.

Ok then. No point explaining anything to someone with a close mind.

I would say you are the one with the closed mind my friend.

Subjectivity is a simple concept. There is an old Russian saying "на вкус и на цвет товарищей нет". I learned it when I was 5. Could not quite understand it back then. But this is what makes art go round, in effect.

Read this:
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/there's_no_accounting_for_taste

This is not the first time I have to explain subjectivity to people. I dont understand why people cant quite gasp such a simple and important concept...

Ok. It's subjective thing. The Witcher 3 is the pinnacle of gameplay design. Quite subjective to say so as well.
Everything is subjective so there is no point in having a discussion about anything.

Last edited:
Top Bottom